Channel 2-13 question

Bob Miller

Feb 10, 2008, 9:31:23 AM2/10/08
When all the TV stations go digital in 2009, will I still be able to
pick up the audio for channels 2-13 on my CCRadio? Or will that part
of my radio become obsolete?

Bob
k5qwg

dxAce

Feb 10, 2008, 9:44:05 AM2/10/08

Bob Miller wrote:

Obsolete. It's all moving.

David

Feb 10, 2008, 11:09:08 AM2/10/08

Any LPTVs on VHF will still be audible. The big stations will be gone.

Doug Smith W9WI

Feb 10, 2008, 12:35:57 PM2/10/08

It will probably become obsolete.

Low-power stations (that's a special class of license, it doesn't
necessarily refer to the transmitter power) are not bound by the 2009
deadline. However, the FCC *will* set a deadline for them eventually and
I strongly suspect it will be within a year of the deadline for regular
stations. In any case, unless you live in an isolated rural area, chances
are none of the stations you want to listen to have low-power licenses.

The regular stations aren't necessarily abandoning their VHF channels.
(though many are) However, they are all converting to digital
transmission. Your CCRadio will not receive digital signals.

David

Feb 10, 2008, 12:56:45 PM2/10/08
LPTV means low power TV. I've never seen one above 150 kW below the
horizon, 6 kW at the horizon.

WPE9JRL

Feb 10, 2008, 9:25:08 PM2/10/08
Take heart, your radio will not be obsolete.

Once the FCC auctions off all that valuable spectrum, it will be purchased
by Bill Gates and his cronies for Billion$$$...

Then, your radio will pick up all the wonderful wireless crap that they will
market to the public for more useless gadgets.

"Bob Miller" <NOS...@neosoft.com> wrote in message

RHF

Feb 10, 2008, 9:58:51 PM2/10/08
On Feb 10, 6:31 am, Bob Miller <NOS...@neosoft.com> wrote:
-
- When all the TV stations go digital in 2009, will I still be
- able to pick up the audio for channels 2-13 on my CCRadio?
-
- Or will that part of my radio become obsolete?
-
- Bob
- k5qwg
-

Bob [K5QWG] One Word : "NO" & {Yes} ~ RHF

NO = The VHF-TV Channels 2-13 Analog Broadcast
including the Audio {TV-Sound} will be Gone.

{Yes} - The TV-Sound Part of your CCRadio will be Obsolete.
.
CAUTION : This Post Has Not Been 'Approved' by Telamon.
-ps- So Read It Only -If- You Are "Clueless".
.

Message has been deleted

dxAce

Feb 10, 2008, 10:59:42 PM2/10/08

cuh...@webtv.net wrote:

> What will happen to CB radio?

'Eduardo' will finally be granted an official license by the Ecuadorian
Government and will be talking to truckers in shower stalls all across the
continental USA.

David

Feb 11, 2008, 9:11:26 AM2/11/08
WPE9JRL wrote:
> Take heart, your radio will not be obsolete.
>
> Once the FCC auctions off all that valuable spectrum, it will be purchased
> by Bill Gates and his cronies for Billion$$$...
>
> Then, your radio will pick up all the wonderful wireless crap that they will
> market to the public for more useless gadgets.

That ain't going to happen. The spaces between stations cannot be used
willy-nilly due to the fact that digital TVs have crappy front ends and
will freeze-up in the presence of adjacent channel doodads.

RHF

Feb 11, 2008, 2:11:14 PM2/11/08
On Feb 11, 6:11 am, David <noth...@nowhere.org> wrote:
> WPE9JRL wrote:
> > Take heart, your radio will not be obsolete.
>
> > Once the FCC auctions off all that valuable spectrum, it will be purchased
> > by Bill Gates and his cronies for Billion$$$...
>
> > Then, your radio will pick up all the wonderful wireless crap that they will
> > market to the public for more useless gadgets.
-
- That ain't going to happen.
- The spaces between stations cannot be used willy-nilly
- due to the fact that digital TVs have crappy front ends and
- will freeze-up in the presence of adjacent channel doodads.
-

David,

How ever the FCC could usse two of the 'Old' Analog
TV Channels to -= E X P A N D =- the FM Radio Band !

