This Week's Holiday World 2006 Construction Update Is Up

1 view

Paul Drabek

Jan 28, 2006, 10:56:24 PM1/28/06
Hey All;

I just figured I'd let you all know that I just put up my photos of
the progress on The Voyage as well as Holiday World's Thanksgiving
section from this morning. Head on over to www.negative-g.com and
check them out if you're interested.

Have Fun

Paul Drabek
Raven...@Negative-g.com
Negative-g: www.Negative-g.com
Read My Blog "It's All Downhill From Here" at www.negative-g.com/downhill/

Proud Poster On Rec.Roller-Coaster Since September 27, 1996

Josh Herrington

Jan 28, 2006, 11:15:58 PM1/28/06
Thanks Paul. Great pics as usual!!

~josh

"Paul Drabek" <Raven...@Negative-G.com> wrote in message

NoGodForMe

Jan 29, 2006, 12:26:35 AM1/29/06
Not up.

You may need a better host. Try

www.serverseed.com

You have to realize your web site is going to get hammered.

Plus you don't even have plans to shoot a POV on media day.

C'mon Paul. This is a big event. I already told you to contact the
local news stations. Did you call any of them?

So, you magically think a video camera is going to fall into your lap?

JUST ASK PEOPLE AND THEY'LL HELP.

I seem to think that's why Jews get so far ahead, but that's another
story.
You must not be Jewish, or else you'd have an entire camera crew waiting
to film the ride.

So you're going to get left out, Paul Reuben is going to show up, HW
will welcome him, let him JUMP THE LINE, and get on all the TV
interviews, while you hold your dick watching him.

Yeah, that's what will happen. I can see it now, becuase no one else
care but me.

HW, Can you FLY ME UP THERE FOR MEDIA DAY?

I'm gonna ask. This is getting rediculous. The best fan of the park
has no plans to shoot a POV. Dude, figure it out.

Media day is too late. You need to shoot that POV before that. You
need to be on the testing rides when they let special people on.

Walt Breymier

Jan 29, 2006, 1:02:55 AM1/29/06

What the hell? Did you have some Friday Night beers left over to
combine with the Saturday Night beers this weekend? Or did the tax
refund come in early so you splurged on the 30-pack instead of the
case?

Get a hold of yourself. You're embarrassing your child. Oh, you may
not realise it, but trust us, she's embarrassed.

Every day.

Josh Herrington

Jan 29, 2006, 8:46:57 AM1/29/06

"Walt Breymier" <wa...@camprrc.com> wrote in message

> What the hell? Did you have some Friday Night beers left over to
> combine with the Saturday Night beers this weekend? Or did the tax
> refund come in early so you splurged on the 30-pack instead of the
> case?
>
> Get a hold of yourself. You're embarrassing your child. Oh, you may
> not realise it, but trust us, she's embarrassed.
>
> Every day.

O...M....F....G.... I didn't know he had a kid! I serirously was thinking
this was someone with the mental capacity of a 12 year old always whining
and complaining about his park never getting a big coaster..... I guess you
do learn something new everyday...

~josh

steelforce

Jan 29, 2006, 9:12:27 AM1/29/06

NoGodForMe wrote:

> You have to realize your web site is going to get hammered.

and we all know that only you are allowed to be hammered!

> Plus you don't even have plans to shoot a POV on media day.

Paul respects the people that run the park, he knows that traditionally
a POV is taken by the park for promotional purposes, and that will be
good enough for him.

> HW, Can you FLY ME UP THERE FOR MEDIA DAY?

They only invite people they respect!

greg spalding

Jan 29, 2006, 4:24:17 PM1/29/06
I'll be there 2 days before the media day, and will more than likely get a
POV done. Shame I wont be able to host it till I get back to the UK.
"steelforce" <steel...@aol.com> wrote in message

Raven Maven

Jan 29, 2006, 8:48:14 PM1/29/06
We do not allow cameras of any type on our coasters.

We will provide the media with broadcast-quality POV. It will also be
available on our website once it is shot.

Thank you,

Paula Werne
Holiday World PR

David F

Jan 29, 2006, 9:36:44 PM1/29/06
Ms Werne,

I'm so glad you are on this newsgroup.

Keep reminding the assorted yahoos of the rules.

Let's all make sure the next HW event is not the last!!!

Regards,
David

On 29 Jan 2006 17:48:14 -0800, "Raven Maven"
<jpw...@holidayworld.com> wrote:

Remove NOSPAM to contact me.

