TEXAS RANCIDS

richard.w...@chrysalis.org

Aug 9, 1994, 5:44:21 PM8/9/94

That foul stench you smell eminating from the American League West is the
decaying defication of the Texas Rangers pitching staff. Or should the Rangers
be better identified as the Texas Strangers/Rancids?

Minority owner George Bush Jr made a statement in the 8/9/94 Fort Worth
Star-Telegram that the problem with the Rangers is not in the management, but
in the fact that the ball players have not performed up to par. Well, excuse me
Herr Bush, but it's your management that has formed the nucleus of this
baseball club. Of the pitching staff, only Oliver and Henke are worth keeping
in the relief corps and Kenny Rogers is the only starter worth keeping. Rangers
do have some holes that must be filled in the outfield and infield, but for the
most part, the major surgery that must be performed in the off-season is to
sever the ties with every member of the management on the club...that means
that general manager Tom Grieve and the coaching staff MUST go. Ever since this
club moved from Washington to Texas, the club has been run in a shoddy
fashion...i.e. poor trades, poor perception of available talent in their minor
league system, and poor judge of who should be their number one draft pick.

If indeed this season will end on August 12, then maybe it's best that the
season end and the owners re-structure the league where it will be within their
financial constraints. It's time for the high paid players to stop belly-aching
about how bad they have it.

A disgruntled fan.....

Richard

Internet: richard.w...@chrysalis.org
richa...@dallas.relay.ucm.org

ba...@dfwvx1.dallas.geoquest.slb.com

Aug 11, 1994, 11:51:14 AM8/11/94
In article <940809214...@chrysalis.org>, richard.w...@chrysalis.org writes:
<expurgated version>

>That foul stench you smell eminating from the American League West is the
>decaying defication of the Texas Rangers pitching staff. Or should the Rangers
>be better identified as the Texas Strangers/Rancids?
>
>A disgruntled fan.....
>
>Richard

I have to agree with you, Richard. The pitching problems of the
Rangers have been atrocious. The last few years have been -
'Yeh, the pitching isn't that good, but look at that OFFENSE'.
Jeez. Grief shoulda been kicked out along with Valentine. (Grief
and Valentine shoulda been dumped the same way Valentine dumped
Inky) Kevin 'Loser' Brown is a mental case that needs to be
'pruned'. And look at the quality pitching they got in the
off-season - Jack Armstrong - ooh boy. And what was that other
pitcher - the guy that packed up, quit, and drove home to Utah
a couple of months ago?

Jeez Louise, whatta gonna do?

james