The Official FAQ of the Unofficial a.s.s.b. Newsgroup

Rhonda Lea

Dec 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/15/95
The a.s.s.b FAQ is dedicated to RM#1, who made it happen.
I love you, ee. Don't kill me. ;)

The sensitive nature of the RMCC guidelines prevents me from
posting them publicly. They are, however, available upon
request by e-mail to <hama...@aol.com>.

I owe many thanks to those who contributed to the many threads
which made the a.s.s.b newsgroup necessary, most especially
Mike Masterov and Tina Marie. Thank you, sir and madam. ;)

rl

*** THE ALT.SEX.SKYDIVING.BONDAGE FAQ ***

Q. What is ASSB?
A. ASSB is the unofficial alt.sex.skydiving.bondage newsgroup. It
serves as a forum for skydiver discussions of bondage, stupid tandem
passenger jokes, discussions of what exactly a pussy is, methods
for hiding line burns, various alternate uses for skydiving
equipment and who should just go screw themselves.

Q. Why do we need alt.sex.skydiving.bondage, anyway?
A. The bondage thread going lately on rec.skydiving will just not
die. Obviously there is a strong need for a new group dedicated to
just that one thread. Besides. rec.skydiving is overflowing with
inanity lately, and this will siphon some off.

Q. Is ASSB actually a new newsgroup?
A. Well, no, it's really just a part of rec.skydiving. I didn't have
the guts to actually propose such a silly group.

Q. What's an RM rating?
A. Rope Master. It indicates that someone has met my high standards
when it comes to planning and executing bondage scenes. To obtain it,
a candidate must go through an RMCC (Rope Master Certification Course)
with a qualified evaluator and complete the proficiency card.

Q. Who already has the rating?
A. That information is kept confidential - I wouldn't want it to get
into the wrong hands. Keep your eyes on people's .sig for the
telltale "RM#XX". People using the "RM#XX" without meeting the
requirements of the RMCC as described below will, however, be publicly
humiliated.

-Mistress Rhonda Lea Kirk
Moderator, alt.sex.skydiving.bondage

Raymond Mark Gogolewski

Dec 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/16/95
In article <4ashpc$p...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
Rhonda Lea <rhon...@aol.com> wrote:

>People using the "RM#XX" without meeting the
>requirements of the RMCC as described below will, however, be publicly
>humiliated.
>
>-Mistress Rhonda Lea Kirk
>Moderator, alt.sex.skydiving.bondage

On that note, may I officially sign off as

Mark Gogolewski
RM#69

Beat me, hurt me, baby.

Convince me that I can't be a 69'r in bondage....

Rhonda Lea

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95
Mark Gogolewski wrote:

>On that note, may I officially sign off as

>Mark Gogolewski
>RM#69

>Beat me, hurt me, baby.

>Convince me that I can't be a 69'r in bondage....

No, dear, I wouldn't think of trying to convince you...and not only that,
if you are willing to wait _that_ long for your rating, I'd be happy to
reserve #69 for you.

I'm sending you the requirements and the proficiency card. As soon as you
complete and return it AND as soon as I have awarded the first 68 numbers,
#69 is yours. ;)

Mistress Rhonda Lea

P.S. You'll have to find someone else to beat you and hurt you, baby,
because I'm all tied up for the foreseeable future. ;)

JumperVint

Dec 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/19/95
Rhonda Lee, I'm confused. I thought you did the tieing, and were not the
one tied up.

Rhonda Lea

Dec 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/19/95
>Rhonda Lee, I'm confused. I thought you did the tieing, and were not the
>one tied up.

Actually, I'm neither tying nor being tied. I quit.

This thread has caused consternation, distress and unhappiness--mostly for
me, which is okay, but for a few others too, which is not. Once a
situation reaches the point that others are affected adversely, it's time
to give it up.

If you are scratching your head and wondering what my problem is, well,
you should see my e-mail....

It was fun while it was fun. It isn't anymore.

