To My Dearest

Paul Drabek

May 7, 2006, 11:42:07 PM5/7/06
My Darling,

This is a very difficult letter for me to write. From our first moment
together, it seems we have had something special. Through ups and
downs, and all of the twists and turns, the excitement never faded.
Our wonderful days together, our wild nights - what we have had was
special, and I always thought it would last forever.

That is what makes this all the more difficult for me. Over the past
four days, my path has taken a 90 degree turn (several, in fact). At a
recent gathering, I was introduced to someone. Little did I realize
that this meeting would thrill me as even you never have. The highs
and lows I have experienced since then have changed me.

I'm sorry, my dear, but you no longer excite me as once you did. The
spark just isn't there anymore between us. It's nothing you've done
and nothing you haven't done. You have always given me everything I
needed. I guess it's just time for my heart to journey on. It's not
you, it's me. Seasons change, time flows on and I will always be
thankful for the time we had.

I hope that we can still be friends, and that I can stop by and visit
sometimes, but in all other ways, our ship has sailed. It's for the
best, my Raven beauty. My heart belongs to the Voyage now.

Have Fun

Paul
Raven...@Negative-g.com
Negative-g: www.Negative-g.com
The Negative-G Forums: www.Negative-G.com/forum/
Read My Blog "It's All Downhill From Here" at www.negative-g.com/downhill/

Proud Poster On Rec.Roller-Coaster Since September 27, 1996

kipross

May 8, 2006, 1:03:23 AM5/8/06
That whole letter was uber creepy!

/kip :)

steelforce

May 8, 2006, 5:39:25 AM5/8/06

kipross wrote:
> That whole letter was uber creepy!
>

> /kip :)

and they call me a smoocher lol

Coastin Steve

May 8, 2006, 6:56:26 AM5/8/06
Suppose you'll have to change your screen name so your new love won't
get jealous

Coastin Steve

http://community.webtv.net/Coastin_Steve/CoastinStevesHome

Flare

May 8, 2006, 7:41:37 AM5/8/06
Creepy.

Dave

Paul Drabek

May 8, 2006, 8:41:49 AM5/8/06
On Mon, 08 May 2006 11:41:37 GMT, Flare
<spam...@spamHeavySpamMelodyMusi.com> wrote:

>Creepy.
>
>Dave

Awww, Artchick, Aunt Rose and myself all thought you all would get a
laugh out of it.

It was hard riding my ex-#1 coaster this weekend because The Voyage is
just that good. The Raven was running in top form (42 second range)
but it still felt hollow after The Voyage.

Raven Maven

May 8, 2006, 8:42:10 AM5/8/06
Welcome to my world, Dave.

Paula (does anyone know how to get vomit out of a computer keyboard?)

AirtimeJunkie

May 8, 2006, 12:28:12 PM5/8/06

Uhm....I'm speechless.

Kevin

Todd Long

May 8, 2006, 12:43:44 PM5/8/06
On Sun, 07 May 2006 22:42:07 -0500, Paul Drabek
<Raven...@Negative-G.com> wrote:

>I'm sorry, my dear, but you no longer excite me as once you did. The
>spark just isn't there anymore between us. It's nothing you've done
>and nothing you haven't done. You have always given me everything I
>needed. I guess it's just time for my heart to journey on. It's not
>you, it's me. Seasons change, time flows on and I will always be
>thankful for the time we had.
>
>I hope that we can still be friends, and that I can stop by and visit
>sometimes, but in all other ways, our ship has sailed. It's for the
>best, my Raven beauty. My heart belongs to the Voyage now.

Get a room!

A few of my rave reviews...
"what an Idoit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"- Papa...@aol.com 3/27/04

"Sometimes I wonder if some of you are actually
capable of anything other than smart remarks,
flamewars, and comedy............" - Sam M. 5/3/04

"Sadly, I don't think you ever will grow up."
- Daniel W Rouse Jr. 5/4/04

"40 never looked so good!" - Mamoosh 4/8/05

"... dumbass!" - Kevin D. 5/5/05

"I dunno, but you don't add anything to the group
but flames." - Rob Viands 5/8/05

"...your all stupid and live in the same world that
ended." - Steve R Neel 5/26/05

"...vulgar insect he is." - Scooby 6/16/05

"...you guys are mean" - tvdu...@gmail.com 4/16/06

"Your sig is longer than the post." - Rob Viands 5/4/06

Dave Althoff, Jr.

May 8, 2006, 3:45:27 PM5/8/06
Raven Maven <jpw...@holidayworld.com> wrote:
: Welcome to my world, Dave.

:
: Paula (does anyone know how to get vomit out of a computer keyboard?)

Disconnect from computer.
Rinse thoroughly with distilled water.
Spray with disinfectant.
Drain as much as possible.
Allow to air-dry completely before reconnecting. If you are lucky, none
of the keys will stick or fail. If you are unlucky, then you should
invest in a new keyboard.

(Not that I've ever had to clean THAT out of a keyboard, but it works on
such things as coffee, cola, and soup...)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
/X\ _ _ *** Ride carefully! Now open daily! ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\__/XXXXX\/XXXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\_/XXX\_/\_/XXXXXX

KeRu60

May 8, 2006, 4:06:14 PM5/8/06
so you like the bigger woodie, huh?

