No Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood this year?

Dan Harkless

Oct 11, 2001, 2:01:55 AM10/11/01
Howdy. I was just researching the LA/OC area theme park Halloween
events and was surprised to find that Universal Studios Hollywood
doesn't appear to be doing their Halloween Horror Nights event this
year. At least I couldn't find any information on it on their
(horribly buggy) website.

Anyone know why? Anything to do with the September 11th terrorist
attacks (whose real terror will probably reduce the appetite for fake
terror to some extent this year)? If that is the reason, it didn't
appear to dissuade Universal Orlando, which is still doing their
Halloween Horror Nights this year. One bit of evidence that this was
not the reason is this odd (unfollowed-up) post:

From: Dr. Betelgeuse (Beetl...@home.net)
Subject: Halloween Horror Nights V!
Newsgroups: alt.halloween.boo
Date: 2001-08-19 03:00:24 PST

Who is gonna visit Halloween Horror Nights V at Universal Studios
Hollywood this year?

(yes, this is a trick question)

--
"Tender lumplings everywhere, life's no fun without a good scare!"
-Danny Elfman (Nightmare Before Christmas)

Perhaps it's just a matter of attendance? I presume Univeral
Orlando's event is the only major Halloween theme park event in the
area, compared to LA/OC, where there's the competition of the
granddaddy of these events, Knott's Scary Farm, as well as the Queen
Mary Shripwreck event (whose website says it "has grown to become the
3rd Largest & Successful Haunt in the Nation").

It is a pity if Universal Hollywood's event is no more. I really
loved the premiere one in 1997 -- it was superior to the classic
Knott's event in many ways -- better makeup, more polished mazes, and
much funnier shows (a great comedy magic show and the current events
parody show, "Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure"). Then
again, I was quite disappointed with their third show in 1999, with
even the celebrity-designed (Clive Barker and Rob Zombie) mazes not
living up to the first year's event. I didn't get to attend in 1998
or last year.

--
Dan Harkless
SpeedGate Communications, Inc.

Reverend Tommy

Oct 11, 2001, 2:23:53 AM10/11/01
supposedly they even changed the route for the backlot trams to steer clear
of the soundstages. I hope everything is back to normal soon.

/tommy

"Dan Harkless" <use...@harkless.org> wrote in message

TRU2DEBLUU

Oct 11, 2001, 3:15:25 AM10/11/01
The reason is very simple-Money-money-money,USH HHN has never made them any
money and the drunkin guests cause alot of problems.

Reverend Tommy

Oct 11, 2001, 11:35:32 AM10/11/01
drunken? Must be from Citywalk -- can't be from the $5 beers they sell at
USH. Who can afford to get drunk there?? Actually, it's probably more
expensive at Citywalk.

/tommy

"TRU2DEBLUU" <tru2d...@aol.com> wrote in message