West Coast reception of East Coast BCB's

VegasNightOwl

Jul 30, 2010, 3:46:24 AM7/30/10
Has anybody on the west coast, west of of the Rockies in general terms, been
able to copy any east coast powerhouse BCB's stations like WLW, KDKA, WSM,
etc.? One time a few years ago I copied WLW on the car radio at 11PM,
caught the ID and the program after the news. I seem to be limited now with
reception from the east as I'm copying more Spanish speaking stations,
either from Mexico or U.S. based stations.

By the way, is IBOC still around or did it finally die off?

VegasNightOwl

RHF

Jul 30, 2010, 6:26:31 AM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 12:46 am, "VegasNightOwl" <joshuatreescorp...@cox.net>
wrote:

VNO,

WLW-AM on 700 kHz at 50KW is an example of
how the old Clear Channel AM/MW Radio Stations
are not-so-clear channel and now only have a
'protected' broadcast zone or 750 {Air} MIles.

FCC AM Query = 137 Records for 700 kHz
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?state=&call=&arn=&city=&freq=700&fre2=700&type=0&facid=&class=&list=1&dist=&dlat2=&mlat2=&slat2=&NS=N&dlon2=&mlon2=&slon2=&EW=W&size=9

KDKA 1020 kHz
{FCC has 200+ Records for 1020 kHz}

WSM 650 kHz
{FCC has 136+ Records for 650 kHz}

Maybe you need a Remote Desert DXing Spot :
-Note- Do your Scouting and Set-Up during the
Day and come back around Twilight to start your
DXing.
-Tip- Dress for the Desert and being outdoors.
Boots & Hat + Water, etc.

In Nevada find yourself a one of those long gently
sloping valleys that seam to go on forever . . .

Drive far out into the desert, or at lease a few
miles away from anything man-made.

Get on the western-side of the valley with the
down ward slope facing toward the Eastern Sky.

Run an Insulated Stranded Wire along the Desert
Floor for 100, 200, 500 or 1000 Feet; usually the
longer the better. Point this Wire toward :
CHI ~ 70*
NYC ~ 80*
Shot-the-Middle for Due East @ 90*
ATL ~ 100*
MIA ~ 120*
{your choice}

-Tip- Use a Map and Compass to figure where
you want your Wire to run to hit your Target
Area {City/State} of Reception.

Put a 4-Foot Ground Rod at the far-eastern-end
and Strip an Inch or two of the Insulation from the
End and Attach the Wire to the Ground Rod using
a Clamp.

-Alternative- Use a 1-Watt Resistor between the
end for the Wire and the Ground Rod : 220 Ohm;
330 Ohm; 470 Ohm; 620 Ohm; 750 Ohm; and
910 Ohm. Pick and choose a Resistor to see
what works best for you with this Antenna at
your location. -OR- Don't connect the Wire to
the Ground Rod and see what you hear.

Take a 5-Gallon Jeep Can full of Water and Soak*
the Ground for about a foot or two around the
Ground Rod; use all of the Water.
* Do this to the Ground each time you use
the Antenna for the Night.

At the near-western-end of the Wire Strip back
the Insulation and connect to your AM Radio
or your Car's Whip Antenna.

It is Import to "Mark" this Near-Western-End
Location very well so that you can Find "It" in
the Twilight when you come back : Painted
Stake, Reflectors, Piled Rocks; all three.

Beverage On Ground [BOG] Antenna
http://www.am-dx.com/antenna_overview.htm
-and- http://www.qsl.net/wb5ude/bog/

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
.
.

dave

Jul 30, 2010, 3:23:04 PM7/30/10

When I was a kid in Phoenix the Class As had the whole country to
themselves. I could get WBZ, WLS, KDKA, WSM, KWKH, WHO, etc. just fine.
The FCC decided to destroy AM radio at night about 20 years ago.

You should be able to get KOA 850, KSL 1150 and KOKC 1520.

dave

Jul 30, 2010, 3:31:46 PM7/30/10
RHF wrote:

> -Tip- Use a Map and Compass to figure where
> you want your Wire to run to hit your Target
> Area {City/State} of Reception.

A map? Are you sure? Unless you have a great circle map centered at
your receive site you'll have better luck with a globe and a string.

ai8o

Jul 30, 2010, 2:37:33 PM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 3:46 am, "VegasNightOwl" <joshuatreescorp...@cox.net>
wrote:

I am on the East Coast, and have the same problem in reverse.

I heard KSL once while parked at the beach in Florida, otherwise I
have heard nothing West of Nebraska.
73
Dan AI8O

RHF

Jul 30, 2010, 2:55:09 PM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 12:23 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
- - VegasNightOwl wrote:
- - Has anybody on the west coast, west of of the Rockies
- - in general terms, been able to copy any east coast
- - powerhouse BCB's stations like WLW, KDKA, WSM,
- - etc.?

