Dive With Greg - The Details - Almost Final

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 12:38:48 AM9/20/03
Things are beginning to come together. I've got a couple of confirmations
yet to receive and send personal invitations to a couple rec.scuba
participants who have yet to indicate they even know this thing is going on.
I've made some decisions that may or may not be popular based on the
preferences I have received. I think I've maximized things for everybody,
but if I haven't, it was no for lack of trying. If I screwed things up, let
me know.

Dinner will be on Wednesday night, October 8. At the moment, the Rustic
Inn, near Ft. Lauderdale Airport is the front-runner. Wednesday night
increases the chances for attendance by those who can't be here for both
days. Rustic Inn specializes in all kinds of crabs. Their other seafood
dishes are good and I assume their stakes, etc. are as well. They are
casual and reasonably priced. You need not confirm dinner at this time, but
if you're not diving with us on Wednesday, please confirm before then so
that I know how many seats to arrange at the restaurant.

John Francis, you mentioned you'll be here, but I don't see a confirmation
you'll be diving with us or when. Please reconfirm.

Dazed and Confuzed, I know you're coming, but I don't know whether you'll do
one dive or two. Please reconfirm. Last time you stayed in Ft. Lauderdale.
If you're going to be here again, let me know and you'll become my third
passenger for the dives.

Dan Volker, I've not heard from you on any of this. Please let me know what
you plan so that I can accomodate you, Sandra, etc.

Greg is in for both days and, I presume, dinner.

Jim Layton is in for both days and, I presume, dinner.

Anonymous #2 is in for both days and, I presume, dinner.

I'm in for both days. Jayna will accompany me to dinner.

Captain Bill is in for both days and, I presume, dinner.

Robin is in for both days and, I presume, dinner.

Old Goat is in for both days and, I presume, dinner.

Curtis is in for one day, with a preference for Thursday. He'll be doing a
day trip and won't be able to join us for dinner.

Limey Dave is in for one day in Boynton and another if a Pompano dive suits
the majority. Hopefully, he'll join us for dinner. I'll check with him to
be sure he's OK with a Pompano dive on Wednesday and a Boynton dive on
Thursday in order to accommodate preferences of Dennis, Curtis, Dan, Sandy
and a possible surprise guest.

Dennis is up for the 9th and prefers a reef to a wreck, i.e. Boynton.

ESG is in for on day with no particular preference. I hope he'll join us
for dinner. Mike, if you'd like to bring Gary or anybody else, just let me
know.

Dan Volker and Sandy will try to join us for a dive, on Thursday I presume.
I hope they'll join us for dinner too. Dan, please let me know what you
plan as soon as you can so that I can plan for you. According to Curtis,
Dan may bring a surprise guest. I trust it will be a pleasant surprise. I
don't think I could throw Dan overboard, but I might feel obligated to try
if he screws up. 8^)

Laser can't make it.

Air Hog can't make it.

Kimber won't come without him.

Brightdiver can't make it.

Scubaqueen won't come without him.

NE333RO can't make it.

Matthew Endo can't make it but may join us for dinner. I'll check again.

Anonymous #1 probably won't make it for a dive, but will try to join us for
dinner.

Popeye, at last report, can't make it.

OK, that's the names and status, here's the plan for diving. Let the
discussion begin, but also let it end quickly. Dave and I need to make
reservations.

Based on preferences I've received, I'd like to ask Limey Dave to schedule
an AM Pompano Dive on Wednesday, October 8. I'll leave where and what up to
him. I assume that this will include Greg Mossman, Jim Layton, Anonymous
#2, Lee Bell, Captain Bill, Robin John Francis, Dazed and Confuzed, and Old
Goat. I'll check with Anonymous #1 just in case he'd like to join us. I'll
provide transportation for Greg, Anonymous #1 and for one more person if
they're staying in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Limey Dave has offered to
assist with transportation as well. I think he can probably take 3 as well,
so make your travel reservations early. Hopefully, Dave will let us know
how to arrange equipment in time for us to do it.

I'll schedule a morning dive with Splashdown Divers on Thursday, October 9.
I assume this one will include Greg Mossman, Jim Layton, Anonymous #2, Lee
Bell, Captain Bill, Robin, Old Goat, John Francis, Dazed and Confuzed,
Curtis, Limey Dave, Dennis, ESG, Dan Volker, Sandy, and possibly a surprise
guest.

Lee, CID

Grumman-581

Sep 20, 2003, 3:12:00 AM9/20/03
"Lee Bell" wrote ...

> and a possible surprise guest.

Oh, Black is going to show up?

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 10:01:12 AM9/20/03
"Grumman-581" wrote

> > and a possible surprise guest.
>
> Oh, Black is going to show up?

If he does, he'll have to find his own transportation to the boat. Somebody
that's been dead all these months is not riding in my new Durango.

I don't know who the surprise guest is. Hopefully, Dan won't bring anybody
that will be a problem to the group. I actually considered inviting George
Irvine and Jarrod Jablonaski, but figured that it would be a bit much to
expect everybody to behave well if I put them together with ESG, Greg and
me. I may actually schedule a dive for a group like ours to dive with
George and JJ, assuming of course, that they are willing, just to let
everybody see everybody else isn't really what everybody thought. It
certainly would not hurt anything to be able to start the DIR/WKPP/Stroke
thing over again, this time without all the hostility that has built itself
into the issues over the years.

Lee

Curtis

Sep 20, 2003, 10:07:19 AM9/20/03

"Lee Bell" wrote

> Curtis is in for one day, with a preference for Thursday. He'll be doing
> day trip and won't be able to join us for dinner.