Ken

Flare

May 8, 2006, 5:39:23 PM5/8/06
Raven Maven wrote:

> Welcome to my world, Dave.

Thanks, Paula...uhm...I think...errrr!

Regarding the keyboard, just sue Drabek for the cost, and definitely add
in damages for all the pain and suffering... ;-)

And incidentally, huge congrats and best of luck for the new season!
Can't wait to fill out another customer satisfaction card in a few
weeks...tee hee.

Dave
- Wondering if Will and Co. has ever read the book "The E-Myth Revisited."

Flare

May 8, 2006, 5:47:19 PM5/8/06
Paul Drabek wrote:

> Awww, Artchick, Aunt Rose and myself all thought you all would get a
> laugh out of it.
>
> It was hard riding my ex-#1 coaster this weekend because The Voyage is
> just that good. The Raven was running in top form (42 second range)
> but it still felt hollow after The Voyage.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/9271/

:-)p

Dave
- "LIGHTNING BOLT... LIGHTNING BOLT... LIGHTNING BOLT"

CoasterHater

May 8, 2006, 9:48:34 PM5/8/06
You need help Paul. You wrote to a coaster like it is your wife or
something. You are a strange puppy indeed.

Bill B.

May 8, 2006, 10:20:12 PM5/8/06
Time for some to take their Risperdal.
:-)

Paul Drabek

May 8, 2006, 10:27:00 PM5/8/06
On 8 May 2006 18:48:34 -0700, "CoasterHater" <coast...@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>You need help Paul. You wrote to a coaster like it is your wife or
>something. You are a strange puppy indeed.

It really blows my mind as to how many people here have no sense of
humor even when I'm poking fun at myself.

Have Fun, really.

Paul Drabek

dkt...@hotmail.com

May 8, 2006, 10:35:29 PM5/8/06
Paul
For what it's worth - I thoroughly enjoyed your "letter". My workmates
probably thought I was going even more crazy as I chuckled out loud.

doug
(who is absolutely green with envy that I won't be getting to HW until
Labor day!)

Wolf

May 8, 2006, 11:37:48 PM5/8/06
> My Darling,
>
> This is a very difficult letter for me to write. From our first moment
> together, it seems we have had something special. Through ups and
> downs, and all of the twists and turns, the excitement never faded.
> Our wonderful days together, our wild nights - what we have had was
> special, and I always thought it would last forever.
>
> That is what makes this all the more difficult for me. Over the past
> four days, my path has taken a 90 degree turn (several, in fact). At a
> recent gathering, I was introduced to someone. Little did I realize
> that this meeting would thrill me as even you never have. The highs
> and lows I have experienced since then have changed me.
>
> I'm sorry, my dear, but you no longer excite me as once you did. The
> spark just isn't there anymore between us. It's nothing you've done
> and nothing you haven't done. You have always given me everything I
> needed. I guess it's just time for my heart to journey on. It's not
> you, it's me. Seasons change, time flows on and I will always be
> thankful for the time we had.
>
> I hope that we can still be friends, and that I can stop by and visit
> sometimes, but in all other ways, our ship has sailed. It's for the
> best, my Raven beauty. My heart belongs to the Voyage now.
>
> Have Fun
>
> Paul

Knew you'd leave her for a younger chick.

--
|\-/|
<0 0>

Mark Rosenzweig

May 8, 2006, 11:43:36 PM5/8/06

Wolf wrote:
ul

> Knew you'd leave her for a younger chick.

Dude, this chick's got wood. Held up with some galvanized steel.

adamf...@gmail.com

May 9, 2006, 12:01:56 AM5/9/06
Dave, that's good to know. From the sounds of things a lot of
enthusiasts are making a mess of their keyboards with Voyage POV
showing.

Adam

adam....@gmail.com

May 9, 2006, 1:33:44 PM5/9/06
Paula, BEST POST OF THE YEAR! Bravo!

See you in a few weeks...

Live to Ride,
Adam "living in a world of tools" Revesz

kipross

May 9, 2006, 9:35:14 PM5/9/06
Flare wrote:

<< http://www.devilducky.com/media/9271/ >>

My favorite part is the little nerd girl, at the end, who just bursts
into clapping fit.

/kip

Locoboy5150

May 14, 2006, 5:27:12 AM5/14/06
Hehe, funny post Paul!

Sometimes it's hard to accept the facts when your once all time favorite
coaster has been knocked down a notch or two. I've felt the same way a
few times over the years.

Paul Drabek

May 21, 2006, 3:36:34 PM5/21/06

Its more than a notch or two. The Raven and Legend feel like kiddie
coasters compared to The Voyage (which is speeding up quite nicely).

mforcemaniac

Jun 3, 2006, 9:57:06 PM6/3/06
Uggh...you've got to flaunt it in front of everyone don't you Paul?
I've been "single" since they changed the restraints on the force. Ah
well, Phoenix will have to do. See ya at PPP this year!

-Nate