> > One time a few years ago I copied WLW on the car radio at 11PM,
> > caught the ID and the program after the news.  I seem to be limited now with
> > reception from the east as I'm copying more Spanish speaking stations,
> > either from Mexico or U.S. based stations.

- - By the way, is IBOC still around or did it finally die off?

Yes FM IBOC Radio Stations are On-the-Air and
I just heard an AD for IBOC "Double Your Radio
Stations For Free" last night on KUSP 89.7 [NPR]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KUSP

> > VegasNightOwl
>
> When I was a kid in Phoenix the Class As had the whole country to
> themselves.  I could get WBZ, WLS, KDKA, WSM, KWKH, WHO, etc. just fine.
>   The FCC decided to destroy AM radio at night about 20 years ago.

Most Radio Advertising is Local; and your Local
Congressman has seen that the FCC understands
that Economic Reality of US Business.

- You should be able to get KOA 850, KSL 1150 and KOKC 1520.

None of which is on the "East Coast" and the Target
AM/MW Radio Stations that he listed.
.

dave

Jul 30, 2010, 4:06:28 PM7/30/10
RHF wrote:

> Most Radio Advertising is Local; and your Local
> Congressman has seen that the FCC understands
> that Economic Reality of US Business.
>
> - You should be able to get KOA 850, KSL 1150 and KOKC 1520.
>
> None of which is on the "East Coast" and the Target
> AM/MW Radio Stations that he listed.
> .

Radio is about serving the public, and making a little money on the
side. You cannot do good radio if all you care about is maximizing
profits. Companies shouldn't be allowed to own more than 12 stations.

Rural Americans deserve choice too. George Noory every 10 KHz is not
choice.

dxAce

Jul 30, 2010, 3:32:14 PM7/30/10

dave wrote:

Post the log of George Noory 'every 10 kHz'.

I've not heard that myself.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

RHF

Jul 30, 2010, 3:42:44 PM7/30/10

The "East Coast" and the Target AM/MW Radio
Stations that he listed are around 2200 Air Miles
from Las Vegas, NV.

For a 500 Foot BOG Antenna from Las Vegas, NV
these general headings :

CHI ~ 70*
NYC ~ 80*

Shoot-the-Middle for Due East @ 90*

ATL ~ 100*
MIA ~ 120*
{your choice}

Will get you 'close enough' {In-the-Zone} to Receive
the Target Area/City/States

Beverage-On-the-Ground [BOG] Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/734fc3323dde7474
The Beam-Width {Best Receiving Angle}
is in the general direction of the Far-End
and is around 60~90 Degrees.

~ RHF
.

dave

Jul 30, 2010, 5:13:10 PM7/30/10

Atlanta is 86.5 degrees N-S relative to Las Vegas

http://www.gcmap.com/dist?P=LAS-ATL

VegasNightOwl

Jul 31, 2010, 6:48:25 AM7/31/10

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

VNO,

RHF,

Thanks for the antenna tips. Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting. I
was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would be
rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
reception.

VegasNightOwl

VegasNightOwl

Jul 31, 2010, 6:54:21 AM7/31/10

"dxAce" <dx...@milestones.com> wrote in message

I thought the concentration of stations carrying C2C was a bit to high.
However, one night I tuned the entire AM BCB, 530 to 1710 and copied 9
stations carrying C2C. That works out to "every 131 kHz". I'm sure others
have different results to to location, antennas, etc.

VegasNightOwl

dxAce

Jul 31, 2010, 6:57:54 AM7/31/10

VegasNightOwl wrote:

One must remember that Rickmers doesn't really listen, he just watches a screen
for his 'DX'.

dave

Jul 31, 2010, 9:25:55 AM7/31/10
VegasNightOwl wrote:

> RHF,
>
> Thanks for the antenna tips. Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting. I
> was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would be
> rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
> reception.
>

> VegasNightOwl

I can get KXNT and KDWN every night.

Joe from Kokomo

Jul 31, 2010, 10:22:09 AM7/31/10
On 7/31/2010 6:57 AM, dxAce wrote:

> One must remember that Rickmers doesn't really listen, he just watches a screen
> for his 'DX'.

So, if you hear it with your ears, it's DX. If you see it with your
eyes, it's not DX?

Maybe you'd better tell the ARRL that all those DXCC certificates they
issued for RTTY/PSK31 are meaningless.

Who'd a thunk it?

