Hey tree

Vedfolnir

Sep 27, 2003, 1:20:25 AM9/27/03
one kid from Ga. and three from Ala died aboard the Stark...update 37 total
dead/17 wounded...you say we killed 10,000 inocent Iraqui's? Well at least
30,000 French Nationals should die to make shit ballance out o~;->

ynotssor

Sep 27, 2003, 2:16:49 AM9/27/03
"Vedfolnir" <afan...@aol.com> wrote in message

Half of that 30,000 died during the heat wave this summer according to new
estimates released today. Mostly elderly.

Happy now?

--
use hotmail com for any email replies

Capt. hook

Sep 27, 2003, 2:26:26 AM9/27/03
>"ynotssor"
>one kid from Ga. and three from Ala died aboard the Stark...update 37
>> total dead/17 wounded...you say we killed 10,000 inocent Iraqui's?
>> Well at least 30,000 French Nationals should die to make shit
>> ballance out o~;->

>Half of that 30,000 died during the heat wave this summer according to new
>estimates released today. Mostly >elderly.
>Happy now?

No....I want the french officials, that let shit like this happen...then on to
the 30,000 in
arms development and sales ;->
"Fit Via Vi"
Cuirtan Mheadhon Oidhche

Darren G

Sep 27, 2003, 3:23:21 PM9/27/03
afan...@aol.com (Vedfolnir) wrote in message news:<20030927012025...@mb-m29.aol.com>...

> one kid from Ga. and three from Ala died aboard the Stark...update 37 total
> dead/17 wounded...you say we killed 10,000 inocent Iraqui's? Well at least
> 30,000 French Nationals should die to make shit ballance out o~;->

Look on the bright side, Snuff'. There's a shitload of Afghanistan
surplus Stingers floating around the world somewhere. I believe they
were US issue to Osama and his merry men. Sooner or later they'll
probably take some innocent people out and then the ledger's will be
even for the exocets.

In the meantime there's 3 tonnes of explosives unaccounted for,
currently circulating somwhere around Indonesia. No doubt we'll be
hearing more about them fairly soon.

Dontcha just love the free trade in arms? What helps to kill more
innocent people every year: illicit manufactured weapons or WMDs?

Blues

Darren G

David Ferree

Sep 27, 2003, 5:34:11 PM9/27/03
On 27 Sep 2003 12:23:21 -0700, zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said:

>Dontcha just love the free trade in arms? What helps to kill more
>innocent people every year: illicit manufactured weapons or WMDs?

Neither, thanks to the excellent leadership of our great President,
George W. Bush, and the backing he has from the American people in
spite of little pussy boy whiners like you.

Shop4Skydiving

Sep 27, 2003, 6:27:11 PM9/27/03

Well said David!
AIRBORNE
Tracy

Capt. hook

Sep 27, 2003, 8:39:53 PM9/27/03
>one kid from Ga. and three from Ala died >aboard the Stark...update 37 total
>dead/17 wounded...you say we killed
>10,000 inocent wogs?

>Look on the bright side, Snuff'. There's a >shitload of Afghanistan
>surplus Stingers floating around the >world somewhere. I believe they
>were US issue

yuh they sure shut down them USSR hinds and froggers that were mainly attacking
villages, the USS Stark was inoccently cruising in the gulf enforcing the
tanker embargo..btw are you the
Austalian treetop? ;)P

Tom B

Sep 28, 2003, 1:10:40 AM9/28/03

"Darren G" <zippyf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> afan...@aol.com (Vedfolnir) wrote in message
> > one kid from Ga. and three from Ala died aboard the Stark...update
37 total
> > dead/17 wounded...you say we killed 10,000 inocent Iraqui's? Well
at least
> > 30,000 French Nationals should die to make shit ballance out o~;->
>
> Look on the bright side, Snuff'. There's a shitload of Afghanistan
> surplus Stingers floating around the world somewhere. I believe they
> were US issue to Osama and his merry men. Sooner or later they'll
> probably take some innocent people out and then the ledger's will be
> even for the exocets.

I don't know how old those Stingers are, but they definately have a
shelf life. The rocket motor propellent cracks after some time. Those
cracks enable combustion in unexpected places, with pressure and
tempature where it should not be. Often the result is catostrophic
failure, as in Challanger. Several Huey's and Cobra's met their end by
problems with 2.75" rockets that had not been properly shipped,
stored, etc..I suspect many of those were blamed on hostile fire. I
suspect the deep caves used in Afghanistan were nearly perfect
storgage for stingers. I know that I have spent many many hours
stripping motor propellent from 2.75" rockets, so it could be burned.
When we thought we could get away with it, i.e. nobody from Range
Control was out to observe, we just removed the warheads, piled the
rocket motors and a few boxes of C4 maaged to get them done. It was
entertaining though, because of cracks in the propellent, probably
cause by the explosion, some would always take off in unguided flight
in any direction. I have seen 3 large men under a jeep, not that it
would do much good. Just like with nitroglicern, motor propellent
gives one hell of a headache, nearly immediately.

> In the meantime there's 3 tonnes of explosives unaccounted for,
> currently circulating somwhere around Indonesia. No doubt we'll be
> hearing more about them fairly soon.

That would make one hell of a lot of car bombs. Or if some of it is
sheet RDX, a whole lot of mailbombs.

> Dontcha just love the free trade in arms? What helps to kill more
> innocent people every year: illicit manufactured weapons or WMDs?

As was shown in Iraq, WMD's are more of a strategic weapon that fits
into the MAD, mutually assured destruction, than a tactical weapon. As
for illcit weapons, that means a lot of thigs to a lot of people. I am
still in the belief that people kill people.

Tom B

Darren G

Sep 28, 2003, 2:55:55 AM9/28/03
to...@aol.com (Capt. hook) wrote in message news:<20030927203953...@mb-m24.aol.com>...

Nah, Snuff', my understanding is that youve gotta be a short bloke to
be a treetop. I only just top 6 feet but Im not sure if thats short
enough. Besides, Treetop is a bit more liberal than me - although he
may be just putting that on for sheep mustering purposes.

Blues

Darren G

Darren G

Sep 28, 2003, 3:20:10 AM9/28/03
David Ferree <david...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<1a0cnvk95rdtbkd0j...@4ax.com>...

The beauty of the current situation is that I dont have to bother
debating Iraq anymore. Its got a way to go and Im pretty sure its all
gonna play out more or less how I expect.

When alls said and done, George is a pretty useless fellow and the
world doesnt like him or his various idealogical games - especially
since he's made the world a far more dangerous place.

Since, apart from natural causes, the only way to remove a US
president is via the bullet or the ballot - and, unlike our hopeless
little Israeli friends, the civilised world eschews killing presidents
- that means George's method of execution will be via the ballot. What
does that mean in practice David? Well, it means youre on your own in
Iraq until its too late for George. He's gonna be left swinging in the
breeze. And since George has lost the initative over Iraq, all the
rest of the world has to do is wait and he'll be starved out. Of
course that means economic chaos and more bodybags for you guys unless
George wakes up in time but I really cant see old George cottoning on.

BTW if youre thinking of accusing me of being happy about whats
happening at the moment, think again. George and his pack of clowns
started this, not anybody else. Also, Im an ex-grunt, from a family
thats served its country in uniform for 5 generations. I am and always
have been pro-grunt. I dont like seeing young men killed and maimed so
that mongrel cowards can sit in boardrooms and soak up profits from
dead men and their families. A man who served as a reserve pilot at
home when his so-called beliefs should have pricked his conscience to
serve on the front line and then says "bring it on" when he clearly
has no idea what hes doing, is not a man that I, personally, would
choose to follow. I would not choose to follow your president. But
then clearly you and I have different standards when it comes to self
respect and respect for others.

Blues

Darren G

FredB

Sep 28, 2003, 6:23:04 AM9/28/03
At least, someone is using his brain here

"Darren G" <zippyf...@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> [...]

Rig Dog

Sep 28, 2003, 8:07:48 AM9/28/03
yuh they sure shut down them USSR hinds and froggers that were mainly
attacking
villages, the USS Stark was inoccently cruising in the gulf enforcing
the
tanker embargo..btw are you the
Austalian treetop? ;)P
"Fit Via Vi"
Cuirtan Mheadhon Oidhche

you guys ain't seen nuthing yet. we opened up a can of worms over
there we will regret. as for you "Gung Ho" OohRah Mofos out there,
best watch your asses. i've been over there, and it ain't no friggin
picnic. these sons-of-bitches will kill you just cuz. they ain't got
no learnings. you cannot deal with a society that doesn't place a
value on living and breathing, all they want to do is go live with
that Allah fella. shucron.

RG DOG
Can You Really Live With A 87 Billion Dollar Price Tag...For Now? This
War Is Costing US 4 Billion Dollars A Month, no wonder NATO was smart
enough to not return ol' Wyatt Earp's (A.K.A. George W. Bush, Dumio,
Class Klown, Etc...) Phone Calls. Now the brits are calling for Tony
Blair's (A.K.A. Doc Holliday) Head!

Capt. hook

Sep 28, 2003, 8:21:17 AM9/28/03
>"Darren G"

>Look on the bright side, Snuff'. There's a >shitload of Afghanistan
>surplus Stingers floating around the world >somewhere

>I don't know how old those Stingers are, >but they definately have a

>shelf life. The rocket motor propellent >cracks after some time. Those
>cracks enable combustion in unexpected >places

>Tom B

Yeah Darren lets face it, if they still had them and they worked the assholes
wudda used them by now...I looked for it to happen after the CLG shot down that
Airbus in the gulf----a incident I trace back
to the USS Stark not firing her missles because the target was thought to be
friendly...So the Starks on the radio saying
"Unknown aircraft bear away!" and KAPOW! I mean the F1 was coming in just above
the water and popped up while
the Airbus was flying at altitude...These fukups have a lot to do with the
quality of CIC officer on watch than anything else
but seeing where the Navys gone...I bet the Skippers walked in both cases. The
CLG's skipper got his later in San Diego when he tried to kill his wife...I
didn't follow the Starks Captain after his incident even though I was far more
pissed at him...
Fuck the politics of blowing aircraft out of the sky your ship always came
first in the old Navy...Everybodys retired by now but some Admirals shudda went
down
over the USS Liberty incident also imo ;)P

Capt. hook

Sep 28, 2003, 8:26:51 AM9/28/03
>you guys ain't seen nuthing yet. we >opened up a can of worms over
>there we will regret. as for you "Gung >Ho" OohRah Mofos out there,
>best watch your asses. i've been over >there, and it ain't no friggin
>picnic. these sons-of-bitches will kill
>you just cuz. they ain't got no learnings.
>Can You Really Live With A 87 Billion >Dollar Price Tag...For Now? This
>War Is Costing US 4 Billion Dollars A >Month,

yuh its clear, we need to find a cheaper way to kill them hahahahaha o~;)P

David Ferree

Sep 28, 2003, 10:22:08 AM9/28/03
On 28 Sep 2003 00:20:10 -0700, zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said:

>David Ferree <david...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<1a0cnvk95rdtbkd0j...@4ax.com>...
>> On 27 Sep 2003 12:23:21 -0700, zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said:
>>

>> >Dontcha just love the free trade in arms? What helps to kill more
>> >innocent people every year: illicit manufactured weapons or WMDs?
>>
>> Neither, thanks to the excellent leadership of our great President,
>> George W. Bush, and the backing he has from the American people in
>> spite of little pussy boy whiners like you.
>
>The beauty of the current situation is that I dont have to bother
>debating Iraq anymore. Its got a way to go and Im pretty sure its all
>gonna play out more or less how I expect.