Yes "Expanding" the FM Radio Band makes sense
to cover 76 MHz to 88 MHz to create and additional
60 'new' FM Radio Channels.

This can be done by 'converting' the former Analog TV
Channel 5 & 6 to an "Expanded" FM Radio Band.

Digital "HD" TV with Multi-Channel in Channel Broadcasting
will now have UHF Channels 14 to 69 which is 55 Channels.

But with any where from 1 to 4 Digital Sub-Channels nested
[HDTV-2~5] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_subchannel
in each HDTV Channel that would give at least 110 separate
HDTV BroadcastChannels and possibly up to 550.

Presently many PBS HDTV Stations in the USA Broadcast :
* Daytime 6 AM ~ 6 PM = Four SD-TV {Analog} Channels
* Nightime 6 PM ~ 12 Midnight = One HDTV plus One SD-TV

it's a 'vision' thing ~ RHF
.

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 11, 2008, 5:36:48 PM2/11/08
Study: DTV Switch May Rob Millions of Signals. www.tvpredictions.com

I say there will be another ''Katrina'' next year, but it will happen
all over America then.

Seeeeee,,,, seeeeee how fed govt is setting up America for martial law!

Wal Mart now is selling DTV converters for $49.00, according to an
article at TV Predictions.
cuhulin

m II

Feb 11, 2008, 7:08:29 PM2/11/08

Doesn't your radio get wet in there? Your co driver must shield it for you with
his bathing cap.

mike

dxAce

Feb 11, 2008, 7:44:34 PM2/11/08

You must be thinking of one of those lumber truck drivers that you service.

m II

Feb 11, 2008, 8:22:13 PM2/11/08
dxAce wrote:

> I'm a logging camp prostitute II wrote:

The Wit and Wisdom of Steve Lare, aka dxAce,
Supreme Commander United Michigan Militias
(Updated regularly):

I ain't white, but unlike you, I dislike no one...

I just asked you to have the cunt send me a letter, boy.

Hit the road, drug addled fool.

Be sure to tell the bitch to send me that letter, faggot!

get your bitch *daughter* to send me a letter

Have the bitch send me the letter!

Hey, have the bitch send me a letter

Have the bitch send me a f00kin letter!

I'll be waiting for that letter from your *daughter*, asshole!

Hey, little pussy boy, we spell it "cunt" out here, just like I think I
spelled it originally, boy.

If I don't get that letter, boy, then you and your *daughter* must
both be drunk, eh?

Finally shut you up, eh boy?

Have the bitch send me a letter on whatever letterhead YOU might make up.

Ain't that just speshul! He's got to go find somewun to fake him a lettter.

Have the bitch send me a letter on her firms letterhead, boy.

Great, then get your bitch *daughter* to send me a letter on her firms
letterhead within the next two weeks!

Guess that shut the little boy up!

Stuff it up your prancing ass, 'Tardo!

You dumb sand niggers (sorry, I categorize ya all this way) need to
understand that you need to get your collective shit together...

I'm LMFAO, since I've busted the f00kin faggot!

You are after all a drug addled 'tard boy who
obviously knows little about the SWL/DX hobby.

Go blow some IBO Cock, and leave the real radio hobbyists alone, OK?

Let the faggot boy prove it!

LMFAO at the f00kin faggot

Yes, I am witty, and I am wise!

Yes, I learn more and more with each passing day!

Lying 'tard boy, much like the other debutante, malcontent, faux boys
who inhabit the lace we call RRS.

You, on the other hand are nothing more than a sorry little
homosexual 'tard

Liar, liar, pantalunes on fire! (1)

New history will be made when we crush CanaDuh!

Kan you just imagining that, you little faggot Cannucky boy?

Anybody, even Bozo, is worth more than some dumbass, faggot, Canuck!

Wonder why.... could it be that the Canucky Niggah is timid, afraid...?

Get busy, boy!