...but thanks for the heads-up. ;-)

dxAce

Jul 31, 2010, 10:26:59 AM7/31/10

Joe from Kokomo wrote:

> On 7/31/2010 6:57 AM, dxAce wrote:
>
> > One must remember that Rickmers doesn't really listen, he just watches a screen
> > for his 'DX'.
>
> So, if you hear it with your ears, it's DX. If you see it with your
> eyes, it's not DX?
>
> Maybe you'd better tell the ARRL that all those DXCC certificates they
> issued for RTTY/PSK31 are meaningless.

Not meaningless, simply not SWBC.

Please, try to pay attention.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dave

Jul 31, 2010, 12:26:42 PM7/31/10

It just shows how hopelessly old fashioned Ace is. How the hell are you
supposed to hear a digital signal below the noise floor?

He probably thinks DSP is a cleaning product.

dave

Jul 31, 2010, 12:28:52 PM7/31/10
dxAce wrote:

> Not meaningless, simply not SWBC.

HFBC is not difficult. There is no sport.

Are you saying RRS doesn't welcome Ute monitors now?

VegasNightOwl

Jul 31, 2010, 3:33:41 PM7/31/10

"dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message

I think both KDWN and KXNT are directional at night. Where are you located?

VegasNightOwl

DEFCON 88

Jul 31, 2010, 3:49:21 PM7/31/10
On Jul 31, 6:48 am, "VegasNightOwl" <joshuatreescorp...@cox.net>
wrote:

[...]

> Thanks for the antenna tips.  Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting.  I
> was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would be
> rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
> reception.
>
> VegasNightOwl

A loop is probably the easiest way to hear more stations and it's not
limited to one fixed direction. Keep in mind that many stations use
directional antennas that, although you may think they're an easy
catch for the distance, may prevent you from hearing them.

Here in OH I still occasionally hear KFI-640, KOA-850, KNX-1070, and
some others. Cross-continent DX was definitely much easier years ago.

dave

Jul 31, 2010, 9:45:13 PM7/31/10

Between L. A. and Palmdale.

VegasNightOwl

Aug 1, 2010, 5:50:02 AM8/1/10

"dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message

If I recall correctly, their night time pattern is to the west, to protect
the channel(s) shared by others to the east. So copying them at your
location shouldn't be much of a problem.

VegasNightOwl

dxAce

Aug 1, 2010, 7:11:45 AM8/1/10

dave wrote:

> Joe from Kokomo wrote:
> > On 7/31/2010 6:57 AM, dxAce wrote:
> >
> >> One must remember that Rickmers doesn't really listen, he just watches
> >> a screen
> >> for his 'DX'.
> >
> > So, if you hear it with your ears, it's DX. If you see it with your
> > eyes, it's not DX?
> >
> > Maybe you'd better tell the ARRL that all those DXCC certificates they
> > issued for RTTY/PSK31 are meaningless.
> >
> > Who'd a thunk it?
> >
> > ...but thanks for the heads-up. ;-)
>
> It just shows how hopelessly old fashioned Ace is.

Old fashioned is good. I have some of the finest receivers ever built here.

RHF

Aug 1, 2010, 7:20:19 AM8/1/10
On Jul 31, 6:25 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> VegasNightOwl wrote:
> > RHF,
>
> > Thanks for the antenna tips.  Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting.  I
> > was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would be
> > rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
> > reception.
>
> > VegasNightOwl

- I can get KXNT and KDWN every night.

Dave both are in Las Vegas, NV and only
about 200 Air Miles away from you in SoCal

Here KXNT-AM on 840 kHz is blocked
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?call=KXNT&x=17&y=2&sr=Y&s=C
by KMPH in Modesto, CA {Oakdale}
which is only about 30 Air Miles away.
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?sr=Y&s=C&call=KMPH&x=0&y=0

But KDWN-AM is strong here on 720 kHz
just about every night.
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?sr=Y&s=C&call=KDWN&x=0&y=0
as is KKOH-AM on 780 kHz from Reno, NV
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?sr=Y&s=C&call=KKOH&x=0&y=0
.
i hear the sound of strange people talking
coming from the radio all night long . . . ~ RHF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s168oJyQvFY
.

RHF

Aug 1, 2010, 8:18:56 AM8/1/10
On Jul 30, 1:06 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
>
> > Most Radio Advertising is Local; and your Local
> > Congressman has seen that the FCC understands
> > that Economic Reality of US Business.
>
> > - You should be able to get KOA 850, KSL 1150 and KOKC 1520.
>
> > None of which is on the "East Coast" and the Target
> > AM/MW Radio Stations that he listed.
> >   .
>
> Radio is about serving the public, and making a little money on the
> side.  You cannot do good radio if all you care about is maximizing
> profits.  Companies shouldn't be allowed to own more than 12 stations.

- Rural Americans deserve choice too.

Dave ? Rural ? All Americans Need 'Choice'

- George Noory every 10 KHz is not choice.