You mean the way you hope, right? LOL Yeah, you're a real
humanitarian for sure.

>When alls said and done, George is a pretty useless fellow and the
>world doesnt like him or his various idealogical games - especially
>since he's made the world a far more dangerous place.

Have you ever considered trying to get a job at CNN or on Hilary
Clinton's campaign staff? You would fit right in. The only problem
you would find is that, after they go day after day after day through
their Bush bashing (like you), then take a "poll" of their most devout
fans (like you), the majority of American people and the rest of the
world still have more respect for our country than for any other in
the world, much to the dismay of people like you.

>Since, apart from natural causes, the only way to remove a US
>president is via the bullet or the ballot - and, unlike our hopeless
>little Israeli friends, the civilised world eschews killing presidents
>- that means George's method of execution will be via the ballot. What
>does that mean in practice David? Well, it means youre on your own in
>Iraq until its too late for George. He's gonna be left swinging in the
>breeze. And since George has lost the initative over Iraq, all the
>rest of the world has to do is wait and he'll be starved out. Of
>course that means economic chaos and more bodybags for you guys unless
>George wakes up in time but I really cant see old George cottoning on.

Have you ever considered trying to get a job at CNN or on Hilary
Clinton's campaign staff? You would fit right in. The only problem
you would find is that, after they go day after day after day through
their Bush bashing (like you), then take a "poll" of their most devout
fans (like you), the majority of American people and the rest of the
world still have more respect for our country than for any other in
the world, much to the dismay of people like you.

>BTW if youre thinking of accusing me of being happy about whats
>happening at the moment, think again. George and his pack of clowns
>started this, not anybody else. Also, Im an ex-grunt, from a family
>thats served its country in uniform for 5 generations. I am and always
>have been pro-grunt. I dont like seeing young men killed and maimed so
>that mongrel cowards can sit in boardrooms and soak up profits from
>dead men and their families. A man who served as a reserve pilot at
>home when his so-called beliefs should have pricked his conscience to
>serve on the front line and then says "bring it on" when he clearly
>has no idea what hes doing, is not a man that I, personally, would
>choose to follow. I would not choose to follow your president. But
>then clearly you and I have different standards when it comes to self
>respect and respect for others.

Have you ever considered trying to get a job at CNN or on Hilary
Clinton's campaign staff? You would fit right in. The only problem
you would find is that, after they go day after day after day through
their Bush bashing (like you), then take a "poll" of their most devout
fans (like you), the majority of American people and the rest of the
world still have more respect for our country than for any other in
the world, much to the dismay of people like you.

David

David Ferree

Sep 28, 2003, 10:24:09 AM9/28/03
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:23:04 +0200, "FredB" <fr...@free.fr> said:

>At least, someone is using his brain here

Thank you.

David

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tom B

Sep 28, 2003, 7:17:22 PM9/28/03

"FredB" <fr...@free.fr> wrote in message

> At least, someone is using his brain here

Don't confust thrashing with efficient rowing or paddling.

Capt. hook

Sep 28, 2003, 7:23:13 PM9/28/03
>yuh its clear, we need to find a cheaper >way to kill them hahahahaha o~;)P

>Send in more Canadians

not now....brown & root has the major contract, hire americans----Thats one of
the reasons the bill's fixing to top 90 billion, we always try to rebuild
other countrys after a war...unfortunately
we begin so soon occupation troops have to stay longer... Course theirs so much
corruption in the middle east and bad guys left in Iraqi not counting the
sourounding countrys just waiting to step in as the next despot our boys wudda
had to stay anyway. 40 years from now Iraq will be voting against us in the UN
like
France and Germany---->our money rebuilt
them two countrys after the big war and look what happened...yuh let American
contractors make some money and build all that shit over there right oooorah ;)

Tom B

Sep 28, 2003, 7:23:59 PM9/28/03

"chuck" <cgilb...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >Subject: Re: Hey tree
> >From: to...@aol.com (Capt. hook)
> >Date: 9/28/03 8:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time

> >yuh its clear, we need to find a cheaper way to kill them
hahahahaha o~;)P
> > "Fit Via Vi"
> > Cuirtan
>
> Send in more Canadians

No Chuck, they do much better on United Nations missions. Let them
help us there. IIRC, they have lost 4 service members to fire since
the Korean War. That makes them super soldiers, or a nation that is
willing to let the world go to hell around them. Either way, a perfect
fit for the UN missions.

Tom B

Capt. hook

Sep 28, 2003, 7:46:54 PM9/28/03
>yuh its clear, we need to find a cheaper >way to kill them
>hahahahaha o~;)P

>Send in more Canadians

>No Chuck,

>hey have lost 4 service members to fire >since the Korean War. That makes them

>super soldiers, or a nation that is
>willing to let the world go to hell

>Tom B

better be keerfull Tom...I seem to remember they had to disband an
Airborne brigade for beating the shit
outta Afrins or something, here's hoping
ya ain't black or living too close to the Canadian border! o~;-*

Vedfolnir

Sep 28, 2003, 9:39:13 PM9/28/03
>Look on the bright side, Snuff'. There's a >shitload of Afghanistan
>surplus Stingers floating around the world >somewhere. I believe they
>were US issue to Osama and his merry >men.

I read a VIR long ago that their are SADD's missing from the cold war era...
Were supposed to be in bunkers in Europe
and volia-------------->GONE...not counting the Rooskie shit that got sold when
they failed to pay their military...old banged around Stingers are the least of
my worry's... Their more sofisticated than the LAW's we carried in NAM...and
they got funky if packed around too long so we took to firing off them after a
patrol and taking new ones next run...shit with the bad ammo lot list's coming
down we had a team 4th of Jully at least once a month.
All I can tell them if they don't have a refurbishment facility, is lots of
luck knocking anything down with them..another trick was anything broke...deep
six it and say it fell over the side or was a combat loss...a new one would be
out on the next log flight, if ya wanted it repaired a man had to carry it to
DaNang, fill out the appropriate forms with the Army or Marines whichever NAG
comshawed it off of and you might see it again before your tour was up IF YOU
WERE LUCKY Yeeeeha real life problem solving! o~;)P
view from the rocking chair.
the old Philosopher
w. coyote esq.

Vedfolnir

Sep 28, 2003, 9:50:42 PM9/28/03
>The beauty of the current situation is that >I dont have to bother debating
Iraq >anymore. Its got a way to go and Im >pretty sure its all gonna play out
more or >less how I expect.

Who de fuk sed that?
Ain't no debate/its a done deal.
Those figgers tree's dragging
up go against his case if you
read them carefully---a lotta them
people didn't appear innocent to
my military mind...I thought our men
did well keeping the colateral damage
down as well as they did, prolly at the
cost of their own or a buddys live more often than not I'd like to point out to
you @#$%&* candy ass whiners GIT A FUKKING LIFE...I'm sure my generation wudda
killed far more innocent bystanders---even with modern weapons..a saying comes
to mind..."was he vc? he's dead ain't he!" bwooooohahahaha o~;-P

Darren G

Sep 29, 2003, 1:19:09 AM9/29/03
[snip]

> Have you ever considered trying to get a job at CNN or on Hilary
> Clinton's campaign staff? You would fit right in. The only problem
> you would find is that, after they go day after day after day through
> their Bush bashing (like you), then take a "poll" of their most devout
> fans (like you), the majority of American people and the rest of the
> world still have more respect for our country than for any other in
> the world, much to the dismay of people like you.
>
> David

No, I havent David. I think Bill and Hilary Clinton are nice people
but I dont think Bill was much chop as a president.

I think its good that the people of the US have respect for their
country. Its a good country, so Im not dismayed at all. Now why dont
you get on out there and make it a BETTER country?

Blues

Darren G

Darren G

Sep 29, 2003, 1:36:05 AM9/29/03
[snip]

> Why don't you let us in on your expectations?

Chuck, re-read my post. Its all more or less there.

> >When alls said and done, George is a pretty useless fellow and the
> >world doesnt like him or his various idealogical games - especially
> >since he's made the world a far more dangerous place.
>

> To the contrary, I believe that the evil forces in the world are to involved in
> pondering the consequences of their acts, and staying underground. What have
> they done since 9/11, aside from getting their asses kicked?

Well Chuck, a good friend and co-worker of mine was injured in the
Marriott bombing in Jakarta last month. She was badly lacerated by
flying glass. Her one year old son who came close to losing his
mother. Luckily I didnt lose anyone I know in Bali, which is kind of a
back yard playground for people from my home state. I didnt lose
anyone in the Morocco or Saudi bombings either, or in the chaos going
on across south east asia at the moment. If youre not aware of all
this then I think maybe youre not looking hard enough. I guess thats
pretty easy to do when youre not on the front line with 200 million
muslims on your doorstep.

> >BTW if youre thinking of accusing me of being happy about whats
> >happening at the moment, think again. George and his pack of clowns
> >started this, not anybody else.
>

> You mean that the President and his Cabinet flew the aircraft into the World
> Trade Centers and the Pentagon?

No. Iraq had nothing to do with the 11 September atatcks. Even George
Bush has conceded that theres no evidence of that and anyone who can
think straight knows that a secular pyscopath in power isnt going to
team up with a religious pyscopath who wants to overthrow him - and
has said so on numerous ocassions.

> I think that you just want to see the US get a black eye. If you are from OZ, I
> am shocked. If it were not for our fore fathers, you would most likely be
> speaking Japanese now instead of bullshit.