Rhonda Lea Kirk Voice: 609.443.3155 Fax: 609.443.3164
The distance between me and you is only time and changes. Once I
was a bitter, twisted cripple, poisoning the air around me; now I
know no evil because I know no fear. Charlie Armstead

Rhonda Lea

Dec 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/29/95
From my morning e-mail.

Now is there anyone who would care to offer an explanation for this?!
LTHTT!!!

Subj: No Subject
Date: Fri, Dec 29, 1995 1:45 EST
From: ne...@lurch.sccsi.com

rhon...@aol.com requested that alt.sex.skydiving.bondage be created.
To do this, type the following:
/usr/local/news/bin/ctlinnd newgroup alt.sex.skydiving.bondage y
rhon...@aol.com

The original article was:
From: rhon...@aol.com (Rhonda Lea)
Newsgroups: alt.sex.skydiving.bondage.ctl
Subject: cmsg newgroup alt.sex.skydiving.bondage
Control: newgroup alt.sex.skydiving.bondage
Date: 29 Dec 1995 03:40:21 GMT
Originator: rtar...@dlsun236.us.oracle.com

As discussed on rec.skydiving.

Michael Masterov

Dec 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/29/95
Rhonda Lea <rhon...@aol.com> wrote:
>From my morning e-mail.
>Now is there anyone who would care to offer an explanation for this?!

Yes. a.s.s.b. lives and you are its moderator. You were nominated.
You accepted. You can't just quit on us now; some of us are already
working on our RM cards.

And anyone who doesn't have a sense of humor about it can damn well learn
to use a killfile.

Or just send the nasty email to me - I'll enjoy it, and will be happy to
respond in kind without taking it personally.

Michael Masterov, official complaint department for a.s.s.b.

Fort the humor impaired: Add :) as desired.

Jack Cunniff

Dec 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/29/95
mast...@atom.ecn.purdue.edu (Michael Masterov) writes:

>Michael Masterov, official complaint department for a.s.s.b.

Okay, Mr. Official Complaint Department - I just want to know whether or not
this is a Feast of Fools issue, or if the newsgroup REALLY REALLY exists.

(My site doesn't carry it yet - I've got hamsters and duct tape, but...)

Jack Cunniff

--
jm...@world.std.com
.motorcycle_stuff .skydiving_stuff

Bill Von Novak

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In article <DKD97...@world.std.com>, jm...@world.std.com says...

>>>Michael Masterov, official complaint department for a.s.s.b.
>

>Okay, Mr. Official Complaint Department-I just want to know whether or

>this is a Feast of Fools issue, or if the newsgroup REALLY REALLY exists.

holy cow! it's really a newsgroup! a real official newsgroup!
how the hell did that happen?

-bill v

Rhonda Lea

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
On December 29, 1995, Michael Masterov wrote:

>Yes. a.s.s.b. lives and you are its moderator. You were nominated.
>You accepted. You can't just quit on us now; some of us are already
>working on our RM cards.

And he wasn't kidding. AOL doesn't have it yet, so if you all could please
let me know when it reaches your site...

Pass the smelling salts, please...

Rhonda Lea Kirk Voice: 609.443.3155 Fax: 609.443.3164

-----
The only thing that makes life worth living is the willingness to risk
everything. Unless you risk everything, you don't have a life.
-Roger Payne

Ivan Vasilev

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
rhon...@aol.com (Rhonda Lea) wrote:

> On December 29, 1995, Michael Masterov wrote:
>
> >Yes. a.s.s.b. lives and you are its moderator. You were nominated.
> >You accepted. You can't just quit on us now; some of us are already
> >working on our RM cards.
>
> And he wasn't kidding. AOL doesn't have it yet, so if you all could please
> let me know when it reaches your site...
>
> Pass the smelling salts, please...

Yeah, right! AOL ain't gonna carry it, babe. They protect their
users well and don't let 'em see anything that's not good for 'em. Sex,
skyding, mayhem and murder... they censor this shit.
...Now that I see that you're on AOL, I understand why you miss
the really good stuff in here. It never gets to you, does it? I knew it!!
If I were you, I'd change providers.
Love,

-= Ivan =-

Rhonda Lea

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
The FAQ has been revised, and I've re-posted it below. I've also
posted--for the first time--the RMCC.

