Goliath in the News

Robert Ulrich

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
Goliath Celebrates 1 Million Riders! American Coaster Enthusiasts
Agree: Goliath Is the Hottest Coaster in America

The First Coaster of the Millennium Hits 1 Million Riders in Just Five
Months!

VALENCIA, Calif. (BUSINESS WIRE) - One of the most talked-about roller
coasters of the year hit the 1 million rider mark today as Goliath at
Six Flags Magic Mountain, near Los Angeles, set a new coaster record
for theme-park visitors.
Since Goliath opened in February, coaster enthusiasts and celebrities
from around the country have been making the journey to conquer the
giant among coasters! Here's what they have to say:

"It's awesome ... it's my favorite steel coaster in the world, and
I've been on 300 all over the country ... including Ohio!" David
Escalante, San Francisco

"It's very smooth, very fast, lots of excitement ... It's different
than anything I've ever ridden, and I've ridden 165 different roller
coasters!" -- Lee Colletti, Holland, Pa.

"It is the most amazing roller coaster ... It's absolutely incredible.
I can't wait to go on it again!" actor David Arquette, Los Angeles

"It's the greatest ride I've ever been on ..." Brad Casdorph, Redondo
Beach, Calif.

"Goliath is one of the most incredible roller coasters to have ever
been built. The first drop is awe-inspiring, there's airtime aplenty,
blinding speed, and the helix is like none other with its unrelenting
G forces! It is the `architecture of exhilaration,' a wonderful
masterpiece in steel!" Rachael Riffee, Lake Hughes, Calif.

"Goliath is easily one of the best coasters I have ever been on. The
sheer power of the ride is like nothing else. The helix near the end
of the ride is brilliant. I don't think any other helix can compare to
the one found on Goliath. Six Flags Magic Mountain has yet another
monster hit on their hands with Goliath!" -- Sean Flaharty, Cincinnati

"Goliath is stunningly huge with wickedly powerful yet ultrasmooth
elements, wrapped in a nice tight package." Chris Murray, Valencia,
Calif.

"If you open the dictionary to the word `intense,' there's a picture
of Goliath!" -- Lisa Scheinin, Redondo Beach, Calif.

"The addition of Goliath gives Six Flags Magic Mountain the best
coaster collection in the world ... hands down!" Paul Ruben, North
American editor, Park World Magazine

Towering 255 feet above earth, the massive steel superstructure has
one of the world's tallest drops, and at speeds of 85 miles per hour,
it is one of the fastest roller coasters of the modern day.

Combining traditional coaster thrills with a few new devilish twists,
Goliath sends riders on a three-minute "nonstop" high-speed adventure
over 4,500 feet of steel track with daring "butterflies-in-
your-stomach" plunges, huge sweeping spirals, zero-gravity "floating"
hills and drops, and the 120-foot-long tunnel shrouded in total
darkness for the thrill of a lifetime!

Seated two abreast and strapped into sleek fire-orange trains, riders
climb 26 stories into the sky -- reaching high above the infamous
Colossus and nearing the unrivaled peak of the awesome Superman: The
Escape.

However, the heart-pounding rush begins as riders get their first
glimpse of the beckoning "dime-sized" black hole that awaits the
awesome 255-foot plunge to the ground -- and beyond. The near-vertical
61-degree first drop sends riders racing at speeds of 85 miles per
hour into total darkness, accelerating through the smoke-filled
120-foot-long underground black hole.

As darkness gives way to light, riders emerge at intense speeds as
they race straight up into a giant sweeping turn, where steel coaster
technology meets legendary wooden coaster fame, soaring 100 feet
directly up and over the mighty Colossus! Looming 200 feet in the air,
riders "float" as they pass over a series of breathtaking camelback
hills and ascend into a high-speed spiraling curve, followed by a
carousel dive before turning back into the station.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is owned by Six Flags Theme Parks, part of
Premier Parks Inc., the world's largest regional theme-park company,
with a total of 35 parks in the United States, Europe and Latin
America.

Six Flags parks serve 17 of the 25 largest metropolitan areas in the
United States. The parks annually host more than 45 million guests
worldwide. Premier Parks is a publicly held corporation with corporate
offices in New York and Oklahoma City. The company's stock trades on
the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PKS.

Contact: Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia Andy Gallardo or Amy
Means, 661/255-4817