Chuck. Thats incorrect on 2 fronts. I dont want you guys to get a
black eye. But if a mate of mine got drunk and tried to pick a fight
with, say, Mike Tyson, Id feel honourbound to try and get him to back
off so he didnt get hurt. As for speaking Japanese, sorry, that just
isnt correct, although naturally I dont discount the fact that the US
stood side by side with us then just as we have stood up, for less
gain, time and time again - for the US and the people of many other
countries. Just keep it in perspective though, Chuck; if you wanted to
do a jump that I thought was dumb would you expect me to say so or
encourage you to do something dumber? What would a true friend do?
You be the judge on that one.

Blues

Darren G

Message has been deleted

Darren G

Sep 29, 2003, 2:08:17 AM9/29/03
afan...@aol.com (Vedfolnir) wrote in message news:<20030928213913...@mb-m23.aol.com>...

> >Look on the bright side, Snuff'. There's a >shitload of Afghanistan
> >surplus Stingers floating around the world >somewhere. I believe they
> >were US issue to Osama and his merry >men.
>
> I read a VIR long ago that their are SADD's missing from the cold war era...
> Were supposed to be in bunkers in Europe
> and volia-------------->GONE...not counting the Rooskie shit that got sold when
> they failed to pay their military...old banged around Stingers are the least of
> my worry's... Their more sofisticated than the LAW's we carried in NAM...and
> they got funky if packed around too long so we took to firing off them after a
> patrol and taking new ones next run.
That'd be the old M72, 66mm jobs? We used to use them ( plus the Carl
Gustav 84's). Shit, I think theyre still using them. A lot of them
wouldnt fire on the range. I think the armourers used to put special
loads into them or something. From memory, the instructions in that
situation went something like "place the launcher on the ground, VERY
gently. Now tippy toe a safe distance to the side. Hold your breath
throughout this procedure".

..shit with the bad ammo lot list's coming
> down we had a team 4th of Jully at least once a month.
> All I can tell them if they don't have a refurbishment facility, is lots of
> luck knocking anything down with them..another trick was anything broke...deep
> six it and say it fell over the side or was a combat loss...a new one would be
> out on the next log flight, if ya wanted it repaired a man had to carry it to
> DaNang, fill out the appropriate forms with the Army or Marines whichever NAG
> comshawed it off of and you might see it again before your tour was up IF YOU
> WERE LUCKY Yeeeeha real life problem solving! o~;)P

On exercises, after a contact we used to radio in that we'd used far
more mg ammo than we actually had. Each rifleman only had 120 rounds
per rifle to start with on exercises so getting a bigger resupply
meant we never faced the problem of running out. We'd just break up
the belts to whoever wanted them.

This backfired once. On the second last day of an exercise we blew the
extractor spring on our M60. It should have been sent home to the
armourers and a replacement sent out immediately, but because we were
out of there the next day, company HQ said, no, leave it here and give
'em the L2A2 (a kind of fully automatic SLR with a bipod and a
supersized mag'). Unfortunately, we'd been accumulating masses of
belts for the gun with more on the way when this happened. Yours truly
was gunner's mate and carrying most of them so I think I had about
15-18, 100 round belts of blank ammo after this occured. All the other
guys had masses too but not heaps of belts they couldnt use.

Our practice with MG belts was to carry them in little bandolier bags
that you could throw. Everytime I hit the dirt I'd get strangled by
all these damned things so I'd stuffed as many as I could into every
pocket and pack space I had. We route marched out of there that night
and I sounded like a wheelbarrow full of coins on the march.

The Australian army has a procedure after exercises involving ammo.
Everyone falls in and an NCO comes along, checks your pouches and you
state "I have no range produce or ammunition on my person, Sir!".
Anyway, when the sgt first came along I gave him my rifle ammo, then
started to pull all these belts out from various pockets and places.
After a while, he said, "I'll come back to you" and kept going down
the line. When he came back, I was still pulling this stuff out (some
of the rounds had worked their way inside the seams of my uniform), so
he said, "I'll come back to you", again, plus I think there were a few
four letter words mixed in that. By the time I'd finished I had a knee
high stack of ammo and the sgt never did take my statement!:P

Blues

Darren G

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Ferree

Sep 29, 2003, 2:47:07 AM9/29/03

I do every day, Darren my young skull full of mush friend, while pussy
little whiners like you (and the nice communists Bill and HIlary) try
to tear it down. Guess what? Not working. Yes, there are a lot of
people here who are stupid enough to believe what you write in all
sincerity, as well at fleatop's trolls, which are ideologically
indistinguishable from each other. They would be the same ones that
believe the pandering of the nice communists Bill and Hilary Clinton.
Fortunately, no matter how hard CNN and their ilk try, they can't find
a sufficient number of people who are stupid enough to buy it. Too
bad, so sad. LOL

By the way, what's the problem, Darren? Too much acid in high school
or just too much weed now? Both? Oh, sorry, I realize I need to
explain that question to you in excruciating detail for you to
understand. In your previous post you said "And since George has lost
the initative over Iraq, all the rest of the world has to do is wait

and he'll be starved out. Of course that means economic chaos and more
bodybags for you guys unless George wakes up in time but I really cant

see old George cottoning on." But now in this post you're not
dismayed at all that the majority of the American people are solidly
behind him, while the rest of the world still respects us more than
any other country on earth, thanks in large part to our great
President, George W. Bush, as opposed entirely to the situation we had
while the nice communists Bill and Hilary Clinton were running things
(kind of).

But here's an idea for you, Darren, why don't you tell us what you
would do? Go ahead, dazzle us with your brilliance, since you're so
much smarter than the President of the United States that you just
can't help but let disrespectful school yard taunts roll off your
little lily livered pussy boy whiner tongue. Why don't you tell us
about how you would have gotten the full support and backing of the
UN? Go turn on CNN, come back, and report. Be careful though,
they're just saying "we should have" done it, not saying how. Since
you're so smart, why don't you tell us how? Who knows, maybe Hilary
will read your post and be the next President, then you'll be truly
happy. LOFL! :-)

David

Darren G

Sep 29, 2003, 12:03:19 PM9/29/03
David Ferree <david...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<fsjfnvgtm9a02frmk...@4ax.com>...

Losing it a bit there, David. My, my, time for a valium.

For the record? Hand over military command to a UN force, preferably
under a British or Australian commander. US forces reduced and rotated
ON TIME. Get rid of the military police. This is a war, not a fucking
episode of Miami Law in Iraq. MPs are good for directing traffic and
making sure the barmen in the officers' mess dont nick the silver.
Useless for a war.

Get a UN resolution on all the above and get the frogs and the Germans
in. Give em zones of responsibility. Dont bother with the Indians,
Pakistanis or south americans; theyre all useless. Dont bother with
the russians either. Half of the fuckers from the former USSR
countries went home from the Cambodia UN mission HIV positive. Dont
bring in the Turks, good as they are - you'll upset the Kurds.

Seriously consider separating the Kurds, Shiite and Sunni zones into
autonomous functioning regions with their own administrations.

Put in a civilan UN civil command - preferably would have been under
Sergio de Mello but he's dead. He did such a good job in East Timor
the dumb fuck terrorists worked out before your morons did how
important he is (sorry, was) and killed him. Ha! Figures, another good
man wasted. Now the UN has to relearn everything we taught it in East
Timor and Cambodia.

Flood the country with funds. Expect heavy casualties. Stop fucking
raiding homes and arresting suspects. If you think theres a bad guy in
a house, watch the house, wait til he comes out with a weapon, set up
an ambush and kill him and his friends. Simple fucking stuff really.
Why do this? easy. People think a guy arrested at night is being
picked on (even when he's not), a guy killed with a weapon at night is
a good example of why you shouldnt be out playing with guns at funny
hours.

Intimidate the fuck out of anyone with a weapon. Be very very nice to
everyone else.

Allow all countries in to help with infrastructure. Dont give jobs to
mates of the president. Dont build schools when there's no electricity
- you'll look stupid. Especially to an Arab.

Get the necessary UN resolutions.

Do all this NOW.

Whatt'ya think Dave? A plan or what? And guess what, Im guessing the
next president will do just about this sort of thing.

Blues

Darren G

Capt. hook

Sep 29, 2003, 12:08:17 PM9/29/03
a Anzac sez;

>On exercises, after a contact we used to >radio in that we'd used far
>more mg ammo than we actually had. >Each rifleman only had 120 rounds per
>rifle

fukking ozzies casrried light ammo loads didn't they? That kinda shit mighta
been ok back when yawl carried Enfields, but run up against a superior force
with a ammo load like that with no ground support in sight and yer gonna be
screwed blued and tatooed. our normal river patrol was 4 or 5 indidgs and one
Advisor or maybe 10 indigs if we too two boats but still only one advisor...our
ground operations were kept down to 18 men or less because we knew where we
were going and what we wanted to destroy---it was usually within half a click
of the river anyway----in by boat
WAM BAM thank you MAM and out by boat...so we were generally always out
numbered. (Air Support) was our ace in the hole...the SWIFTS came up to support
us from the river sometimes...no supporting troops unless we were blocking for
the
ARVIN or Marines...sometimes we just went out, pissed the enemy off and led
them to the nearest Marine perimitter ;->

>getting a bigger resupply
>meant we never faced the problem of >running out. We'd just break up
>the belts to whoever wanted them.

After we switched from M14's to M16's & CAR15's that wasn't possible cause the
M60 was a different caliber.