Thanks to WildThing, who posted this to alt.sex.skydiving.bondage for me.

Bemusedly yours,
Mistress Rhonda Lea
Moderator, a.s.s.b.

*** THE ALT.SEX.SKYDIVING.BONDAGE FAQ ***

Q. What is ASSB?
A. ASSB is the unofficial alt.sex.skydiving.bondage newsgroup. It
serves as a forum for skydiver discussions of bondage, stupid tandem

passenger jokes, discussions of what exactly a pussy is, and who

should just go screw themselves.

Q. Why do we need alt.sex.skydiving.bondage, anyway?
A. The bondage thread going lately on rec.skydiving will just not
die. Obviously there is a strong need for a new group dedicated to
just that one thread. Besides. rec.skydiving is overflowing with
inanity lately, and this will siphon some off.

Q. Is ASSB actually a new newsgroup?

A. Well, it wasn't intended to be. It was originally part of a joke.
But somehow it was created, and is now a real live newsgroup.

Q. What's an RM rating?
A. Rope Master. It indicates that someone has met my high standards
when it comes to planning and executing bondage scenes. To obtain it,
a candidate must go through an RMCC (Rope Master Certification Course)
with a qualified evaluator and complete the proficiency card.

Q. Who already has the rating?
A. That information is kept confidential - I wouldn't want it to get
into the wrong hands. Keep your eyes on people's .sig for the

telltale "RM#XX". People using the "RM#XX" without meeting the

requirements of the RMCC as described below will, however, be publicly
humiliated.

-Mistress Rhonda Lea Kirk
Moderator, alt.sex.skydiving.bondage

*** THE ROPE MASTER RATING ***

1 INTRODUCTION

The Rope Master rating (RM) is given by the moderator of ASSB to
individuals who have met the stringent requirements of the RMCC (Rope
Master Certification Course.) Due to the highly personal matter of
this rating, it can be obtained privately with a qualified evaluator.

2 SCOPE

This document covers the Bondage Basic Safety Recommendations
(BBSR's), the requirements of the RMCC, RM responsibilities, and
currency requirements.

3 BONDAGE BASIC SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS

3.1 Safewords

Safewords are essential in any bondage session. Usually there
are two - one which means "slow down, not so tight, don't do that" and
another which means "let me out right now." "Yellow" and "red" are
two popular safewords. "No" or "stop" are very bad choices, as these
words often come up in the course of a session unintentionally.

3.2 Blood flow

Do not use any restraint that cuts off blood to an extremity.
This can be detected by the loss of a pulse, loss of sensation in a
limb, or a cold extremity. If this happens release the affected limb
immediately.

3.3 Collars

Collars should be loose enough so that two fingers can be
inserted between it and the neck. Do not attempt to put heavy loading
on the front of a collar. Remove at once if any trouble with
breathing or dizziness occurs.

3.4 Suspension

All suspension equipment should be rated at least twice the
highest load it will experience. A backup is a very good idea. Do
not suspend anyone from their arms for any length of time, as
breathing in that position becomes very difficult. Never attach a
collar to a hard point during a suspension.

4 SUGGESTED EQUIPMENT

4.1 Rope

Rope is available from many sources. Hardware stores, marine
supply houses, and home centers are all good sources. The mimimum
diameter recommended is 3/8". Nylon braided gives good results but
sometimes will not hold knots, especially when new. Cotton
clothesline is often a good choice. Laid ropes can work but leave
marks and can be difficult to both tie and untie.

4.2 Nylon webbing

Nylon webbing is often softer and easier to work with than rope.
3/4" tubular webbing is a good choice, and is available from climbing
supply stores. Some camping equipment stores (REI, for example) carry
webbing that comes with Fastex buckles attached. These can often be
used as-is, with little modification. Do not try to support body
weight with Fastex buckles, or any nylon hardware for that matter.