Being the "official" dinner is Wed night, I'm game for an unofficial
breakfast before or lunch after Thursday's dive.

> Dan Volker and Sandy will try to join us for a dive, on Thursday I
presume.
> I hope they'll join us for dinner too. Dan, please let me know what you
> plan as soon as you can so that I can plan for you. According to Curtis,
> Dan may bring a surprise guest. I trust it will be a pleasant surprise.
> don't think I could throw Dan overboard, but I might feel obligated to try
> if he screws up. 8^)

Believe it's an idea to possibly invite as of yesterday's contact,
mentioned for possible head count. Someone I met about 3 years ago,
probably wouldn't remember me by name, doubt very seriously you'd consider
his presence anything less than a real asset.

Besides, you appointed me as "lifeguard", so we cannot throw ANYONE
overboard......we need a 10 gallon cooler filled with ice cold Gatorade.
;-)

Curtis

Scott McFadden

Sep 20, 2003, 10:19:17 AM9/20/03
"Lee Bell" <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<sRQab.40258$NM1....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...

> According to Curtis, Dan may bring a surprise guest.

Let me guess, the Perfumed Prince himself, George Irvine III.

> I trust it will be a pleasant surprise.

I don't know about that. However, I'd bet watching, you, Mike Gray and
Irvine "getting together" would be damn entertaining.

Shift this show to a weekend and I'll drive down.
--
SJM

Curtis

Sep 20, 2003, 11:03:04 AM9/20/03
"Scott McFadden" wrote

> Shift this show to a weekend and I'll drive down.

Very wrong guesswork......but, call in "sick" on Thursday, drive your
butt down an hour south, and ride south from there with me......the van's
been replaced, have a more comfy dive buggy now. Be leaving here around
0530-0600, back by 1700-2000.

Curtis

Dan Bracuk

Sep 20, 2003, 11:33:03 AM9/20/03
"Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com> entertained us with:
: Very wrong guesswork......but, call in "sick" on Thursday, drive your

:butt down an hour south, and ride south from there with me......

Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.

Dan Bracuk
As Big Ben said to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, I've got the time if you've got the inclination.
The Best of Rec.Scuba
http://www.pathcom.com/~bracuk/RecScuba/

Curtis

Sep 20, 2003, 11:42:14 AM9/20/03
"Dan Bracuk" wrote

> : Very wrong guesswork......but, call in "sick" on Thursday, drive your
> :butt down an hour south, and ride south from there with me......
>
> Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.

Not necessarily......I'm often "sick" of work, and I reckon I could get
an excuse stating that a hyperbaric exposure of 2 x 60 minute sessions might
just well cure it long enough to last til vacation rolls around.

Curtis

Curtis

Sep 20, 2003, 11:49:23 AM9/20/03
"Scott McFadden" wrote

> Shift this show to a weekend and I'll drive down.

BTW, I may be going over to the Santa Fe Stroke Pit tomorrow to join a
co-worker, his wife & daughters are recent certs.

Call me sometime, eh? Or email my "real" address, this one is filled
due to some asshole. Your LDS has my info if you don't......

Curtis

Excitable Boy

Sep 20, 2003, 12:18:18 PM9/20/03
> Let me guess, the Perfumed Prince himself, George Irvine III.

I will walk down just to see ESG and GI3 on the same boat.

> > I trust it will be a pleasant surprise.
>
> I don't know about that. However, I'd bet watching, you, Mike Gray and
> Irvine "getting together" would be damn entertaining.

If it was a weekend I would sell my soul to the devil...(again) for that
dive.

MDH

Excitable Boy

Sep 20, 2003, 12:20:33 PM9/20/03
> Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.

Who gives a fuck..this is diving...all is out the door when diving is
concerned.

MDH

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 12:28:40 PM9/20/03
Scott McFaddin wrote

> > According to Curtis, Dan may bring a surprise guest.
> > Let me guess, the Perfumed Prince himself, George Irvine III.

I don't know who the surprise guest might be, but I doubt that he would
bring George along without warning. The fact that I made a point of
ensuring he was invited should suggest that I think better of him than that.

> I'd bet watching, you, Mike Gray and Irvine "getting together" would be
damn entertaining.

It probably would be if it came as a surprise to anybody, but I suspect that
a planned dive trip of that time would be dissapointingly unexciting. Some
day, it could happen. Personally, I think it might be a pretty good idea.
Those who take the time to consider their diving and work on optimizing
things to make it safe and comfortable should have quite a bit in common and
just think of how much might be accomplished by an unemotional blending of
the ideas proposed by experienced tehcnical and recreational divers.

> Shift this show to a weekend and I'll drive down.

You'll have to blame Greg for that one. He set the dates, I just helped
with the organization.

Lee

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 12:29:23 PM9/20/03
"Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sounds like a plan to me. Scott, should I add your name to the list?

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 12:31:14 PM9/20/03
Dan Bracuk wrote

> Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.

Depends on the terms of employment. Uninvited judgement of somebody else's
ethics, particularly when you're not inolved in any way, is unethical.

Yes, I know I did it too.

Lee

chilly

Sep 20, 2003, 1:18:12 PM9/20/03
My guess: MHK

"Lee Bell" <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote in message

Grumman-581

Sep 20, 2003, 1:21:34 PM9/20/03
"Dan Bracuk" wrote ...

> Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.

Depends upon what you are "sick of", doesn't it?

Sick of work?
Sick of not diving?