>so getting a bigger resupply

We kept cases's of all sizes of the shit in a bunker behind our field team
houses cause we had the M2's on the boats to feed also...jeeze for just 4 men
we prolly carried the TOS of a Battalion or at least a company when it came to
ammo and weapons...Just loaded the boats up and if ya needed more bandoleers ya
swung back by the boat
DOWN SIDE was we had to go thru the cases when bad ammo lot numbers came down
the line and that was quite often believe it or not added to the burden of
Advising read (teaching) and patrolling while trying to see to our personal
needs it was almost too much at times...Being so far out we were never asked to
send shit back...just ordered to destroy it...The radios were what we often
deep sixed rather than send in for repair...lets see 4 men and we had
2 M60's 2 M79's, various M16's, CAR 15's
for personal weapons... 1 scoped M14 and 3 or 4 pump shotguns for personal
use...we selected what we needed for any particular job...the heavy shit was
M2's, M1919's a 81mm & a couple of 60mm mortars fuk the outpost even had a 20mm
on one corner we had to see too...cases and cases of Ammo for everything plus
LAWS, Frags and Smokes...not counting enemy weapons that had been collected
over the years and passed down...I know it sounds cumbersom and unmanageable
but 4 trained men working 18/20 hours a day as a team could keep up with
it...we just emplaced the heavy shit or mounted it on a command junk and crewed
it with indigs because we were there to Advise after all not win the fukking
war for them, plus they had their own weapons---mostly one issue behind ours,
things could get interesting quick...and that damn mine field covering our
outpost----the french had laid mine's, the Viet Min had moved them..We laid
mines, the South Vietmanese laid mines and VC laid mines...nobody knew where
the fukking mines were anymore cuz over the years people had been transfered on
our side or killed on both sides and maps lost or misplaced...fuk if I wanted
to go to the village next to our outpost, I took a boat or swam...ya cuddn't
walk anywhere outside the outpost...we never got overan though
15 had brought the Marines down and cleared lanes thru the old minefields, they
got overan---see we didn't operate like most of the military over there, went
out to our JFT and didn't come back in till R&R or our tour was over...Didn't
floating PBR bases like the PBRS we stayed out with the Vietmanese where ever
they happened to be, usuallyn in the boondocks or some small fortified river
village...It was considered hardship duty so MACV and the Navy gave us anything
we asked for...Ya git used to living on the fringe most of us didn't consider
it a hardship...we had a lot of freedom to operate the regular military didn't
have and few to none of their chicken rules. ;)P

Darren G

Sep 29, 2003, 12:17:17 PM9/29/03
cgilb...@aol.com (chuck) wrote in message news:<20030929022202...@mb-m05.aol.com>...
> >Subject: Re: Hey tree
> >From: zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G)
> >Date: 9/29/03 2:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time
> >

> When I ran into you guys in central asia, you looked spiffy in your shorts and
> camo.
> I offered Russian camo in exchange for Ausi kit, the answer was no.

Jesus, Chuck, when was that? I dont remember ever having a summer
uniform with shorts, and shorts were definitely not part of the
official operations gear in my time. Rolling your sleeves up used to
be a chargeable offence in the bush and still would be. On the other
hand we used to modify our gear a fair bit for common sense purposes
and the heads would turn a blind eye if they approved. Maybe that was
what was going on?

Blues

Darren G

Capt. hook

Sep 29, 2003, 1:05:07 PM9/29/03
>When I ran into you guys in central asia, >you looked spiffy in your shorts
>and camo.

>Jesus, Chuck, when was that? I dont >remember ever having a summer

>uniform with shorts, and shorts were >definitely not part of the
>official operations gear in my time

>Rolling your sleeves up used to
>be a chargeable offence in the bush and >still would be. On the other hand we
used >to modify our gear a fair bit

The aussie advisors I saw wore some kind of hot worsted shit or heavy
duck...looked
british to me had their sleves rolled up to the elbows though..our gear varried
from
311 camo, tiger stripes...cut off's, tee and flack or tee and special ammo vest
jungle boots, tennis shoes or black PJ's and VC flip flops it just depended on
what we were doing at the time, the Ozzie Sgt's definately made us look un
military in dress though...I think they had two standards, one for the bush and
one for
their outpost...the buggers wore their rank insignia something we rarelly did
unless it was a formal mess occasion and then we were likely as not to have
American dungaree's or Vietmanese uniforms on
cuz all of our Class A dress had been stored far away in seabags for the
duration. When I collected mine to come back, My whites were yellow and moldy
At the NCR longbeach where I processed out you could tell the ones that came
out of nam by how fulled up their dress uniforms were...No amount of dry
cleaning
cud straighten that kinda grunge out..everybody had a bad attitude and wasn't
buying new issue just to process out...seems to me we scored some civilian
cloths at the base exchange or somewhere cuz I remember going on liberty in
civilian cloths while waiting to process out... The Marine gate guards were
pretty lenient We were just too ashamed to wear nasty old dress uniforms on the
beach is all...gitting out was sorta
disorginized back then cuz many were bailing, the receiving station was jammed
with guys coming back from shit duty and gitting out ;-o

Capt. hook

Sep 29, 2003, 1:09:22 PM9/29/03
>(Darren G)
>David Ferree
> Have you ever considered trying to get a >job on Hilary
>Clinton's campaign staff?

might be safer to go to Iraq kid, she strikes me as another Janet Reno type,
prolly keeps a 12 inch dildo in her purse for young guys like yawl <eg>

Message has been deleted

Tom B

Sep 29, 2003, 3:32:26 PM9/29/03

"Darren G" <zippyf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Rolling your sleeves up used to
> be a chargeable offence in the bush and still would be.

Why worry about that. You will have at least 30 minutes to get
properly dressed, till the UN gives permission for you to return fire
anyway. :)

Tom B

SkydiverRick

Sep 29, 2003, 5:59:05 PM9/29/03

It'll take longer than that just to vote on it.

Capt. hook

Sep 29, 2003, 6:53:34 PM9/29/03
>> Rolling your sleeves up used to
>>be a chargeable offence in the bush >>and still would be.
>>
>> Why worry about that. You will have at >>least 30 minutes to get
>> properly dressed, till the UN gives >>permission for you to return fire
>> anyway. :)
>>
>> Tom B
>
>It'll take longer than that just to vote on it.

ROFL sounds like the Dutch Navy, their Marines looked pretty spiffy with them
pony tails also! ;)P

Peter Lucas

Sep 29, 2003, 8:15:05 PM9/29/03
zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said in the newsgroup.......

> cgilb...@aol.com (chuck) wrote in message
>> >Subject: Re: Hey tree
>> >From: zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G)
>> >Date: 9/29/03 2:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>> >

>> When I ran into you guys in central asia, you looked spiffy in your
>> shorts and camo.
>> I offered Russian camo in exchange for Ausi kit, the answer was no.
>
> Jesus, Chuck, when was that? I dont remember ever having a summer
> uniform with shorts, and shorts were definitely not part of the
> official operations gear in my time.

Not for Grunts they aren't :-)

Now..... if you were a SuperGrunt, you'd have some ;-)

--
Peter Lucas * In a world in which we are all *
Brisbane * slaves to the laws of gravity, *

Peter Lucas

Sep 29, 2003, 8:16:46 PM9/29/03
zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said in the newsgroup.......

> On exercises, after a contact we used to radio in that we'd used far
> more mg ammo than we actually had. Each rifleman only had 120 rounds
> per rifle to start with on exercises so getting a bigger resupply
> meant we never faced the problem of running out. We'd just break up
> the belts to whoever wanted them.

You were obviously a Grunt, Darren.... who with?

David Ferree

Sep 29, 2003, 8:24:11 PM9/29/03
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:16:46 GMT, Peter Lucas <sky...@gil.com.au>
wrote:

>zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said in the newsgroup.......
>

>> On exercises, after a contact we used to radio in that we'd used far
>> more mg ammo than we actually had. Each rifleman only had 120 rounds
>> per rifle to start with on exercises so getting a bigger resupply
>> meant we never faced the problem of running out. We'd just break up
>> the belts to whoever wanted them.
>
>You were obviously a Grunt, Darren.... who with?

Hmm, reminds me of a limerick that goes something like: "Here I sit,
my ass a flexin, giving birth to a big Australian." Grunt grunt.

David

Peter Lucas

Sep 29, 2003, 8:29:36 PM9/29/03
David Ferree <david...@aol.com> said in the newsgroup.......

You're certainly living up to your 'nick' of Septic Tanks!! (ie, you're full
of shit ;-)

David Ferree

Sep 29, 2003, 10:18:30 PM9/29/03
On 29 Sep 2003 09:03:19 -0700, zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G)
wrote:

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I'd hold off on the Valium if I
were you though, you seem to have enough trouble keeping up as it is.

Ha ha ha ha, fucking dumbass. You can't even read a simple question.
Nope, sorry, no dice. Try again?

David

David Ferree

Sep 29, 2003, 10:19:05 PM9/29/03

No no, Darren already said the answer to everything is a UN
resolution, so it must be so. :-)

David

Tom B

Sep 29, 2003, 10:42:41 PM9/29/03

"Darren G" <zippyf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Neither, thanks to the excellent leadership of our great
President,
> > George W. Bush, and the backing he has from the American people in
> > spite of little pussy boy whiners like you.

> The beauty of the current situation is that I dont have to bother
> debating Iraq anymore. Its got a way to go and Im pretty sure its
all
> gonna play out more or less how I expect.

Well Darren, Most of us have a damn good track record explaining our
views after the things happen. Would you share your views of the
future please? Just what do you expect?

> When alls said and done, George is a pretty useless fellow and the
> world doesnt like him or his various idealogical games - especially
> since he's made the world a far more dangerous place.

Well I am sure he is a bit frightning, comparred to recent Presidents
that had to send out for a poll before making decision. It really is
simple. This president has a strength of will beyond most, and right
or wrong, does what he says he will do. Betting against that is not a
good plan.

> Since, apart from natural causes, the only way to remove a US
> president is via the bullet or the ballot - and, unlike our hopeless
> little Israeli friends, the civilised world eschews killing
presidents
> - that means George's method of execution will be via the ballot.

I hope he does come to your area. That statement alone is enough to
have a long discussion with your local police, as well as the Secret
Service.

What
> does that mean in practice David? Well, it means youre on your own
in
> Iraq until its too late for George. He's gonna be left swinging in
the
> breeze. And since George has lost the initative over Iraq, all the

> rest of the world has to do is wait and he'll be starved out. Of
> course that means economic chaos and more bodybags for you guys
unless
> George wakes up in time but I really cant see old George cottoning
on.

How long did it take to reach agreement on the US constiution?
Creating a working goverment takes time. Especially when you don't
want the previous people involved..

> BTW if youre thinking of accusing me of being happy about whats
> happening at the moment, think again. George and his pack of clowns
> started this, not anybody else.

I am not going to say George didn't have a big role in these events.
But in the end, Sadam caused this. Had he not gone down the path he
chose, we would have remained supporters of him. It took 15 years to
get here. The last three presidents ordered attacks on Iraq. This was
a lot bigger than Bush.

Tom B

> Darren G

Tom B

Sep 29, 2003, 10:48:21 PM9/29/03
"Peter Lucas" <sky...@gil.com.au> wrote in message

> >> When I ran into you guys in central asia, you looked spiffy in
your
> >> shorts and camo.
> >> I offered Russian camo in exchange for Ausi kit, the answer was
no.