4.3 Chain

Chain is available from most hardware stores. The smaller the
links, the better fit will be available. Using chain to support body
weight directly can work but is often painful. When using locks with
chain, make sure several keys are available nearby. Keyed-alike locks
work well when several locks are used at the same time.

4.4 Commercially available equpiment

Many adult bookstores sell bondage gear of varying quality.
There are also a few mail order sources. It is often very expensive
and low quality. PD Source (see ad in Parachutist) has some fairly
good nylon bondage equipment available.

4.5 Raw Materials

There are several sources for "roll-your-own" bondage equipment.
These naturally fall into three categories:

1. Nylon. Works as well as leather, and is easier to work with
(especially if you're a rigger.) It also can get wet without damage.
Para-gear, Square One and climbing supply stores are good sources for
this type of material. Type 8 and type 17 webbing are good choices
for designing your own equipment, and are readily available. Para-
gear also sells hardware to go with this type of webbing.

2. Leather. The 'traditional' bondage equipment material.
Tandy Leather sells raw leather and hardware, as well as leather
working tools. Most tack stores (horse supplies) can be useful in
obtaining leather materials.

3. Metals. Much more difficult to work with. Iron pipe and
aluminum barstock are available from the bigger home centers, but
often require milling and welding to produce useful restraints.

5 EVALUATOR QUALIFICATIONS

The evaluator must meet the following criteria:

1. Must be a qualified RM -OR- must have participated in at
least 5 bondage sessions within one year of the date of the RMCC.

2. Must pass an FAA level 3 physical -OR- sign a medical waiver
stating the lack of any infirmities that may prevent participation in
the RMCC.

3. Must be willing to follow the BBSR's during the course of
the RMCC.

6 CANDIDATE SKILL STANDARDS

Candidates will be tested by the evaluator during the RMCC to
evaluate their suitability for the position of RM. During the course,
the evaluator will provide realistic problem scenarios for the
candidate, including:
-Unstable partner ("she just flipped out")
-Failure of one or more of the components of the restraint
system
-Premature termination of the session ("damn Houdini partner")

The candidate must remain in control of the session at all
times, and not allow a dangerous situation to develop. The following
sessions will be used as test scenarios:

6.1 Mild bondage
Arms or legs only restrained, in such a way that escape is possible
and freedom is not seriously restricted. In order for the USPA to
recognize the RM rating at least one of these sessions must occur on a
USPA drop zone. Handcuffs, rope, nylon, metal and leather restraints
are all options for these sessions. Gags and blindfolds should not be
used. Evaluator should be restrained such that they are sexually
available for at least one of these sessions.

6.2 Strict bondage/rope
Arms and legs restrained in such a way that escape is not
possible and freedom is largely restricted. Rope or nylon webbing
should be used. Gags and blindfolds can be used at this level.

6.3. Strict bondage/other
Arms and legs restrained in such a way that escape is not
possible and freedom is largely restricted. Leather, metal or nylon
w/hardware should be used. Gags and blindfolds can be used at this
level.

6.4. Suspension
This should only occur after the previous three requirements
have been met. Evaluator should be suspended such that most or all of
their weight is on the restraints. Extreme care should be taken at
this level to avoid potentially dangerous falls. In addition, the RM
should make sure that the partner is stable before releasing them at
the termination of the session.

7 RM RESPONSIBILITIES

7.1 Briefings
Before all bondage sessions, the RM should brief the potential
partner, covering such things as new equipment, safewords, and session
objectives. Is this just an experiment? Is it a prelude to sex?
Will it involve sex during the session? Have the winds changed since
the last session? The briefing should answer these questions so the
partner can adequately prepare for the session.

7.2 RMPI's (Rope Master Personnel Inspections)
The RM should check all the equipment to be used for wear and
(especially for suspension) strength. The time to catch equipment
problems is before the session begins. Make sure harnesses are tight
and extra webbing is stowed. Also check partner for proper
contraception equipment (if applicable.)

7.3 Pre-session supervision
The RM should make sure that their partner does not do anything
that will cause problems later, such as losing important keys, running
away, etc.

