HUSS bankrupt

David Burton

Aug 4, 2006, 3:50:10 AM8/4/06
(translated from German)

Roundabout manufacturer Huss insolvent BREMEN (sk)Der roundabout
manufacturer Huss is insolvent. Yesterday afternoon at 3 o'clock became
by resolution of the district court Bremen the provisional insolvency
for the company Huss engine works GmbH & CO. Kg in Bremen arranged. To
the provisional insolvency manager attorney Edgar Groenda was ordered.
Huss was created 1919 in Bremen and produced originally only
replacement and individual construction units for ships. In the leisure
industry the enterprise works however only since 1969, with the
beginning of the large boom of fairs. For the 90's the enterprise
arises increasingly under the name Huss Rides and adapted thereby to
its international orientation. Only since this year 2006 the enterprise
concentrates only on the production of leisure facilities. Some
roundabouts of the enterprise are until a today firm component of fairs
and recreational parks. In addition among other things "Breakdance",
"Top spin", "Shot'n drop" and "frisbee" count. "Breakdance" was
developed and built 1985 by Huss Rides in first execution. The firm
center of the company is in Bremen. Here 40 humans are busily,
world-wide approximately 280.

- what tragic news to the Mercedes Benz of the amusement ride industry!

NoGodForMe

Aug 4, 2006, 6:44:43 AM8/4/06
Yeah, let's see how many flat ride fans some crawling out of the woodwork.

blind_rider

Aug 4, 2006, 6:16:27 PM8/4/06
I cannot believe this. No more new Top Spins or Rainbows. Did Huss not
get that many rides installed this year or something? They seem to be
really popular.

Wolf

Aug 5, 2006, 2:34:15 AM8/5/06
>I cannot believe this. No more new Top Spins or Rainbows. Did Huss not
> get that many rides installed this year or something? They seem to be
> really popular.

Flat rides are kind of like appliances.

On one hand, it's good for business when your rides last forever. On the
other hand, it's terrible for business when your rides last forever.

--
|\-/|
<0 0>

John Anthony

Aug 5, 2006, 11:22:37 AM8/5/06
"blind_rider" <coaster...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I cannot believe this. No more new Top Spins or Rainbows. Did Huss not
> get that many rides installed this year or something? They seem to be
> really popular.

I was expecting a delay for Marineland's Topple Tower (because it's
Marineland), but this could make for a very long delay...

John

Mark Rosenzweig

Aug 6, 2006, 9:37:20 AM8/6/06

True, but I think the last nail had more to do with current market
conditions and the Euro/Dollar conversion rate.

There are few large parks that can justify spending $3-$4 million on a
Huss Giant Ride for a "down" or "inbetween" season (i.e. CP, PKI). For
nearly all small to medium sized parks, $3-$4 million is a major year
install (if they can spend that at all).

Then there are Huss' classic rides (i.e. Top Spin, Enterprise, Pirat).
They're all built like rocks, but priced high too.

Current market conditions are going to make for rough times for high
end manufacturers and service providers in any sectar (coasters, flats,
consulting, etc.)

Just my opinion.

-Mark

Funtype

Aug 6, 2006, 8:54:15 PM8/6/06
Mark Rosenzweig wrote:

> True, but I think the last nail had more to do with current market
> conditions and the Euro/Dollar conversion rate.
>
> There are few large parks that can justify spending $3-$4 million on a
> Huss Giant Ride for a "down" or "inbetween" season (i.e. CP, PKI). For
> nearly all small to medium sized parks, $3-$4 million is a major year
> install (if they can spend that at all).
>
> Then there are Huss' classic rides (i.e. Top Spin, Enterprise, Pirat).
> They're all built like rocks, but priced high too.
>
> Current market conditions are going to make for rough times for high
> end manufacturers and service providers in any sectar (coasters, flats,
> consulting, etc.)
>
> Just my opinion.

...and what would you know. You're just a jacktard on a newsgroup who
can talk shop.

--CM ;)

Mark Rosenzweig

Aug 6, 2006, 9:50:36 PM8/6/06

Funtype wrote:

> ...and what would you know. You're just a jacktard on a newsgroup who
> can talk shop.

You don't know Jack (as well as some toolz).

-Mark (shop manager and tardleader)