> > Jesus, Chuck, when was that? I dont remember ever having a summer
> > uniform with shorts, and shorts were definitely not part of the
> > official operations gear in my time.
>

> Not for Grunts they aren't :-)
>
> Now..... if you were a SuperGrunt, you'd have some ;-)

Peter, those were not grunts or supergrunts, they were women in
skirts. You obviously have been away far to long. :)

Tom B

David Ferree

Sep 29, 2003, 10:48:33 PM9/29/03
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:29:36 GMT, Peter Lucas <sky...@gil.com.au>
wrote:

>David Ferree <david...@aol.com> said in the newsgroup.......
>
>> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:16:46 GMT, Peter Lucas <sky...@gil.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said in the newsgroup.......

>>>You were obviously a Grunt, Darren.... who with?
>>
>> Hmm, reminds me of a limerick that goes something like: "Here I sit,
>> my ass a flexin, giving birth to a big Australian." Grunt grunt.
>
>You're certainly living up to your 'nick' of Septic Tanks!! (ie, you're full
>of shit ;-)

I'll give you my address if you'll promise to send me some of what you
guys are smoking down there. :-)

JimBo

Sep 29, 2003, 10:49:41 PM9/29/03
>Subject: Re: Hey tree
>From: "Tom B" d16...@aol.com

> This was
>a lot bigger than Bush.
>

>TommyKdink

theres nothing wrong with a big bush.

Jim D-10154
funjumper ...retired hoe
Man small... why fall ? Skies call... thats all.

Joe Walther

Sep 29, 2003, 11:23:01 PM9/29/03

"Tom B" <d16...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > When alls said and done, George is a pretty useless fellow and the
> > world doesnt like him or his various idealogical games - especially
> > since he's made the world a far more dangerous place.
>
> Well I am sure he is a bit frightning, comparred to recent Presidents
> that had to send out for a poll before making decision. It really is
> simple. This president has a strength of will beyond most, and right
> or wrong, does what he says he will do. Betting against that is not a
> good plan.

Walther responds...

"Errabundi saepe, semper certi. Translation: "Often wrong, but always
certain."

This pretty much describes this president. Like it or not, US Presidents
need an internal coalition in order to succeed. This one has none and if
this economy does not pick up before the next general election, he will be
history. It doesn't make him a bad person no more than disagreeing with his
policies makes his detractors bad people. I don't think that George Bush was
wrong in going into Iraq. However, I do disagree with the way it was done.

I think that this president is one of our weaker ones. This has nothing to
do with his morals. Strong morals, good or whatever, are useless if you
can't get people to work with you. This one is having a hard time getting
consistency within his own White House.

> > Since, apart from natural causes, the only way to remove a US
> > president is via the bullet or the ballot - and, unlike our hopeless
> > little Israeli friends, the civilised world eschews killing
> presidents
> > - that means George's method of execution will be via the ballot.
>
> I hope he does come to your area. That statement alone is enough to
> have a long discussion with your local police, as well as the Secret
> Service.

Walther responds...

I've read the above over and over and I cannot see where it would get anyone
a discussion with the local police or Secret Service. Please explain why you
think so.

Capt. hook

Sep 29, 2003, 11:24:19 PM9/29/03
To bad we didn't make a clean sweep of the middle east...that way you, noelle
and the UN cudda got all mad and whiney just once and got it over with...
now every time the US go's back to kick someone elses ass we gotta listen to
all this sissy ass yowling o~;->

Capt. hook

Sep 29, 2003, 11:33:37 PM9/29/03
>When alls said and done, George is a >pretty useless fellow and the
>world doesnt like him or his various >idealogical games - especially
>since he's made the world a far more >dangerous place.

His economic policy is a failure so far but he did well with 9/11, Iraq and the
double dealers in the UN imho...a man of resolve...the right man at the right
time..he's got till 2004 to bring the economy up...I was gitting tired of weak
presidents anyway
I kinda like them just to the right of Atilla the Hun on foreign policy o~;->

David Ferree

Sep 29, 2003, 11:34:19 PM9/29/03
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:23:01 -0400, "Joe Walther"
<jlwal...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Tom B" <d16...@aol.com> wrote in message
>>

>> > When alls said and done, George is a pretty useless fellow and the
>> > world doesnt like him or his various idealogical games - especially
>> > since he's made the world a far more dangerous place.
>>
>> Well I am sure he is a bit frightning, comparred to recent Presidents
>> that had to send out for a poll before making decision. It really is
>> simple. This president has a strength of will beyond most, and right
>> or wrong, does what he says he will do. Betting against that is not a
>> good plan.
>
>Walther responds...
>
>"Errabundi saepe, semper certi. Translation: "Often wrong, but always
>certain."
>
>This pretty much describes this president. Like it or not, US Presidents
>need an internal coalition in order to succeed. This one has none and if
>this economy does not pick up before the next general election, he will be
>history. It doesn't make him a bad person no more than disagreeing with his
>policies makes his detractors bad people. I don't think that George Bush was
>wrong in going into Iraq. However, I do disagree with the way it was done.

How much picking up do you need the economy to do, Joe? Enough for
the pundits at CNN to start singing his praises?

>I think that this president is one of our weaker ones. This has nothing to
>do with his morals. Strong morals, good or whatever, are useless if you
>can't get people to work with you. This one is having a hard time getting
>consistency within his own White House.

No he isn't. About as close the opposite of that as can be, actually.

>> > Since, apart from natural causes, the only way to remove a US
>> > president is via the bullet or the ballot - and, unlike our hopeless
>> > little Israeli friends, the civilised world eschews killing
>> presidents
>> > - that means George's method of execution will be via the ballot.
>>
>> I hope he does come to your area. That statement alone is enough to
>> have a long discussion with your local police, as well as the Secret
>> Service.
>

>Walther responds...
>
>I've read the above over and over and I cannot see where it would get anyone
>a discussion with the local police or Secret Service. Please explain why you
>think so.

Not hard to see why you couldn't make it as a lawyer.

David

David Ferree

Sep 29, 2003, 11:39:11 PM9/29/03
On 30 Sep 2003 03:33:37 GMT, to...@aol.com (Capt. hook) wrote:

>>When alls said and done, George is a >pretty useless fellow and the
>>world doesnt like him or his various >idealogical games - especially
>>since he's made the world a far more >dangerous place.
>
>His economic policy is a failure so far

No it isn't.

Peter Lucas

Sep 29, 2003, 11:42:18 PM9/29/03
David Ferree <david...@aol.com> said in the newsgroup.......

We don't *need* no stinkin' drugs!! :-)

Drugs are for people who can't handle reality :-)

Capt. hook

Sep 29, 2003, 11:42:13 PM9/29/03
>His economic policy is a failure so far
>
>No it isn't.

we will see...if the economy doesn't rebound by 2004 Bush is history imho ;)P

Tom B

Sep 29, 2003, 11:48:12 PM9/29/03

"Darren G" <zippyf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Losing it a bit there, David. My, my, time for a valium.
> For the record? Hand over military command to a UN force, preferably
> under a British or Australian commander.

You have to be fucking joking? Turn this over to the UN? The last
major action the UN accepted, they could not make a decision on what
to do, while a few men with small arms were taking over the group's
heavy weapons, as they sat and waited for UN instructions.

> get US forces reduced and rotated.ON TIME.

uh... Darren, you said once that you were in the military. Well the
one I was in decided where I went and when. If I didn't like it, at
the end of my enlistment, I could leave. What part of that process do
you not understand.

Get rid of the military police. This is a war, not a fucking
> episode of Miami Law in Iraq. MPs are good for directing traffic and
> making sure the barmen in the officers' mess dont nick the silver.
> Useless for a war.
>

> Darren G

Well Darren, if that is your view of your nation's MP's, that is a
shame. I found ours quite competent. You have mentioned you view of
the US soldiers, and of course that yours are much better. But when
was the last time your army engaged a large reasonably equipped force
3 times your size, and won? But let's start with the basics. At
present, I disagree with your assessment that we are in a war.
Remember what happened during the war. If the President felt we were
in a war, you would see air attacks and M1's firing in downtown
Baghdad. There are groups of people out shooting and blowing things
up, but a significant number of them are not citizens of Iraq. I
don't know how to describe the present situation, but it is not war
and it is not piece, civil unrest comes to mind but it is a bit weak
as well. Police action is it I think.

Second, on the field of combat, the occupying force is required to
maintain a policing force, to protect people of all groups as soon as
the military situation allows. Despite your views of MP's, they are
the forces trained exactly for this situation. Regular soldiers have
absolutely no training in law enforcement. BTW, a large number of the
MP's deployed are reservists who are policemen in civilian life. One
of the greatest needs for MP's is to handle POW's, permitting soldiers
to return to the battle line.

For history's sake, note that the MP force was established to cover
exactly the kind of situation in Iraq.

Tom B

Message has been deleted

Tom B

Sep 29, 2003, 11:53:58 PM9/29/03

"JimBo" <sb...@aol.comnooospam> wrote in message

Your girlfriends are your business Jim. But I was a little surprised
to see the one with all the facial hair and the knot in her throat.

Tom B

Capt. hook

Sep 29, 2003, 11:55:13 PM9/29/03
>Each rifleman only had 120 rounds
>per rifle

>You were obviously a Grunt, Darren.... >who with?
>skyscum

With an outfit that liked to carry a light combat load it appears to me...its
been my experiance ya ain't never got enuff ammo or water when all hell breaks
loose.
Shit like that goes fast if you plan on taking or holding the
initiative...small elements need to fire and manuver like a buzz saw or get eat
alive. ;)P

Joe Walther

Sep 30, 2003, 12:05:14 AM9/30/03

"Tom B" <d16...@aol.com> wrote in message

Walther responds...

That was Snuffy!

Walther

LORD OF THE SKY

Sep 29, 2003, 11:36:39 PM9/29/03

"Tom B" <d16...@aol.com> wrote in message

> How long did it take to reach agreement on the US constiution?

Hey Tom,
I have an Idea!
Instead of spending another six months on wording a constitution for the
Iraqis' ,
Why don't we just give them Ours?
It's a pretty good one... And we aren't using it anymore!!!!!

"Treetop" a.k.a. LORD OF THE SKY

Peter Lucas

Sep 30, 2003, 12:03:34 AM9/30/03
to...@aol.com (Capt. hook) said in the newsgroup.......

Our combat patrols are always in range of artillery or mortar support. And
we're taught to make every shot count...... not stick your weapon around a
corner/above your head out of a trench and blast away with a full mag just
for the hell of it to see if you hit something.