Grumman-581

Sep 20, 2003, 1:27:18 PM9/20/03
"chilly" wrote ...
> My guess: MHK

Don't think it would have the same effect as if Black showed up though...

Alan Street

Sep 20, 2003, 1:41:32 PM9/20/03
In article <oZ%ab.2691$I36.507@pd7tw3no>, chilly <sla...@shaw.canada>
wrote:

€My guess: MHK

My guess is you.

€"Lee Bell" <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote in message

€>
€>

Old Goat C.I.D.

Sep 20, 2003, 3:12:41 PM9/20/03
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:07:19 -0400, "Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"Lee Bell" wrote
>
>> Curtis is in for one day, with a preference for Thursday. He'll be doing
>> day trip and won't be able to join us for dinner.
>
> Being the "official" dinner is Wed night, I'm game for an unofficial
>breakfast before or lunch after Thursday's dive.

Breakfast is good.

Followed by lunch is even better!

>Curtis

Rick Simms

"To expect your government to save you
is to be a bystander in your own fate."

MARK STEYN SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

chilly

Sep 20, 2003, 3:38:34 PM9/20/03

"Alan Street" <alan@nonono_irsi.com> wrote in message

> In article <oZ%ab.2691$I36.507@pd7tw3no>, chilly <sla...@shaw.canada>
> wrote:
>
> ?My guess: MHK
> ?
>
> My guess is you.

You think Dan Volker is bringing me? I wonder when he's going to send me
the plane ticket.

chilly

Sep 20, 2003, 4:03:16 PM9/20/03

"chilly" <sla...@shaw.canada> wrote in message

Oh, and the reason my guess is MHK, is cuz in August, he said he'd make the
Dive with Greg, if he wasn't teaching and then he took his usual opportunity
to post some more GUE spam. The schedule said that there is a Fundamentals
course being given in Ft. Lauderdale the weekend following the Dive with
Greg. (No, no, don't thank me MHK) Further, it is DEMA at that time. So
with Volker bringing a surprise guest, that I'm quite sure isn't G3 . . .
well, that's how I came up with MHK.

Alan Street

Sep 20, 2003, 4:19:01 PM9/20/03
In article <8o2bb.6080$8D4.3839@pd7tw1no>, sla...@shaw.canada says...

Very logical and probably correct.

I'm still wondering if you're not the "anonymous" attendee ;-)

Limey Dave

Sep 20, 2003, 6:13:30 PM9/20/03

"Lee Bell" <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote in message
Count me in. I'm all for hostility, I mean err..........I'm all for getting
rid of the hostility in the group.

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 20, 2003, 6:18:28 PM9/20/03

> Being the "official" dinner is Wed night, I'm game for an unofficial
> breakfast before or lunch after Thursday's dive.

See ya Thursday. Glad I won't miss ya twice!

> Believe it's an idea to possibly invite as of yesterday's contact,
> mentioned for possible head count. Someone I met about 3 years ago,
> probably wouldn't remember me by name, doubt very seriously you'd consider
> his presence anything less than a real asset.
>
> Besides, you appointed me as "lifeguard", so we cannot throw ANYONE
> overboard......we need a 10 gallon cooler filled with ice cold Gatorade.
> ;-)

Where do we put the beer?........remember, this event is called the "Dive
with Greg"!

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 20, 2003, 6:20:06 PM9/20/03

"Old Goat (Old Goat C.I.D.)" <must...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:07:19 -0400, "Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Lee Bell" wrote
> >
> >> Curtis is in for one day, with a preference for Thursday. He'll be
doing
> >> day trip and won't be able to join us for dinner.
> >
> > Being the "official" dinner is Wed night, I'm game for an unofficial
> >breakfast before or lunch after Thursday's dive.
> >

> Breakfast is good.
>
> Followed by lunch is even better!

I'm up fer both too.....and thanks for the call Rick. Now let's see if we
can get Lee to hit the Busch with us.

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 20, 2003, 6:21:01 PM9/20/03

"Scott McFadden" <sjm15...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I thought that was the reason God created sick days?

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 20, 2003, 6:21:53 PM9/20/03

"Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
2200-2300 if I have anything to do with it!

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 20, 2003, 6:22:27 PM9/20/03

"Dan Bracuk" <bra...@pathcom.com> wrote in message

> "Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com> entertained us with:
> : Very wrong guesswork......but, call in "sick" on Thursday, drive your
> :butt down an hour south, and ride south from there with me......
>
> Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.

BUMMER!

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 20, 2003, 6:23:06 PM9/20/03

"Excitable Boy" <mi...@youwishyouknew.net> wrote in message

> > Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.
>

> Who gives a fuck..this is diving...all is out the door when diving is
> concerned.

So why you not coming?

Dave.

Kimber

Sep 20, 2003, 6:36:24 PM9/20/03

"Limey Dave" <david...@worldnonet.crapatt.net> wrote in message

> > Who gives a fuck..this is diving...all is out the door when diving is
> > concerned.
> >

> So why you not coming?

A few little things like major car repair expences for both vehicles that
were unplanned -- an uncertain job future -- little things like that. If it
was the weekend -- we would be there. Taking midweek time off -- just isn't
a good idea atm.

We were really looking forward to going. I dug the warm water diving when
we went this summer. Those were the best most memorable dives I have ever
done. But right now it just isn't in the cards.

Kimber

Limey Dave

Sep 20, 2003, 6:47:35 PM9/20/03

"Kimber" <kim...@tekdivegirl.com> wrote in message
I think I can speak for most of the South Florida contingent when I say,
"We'll be here when things are looking up." Good luck, see ya next time.

