Best Day of the Season

sally slifkin

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

I think it would be embarrassing if I got a boner in a tight raceing
suit... Aren't those tight raceing suits cold I dress real warm when I
ski. I wear either a facemask or a turtle are racers allowed to wear
these on cold days or do they get frostbite.

Doug

Bruno Melli

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

sally slifkin (s...@ot.com) wrote:
: Aren't those tight raceing suits cold I dress real warm when I
: ski. I wear either a facemask or a turtle are racers allowed to wear
: these on cold days or do they get frostbite.

I'm sure they can if they want. I've seen pictures of racers with face masks.
However in the last olympics in Norway (can you say COLD !!!) I seem
to remember several racers with frost bites on their faces at the finish
so for some reasons they didn't wear any mask. (Maybe they didn't have one ?)

bruno.

Carl and Anna

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96
to no...@ix.netcom.com

sally slifkin wrote:

> I think it would be embarrassing if I got a boner in a tight raceing
> suit... Aren't those tight raceing suits cold I dress real warm when I

> ski. I wear either a facemask or a turtle are racers allowed to wear
> these on cold days or do they get frostbite.
>
> Doug

No one would notice

Carl (r)

sally slifkin

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

What do racers do when they are not raceing. Usually I see very few
of them free skiing I allways see them sitting around in the lodge. Who
is the mysterious person that brings your jacket to the bottom of the race
course.

Doug

klaus

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

On 18 Jul 1996 20:46:04 GMT, sally slifkin (s...@ot.com) felt an
irresistible urge to write:
: I think it would be embarrassing if I got a boner in a tight raceing
: suit...

If you're trying to pass yourself off as Sally, it certainly would be.

-klaus

Vail-no surprises.

Janet Cicariello-Cook

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

sally slifkin wrote:

Aren't those tight raceing suits cold I dress real warm when I
> ski. I wear either a facemask or a turtle are racers allowed to wear
> these on cold days or do they get frostbite.

Yes, racing suits - even with as many layers of hot chilly's or fleece
or whatever you can fit under it w/o restricting your movement - are
COLD.

HOWEVER

You only strip down to the racing suit when you're actually going to
race (several skiers before your start). When you're not racing, you
have layers of warm ski clothing/accessories on top of the racing
suit.

It's cold when you are waiting your turn - for a few racers in front
of you.

Once you get in the starting gate you forget everything but the race.

In the meantime - someone has brought your ski jacket/windpants, etc
down to the bottom so they are there for you to put back on when you
are finished - ususally you don't need to do this immediately, because
of the adrenaline rush, etc. you don't feel cold right after
finishing.

I'm saying this from experience. And yes, I have raced in the cold -
temps around -20 degrees and a wind chill of around -40 degrees.

BTW - regardless of your opinion on wearing helmets for protection -
they are a LOT warmer on very cold days than a hat. Makes a difference
how you feel standing around in your racing suit.

Janet

Hugh Grierson

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

In article <4sm7qc$r...@oasis.ot.com>, sally slifkin <s...@ot.com> wrote:
> I think it would be embarrassing if I got a boner in a tight raceing
>suit...

On a cold day that's the least of your worries.

Vail - well endowed