But then again..... for the last part of my career, I was in a shoot 'n scoot
Regiment :-)
It's only in the last couple of years the lucky bastards have been 'allowed'
to go on hunter/killer patrols........ Bugger!! :-/

Message has been deleted

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 12:13:01 AM9/30/03
>we will see...if the economy doesn't >rebound by 2004 Bush is history imho ;)P

>With the possible resumption of the >draft, youthful unemployment is bound to
>drop.........LOL Don't worry Don, it >won't hurt your business. There will
>still be illegal aliens in the construction >industry.

Tree dosn't trust the Gov't and he see's Bush as the Gov't...The president is
just the Executive arm of the Gov't...ya really artta spread it around don and
send the Congress and the courts a fuk you note. ;-)

SkydiverRick

Sep 30, 2003, 12:25:11 AM9/30/03

That's why the democrats fought the tax cuts. They were afraid that the
economy would improve.

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 12:27:44 AM9/30/03
> How long did it take to reach agreement >on the US constiution?
>
>Hey Tom,
>I have an Idea!
> Instead of spending another six months >on wording a constitution for the
>Iraqis' ,
>Why don't we just give them
>Ours?
>It's a pretty good one.

Its said Uncle ho admired it.

> It's a pretty good one... And we aren't using it anymore!!!!!
>
> "Treetop"

sayyy are yew one of them militia men
fellows? We wuz planning on hanging some from just across Hardin county line,
they got a training camp over there but the Feds watch them too close for us to
snatch one ;)P

Tom B

Sep 30, 2003, 12:29:53 AM9/30/03

"Joe Walther" <jlwal...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Tom B" <d16...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Since, apart from natural causes, the only way to remove a US
> > > president is via the bullet or the ballot - and, unlike our
hopeless
> > > little Israeli friends, the civilised world eschews killing
> > presidents
> > > - that means George's method of execution will be via the
ballot.

> > I hope he does come to your area. That statement alone is enough
> > have a long discussion with your local police, as well as the
Secret
> > Service.
>
> Walther responds...
>
> I've read the above over and over and I cannot see where it would
get anyone
> a discussion with the local police or Secret Service. Please explain
why you
> think so.

Well for starters that was supposed to have been "I hope he does not
NOT come to your area. I appologise for that slip.

Now for you question Joe, simply by writing that note he may have gone
onto the Secret Service's concern list. I don't feel he intended any
threat to the President, but the Secret Service wants to err on the
conservative side. With the current concerns, the Secret Service and
local agencys are attempting to simply chat with every one that has
made public, email, forums, or any kind of association of hazards and
and the President. With the goal of seperating the majority of people
that just had a common discussion, from those that represent true
threats. They have maintained that list for many Presidents, but I
think that in today's environment they are adding a lot of names to
it. Just consider a list made by Ashcroft and you will get the idea.

Tom B

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 1:03:02 AM9/30/03
>With an outfit that liked to carry a light >>combat load it appears to
>> me...its been my experiance ya ain't >>never got enuff ammo or water when
>> all hell breaks loose. small elements >>need to fire and manuver like a buzz

>>saw or get eat alive.

>I was in a shoot 'n scoot
>Regiment

thats what I would call in force...we were small elements rarelly more than 18
men sometimes as few as 6 and not all Americans...a Regiment? No wonder yawl
cuddn't roll your sleves up hahahaha ;)P

Peter Lucas

Sep 30, 2003, 1:15:58 AM9/30/03
to...@aol.com (Capt. hook) said in the newsgroup.......

How'd I know I'd have to draw little pictures in the sand for some ol' hairy
assed navy dude?? :-)

When I was there, the Regiments policy was to shoot 'n scoot. We were
primarily recon, we weren't there to stand and fight.

Our patrols consisted of 4....... at *all* times :-)
(And they still do :-)

*And* every soldier in the Australian Infantry (in particular) is cross-
trained. So if our section gunner gets taken out, one of the team takes his
place and does his job. Unlike the US army where they all sit down with their
thumbs up their ass and wait for a replacement to come in by chopper 'cause
no-one else knows how to use the gun!!

Peter

Sep 30, 2003, 1:42:10 AM9/30/03
In article <Xns94069B927D0B6G...@127.0.0.1>,
sky...@gil.com.au says...

> to...@aol.com (Capt. hook) said in the newsgroup.......
>
> >>With an outfit that liked to carry a light >>combat load it appears to
> >
> >>I was in a shoot 'n scoot
> >>Regiment
> >
> > thats what I would call in force...we were small elements rarelly more
> > than 18 men sometimes as few as 6 and not all Americans...a Regiment? No
> > wonder yawl cuddn't roll your sleves up hahahaha ;)P
>
> How'd I know I'd have to draw little pictures in the sand for some ol' hairy
> assed navy dude?? :-)
>
> When I was there, the Regiments policy was to shoot 'n scoot. We were
> primarily recon, we weren't there to stand and fight.

Wasn't that in a training environment?

> Our patrols consisted of 4....... at *all* times :-)
> (And they still do :-)

Insert mandatory reference to fingers and thumbs here.

> *And* every soldier in the Australian Infantry (in particular) is cross-
> trained. So if our section gunner gets taken out, one of the team takes his
> place and does his job. Unlike the US army where they all sit down with their
> thumbs up their ass and wait for a replacement to come in by chopper 'cause
> no-one else knows how to use the gun!!

Just point it at the enemy and pull the trigger. If it stops working, reef
back on the cocking handle.

Pete, giving the condensed version

Joe Walther

Sep 30, 2003, 1:45:39 AM9/30/03

> Now for you question Joe, simply by writing that note he may have gone
> onto the Secret Service's concern list. I don't feel he intended any
> threat to the President, but the Secret Service wants to err on the
> conservative side. With the current concerns, the Secret Service and
> local agencys are attempting to simply chat with every one that has
> made public, email, forums, or any kind of association of hazards and
> and the President. With the goal of seperating the majority of people
> that just had a common discussion, from those that represent true
> threats. They have maintained that list for many Presidents, but I
> think that in today's environment they are adding a lot of names to
> it. Just consider a list made by Ashcroft and you will get the idea.

Walther responds...

No way, Tom. There is not one comment in his statement that would arouse the
Secret Service because there is nothing in there that is threatening.

Here is what he said...

"Since, apart from natural causes, the only way to remove a US president is
via the bullet or the ballot - and, unlike our hopeless little Israeli
friends, the civilised world eschews killing presidents - that means
George's method of execution will be via the ballot."

There is no threat in this. I have seen way worse than this in some
legitimate Op/Ed pages in some of the more liberal of news papers. Darren
was wrong, at least in the technical sense, though. There is a third way to
remove a US president and that is via impeachment. However, this is not
really all that practical and most certainly not very probable, to say the
least.

Now, he goes on to say that this leaves just the two methods, a bullet or
ballot. More than one president has been removed via the bullet. This is a
simple fact. He then proceeds to explain the statement by stating that the
civilized world eschews such killings and that George's method of execution
(removal from office) will be via the ballot.

I don't know, at this juncture, if George will be defeated or reelected.
It's way too early to tell. His approval ratings are down but I wouldn't
read too much into this. Regan's were even lower at the same point in his
first term. However, given the circumstances that George is facing and the
real possibility of an economy in the crapper 8 or 9 months from now, it
becomes anyone's guess what happens to George.

Finally, I believe that Darren is an Australian citizen, living in
Australia. I also believe that he is a lawyer down there. I may well be
wrong and be thinking of the wrong individual. If I am correct and IF
Australia has not become part of the United States, I think he is pretty
safe from harassment.

The Secret Service consists of a pretty competent, dedicated group of
people. They're pretty sharp in all ways, including intellectual
capabilities. I doubt they would waste any time on this.

Walther

LORD OF THE SKY

Sep 30, 2003, 1:36:03 AM9/30/03

> Your leader, Mr. Clinton is the guy who said that our constitution was
> obsolete.

First off, Chuck,let me assure you I despise both president Clintons.
Secondly, Ashcroft is the guy fighting tooth and nail to make our
Constitution "obsolete".

"Treetop" a.k.a. LORD OF THE SKY

> Pay more attention in your next Clintonista
> class Don!

Tom B

Sep 30, 2003, 2:48:15 AM9/30/03

> Walther responds...
>
> No way, Tom. There is not one comment in his statement that would
arouse the
> Secret Service because there is nothing in there that is
threatening.

Well everybody has their opinions. I used to work that detail, and
have friends that still do. I said in the note that what he wrote was
not an overt threat. But making any connection of the president and
deadly methods of removing him from office could get you on the list.
The list is sorted by the degree of threat, and they obviosly work
fcrom the worst down. They don't look at his action as just a single
activity, but to the extent manpower is available the look deeper.
After all your earlier concern about Ashcroft et al, and the degree
the actions have undermined liberty, it surprises me that you don't
belive such is possible by other enforcement agencies.

> Here is what he said...
>
> "Since, apart from natural causes, the only way to remove a US
president is
> via the bullet or the ballot - and, unlike our hopeless little
Israeli
> friends, the civilised world eschews killing presidents - that means
> George's method of execution will be via the ballot."
>
> There is no threat in this. I have seen way worse than this in some
> legitimate Op/Ed pages in some of the more liberal of news papers.
Darren
> was wrong, at least in the technical sense, though. There is a third
way to
> remove a US president and that is via impeachment. However, this is
not
> really all that practical and most certainly not very probable, to
say the
> least.

I am glad you brought the op/ed pages up. You made me remember that
earlier in the year, the Secret Service was totally up in arms about a
political cartoon. It was syndicated in many newspapers. The
cartoonest was undoubtly investigated, and they wanted him fired.
Despite your stated view, the Secret Service was upset with the
cartroon product of liberal newspapers. I personally thought that case
was about the same threat as Darrin's comments, which is to say almost
none. But something cranked up the Secret Service much like the
examples you cite to show my view will not happen.. Any reasonable
person could have seen it was humor or sarcastic humor. Not the Secret
Service. Their job is to protect the president, and take vertually any
means to do so. Finally you are applying reasonable or commant
standards. Many of the threats are people that are mentally ill, and
behave in far from a reasonable manner. At times I thought they were
more sane than some of the agents on the detail.

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 6:56:52 AM9/30/03
>"Joe Walther"

>Since, apart from natural causes, the >only way to remove a US
>president is via the bullet or the ballot

> I hope he does come to your area. That >statement alone is enough

>to have a long discussion with your local >police, as well as the Secret
Service.