Dave.

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 6:52:54 PM9/20/03
chilly wrote:

> My guess: MHK

Actually, I have an idea of who it might be and it isn't MHK. Now that his
name has come up, I'll extend an invitation to him myself. He's as much a
part of this group as the rest of us. Just think how boring the group woud
be if we all agreed on everything all the time. Mike, if you're in the
area, you're welcome to join us for the dives and/or dinner. If, by some
strange twist of fates, that works out, please let me know ASAP. I'll be
making boat reservations soon.

Speaking of being welcome, I don't recall seeing your name on the list.
Aren't you ready for a break from the cold?

Lee

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 6:58:16 PM9/20/03
> Oh, and the reason my guess is MHK, is cuz in August, he said he'd make
the
> Dive with Greg, if he wasn't teaching and then he took his usual
opportunity
> to post some more GUE spam. The schedule said that there is a
Fundamentals
> course being given in Ft. Lauderdale the weekend following the Dive with
> Greg. (No, no, don't thank me MHK) Further, it is DEMA at that time. So
> with Volker bringing a surprise guest, that I'm quite sure isn't G3 . . .
> well, that's how I came up with MHK.

Works for me either way. If he's coming with DAN, which I don't think is
the case, Dan needs to tell me. If he's coming on his own, he needs to tell
me. Either way, if he prefers to remain anonymous, I will comply with his
wishes, just as I am for Anonymous #1 and Anonymous #2 right now. The trick
for me is to remember which is which.

Lee

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 6:59:48 PM9/20/03
> I'm up fer both too.....and thanks for the call Rick. Now let's see if we
can get Lee to hit the Busch with us.

When?

Excitable Boy

Sep 20, 2003, 6:59:13 PM9/20/03
> Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.

I am sorry...what I meant to say is...Pussy.

MDH

Lee Bell

Sep 20, 2003, 7:02:29 PM9/20/03
We'll still be here when you're ready again.

Lee

--
The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4
people make up 75% of the population.

mike gray

Sep 20, 2003, 7:15:08 PM9/20/03
Scott McFadden wrote:

> I don't know about that. However, I'd bet watching, you, Mike Gray and
> Irvine "getting together" would be damn entertaining.

Which part? Lee and I sitting at the stern talking diving or Irvine
sitting on the bow talking to the waves?

Kimber

Sep 20, 2003, 7:14:48 PM9/20/03

> I think I can speak for most of the South Florida contingent when I say,
> "We'll be here when things are looking up." Good luck, see ya next time.

Thanks, we will make it there again someday.

Kimber

Kimber

Sep 20, 2003, 7:15:19 PM9/20/03

"Lee Bell" <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote in message news:905bb.46770

> We'll still be here when you're ready again.

(-:

Cool! We will be there again before you know it.

Kimber

Excitable Boy

Sep 20, 2003, 7:18:54 PM9/20/03
> Which part? Lee and I sitting at the stern talking diving or Irvine
> sitting on the bow talking to the waves?

You owe me a box of doughnuts.

Mickey

Grumman-581

Sep 20, 2003, 9:11:13 PM9/20/03
"Lee Bell" wrote ...

> just as I am for Anonymous #1 and Anonymous #2 right now.
> The trick for me is to remember which is which.

Awh, they're both cowardly anonymous remailers, it doesn't matter which is
which... I'm surprised that they would actually crawl out of their holes and
physically meet anyone from the newsgroup...

Curtis

Sep 20, 2003, 9:29:58 PM9/20/03
"Grumman-581" wrote

Hey Grumman, Fishie is posting from your 'puter.

Curtis

Curtis

Sep 20, 2003, 9:32:21 PM9/20/03
"Limey Dave" wrote

> > Be leaving here around 0530-0600, back by 1700-2000.
> >

> 2200-2300 if I have anything to do with it!

OK, but I don't drink. (hush Popeye)

Curtis

Old Goat C.I.D.

Sep 20, 2003, 10:28:59 PM9/20/03

Yup!

I couldn't reach Jim this afternoon. I'll call him Sunday AM early.

Old Goat C.I.D.

Sep 20, 2003, 10:30:18 PM9/20/03

Sunday the 5th.

I've gotta call him tomorrow morning to make sure whether it's an AM
or PM dive.

Old Goat C.I.D.

Sep 20, 2003, 10:32:32 PM9/20/03

I thought it was the "Dive with Gregg who's buying the beer" dive.

Old Goat C.I.D.

Sep 20, 2003, 10:39:02 PM9/20/03
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:19:01 -0000, alan@nonono_irsi.com (Alan Street)
wrote:

Cm'on chilly, it'll be fun.

Old Goat C.I.D.

Sep 20, 2003, 10:41:07 PM9/20/03
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:36:24 -0400, "Kimber" <kim...@tekdivegirl.com>
wrote:

Damn guys, I'm really sorry to hear it.

You two take care of yourselves. Hope to see both of you soon.

Old Goat C.I.D.

Sep 20, 2003, 10:42:39 PM9/20/03
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:32:21 -0400, "Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Finding someone to twist your arm may be a challenge.

Kimber

Sep 20, 2003, 11:18:53 PM9/20/03

<Old Goat (mustang5 C...@bellsouth.net) (Old Goat C.I.D.)> wrote in message

> Damn guys, I'm really sorry to hear it.

As are we. We were really looking forward to it too. *sigh*

> You two take care of yourselves. Hope to see both of you soon.

We are doing the best we can. Things will work out of course, but some
things will just take some time. Someday Mick will be able to introduce you
to his wife in person.

