FM Radio DXing Tools

RHF

Oct 28, 2007, 7:20:02 AM10/28/07
FM Radio DXing Tools
DXFM => http://www.dxfm.com/Content/tools.htm
* The FM Antenna
* Advanced FM Antenna Techniques
* The FM Receiver
* RDS (Radio Data Service) and the FM Digital Signal
* FM DX Radio Shack Shots {Photos}
* A Few Last FM Dxing Thoughts

Introduction to FM Broadcasting and FM Band DXing
http://www.dxfm.com/Content/intro.htm

FM Radio DXing - Tricks of the Trade
http://www.dxfm.com/Content/tricks.htm

-Source- DXFM . Com -Website- http://www.dxfm.com/
-by Girard Westerberg, Lexington, KT -USA-

Worldwide TV-FM DX Association
http://www.wtfda.org/index.php
http://www.anarc.org/wtfda/

fm magic ~ RHF
.

Pocke...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2007, 2:41:19 PM10/28/07
On Oct 28, 6:20?am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> FM Radio DXing Tools
> DXFM =>http://www.dxfm.com/Content/tools.htm
> * The FM Antenna
> * Advanced FM Antenna Techniques
> * The FM Receiver
> * RDS (Radio Data Service) and the FM Digital Signal
> * FM DX Radio Shack Shots {Photos}
> * A Few Last FM Dxing Thoughts
>
> Introduction to FM Broadcasting and FM Band DXinghttp://www.dxfm.com/Content/intro.htm
>
> FM Radio DXing - Tricks of the Tradehttp://www.dxfm.com/Content/tricks.htm
>
> -Source- DXFM . Com -Website-http://www.dxfm.com/

> -by Girard Westerberg, Lexington, KT -USA-
>
> Worldwide TV-FM DX Associationhttp://www.wtfda.org/index.phphttp://www.anarc.org/wtfda/

> fm magic ~ RHF
> .

Note: If trying to listen to local FM-HD stations, one will need
externally-mounted FM-dipole antennas to "DX" these local signals.

David

Oct 28, 2007, 5:32:33 PM10/28/07

You should have one anyway.

dxsa...@myisp.com

Oct 28, 2007, 4:50:42 PM10/28/07

Whether he needs one or not? What if he has a nice beam on a rotor -
should he take that down and put up a dipole?

David

Oct 28, 2007, 6:00:22 PM10/28/07

Log-periodic on a rotor perhaps...

I meant that FM is better with a proper antenna.

Pocke...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2007, 7:38:32 PM10/28/07
On Oct 28, 5:00?pm, David <rick...@knac.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:50:42 -0700, dxsav...@myisp.com wrote:

> >>You should have one anyway.
>
> >Whether he needs one or not? What if he has a nice beam on a rotor -
> >should he take that down and put up a dipole?
>
> Log-periodic on a rotor perhaps...
>
> I meant that FM is better with a proper antenna.- Hide quoted text -

Like general consumers are going to that much trouble for lousy FM
radiom that doesn't offer personalized music services such as
slacker.com and pandora.com.

RHF

Oct 29, 2007, 5:41:45 AM10/29/07

- lousy FM radiom that doesn't offer personalized music
- services such as slacker.com and pandora.com.

Pocket Radio - DOH ! - 'general consumers' - Double DOH ! !

Reality Check - This is a 'Radio Enthusiast' Forum and just about
everyone who read and/or Posts to the Rec.Radio.Shortwave
Newsgroup is a DXer of some sort.

-Hello- "General {Radio} Consumers" We Ain't !

This Newsgroup Is About :

All Things Shortwave Radio to include Listening to : International
Shortwave Radio Broadcasts; Amateur/Ham Radio, Utility Signals,
etc, Etc. ETC !

Plus AM/MW Radio DXing

Also FM Radio DXing

Including What We Hear With Our Own Ears On-The-Radio

IMHO - Any DXer worthy of being called a DXer uses an
External Antenna along with their Radio/Receiver to Hear
the Distant (DX) Signal that They are After.

Pocket Radio - Internet Radio Ain't Radio -and- It Sure Ain't DXing
[.]

pocket radio - do you 'dx' ? ~ RHF
your posts suggest that you are just a 'slacker' want to be . . .
living in a self-made 'pandora' of virtual '.com' reality
.

Pocke...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2007, 9:22:06 AM10/29/07

RHF

Oct 29, 2007, 10:00:27 AM10/29/07

- http://www.dangerousbeauty.org/Shut%20the%20fuck%20up!!.jpg

Pocket Radio,

Posting your self-portrait doesn't help your argument.

~ RHF
.

David

Oct 30, 2007, 10:31:48 AM10/30/07
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:38:32 -0700, Pocke...@gmail.com wrote:

>Like general consumers are going to that much trouble for lousy FM
>radiom that doesn't offer personalized music services such as
>slacker.com and pandora.com.

That's not raqdio, Sparky. You need a POS computer to get it to work.

IBOCcrock

Oct 30, 2007, 2:30:11 PM10/30/07
On Oct 30, 10:31 am, David <rick...@knac.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:38:32 -0700, PocketRa...@gmail.com wrote:
> >Like general consumers are going to that much trouble for lousy FM
> >radiom that doesn't offer personalized music services such as
> >slacker.com and pandora.com.
>
> That's not raqdio, Sparky. You need a POS computer to get it to work.

Slacker is coming out with a portable version and Pandora is already
on Sprint cell phones, ready to be streamed in-dash via Ford's new
standard/optional Sync - LOL HD Radio!

RHF

Oct 30, 2007, 5:37:29 PM10/30/07
On Oct 30, 11:30 am, IBOCcrock <ibocisacr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 10:31 am, David <rick...@knac.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:38:32 -0700, PocketRa...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >Like general consumers are going to that much trouble for lousy FM
> > >radiom that doesn't offer personalized music services such as
> > >slacker.com and pandora.com.
>
> > That's not raqdio, Sparky. You need a POS computer to get it to work.

- Slacker is coming out with a portable version and Pandora is
- already on Sprint cell phones, ready to be streamed in-dash
- via Ford's new standard/optional Sync - LOL HD Radio!

IBOC Crock - DOH ! - What's the 'Average' Battery Life of a
Cellphone ?
- - - 'Content' Over A Cellphone - Ain't "Free" Over-the-Air Radio

Plus when I am 'listening' to a Radio : I usually don't Answer
a Telephone Ring - The Telephone Is Not My Master [.]
-and- Having my 'Content' interupted by a Cellphone Call
Ain't What I Call Relaxation and Enjoyment.

Being 'Connected' and On-Call 24/7 - Is Not Life :
It is 'Being' a Pavlovian Dog in the Rat-Race of Life.

simply relax and enjoy listening to the
'free' over-the-air radio - now that's life ~ RHF
.