Proud to be an Attraction Traveller:
Amusement and Theme Parks
Zoos and Aquaria
Historic Sights
Museums
Urban Centers and Urban Hiking
Unique Commercial Sights
Americana and Kitsch

I know, its a euphemism for "tourist" but I don't care!

kevind...@astound.net

Jan 30, 2006, 1:59:10 AM1/30/06
Hopefully Paula you are planning to fullfill Robert's wishes with that
POV so that we can have peace here! :-)

greg spalding

Jan 30, 2006, 2:59:42 PM1/30/06
Indeed, I was sooooo wrong to assume that it would be ok to take a camera
on!
I always ask. I dont know where my head was at!
"David F" <DocD...@NOSPAMworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
Message has been deleted

steelforce

Feb 2, 2006, 7:01:24 AM2/2/06

greg spalding wrote:
> Indeed, I was sooooo wrong to assume that it would be ok to take a camera
> on!
> I always ask. I dont know where my head was at!

Please remember, Don't ask the ride op if its ok, you need to check the
policy with management. Asking a ride op who may not know all of the
policies, or may simply be "doing you a favor" Is Not Appropriate!
People who KNOW the policy, but still ask a ride op for an exclusion,
(JG) make us all look bad.

Wolf

Feb 2, 2006, 11:31:17 PM2/2/06

Didn't you say during the Eniversal halloween thing that the ride ops were
the ground-level authority and you should listen to them?

--
|\-/|
<0 0>

Dave Althoff, Jr.

Feb 3, 2006, 5:57:38 PM2/3/06
steelforce <steel...@aol.com> wrote:
:

I always ask the ride op. If the policy exists, the op should know about
it. If I go and ask management and management says "yes" it is going to
cause nothing but grief when the op then says "no". I figure the op is
the one most directly responsible for the operation of the ride, and is
there to represent park management for the purposes of running the ride.

Then there was that one time when park management was actually present
at the ride when I asked. I thought it interesting that the area manager
in question actually deferred the decision to the ride foreman on duty.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
/X\ _ _ _*** Ride safely in 2006!! ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\__/XXXXX\/XXXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\_/XXX\_/\_/XXXXXX

Rastus O'Ginga

Feb 4, 2006, 11:50:11 PM2/4/06
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:31:17 -0500, "Wolf" <bill.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Didn't you say during the Eniversal halloween thing that the ride ops were
>the ground-level authority and you should listen to them?

That's only if it is towards me. How else can I always be wrong and
the root of all evil if logic is followed?

Rastus O'Ginga

Winner of the 2nd Annual C. Montgomery Burns Award for
Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.

"What an awful dream, 1s and 0s everywhere... I thought I saw a 2." - Bender

ANTI-BED-WETTING-LIBELRAL DISCLAIMER:
The content of this post, and all previous posts made by this user, is 100%
opinion. Any similarity between this post and the truth is purely
coincidental. Anyone who reads this post and draws conclusions about it is
doing so by their choice. How they use those conclusions to direct their
own lives and opinions from that point forward is absolutely a result of
their own cognitive abilities and is in no way related or legally binded to
this poster. NO individual, business entity, or legal authority should use
the content of this post, or any other post by the originator, in whole, or
in part, to assist in making a decision that could affect the lives of any
of the inhabitants of planet Earth, since the content may not be true.

steelforce

Feb 5, 2006, 6:15:20 AM2/5/06

Dave Althoff, Jr. wrote:
> steelforce <steel...@aol.com> wrote:
> :
> : greg spalding wrote:
> : > Indeed, I was sooooo wrong to assume that it would be ok to take a camera
> : > on!
> : > I always ask. I dont know where my head was at!
> :
> : Please remember, Don't ask the ride op if its ok, you need to check the
> : policy with management. Asking a ride op who may not know all of the
> : policies, or may simply be "doing you a favor" Is Not Appropriate!
> : People who KNOW the policy, but still ask a ride op for an exclusion,
> : (JG) make us all look bad.
>
> I always ask the ride op. If the policy exists, the op should know about
> it. If I go and ask management and management says "yes" it is going to
> cause nothing but grief when the op then says "no". I figure the op is
> the one most directly responsible for the operation of the ride, and is
> there to represent park management for the purposes of running the ride.
>
> Then there was that one time when park management was actually present
> at the ride when I asked. I thought it interesting that the area manager
> in question actually deferred the decision to the ride foreman on duty.
>
> --Dave Althoff, Jr.

But when we KNOW what the policy is, and attempt to get by it, by
asking someone else, hoping for the answer we want....That's Wrong!

Six Flags has a system wide no camera policy, so does Cedar Fair, and
Holiday World. So if you know this and then ask the op, you're wrong.