Kimber

Alan Street

Sep 20, 2003, 11:24:34 PM9/20/03
In article <vmq64ua...@news.supernews.com>, Kimber
<kim...@tekdivegirl.com> wrote:

€<Old Goat (mustang5 C...@bellsouth.net) (Old Goat C.I.D.)> wrote in message

And for us back in the lower left corner, vice-versa ;-)

Alan

Kimber

Sep 20, 2003, 11:47:29 PM9/20/03

> ?We are doing the best we can. Things will work out of course, but some
> ?things will just take some time. Someday Mick will be able to introduce
you
> ?to his wife in person.

> And for us back in the lower left corner, vice-versa ;-)

But of course!!! We would have met you on Micks visit - but that was so
last minute and we were far too enthralled with each other to call anybody
else. Little did we know you were probably at the beach that day diving
when we stopped by.

Kimber

Excitable Boy

Sep 21, 2003, 1:27:22 AM9/21/03

> We'll still be here when you're ready again.

We'll make sure we let ESG know we are coming this time...Doughnuts!

If he'll dive with us again.

And would love to have a chance to meet Bullshark and Lady Shark.

Mick

Excitable Boy

Sep 21, 2003, 1:28:18 AM9/21/03
> Damn guys, I'm really sorry to hear it.
>
> You two take care of yourselves. Hope to see both of you soon.

As were we, my friend as were we.

You know if you are ever down this way where to find us.

Mick

Excitable Boy

Sep 21, 2003, 1:28:57 AM9/21/03
> And for us back in the lower left corner, vice-versa ;-)

You guys decide on your Governor and...

I'll be back...

Mick

Excitable Boy

Sep 21, 2003, 1:30:15 AM9/21/03
> But of course!!! We would have met you on Micks visit - but that was so
> last minute and we were far too enthralled with each other to call anybody
> else. Little did we know you were probably at the beach that day diving
> when we stopped by.

Yeah..we were sitting in the truck watching you guys walk by if I remember
reading correctly on here...That sucked. But then again I barely noticed
the ocean at all...I was lost in the eyes of Kimber.

We will meet and I will buy you that beer in person.

Mick

chilly

Sep 21, 2003, 6:41:54 AM9/21/03

> >I'm still wondering if you're not the "anonymous" attendee ;-)
>
> Cm'on chilly, it'll be fun.

Very kind of you to say so. Are you sending me a ticket? :^)

chilly

Sep 21, 2003, 6:41:54 AM9/21/03

> chilly wrote:
>
> > My guess: MHK
>

> Speaking of being welcome, I don't recall seeing your name on the list.
> Aren't you ready for a break from the cold?

Haven't you heard? It's warmed back up again.

Limey Dave

Sep 21, 2003, 11:15:56 AM9/21/03

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:18:28 GMT, "Limey Dave"
> <david...@worldnonet.crapatt.net> wrote:
>

> >"Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Being the "official" dinner is Wed night, I'm game for an
unofficial
> >> breakfast before or lunch after Thursday's dive.
> >
> >See ya Thursday. Glad I won't miss ya twice!
> >>
> >> Believe it's an idea to possibly invite as of yesterday's contact,
> >> mentioned for possible head count. Someone I met about 3 years ago,
> >> probably wouldn't remember me by name, doubt very seriously you'd
consider
> >> his presence anything less than a real asset.
> >>
> >> Besides, you appointed me as "lifeguard", so we cannot throw ANYONE
> >> overboard......we need a 10 gallon cooler filled with ice cold
Gatorade.
> >> ;-)
> >>
> > Where do we put the beer?........remember, this event is called the
"Dive
> >with Greg"!
> >
> >Dave.
> >

> I thought it was the "Dive with Gregg who's buying the beer" dive.

.....all the more reason to not waste cooler space!

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 21, 2003, 11:16:50 AM9/21/03

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:59:48 GMT, "Lee Bell"
> <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >> I'm up fer both too.....and thanks for the call Rick. Now let's see if
we
> >can get Lee to hit the Busch with us.
> >
> >When?
> >

> Sunday the 5th.
>
> I've gotta call him tomorrow morning to make sure whether it's an AM
> or PM dive.

Let me know what he says Rick. I'm in fer sure.

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 21, 2003, 11:17:56 AM9/21/03

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:20:06 GMT, "Limey Dave"
> <david...@worldnonet.crapatt.net> wrote:
>

> >"Old Goat (Old Goat C.I.D.)" <must...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> >doing

> >> Breakfast is good.
> >>
> >> Followed by lunch is even better!
> >>
> >I'm up fer both too.....and thanks for the call Rick. Now let's see if we
> >can get Lee to hit the Busch with us.
> >
> >Dave.
> >

> Yup!
>
> I couldn't reach Jim this afternoon. I'll call him Sunday AM early.

I finally got to stay in late today, but just got an emergency call. Let me
know and I'll call Capt. Jim and book.

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 21, 2003, 11:18:17 AM9/21/03

"Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Me niether!

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 21, 2003, 11:20:29 AM9/21/03

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:32:21 -0400, "Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >"Limey Dave" wrote

> >> 2200-2300 if I have anything to do with it!
> >
> > OK, but I don't drink. (hush Popeye)
> >
> >Curtis
> >

> Finding someone to twist your arm may be a challenge.

