HoliWood Nights flyer available

1 view

Raven Maven

Jan 6, 2006, 1:53:35 PM1/6/06
We've just added a blind link to our website: holidayworld.com/clubs.

Please take a look if you'd like to learn more about discounts (and our
new event) available to members of our partner clubs.

Thanks, Paula

Paula Werne
Holiday World PR

Rus O

Jan 7, 2006, 8:56:40 AM1/7/06

No, Paula...... Thank YOU, and The Koch's, and the entire staff of
Holiday World, for creating this new event!

My check is in the mail!

Coastin Steve

Jan 7, 2006, 9:23:14 AM1/7/06
Paula
Rus said it in the post before and say it here again.
Thank you and the Koch's for having this event.
I was just wondering.
Are you and HW making any guesses as to what attendance you're
expecting ?
I think I'll be putting this on my "must do" list for the 2006
season.

Coastin Steve

http://community.webtv.net/Coastin_Steve/CoastinStevesHome

steelforce

Jan 7, 2006, 10:03:10 AM1/7/06

Coastin Steve wrote:
> Paula
> Rus said it in the post before and say it here again.
> Thank you and the Koch's for having this event.
> I was just wondering.
> Are you and HW making any guesses as to what attendance you're
> expecting ?

The event will be quite well attended, Paula assured me they'd be
running all 3 trains on the Howler :)

Just kidding

SAM

David H.--REMOVE STOPSPAM to reply

Jan 8, 2006, 5:32:31 AM1/8/06
On 6 Jan 2006 10:53:35 -0800, "Raven Maven" <jpw...@holidayworld.com>
wrote:

That sounds like an amazing event!

I have to admit that I'm SORELY tempted to go! I've been dying to come
back to the wonderful Holiday World.

But I'm probabaly going to wait until next year. I really want to wait
until Voyage has broken in fully. Especially after hearing how much Hades
broke in and sped up after my visit there early in the year. And as much
as I wish I could, I can't afford to visit every year! So, I'll probabaly
wait until the ACE Con next year, which I'm sure will be spectacular, if
the last ACE Con HW hosted was any indication.

Plus, I probabaly should try and be responsible and pay down my massive
credit card debt. Japan certainly wasn't cheap! ;-) Nor is this hobby!

But I did want to take a minute to recognize what an AMAZING deal Holiday
World is offering us with this event!With event rates going up at
astronomic rates, Holiday World offers us a TWO-DAY event with THREE meals
and an amazing NINE hours of ERT -- all for only $36.95!!!.

That is FAR less than most parks charge for a one-day event with at most
one mean and an hour or three of ERT! (I strongly suspect that that's more
ERT than Disney is going to offer ACE for the entire Con, at many, many
times the cost!)

It reminds me about what one ACE EC member said to me about the cost and
benefits provided with the ACE Preservation Con that was in Denver a few
years back. He said, "It's clear which parks really like us."

It's so nice to see a park that loves us as much as we clearly love them!
Let's hope that these events help us all rebuild the wonderful relationship
we've had over the years.

David H, davi...@STOPSPAMbellatlantic.net, Boston, MA
PLEASE remove "STOPSPAM" from my address when replying via e-mail.

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by
the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree
in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support
him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not
to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he
fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is
unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or
anyone else."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

AirtimeJunkie

Jan 8, 2006, 5:51:43 AM1/8/06
This sounds like an awesome event! That is a TON of ERT! Is the park
planning on running every available train on each coaster during the
ERTs? If so, that should make for LOTS of rides!

Thanks to HW for taking the time to plan such a cool event for
enthusiasts...awesome!

Kevin

kevind...@astound.net

Jan 9, 2006, 1:00:49 AM1/9/06
You know I WILL be there!!!! HW has made my wish come true for a record
breaking airtime machine!! :-) Now the only wish that hasn't come true
is a year round schedule with late operating hours (on a normal day)
for a coaster of that extreme quality but HW doesn't have the warm
climate that is needed either! Besides the FACT that HW is the BEST
operated park in the universe and that we can trust them to keep the
ride running as thrilling as possible! And yes that is a FACT! :-)

Mark Rosenzweig

Jan 9, 2006, 10:51:28 AM1/9/06

We're making strong progress, Kev. No more 2AM airtime!$#@$ posts, now
down to midnight. Next week's goal: 11:45PM.

mamoosh

Jan 9, 2006, 11:06:01 AM1/9/06
Mark Rosenzweig wrote:

> We're making strong progress, Kev. No more 2AM airtime!$#@$ posts, now
> down to midnight. Next week's goal: 11:45PM.

How many people will it take to pry Kevin from his seat when ERT ends?

mOOSH

coasterfanatic

Jan 9, 2006, 12:00:35 PM1/9/06
Well Raven and Legend are fully capable of two train operation and more
than likely will run that way. Three train ops are ususally worked up
too even if the control system could do it almost automatic. It still
is rough on a crew.

If anyone can do it in under a month. HW can.

Voyage looks to have a ride time of about 4 minutes start to stop. On
Beast the difference between two and three trains is only about 30
seconds but it does add up and moves the line a lot faster for a long
line.

David H.--REMOVE STOPSPAM to reply

Jan 9, 2006, 4:14:42 PM1/9/06
On 8 Jan 2006 02:51:43 -0800, "AirtimeJunkie" <airtim...@aol.com>
wrote:

I can't imagine HW not running all trains for any enthusiast event.

The only way you won't see all trains running on all coasters during an
event is if there is a mechanical and/or safety reason for them to not do
so.

Raven Maven

Jan 12, 2006, 11:35:55 AM1/12/06
You weren't kidding! Got your check in today's mail. (Thanks.)

Interesting ... the first three registrations arrived this morning. All
are from Massachusetts.

So for those who've emailed asking how many people we expect for
HoliWood Nights...the current number is 4.

Thanks, Paula

HN info: www.holidayworld.com/clubs