7.4 The session itself
Before the session begins, the RM and his partner should have
worked out signals to assist with body position during the session.
These may vary from RM to RM, and are important since verbal
communication is sometimes difficult once a session begins.

7.5. Post-session debrief
This will vary from partner to partner, and may involve anything
from a quick statement from the partner to sex. It is important to
have the partner give their version of events before you give yours,
to avoid influencing their memory of the session.

8 CURRENCY REQUIREMENTS

To maintain proficiency, each RM should participate in at least
one bondage session of any type every six months. If an RM goes
longer than six months betwen sessions, they must participate in at
least one strict bondage session with a qualified evaluator to regain
currency.

9 RM PROFICIENCY CARD

The RM Proficiency Card, provided below, should be filled out by
the candidate and signed by both the evaluator and candidate. It
should then be mailed to the ASSB moderator who will act on the
application within 6-12 weeks. RM numbers are assigned on a first-
come, first-served basis.

SEND TO: Rhon...@aol.com -or- Rhonda Lea Kirk
152 Hickory Corner Road #103
Hightstown NJ 08520

|CANDIDATE NAME: |
|ADDRESS: |
|USPA #: |
|RATINGS: |
|TIME IN SPORT: |
|EVALUATOR NAME: |
|ADDRESS: |
|USPA #: |
|NUMBER OF "SESSIONS" |
|PREVIOUS TO RMCC: |
| |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|SPECIFIC SKILLS: |DATE | EVALUATOR SIGNOFF |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|A. Complete Basic Bondage Course | | |
| (BBC) when in place | | |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|B. Perform evaluator briefing as | | |
| described in 7.1 | | |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|C. Demonstrate knowledge of BBSR's| | |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|D. Show competency in areas of: | | |
| Knot tying | | |
| Whip handling| | |
| Gag use | | |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|E. Five "mild bondage" scenes | | |
| as described in section 6.1 | | |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|F. One "strict bondage" scene using | |
| rope as described in section | | |
| 6.2 | | |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|G. One "strict bondage" scene using | |
| materials other than rope as | | |
| described in section 6.3 | | |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|H. One suspension bondage scene | | |
| as described in section 6.4 | | |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|CANDIDATE SIGNATURE: | DATE: |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|
|EVALUATOR SIGNATURE: | DATE: |
|----------------------------------|--------|---------------------------|

Ivan V. Vasilev

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
>rhon...@aol.com (Rhonda Lea) wrote:
>> And he wasn't kidding. AOL doesn't have it yet, so if you all could please
>> let me know when it reaches your site...

And she isn't kidding either. It reached my site!
...Awh my dear God... blessed Lord Jeezuz, ...it's for real!!

-= Ivan =-

---
Grab me, squeeze me, kick me, hurt me... show me that you care!

Jack Cunniff

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96

>-bill v

Yes, it exists... and NOW has skydiving content, not just somewhat lame test
messages!

Rhonda Lea

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
> Yeah, right! AOL ain't gonna carry it, babe. They protect their
>users well and don't let 'em see anything that's not good for 'em. Sex,
>skyding, mayhem and murder... they censor this shit.

No, actually they don't. Most AOL users, however, find themselves unable
to a feature known as "Expert Add," in addition to their failure to remove
the default block against a full newsgroup listing.

Most of what is wrong with AOL is the ignorance of the average AOL user.
(The rest of what is wrong with AOL is its cost.) For example, you'd be
surprised how many people frequent the AOL skydiving boards who never make
it to rec.skydiving simply because they cannot navigate the path.

I've e-mailed the AOL NewsMaster, and unless something really weird
happens, I expect AOL to have access to the group shortly. In the
meantime, WildThing is going to post the FAQ. (Thanks, Wild!)

> ...Now that I see that you're on AOL, I understand why you miss
>the really good stuff in here. It never gets to you, does it? I knew it!!
>If I were you, I'd change providers.

Well, I don't actually miss the good stuff. I download the archive about
once each week, and what I miss is mostly Yuri and bill. As Kleggo once
said...never mind...they'll kill me if I say that even AOL has the sense
to use a killfile once in awhile. ;)