Don't draw my attention to a challenge, I have a problem turning from a
challenge.....and from what I understand Curtiss is not someone I wanna P.O.
;0)

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 21, 2003, 11:20:55 AM9/21/03

> "Limey Dave" <david...@worldnonet.crapatt.net> wrote in message
>
> > I think I can speak for most of the South Florida contingent when I say,
> > "We'll be here when things are looking up." Good luck, see ya next time.
>
> Thanks, we will make it there again someday.

Welcome. We'll be waiting.

Dave.

Rick Simms

Sep 21, 2003, 1:35:31 PM9/21/03
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:41:54 GMT, "chilly" <sla...@shaw.canada>
wrote:

Thank you.

Splashdown doesn't require a ticket. Just a credit card. :->

Rick Simms

Rick Simms

Sep 21, 2003, 1:37:25 PM9/21/03
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:41:54 GMT, "chilly" <sla...@shaw.canada>
wrote:

Much warmer in Boynton.

Rick Simms

Sep 21, 2003, 1:40:35 PM9/21/03

PM fer sure. Loading the boat at 1:00PM

Dinner after the dive if time permits?

Rick Simms

Sep 21, 2003, 1:50:23 PM9/21/03
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:59:48 GMT, "Lee Bell"
<lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote:

>> I'm up fer both too.....and thanks for the call Rick. Now let's see if we
>can get Lee to hit the Busch with us.
>
>When?

Sunday the 5th. Load on the boat at 1:00PM

I sent that e-mail again. Hope you got it this time.

Rick Simms

Popeye

Sep 21, 2003, 5:34:29 PM9/21/03
>From: Dan Bracuk bra...@pathcom.com
>Date: 9/20/2003 8:33 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>"Curtis" <cavey_...@yahoo.com> entertained us with:
>: Very wrong guesswork......but, call in "sick" on Thursday, drive your
>:butt down an hour south, and ride south from there with me......
>
>Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.

Yes.

Popeye, CID
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings.
They did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Curtis

Sep 21, 2003, 5:55:10 PM9/21/03
"Popeye" wrote

> >Calling in sick without being sick is dishonest.
>
> Yes.

He's read ALL of Greg's posts......that made him quite ill. Only cure
is......damn, there I go, giving away secrets........

Curtis

Lee Bell

Sep 21, 2003, 8:52:01 PM9/21/03
Rick Simms wrote

> PM fer sure. Loading the boat at 1:00PM
> Dinner after the dive if time permits?

Jayna says I can come out to play if I'm not controlling a bunch of idiots
trying to cruise into the path of 100+ mph race boats. I'll have to check
to see exactly what's going on with the race, but if it all works out, I'm
in.

Lee

Lee Bell

Sep 21, 2003, 8:57:01 PM9/21/03
> I sent that e-mail again. Hope you got it this time.

Did you happen to fail to notice that I added the word "remove" to my
newsgroup e-mail address? I just got a 121 messages consisting of 120 spams
and viruses and 1 actually for me. The signal to noise ration has gotten
too high for an unmodified e-mail address. In fact, I'm thinking of
changing the address I've been using for years as soon as I can figure out
how to let everybody that uses it know. My friends I can handle, but I
can't even guess how many companies use it to confirm my access to their
services.

> Sunday the 5th. Load on the boat at 1:00PM

As I just responded in a previous message, I have to check the status of the
race, but if I an be there, I will be there.

Lee

Scott

Sep 21, 2003, 11:12:54 PM9/21/03

> > I sent that e-mail again. Hope you got it this time.
>
> Did you happen to fail to notice that I added the word "remove" to my
> newsgroup e-mail address? I just got a 121 messages consisting of 120
spams
> and viruses and 1 actually for me. The signal to noise ration has gotten
> too high for an unmodified e-mail address. In fact, I'm thinking of
> changing the address I've been using for years as soon as I can figure out
> how to let everybody that uses it know. My friends I can handle, but I
> can't even guess how many companies use it to confirm my access to their
> services.

My old hctc address was getting 150 to 200 spams a *day*, now I get zero.
Once the spammers have your number, it is had,
and about all you can do is change it.

I print a copy of each access issue or provider I use, and keep them in a
folder in my file cabinet, for just this reason.

What I would like to see is our tax dollars start to prosecute these
assholes, and I mean jail time. UCE is penalized by
10 days in the kooler for each count.

Now, send out 15,000 emails, and we'll see you in 416 years.

Scott

Rick Simms

Sep 21, 2003, 11:57:30 PM9/21/03

I noticed the "remove" and removed it. I think it's probably lost in
the traffic. I did get the latest one from you and I saw your earlier
post above.

I've received 174 today, mostly viruses attached to spams. I think
that you're idea of changing addresses is going to be the only way to
stop them and that is going to be a proverbial bitch in a lot of ways.
I'm checking the e-mail through a webmail client first trying to sort
the wheat from the chaff. So far it's working but it's not a long term
solution.

Dave and I will keep a beer cold for ya just in case.

Rick Simms

Sep 22, 2003, 12:02:08 AM9/22/03

I still think a public broadcast of feeding, feet first and very
slowly, the spammers/virus hackers still alive, screaming, bleeding
carcasses, to sharks would do wonders.

I know it would give me some satisfaction.

Lee Bell

Sep 22, 2003, 12:29:36 AM9/22/03
> I still think a public broadcast of feeding, feet first and very
> slowly, the spammers/virus hackers still alive, screaming, bleeding
> carcasses, to sharks would do wonders.
>
> I know it would give me some satisfaction.

Shark feeding is illegal in Florida these days, but for this, I think we
could make an exception.

Alan Street

Sep 22, 2003, 1:34:36 AM9/22/03
In article <xNrbb.50403$Aq2....@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Lee Bell <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote:

€> I sent that e-mail again. Hope you got it this time.

