Identifying GE Superadio model

Ronald

Mar 2, 2003, 12:08:38 AM3/2/03
I bought two new GE Superadios at a garage sale each with a little
white tag in the battery chamber marked 7-2887, serial numbers 0212357
and 0023314, date code 6236 RA and 6848BRA . Are these Superadios I,
II or III. One is tagged "speaker bad" the other "bad volume
control". Both are missing the battery cover in back. Does anyone
have a schematic. and advise on repairing the radios.

Brenda Ann

Mar 2, 2003, 12:14:16 AM3/2/03
How many speakers do they have? Do they have rounded cabinets or more
squared off ones?

Superadio 1's are marked Superadio and have only one speaker and a squarish
cabinet.
Superadio 2's are marked Superadio II and have a woofer and a tweeter, and a
squarish cabinet.
Superadio 3's are marked Superadio III and have a woofer and a tweeter and a
rounded cabinet shape.

Superadio 1 and 2 are quite a bit heavier and better constructed than the
3's.

"Ronald" <malib...@verizon.net> wrote in message

J Rob

Mar 2, 2003, 12:52:32 AM3/2/03
>Superadio 3's are marked Superadio III

My Super 3 is just marked Super Radio. Has rounded corners and a model number
of 7-2887A. RM~

Jim Menning

Mar 2, 2003, 2:20:39 AM3/2/03

"Ronald" <malib...@verizon.net> wrote in message

7-2880 is the Superadio (original)

7-2885 is the Superadio II

7-2887 is the Superadio III

7-2882 is known as the Superadio Digital, although was not labeled as a "Superadio".

Technically, there is no model "Superadio I". That distinction is given to the original
Superadio as being the first in the series, and only became known as Superadio I after the
successor, the Superadio II came out.

The 7-2882 is the GE radio with the same knob and switch positions as the Superadio, but
has a keypad and digital display instead of a tuning knob and analog dial.

jim menning

RHF

Mar 2, 2003, 6:39:43 AM3/2/03
Malibu Ron,

Here are three LINKS for the 'Links' Section of the Superadio III
eGroup at YAHOO!.

1. Super Radios by G.E.
Several Photos of the GE Superadio I, II, and III also the Digital
Superadio and the 'rare' Superadio "8" What ?
http://cheryldrake_1.tripod.com/Grundig/id14.html

2. The 'rare' GE Model # 3-6015A
GE Super Radio II with a Cassette. Plus several other Quasi-Superadios
http://cheryldrake_1.tripod.com/Grundig/id15.html

3. GE Superadio Photos
Here are photos of the various models.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5792/receiverphotos.htm

Here is a LINK to the "Superadio III" eGroup at YAHOO!.

Here is a LINK to the "LongRange" (GE Superadio Group For
Connoisseurs) eGroup at YAHOO!.

The Grundig S350 will become . . .
The Next Generation of SUPER RADIO for the New Millennium.

= = = Visit and 'Take-A-Look' at the = = =
= = "NEW" Grundig S350 eGroup at YAHOO! = =
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grundig-S-350/

IMHO: The Grundig S350 may be what everyone was 'hoping' a
GE-Superadio-IV was going to be. Grundig-USA may have got the jump
on GE-Thomson CE (FR).

? ? ? ? ? The Question for Me Remains ? ? ? ? ?

? In China (PRC) which Manufacturing Plant
(Factory) is the GE Superadio III made in ?

? City and State/Province?

? Who Owns this Chinese Factory/Plant?

? ANY ? ONE ? KNOW ?

~ RHF
-o/m- "Grundig-S-350" eGroup at YAHOO !

= = = malib...@verizon.net (Ronald) wrote in message
= = = news:<bed47a69.03030...@posting.google.com>...

Lenny

Mar 2, 2003, 7:53:33 AM3/2/03
Which Superadio is considered the best performer?
Lenny

RHF

Mar 2, 2003, 1:47:21 PM3/2/03
"Lenny" <le...@netcarrier.com> wrote in message news:<9Dm8a.1604$Zh2.56...@news.netcarrier.net>...

BEST of the Breed of the GE Superradio:

IMHO: GE Superadio II (GE Model # 7-2885)

+ + + Original Superadio Shape and Styling

+ + + Original Variable Capacitor Tuning

+ + + Plus Two Speakers for Richer Sound

Here is a "Make A Shorter Link" URL Key.
GoTo=> http://makeashorterlink.com/?S3CC267A3

SR-II GE SUPERADIO II
General Electric Model # 7-2885
Speakers 5" and 1".
Single Band Width.
Knobs are Chrome color including the bases.
Size 13"W - 9"H - 3.25"D.
Badging: General (GE) Electric "SUPERADIO II" on the speaker grill.
Made in MALAYSIA from 1987 until 1994.

RHF

Mar 2, 2003, 2:02:53 PM3/2/03
Lenny,

Here is a Link to a nice looking GE Superadio II currently on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3011041424&category=296

eBay Auction Item # 3011041424

~ RHF

= = = "Lenny" <le...@netcarrier.com> wrote in message news:<9Dm8a.1604
= = = $Zh2.56...@news.netcarrier.net>...

Jim Menning

Mar 3, 2003, 10:24:02 PM3/3/03

"RHF" <rhf-...@usa.com> wrote in message

> IMHO: The Grundig S350 may be what everyone was 'hoping' a
> GE-Superadio-IV was going to be. Grundig-USA may have got the jump
> on GE-Thomson CE (FR).

The GE superadio has a loyal following for two reasons:

1---Performance
2---Audio Quality

Even if the new Grundig is a good performer, it can never have the volume and quality of
sound that the GE has. The GE speaker grille is larger than the entire Grundig radio.

jim menning

Jim Menning

Mar 3, 2003, 10:33:34 PM3/3/03
Sorry RHF--I may have jumped the gun on this. I used the dimensions given in the link
below, then looked at the picture of the radio, and found the measurements given could not
possibly be right. Then I checked the Grundig site and found the true dimensions. I
still think it would be tough for the Grundig to sound as good as the GE, but I now will
wait until I try them both side-by-side before making further conjectures.

jim menning

"Jim Menning" <jmen...@new.rr.com> wrote in message