But you can't prove it, retard boy!

I know you faggots have dreams

Blow it out your ass, you dumbass Canadian! You and the rest of your
dumbass countrymen, and women too!

You'd not be very happy if I returned, little bitch boy!

Go get some IBOCock, 'tard boy, and bring home a taste for yer mama.

If you'd like to call me, I'm here to help you until 0330 GMT at:
616 335-9762
dxAce
Michigan
USA

Go give your boyfriend a blow job!

Talk about misery, you're in f00kin CanaDuh, boy!

Something for your faux Hispanic cock sucking brain to think about, eh?

Or better yet, go get yourself some IBO Cock!

Poor little cocksucker just had it handed to him

Damn, the Canucky Niggah didn't have a damn thing to say...

Eh? You sum dumass Canucuy bithyboy...

As long as it screws you Canucks, I'm a happy camper!

They are mere asswipes, suitable for flushing.

That's because you're a fucking liar!

Cry me a f00kin river.

Awwwww... the poor whiny dumbass Canuck is back at it again today.

Huh... you be just another stupid white boy outta Cleveland...
I suggest you get together with your "significant other" and bump butt
with each other,

Because I hate White Boy Canucks who suck cock...

Best you shuffle down the alley! That's what your mama wanted!

Crazy Retarded Australian People?

"Even 2 cents is more than a totally worthless Canuck"

Funny how the US Govt. sent me over $50,000 last year

You can preDICK all you want, you fraudulent cock sucking,
pathologically lying old bastard boy!

Hey, dumbfuck Canuck, I was not asked to leave!

I went and bought ammo... I still gots it case them tard boys such as
edweena gets stirred up.

And 10,000 rounds isn't a lot.

It was Russian ammo. I don't like the Chinese stuff.

That's not Canuckian, boy!

Kiss my ass, pedant!

I'm LMFAO, Mr. Gay-Lick!

Obfuscate, you little prancer!

LMAO at the 'tard.

Thing is, you 'tards are pretty fixated upon one set of parameters.
That is after all why you are considered to be 'tards!

As always, your head is up your f00kin ass.

You fuckin' Liberal asswipes are always ready to give somebodys else's
goodies away...

And, hopefully, my dumbass cousin in Mill Valley will leave me her
Corvette.

Obviously, you leep your head up your f00kin ass all day long.

I don't 'fear' homos, oh faux one!

Liar, liar, pantalunes on fire! (2)

Apparently you are the 'bendover boy'....

Do you spit or swallow?

Oh, I certainly have, time after time.

At least I went farther than you!

Good lubricant for you and the boys?

It's what dxAce uses!

that's good enough for me!

"One can never slide the BS by dxAce"

Not as well as you, fudge pack.

Go for it, dumbass!

Oh come on... it's Fall forward and Spring back. Everyone knows that!

Hit the road, drug addled fool.

Hey, I love kickin' gay-lick ass!

Pretty much what I indicated to you a while back, you f00kin prancer.

The only thing you know about short wave is that that is what your
mother gave you when she sent your f00kin ass packin' outta Cleveland.

Screw the drug addled retards.

Nah, I only attack the messenger when he/she/it is
obviously drug addled.

So, beat the rush and get the hell off of RRS, you f00kin retard.

Well, in you, we have a drug addled retard in our midst.

Get over it, you fake Hispanic piece of excrement.

And when you do confront HD, you'll have Cocksucker Dave and
The Prancer Boys to thank for it.

Damn... I'm of mixed race ancestry myself, what ever should I do?

Next time we come over the pond once again to save your sorry ass's
we'll have to dismantle that stuff.

Heck, I bought 1000 shares of FSEAX the other day.

Don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company,
in particular a fellow named Joseph Klein.

Not at all, we are both Miami Indians. ya got a problem with that, boy?

Ya right, suck my dick...

Believe it, it's like a dream to be with you again...

Then hit the road, you drug addled retard.

Just like you wish that you worked for me, retard!

Proven time and time again, fudge pack.

Get it, retard?

Dey done unnerstannn that us nateev boyyys R real Mericans!