€Did you happen to fail to notice that I added the word "remove" to my
€newsgroup e-mail address? I just got a 121 messages consisting of 120 spams
€and viruses and 1 actually for me.

Shameless plug here - I've been using the newest version of Eudora (v6)
for both the Mac and Windows platforms for the last week, and I'm
pleasently surprised at how well the junk mail filter works. I get
about 200 junk mail messages a day, and about 5 are getting through the
filter with nothing being incorrectly thrown away. You might want to
consider giving it a try.

Alan

Grumman-581

Sep 22, 2003, 5:52:57 AM9/22/03
"Lee Bell" wrote ...

> Shark feeding is illegal in Florida these days, but for this,
> I think we could make an exception.

What about gator feeding?

The spammers should be drawn and quartered -- you can't go wrong by sticking
with the classics... <evil-grin>

Rick Simms

Sep 22, 2003, 10:10:41 AM9/22/03

Staked out over a red fire ant mound and then hooked up to a good low
voltage electrial source.

Rick Simms

Sep 22, 2003, 10:13:36 AM9/22/03
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 05:34:36 GMT, Alan Street <alan@nonono_irsi.com>
wrote:

Anything would be worth considering at this point. I'm waiting on
Bellsouth to call back with any solutions they may have.

Rick

Chris Guynn

Sep 22, 2003, 11:02:44 AM9/22/03

"Rick Simms (Rick Simms)" <mustan...@bitchspammers.bellsouth.net> wrote
in message news:3f6f7337...@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
<snip>

> I still think a public broadcast of feeding, feet first and very
> slowly, the spammers/virus hackers still alive, screaming, bleeding
> carcasses, to sharks would do wonders.
>
> I know it would give me some satisfaction.
>

> Rick Simms
>
> "To expect your government to save you
> is to be a bystander in your own fate."
>
> MARK STEYN SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

On a tour of Texas, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the
gulf for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in his car
when there was a frantic commotion just off the shore. A helpless man,
wearing a white and burnt orange University of Texas jersey, was
struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot
shark.
As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with
three men wearing maroon and white Texas A&M jerseys. One quickly fired
a harpoon into the shark`s side. The other two reached out
and pulled the bleeding semiconscious, Longhorn from the water. Then
using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and hauled it,
too, into the boat. Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to
the beach.

"I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard
that there were some bitter hatreds between Longhorns and Aggies,
but now I have seen with my own eyes that is not true". As the Pope
drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope", one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and
has access to all of God's wisdom." "Well," the harpooner said "he
may have access to God`s wisdom but he doesn't know JACK about shark
fishing. Is the bait holding up OK or do we need to get another
one"?

C Guynn
Gig 'em Ags

Jim Wyatt

Sep 22, 2003, 5:40:01 PM9/22/03

> In article <xNrbb.50403$Aq2....@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> Lee Bell <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> €> I sent that e-mail again. Hope you got it this time.
> €
> €Did you happen to fail to notice that I added the word "remove" to my

> I get
> about 200 junk mail messages a day, and about 5 are getting through
> the filter with nothing being incorrectly thrown away. You might want
> to consider giving it a try.
>
> Alan

THANK YOU ALAN--

I have been using Eudora for years,,paid version I just downloaded the
version 6 as you suggested. It seems like a GREAT spam-eliminator!!

--
Jim Wyatt
PADI Master Instructor #4612/IANTD Instructor

Limey Dave

Sep 22, 2003, 6:56:39 PM9/22/03

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:16:50 GMT, "Limey Dave"
> <david...@worldnonet.crapatt.net> wrote:
>

> ><Old Goat (mustang5 C...@bellsouth.net) (Old Goat C.I.D.)> wrote in
message

> >we

> >> Sunday the 5th.
> >>
> >> I've gotta call him tomorrow morning to make sure whether it's an AM
> >> or PM dive.
> >>

> >Let me know what he says Rick. I'm in fer sure.
> >
> >Dave.
> >

> PM fer sure. Loading the boat at 1:00PM

Just confirmed with Capt. Jim. I'm there!

> Dinner after the dive if time permits?

Time permitting? Damn, a man's gotta eat! Your idea of Lor'e lei works for
me. A sunset ale and conch fritters always rounds out a keys trip nicely.

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 22, 2003, 6:57:26 PM9/22/03

"Lee Bell" <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote in message

Great, let us know. I just booked and will be making the trip. I'd be happy
to stop and pick you up Lee.

Dave.

Alan Street

Sep 22, 2003, 6:58:53 PM9/22/03
In article <Xns93FEB3FBAA3FF...@216.77.188.3>,
J...@nospam-reef-divers.com says...

>Alan Street <alan@nonono_irsi.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <xNrbb.50403$Aq2....@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
>> Lee Bell <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>> €> I sent that e-mail again. Hope you got it this time.
>> €
>> €Did you happen to fail to notice that I added the word "remove" to my
>> I get
>> about 200 junk mail messages a day, and about 5 are getting through
>> the filter with nothing being incorrectly thrown away. You might want
>> to consider giving it a try.
>>
>> Alan
>
>THANK YOU ALAN--
>
>I have been using Eudora for years,,paid version I just downloaded the
>version 6 as you suggested. It seems like a GREAT spam-eliminator!!

You're welcome. Glad you like it.