>Walther responds...
>>
>I've read the above over and over and I >cannot see where it would get anyone
>a discussion with the local police or >Secret Service. Please explain
>why you think so.

Yowee cuz were Americans and sensative
to Terroristic suggestions is why ;)P

ynotssor

Sep 30, 2003, 7:33:07 AM9/30/03
"Capt. hook" <to...@aol.com> quoted and wrote in message

>> I've read the above over and over and I cannot see where it would
>> get anyone a discussion with the local police or Secret Service.
>> Please explain why you think so.
>
> Yowee cuz were Americans and sensative to Terroristic suggestions
> is why ;)P

Two families move from Pakistan to America. When they arrive, the fathers
make each other a bet -- in a year's time, whichever family has become more
American will win.

A year later when they meet again, the first guy says, "My son's playing
baseball, I had McDonald's for breakfast and I'm on my way to pick up a case
of Bud for the football game tonight. How about you?"

The second guy says, "Fuck you, towel-head!"

--
use hotmail com for any email replies

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 7:39:48 AM9/30/03
>With an outfit that liked to carry a light >combat load it appears to me. its

been >my experiance ya ain't never got enuff >ammo or water

>I was in a shoot 'n scoot Regiment

no wonder you couldn't roll your sleeves up with a Regiment's compliment of
officers and chicken rules around...yawl are so british heh

>How'd I know I'd have to draw little >pictures in the sand for some ol' hairy
>assed navy dude?

>When I was there, the Regiments policy >was to shoot 'n scoot.

I believe thats called retreat, shot your one bullet up and bugged out huh
Barney Fife?

>every soldier in the Australian Infantry (in >particular) is cross- trained.
So if our >section gunner gets taken out, one of the >team takes his place and
does his job. >Unlike the US army where they all sit >down with their thumbs up
their ass
>and wait for a replacement to come in by >chopper 'cause no-one else knows
how >to use the gun!!

Watch out or old Tommydink might git upset, remarks like that don't bother Navy
vets atall...and just how complicated can a fukking Bren gun from WWII be?
Besides that you got it backwards the Army guys from my era wudda rode the
helecopter out
HAHAHAHAHA shit wayyyyy funny

>We were primarily recon, we weren't >there to stand and fight.

We wern't if we got off the river junks it was to destroy something like an
offending bunker...I think they built the sumbitchs
so far back from the river just to make us git off and walk...the cheeky
bastards set
a wall tent and up one time at the far extent of our patrol line and we set it
on fire firing willie peter from the boat.
So they countered by putting up a volley
ball net before we got that far up again---sending us a message I'm thinking,
we were constantly playing head games with
each other...I was beginning to think they were sailors..ya just had to admire
their
tenacity and fuk you attitude sometimes

Darren G

Sep 30, 2003, 8:03:45 AM9/30/03
> [...]
> President, George W. Bush, as opposed entirely to the situation we had
> while the nice communists Bill and Hilary Clinton were running things
> (kind of).
>
> But here's an idea for you, Darren, why don't you tell us what you
> would do? Go ahead, dazzle us with your brilliance, since you're so
> much smarter than the President of the United States that you just
> can't help but let disrespectful school yard taunts roll off your
> little lily livered pussy boy whiner tongue. Why don't you tell us
> about how you would have gotten the full support and backing of the
> UN? Go turn on CNN, come back, and report. Be careful though,
> they're just saying "we should have" done it, not saying how. Since
> you're so smart, why don't you tell us how? Who knows, maybe Hilary
> will read your post and be the next President, then you'll be truly

Like I said, David, I dont need to debate this. All I have to do is
sit and watch, which is what most of the rest of the world is going to
do while having "meaningful" discussions about what they'd like to
do... next week. Then I'll get back to you and ask why this mess is
continuing and why your country's economy is going down the toilet.

I dont see any taunts in the posts that you are responding to. Nor are
there any in my other posts on this subject. My comments about Bush
are based entirely on facts, backed with a bit of knowledge and
experience relating to the debacle your president has run your country
into.

A little while ago you were just content to hurl short meaningless
invective. Now you know thats not enough, so you have to at least try
and address my points, although youre doing a pretty bad job at that
(while still throwing the invective). Obviously you cant address the
points that Im making.

I would have done a lot of things different to what has been done by
your guys in Iraq. The list would make a small book. But I'll say this
again: your military (with the possible exception of General Abizaid)
doesnt know how to fight this war. It needs help and it needs to get
itself the fuck out of the firing line because its only making things
worse.

A resolution on Iraq would be easy for your president to get if he had
the courage to confess he made a mistake. But your president is not a
courageous man. He'll let young boys americans die - and let the
opportunity to do the job right slip out of his fingers - because he
doesnt have the necessary courage. Ive already pointed out the man's
track record, which you havent denied. What a damned disgrace though -
young men dying to save the face of a coward. Worse still, your
president;s gutlessness is just delaying the inevitable entry of UN
forces, so your young fellows are gonna keep dying a bit longer.

For the record, Ive never taken acid or any other illegal drug, I dont
smoke (although I have been known to inhale the ocassion sidestream).
I dont have cable tv and I dont watch CNN. Any other crap you wanna
come up with Dave?

Blues

Darren G

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 8:04:26 AM9/30/03
>I was in a shoot 'n scoot
>Regiment

> thats what I would call in force...we were >small elements

> We were primarily recon, we weren't >there to stand and fight.

fuk that...didn't that require walking?
My idea of recon was a set of 10X50's
from the deck...If I cud see it it was gonna
git blown up or fried...if I cuddn't see it it was the Marine or Armys problem,
not ours.

>*And* every soldier in the Australian >Infantry (in particular) is

cross-trained. >So if our section gunner gets taken out, >one of the team takes

his place and >does his job. Unlike the US army where >they all sit down with
their
>thumbs up their ass and wait for a >replacement to come in by chopper

I don't think they did that unless they were waiting for a ride out...seems to
me the army worked its machine gunners as crews...hell even in the old days a
BAR
man had an assistant gunner along, to hump ammo if nothing else.

>Just point it at the enemy and pull the >trigger. If it stops working, reef
>back on the cocking handle.
>
>Pete, giving the condensed version

his Regiment only carried a 120 round
issue and wern't allowed to roll their sleves up...they mussta been guarding
Brisbane, guess they planned on throwing stubbies when they ran out of ammo ;->

Darren G

Sep 30, 2003, 8:12:00 AM9/30/03
Peter Lucas <sky...@gil.com.au> wrote in message news:<Xns940668D9489C9G...@127.0.0.1>...

> zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said in the newsgroup.......
>

> > On exercises, after a contact we used to radio in that we'd used far
> > more mg ammo than we actually had. Each rifleman only had 120 rounds
> > per rifle to start with on exercises so getting a bigger resupply
> > meant we never faced the problem of running out. We'd just break up
> > the belts to whoever wanted them.
>
> You were obviously a Grunt, Darren.... who with?

6RAR and other places! :)

Blues

Darren G

Darren G

Sep 30, 2003, 8:13:23 AM9/30/03
David Ferree <david...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<a0jhnv4nv3gm43oma...@4ax.com>...

> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:16:46 GMT, Peter Lucas <sky...@gil.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said in the newsgroup.......
> >

> >> On exercises, after a contact we used to radio in that we'd used far
> >> more mg ammo than we actually had. Each rifleman only had 120 rounds
> >> per rifle to start with on exercises so getting a bigger resupply
> >> meant we never faced the problem of running out. We'd just break up
> >> the belts to whoever wanted them.
> >
> >You were obviously a Grunt, Darren.... who with?
>
> Hmm, reminds me of a limerick that goes something like: "Here I sit,
> my ass a flexin, giving birth to a big Australian." Grunt grunt.
>
> David

Well, in your case Dave, we'd definitely fit.

Blues

Darren G

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 8:21:13 AM9/30/03
>Walther responds...
>No way, Tom. There is not one comment >in his statement that would arouse the
>Secret Service "Since, apart from natural >causes, the only way to remove a
US >president is via the bullet or the ballot >There is no threat in this.

Well it upsets law abiding citizens like me,
I didn't vote for bush but the president is the president and I always back the
one in office...Specially when he don't take no shit off the ferrin peckerheds

>Finally, I believe that Darren is an >Australian citizen, living in Australia.

One of their PM's got ett by a Great White
so they have a third option on gitting rid of
people they didn't vote for.

>The Secret Service consists of a pretty >competent, dedicated group of
>people. They're pretty sharp in all ways, >including intellectual
capabilities. I doubt >they would waste any time on this.

yuh....they artta be down in Georgia looking for don, I don't think he likes
George Jr. nor has he been taking his
lithium lately ;-)

Darren G

Sep 30, 2003, 8:34:12 AM9/30/03
to...@aol.com (Capt. hook) wrote in message news:<20030929235513...@mb-m20.aol.com>...

What Peter said in his post is correct, Snuff'. Strictly aimed shots
only. Also, I think the ammo limit only applied to blanks on
exercises, which is why we were always trying to get around the rules.
Live ammo and certain other things had different rules.

Blues

Darren G

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 8:36:58 AM9/30/03
>Have you ever considered trying to get a >job at CNN or on Hilary Clinton's
>campaign staff? You would fit right in.

Are Australians allowed to work in the US without a green card?

>Bush bashing (like you),

and vote?

fuk this, we don't need any imported liberals...got enuff of our own, take
Walther for example

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 8:43:01 AM9/30/03
>"ynotssor"

> Yowee cuz were Americans and >sensative to Terroristic suggestions
>is why ;)P
>

>Two families move from Pakistan to America. When they arrive, the fathers
>make each other a bet -- in a year's time, whichever family has become more
>American will win.
>
>A year later when they meet again, the first guy says, "My son's playing
>baseball, I had McDonald's for breakfast and I'm on my way to pick up a case
>of Bud for the football game tonight. How about you?"
>
>The second guy says, "Fuck you, towel>-head!"

That one mussta bought a circle K in
Texas

Darren G

Sep 30, 2003, 8:55:19 AM9/30/03
"Joe Walther" <jlwal...@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<9pKdnW3lVv_...@comcast.com>...
Thats me Judge!

Ive only just stumbled over this thread again. For some reason threads
keep disappearing and reappearing on my screen, so Im having a bit of
trouble tracking things at the moment.