I sure he is.

Insert your Gay-Lick reply here, boy:

And yet another Liberal rant

Sorry, I'm not a racist like you, Edweenie...

Nah, he was fake little cock sucker like you!

Your pathological lying is an offense to me, and more than likely an
offense to God as well.

No medications here, cock sucker boy..

Stuff a watermelon up it

But that stuff isn't what dxAce uses!

Come on now, you being a nice Liberal, Carbon Footprint, Al Gore, Cock
Sucking kinda Canuck Bastard..

I won R plantation up nord, dat dem dum ass Canuckys be oween us, ya be
'standin me?

CanaDuh is stupidity!

Stupid little pussy faggot!

Liar, liar, pantalunes on fire! (3)

Mr. Edweenie, the forces of Good are gonna come visit your sorry fake
Hispanic White Boy Ass if you keep it up!

Pay attention, cock sucker...

LMFAO as I sit and look at my royalty cheques...

You've done this before, cock sucker...

LMFAO at yet another dumb friggin Canuck..

I know it may be hard, but as you withdraw, it will shrink away..

Oh damn, I guess we pissed another wanker off, Cuz..

I get my ride be fixed, I be cruisin to be givin ya da shake, yu be
knowin, eh?

Try again, shithead.....

Dem Canucky boyz are dumaz rasissts..

We gone be sen u to sumplac bad boy... u be so bad weben the reel
Canuckys won wan u.

Fookin bustards! Like Edweenie!

Best you wake up soon... fookin retard leetle beetch..

Fookin 'retard.

It is then my patriotic friend, you must reach in the closet,
place your hands upon the weapon, and blow the cock sucking,
bean blower back into Mary's arms....

Indeed, I'm now at WAR with Canuckistan..

May the Great Spirit help the hapless bastards.

Actually VA facilities are quite good, but if you Canucky niggahs poke
around one might find a lot of things wrong.

At any rate, I'd bet it beats the Canucky Third World state of care...

CanaDuh sucks...

Wanna go to war, shit head?

Think you might win? Think you got a chance?

If you don't... I'd keep my fookin Canucky mouth shut, boy...

Meanwhile, I plan for the Spring campaign, looking forward to the
Blind River Massacre.

I collect stamps!

Doug Smith W9WI

Feb 12, 2008, 11:13:51 AM2/12/08
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:11:14 -0800, RHF wrote:
> How ever the FCC could usse two of the 'Old' Analog
> TV Channels to -= E X P A N D =- the FM Radio Band !
>
> Yes "Expanding" the FM Radio Band makes sense
> to cover 76 MHz to 88 MHz to create and additional
> 60 'new' FM Radio Channels.
>
> This can be done by 'converting' the former Analog TV
> Channel 5 & 6 to an "Expanded" FM Radio Band.
>
> Digital "HD" TV with Multi-Channel in Channel Broadcasting
> will now have UHF Channels 14 to 69 which is 55 Channels.

After analog TV is shut down (in one year and seven days...) digital TV
will operate in channels 2-51. Channels 52-69 are being - in some cases
have already been - sold for other services. For example, channel 55 has
already been sold to Qualcomm for their "MediaFLO" service. (being sold
to consumers as Verizon's "V-Cast") Channels 2-13 are remaining in TV
service, and nearly 500 stations plan to use VHF channels for their
permanent DTV operations.

I do think the 54-88MHz "low-band" could be potentially *shared* between
radio and digital TV broadcasting. Only 38 stations plan to use these
channels for their permanent DTV operations, and Butte, Montana is the
only city where more than one channel in this range will be used. 54-88MHz
could be authorized for radio on a secondary basis to existing digital TV
stations and a co-primary basis to new DTV service.

But I don't think the NAB would ever allow any scheme that would create
new stations. They fought LPFM tooth-and-nail - but not satellite-fed FM
translators which are actually *more* likely to cause interference than
LPFM. (but don't create new stations as they simply relay something that
already exists) Anything that would use 54-88MHz spectrum to create new
radio stations would be shot down by lobbyists.