Alan

Lee Bell

Sep 22, 2003, 10:18:48 PM9/22/03
Thanks. I activated Earthlink's highest security level this afternoon.
It's a major pain in the ass since it only allows message from people in my
Earthlink address book to pass through without making them fill out some
authorization form. Of course I don't use the Earthlink address book, so
everybody who doesn't fill out the authorization is blocked until I can add
them to the address book . . . one at a time.

Lee

--
The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4
people make up 75% of the population.
- -

"Alan Street" <alan@nonono_irsi.com> wrote in message

> In article <xNrbb.50403$Aq2....@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> Lee Bell <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote:
>

> ?> I sent that e-mail again. Hope you got it this time.
> ?
> ?Did you happen to fail to notice that I added the word "remove" to my
> ?newsgroup e-mail address? I just got a 121 messages consisting of 120
spams
> ?and viruses and 1 actually for me.

Lee Bell

Sep 22, 2003, 10:22:26 PM9/22/03
> Time permitting? Damn, a man's gotta eat! Your idea of Lor'e lei works for
> me. A sunset ale and conch fritters always rounds out a keys trip nicely.

Lorelei's is a nice place, but it's not normally our first choice for
dinner. We like Islamorada Fish Company better.

Lee

Grumman-581

Sep 22, 2003, 10:42:41 PM9/22/03
"Rick Simms wrote ...

> Staked out over a red fire ant mound and then
> hooked up to a good low voltage electrial source.

Needs to be a 60 Hz source... It seems to attract the fire ants for some
reason... I've had them attack both my air conditioner and my pool pump...

Scott McFadden

Sep 23, 2003, 2:08:07 PM9/23/03
mike gray <omg...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<0c5bb.150983$3o3.10...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> Scott McFadden wrote:
>

> > I don't know about that. However, I'd bet watching, you, Mike Gray and
> > Irvine "getting together" would be damn entertaining.
>
> Which part? Lee and I sitting at the stern talking diving or Irvine
> sitting on the bow talking to the waves?

You present a perplexing dilemma, as there is much to learn from each one of you.

So, I will chose all of the "parts".

I wish I could say my chances of being there were promising.

But, you never know, there is still plenty of time.
--
SJM

Limey Dave

Sep 24, 2003, 9:33:26 AM9/24/03

"Lee Bell" <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote in message
Yeah, I like there too! I think I've had just about everything on the menu
at the Fish Co. though, and the sunset is better at Lorelei. As an extra
bonus, Big Dick was playing a family rated show there last time I was down.

Dave.

Lee Bell

Sep 24, 2003, 8:22:32 PM9/24/03
Limey Dave wrote:

> Yeah, I like there too! I think I've had just about everything on the menu
> at the Fish Co. though, and the sunset is better at Lorelei. As an extra
> bonus, Big Dick was playing a family rated show there last time I was
down.

Somehow, "Big Dick and the Extenders" and "family rated show" don't work
well together. I haven't seen but once since Woody's became a strip bar.

Lee

Rick Simms

Sep 24, 2003, 9:47:24 PM9/24/03

Both are great with me.

BD playing a family show? What's the world coming to!

Rick

John Francis CID

Sep 24, 2003, 10:04:57 PM9/24/03
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 01:47:24 GMT, Rick Simms
(rick_...@sharks.eat.spammers.bellsouth.net) (Rick Simms) wrote:

>>Yeah, I like there too! I think I've had just about everything on the menu
>>at the Fish Co. though, and the sunset is better at Lorelei. As an extra
>>bonus, Big Dick was playing a family rated show there last time I was down.
>>
>>Dave.
>>

>Both are great with me.
>
>BD playing a family show? What's the world coming to!

Somebody keep an eye on Rick if'n there's nekkid wimmen around. He got
all sweaty at Gilboa when Wagner announced that a nekkid chick was
gonna ride the zipline. The young feller looked darn near sick to his
pants over it.

JF

http://www3.sympatico.ca/johnfrancis/scubachat.htm

Nitespark

Sep 24, 2003, 10:21:37 PM9/24/03

Hell, John,....unless shes got big tits, Rick isn't gonna be problem.

--
More people died at Chappaquiddick than have been killed by my guns.

Limey Dave

Sep 24, 2003, 10:24:32 PM9/24/03

"Lee Bell" <lee...@ix.remove.netcom.com> wrote in message
Yeah, all these years I never did catch 'em there. I only realised it was a
strip bar after I met mike F. (from this very group) down there and tried to
catch the show. BD is known as something else at Lorelei, Large Richard and
the.......? rings a bell but I honestly don't remember. Either way, they're
a great band to catch.

Dave.

Limey Dave

Sep 24, 2003, 10:26:28 PM9/24/03

"Rick Simms (Rick Simms)" <rick_...@sharks.eat.spammers.bellsouth.net>
wrote in message news:3f76488f....@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...

Me too. I'm easy...........or so they say! ;)

> BD playing a family show? What's the world coming to!

Yeah, but he still made a complete ass of some drunk chick who tried to
heckle him.......I think it's difficult for him, kinda makes it still funny.
I'll call down there to find out what evenings he plays there.

Dave.

Rick Simms

Sep 24, 2003, 11:30:15 PM9/24/03

I was sick because I couldn't find the binoculars.

Rick

Rick Simms

Sep 24, 2003, 11:31:34 PM9/24/03

Now you're gonna have the women saying I discriminate.

It just ain't so!

Rick

Rick Simms

Sep 24, 2003, 11:32:56 PM9/24/03
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 02:26:28 GMT, "Limey Dave"
<david...@worldnonet.crapatt.net> wrote:

I wonder if he still brings the hammer with him to the shows?

Rick