Sorry about goofing with the impeachment thing; I overlooked that.
However, I believe the words "there can be no recourse from the ballot
to the bullet..", were famously uttered by Abraham Lincoln, a man I
particularly admire for all sorts of reasons. What I posted was simply
a play on those words. Kind of ironic if the SS, sorry, secret
service, decided to get a woody at me over that, huh? Still, as you
say, Im safe all the way down here. At least Im not married to a US
ambassador!

Blues

Darren G

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 9:05:09 AM9/30/03
>With an outfit that liked to carry a light >combat load it appears to me. Ammo

> goes fast if you plan on taking or holding >the initiative...small elements
need to fire >and manuver like a buzz saw or get
>eat alive.

>What Peter said in his post is correct, >Snuff'. Strictly aimed shots
>only

yuh that was the rule on the rifle range and in training...aqnd I've seen guys
make impressive shots over open water, the coastal barrens and on the Rubber
tree plantations but it don't work like that in heavy bush...ya made
contact...you fired a mad minute and went from there...first time I went in the
guy I relieved said----forget most of what you learned back in the states,
things have changed, resist firing...
It gives our location away and if your forced to fire, empty the mag watch
for my hand signals...don't go off half cocked...I'm
thinking they may have fixed the assult rifle selector to 3 round bursts after
I got out cuz kids ass deep in Alligators wuz costing the tax payers so much
ordance money! o~;->

David Ferree

Sep 30, 2003, 9:14:14 AM9/30/03
On 30 Sep 2003 03:42:13 GMT, to...@aol.com (Capt. hook) wrote:

>>His economic policy is a failure so far
>>
>>No it isn't.
>>

>we will see...if the economy doesn't rebound by 2004 Bush is history imho ;)P

It already is/has. Quit watching CNN.

David Ferree

Sep 30, 2003, 9:17:17 AM9/30/03
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:48:12 GMT, "Tom B" <d16...@aol.com> wrote:

>"Darren G" <zippyf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Losing it a bit there, David. My, my, time for a valium.
>> For the record? Hand over military command to a UN force, preferably
>> under a British or Australian commander.
>
>You have to be fucking joking? Turn this over to the UN? The last
>major action the UN accepted, they could not make a decision on what
>to do, while a few men with small arms were taking over the group's
>heavy weapons, as they sat and waited for UN instructions.
>
>> get US forces reduced and rotated.ON TIME.
>
>uh... Darren, you said once that you were in the military. Well the
>one I was in decided where I went and when. If I didn't like it, at
>the end of my enlistment, I could leave. What part of that process do
>you not understand.
>
>Get rid of the military police. This is a war, not a fucking
>> episode of Miami Law in Iraq. MPs are good for directing traffic and
>> making sure the barmen in the officers' mess dont nick the silver.
>> Useless for a war.
>>
>> Darren G
>
>Well Darren, if that is your view of your nation's MP's, that is a
>shame. I found ours quite competent. You have mentioned you view of
>the US soldiers, and of course that yours are much better. But when
>was the last time your army engaged a large reasonably equipped force
>3 times your size, and won? But let's start with the basics. At
>present, I disagree with your assessment that we are in a war.
>Remember what happened during the war. If the President felt we were
>in a war, you would see air attacks and M1's firing in downtown
>Baghdad. There are groups of people out shooting and blowing things
>up, but a significant number of them are not citizens of Iraq. I
>don't know how to describe the present situation, but it is not war
>and it is not piece, civil unrest comes to mind but it is a bit weak
>as well. Police action is it I think.
>
>Second, on the field of combat, the occupying force is required to
>maintain a policing force, to protect people of all groups as soon as
>the military situation allows. Despite your views of MP's, they are
>the forces trained exactly for this situation. Regular soldiers have
>absolutely no training in law enforcement. BTW, a large number of the
>MP's deployed are reservists who are policemen in civilian life. One
>of the greatest needs for MP's is to handle POW's, permitting soldiers
>to return to the battle line.
>
>For history's sake, note that the MP force was established to cover
>exactly the kind of situation in Iraq.
>
>Tom B

But you see, Darren is a god damned idiot, so he still won't get it.

David

David Ferree

Sep 30, 2003, 9:20:24 AM9/30/03

Yeah, ever since his $30 check to the IRS (for two years worth of
taxes) bounced, he's been an extra shade of wacky.

David

David Ferree

Sep 30, 2003, 9:23:18 AM9/30/03
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:36:03 -0400, "LORD OF THE SKY"
<lord...@ellijay.com> wrote:

>"chuck" <cgilb...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Your leader, Mr. Clinton is the guy who said that our constitution was
>> obsolete.
>
> First off, Chuck,let me assure you I despise both president Clintons.
> Secondly, Ashcroft is the guy fighting tooth and nail to make our
>Constitution "obsolete".

What do you care? If you had your way we'd have just let Sadaam
thrive and build nuclear suitcase bombs and kill us all. A
constitution wouldn't do us much good then, now would it? But I
digress......

Explanation to the uninformed:

Dawn "Fleatop" Jardine is illustrating the stupidity of the liberal
medias lies by making even more absurd comments here, which only the
most stupid of the stupid (like Darren G.) would believe and/or agree
with. Dawn is actually doing a great service to the truth by doing
so.

David

SkydiverRick

Sep 30, 2003, 9:26:03 AM9/30/03
> Explanation to the uninformed:
>
> Dawn "Fleatop" Jardine is illustrating the stupidity of the liberal
> medias lies by making even more absurd comments here, which only the
> most stupid of the stupid (like Darren G.) would believe and/or agree
> with. Dawn is actually doing a great service to the truth by doing
> so.
>
> David

That explains alot. Nobody could be that stupid.

David Ferree

Sep 30, 2003, 9:30:10 AM9/30/03
On 30 Sep 2003 05:03:45 -0700, zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G)
wrote:

Yes, you are probably stupid enough to do just that. :-)

>I dont see any taunts in the posts that you are responding to. Nor are
>there any in my other posts on this subject. My comments about Bush
>are based entirely on facts, backed with a bit of knowledge and
>experience relating to the debacle your president has run your country
>into.

Hmm, no debacle, no facts to back your statements, and stupid little
pussy boy school yard taunts is the best you can do.

>A little while ago you were just content to hurl short meaningless
>invective. Now you know thats not enough, so you have to at least try
>and address my points, although youre doing a pretty bad job at that
>(while still throwing the invective). Obviously you cant address the
>points that Im making.

Yes I can. You're a god damned idiot if you even think you're making
points.

>I would have done a lot of things different to what has been done by
>your guys in Iraq. The list would make a small book. But I'll say this
>again: your military (with the possible exception of General Abizaid)
>doesnt know how to fight this war. It needs help and it needs to get
>itself the fuck out of the firing line because its only making things
>worse.

Um, Darren? We're not fighting a war anywhere right now, genius.

>A resolution on Iraq would be easy for your president to get if he had
>the courage to confess he made a mistake. But your president is not a
>courageous man. He'll let young boys americans die - and let the
>opportunity to do the job right slip out of his fingers - because he
>doesnt have the necessary courage. Ive already pointed out the man's
>track record, which you havent denied. What a damned disgrace though -
>young men dying to save the face of a coward. Worse still, your
>president;s gutlessness is just delaying the inevitable entry of UN
>forces, so your young fellows are gonna keep dying a bit longer.

"Courage to admit he made a mistake." LOFL! Sure, he needs to say
"Oh I'm so sorry I did anything, UN people. I should have waited for
you to do nothing, forever. Please forgive me and do nothing now."
Darren, you're an ignorant slut. LOL

>For the record, Ive never taken acid or any other illegal drug, I dont
>smoke (although I have been known to inhale the ocassion sidestream).
>I dont have cable tv and I dont watch CNN. Any other crap you wanna
>come up with Dave?
>
>Blues
>
>Darren G

So what, you just come up with all this nonsense on your own? I'm
sorry. LOL Dumbass.

David Ferree

Sep 30, 2003, 9:33:06 AM9/30/03
On 30 Sep 2003 05:55:19 -0700, zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G)
wrote:

>Im having a bit of trouble tracking things at the moment.

Admitting your problem is the first step in the long road to recovery,
Darren. As always, I'm here to help when you're ready.

David

Capt. hook

Sep 30, 2003, 9:44:12 AM9/30/03
>For the record? Hand over military >command to a UN force, preferably
>under a British

Weren't they a party to the war also?

> or Australian

oh yeah right the travel light guys..."I say mate can you spare a mag?"

>You have to be fucking joking? Turn this >over to the UN?

I agree thats like letting the fox watch the chicken coop in this case...I'm
sure most Americans would welcome them under US Command though..the UN is too
indecisive

>Get rid of the military police

yuh they can be a pain in the ass...but as long as their training Iraqi's
rather than bothering our soldiers I see no problem with them.

> get US forces reduced and rotated.ON >TIME.

I agree with reduced but rotation may not be such a good idea, let the regulars
stay for the duration cause they know their AO's and have some understanding of
the culture by now...send the reserves home.
Make it a all MP operation for all I care, they can go around putting each
other on report plus the Iraqi people do seem rather compulsive about taking
each others stuff.
Its difficult to believe that place was once the cradle of civilization the way
some of them act.."Oh how the Mulla's have corrupted the teachings of Alla!"
worst than our own fundamentilists and I thought no one dumber before 9/11
o~;-)

Peter Lucas

Sep 30, 2003, 10:21:13 AM9/30/03

>>With an outfit that liked to carry a light >combat load it appears to
>>me. Ammo
>> goes fast if you plan on taking or holding >the initiative...small
>> elements
> need to fire >and manuver like a buzz saw or get
>>eat alive.
>
>>What Peter said in his post is correct, >Snuff'. Strictly aimed shots
>>only
>
> yuh that was the rule on the rifle range and in training...aqnd I've
> seen guys make impressive shots over open water, the coastal barrens and
> on the Rubber tree plantations but it don't work like that in heavy
> bush...

Which is why you were in the US Military and not the Australian Military.

We do thing differently in this neck of the woods.

Our motto *isn't* "Victory through superior firepower".

--
Peter Lucas * In a world in which we are all *
Brisbane * slaves to the laws of gravity, *
Australia * I am proud to be called *
* one of the Freedom Fighters. *

Peter Lucas

Sep 30, 2003, 10:23:43 AM9/30/03
zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said in the newsgroup.......

Got a son in 6 Charlie. They're all off to Timor soon.

You still around this way?

Peter Lucas

Sep 30, 2003, 10:24:54 AM9/30/03
zippyf...@yahoo.com (Darren G) said in the newsgroup.......