YES - The great Coast-to-Coast AM Radio Broadcast
can be heard on more thanr 500 AM Radio Stations
across America at night and throughout the night.
* Some Radio Stations run C2C over and over again
from 9PM<>6AM.

In RHF's Radio World :
I have always thought that all 50KW Nighttime
AM/MW Radio Stations should be required to
Air Original 'Local' Programming at Night as a
condition of having their 50KW Power; or scale
them all back to 25KW from Sunset-to-Dawn.

Where is the 'Middle of the Night' Mystery of Radio
when you can hear Coast-to-Coast AM across
the AM/MW Radio Band and NYC, CHI, STL, KC,
DEN, DAL, SLC, LVN SEA, & LA all sound the
same. This is about 100 AM/MW Radio Stations
out of a total of 4786. [~2%]
http://www.ac6v.com/clearam.htm#USA
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/totals/bt100630.html#START
.
Graph of the Number of US Clear Channel
AM/MW Radio Stations on a Frequency
http://www.midnightscience.com/artb2f2.gif
-more-on- The AM/MW Broadcast Band
-source- The XTAL Set Society
http://www.midnightscience.com/articleb2.html
.
FCC on "The Clear Channels"
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amclasses.html#CLEAR
.
I Remember the Power of Nighttime Radio
-by- James E. O'Neal
http://www.rwonline.com/article/102162

Behind the Clear-Channel Matter
(Radio World, June 7, 2000)
-by- Mark Durenberger
http://www.nrcdxas.org/articles/clear01.html
* Part 1 - The Dilemma
* Part 2 - Superpowers Crank It Up
* Part 3 - NARBA Changes
* Part 4 - 1961 Report and Order
* Part 5 - Another Super Try
* Part 6 - The Last Word
-source- National Radio Club [NRC]
http://www.nrcdxas.org/articles/
.
AM/MW Radio Station Info :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/1634e3c158b06fa5
+ Radio-Locator
+ FCC
+ Where's That Station
+ AM {Medium Wave} DXing

real radios still glow in the dark ~ RHF
and 'ira blue' can still be heard... out there . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ira_Blue
all you have to do is just listen . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK_ShoOL2ao
.
.

RHF

Aug 1, 2010, 8:31:20 AM8/1/10
On Jul 31, 3:54 am, "VegasNightOwl" <joshuatreescorp...@cox.net>
wrote:

> "dxAce" <dx...@milestones.com> wrote in message

> > dave wrote:

> >> Radio is about serving the public, and making a little money on the
> >> side.  You cannot do good radio if all you care about is maximizing
> >> profits.  Companies shouldn't be allowed to own more than 12 stations.
>
> >> Rural Americans deserve choice too.  George Noory every 10 KHz is not
> >> choice.
>
> > Post the log of George Noory 'every 10 kHz'.
>
> > I've not heard that myself.
>
> > dxAce
> > Michigan
> > USA

- I thought the concentration of stations carrying C2C was a bit to
high.
- However, one night I tuned the entire AM BCB, 530 to 1710 and copied
9
- stations carrying C2C.  That works out to "every 131 kHz".  I'm sure
others
- have different results to to location, antennas, etc.
-
- VegasNightOwl

Some where here on RRS is a Post where I Listened
to the AM/MW Radio Band all night long and heard
Coast-to-Coast AM on more than 50 ?80+? different
Radio Stations with re-runs in several time slots from
Dusk to Dawn.

Maybe 'Syndicated' Radio Programming itself needs
to be limited to 250 Re-Broadcasters versus the
unlimited 500 or more now common 24&7 :
That would bring about more Individual Unique Content
and More Diversity on the Air too ~ RHF
.

RHF

Aug 1, 2010, 8:33:52 AM8/1/10
On Jul 31, 7:22 am, Joe from Kokomo <j...@indy.net> wrote:
> On 7/31/2010 6:57 AM, dxAce wrote:
>
> > One must remember that Rickmers doesn't really listen, he just watches a screen
> > for his 'DX'.

- So, if you hear it with your ears, it's DX.

Yeah - It's called Radio.
-wrt- AM&FM Radio DXing

- If you see it with your eyes, it's not DX?

Yeah - It's called TV.
-wrt- TV Station DXing

RHF

Aug 1, 2010, 8:36:09 AM8/1/10
On Jul 31, 9:26 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> Joe from Kokomo wrote:
> > On 7/31/2010 6:57 AM, dxAce wrote:
>
> >> One must remember that Rickmers doesn't really listen, he just watches
> >> a screen
> >> for his 'DX'.
>
> > So, if you hear it with your ears, it's DX. If you see it with your
> > eyes, it's not DX?
>
> > Maybe you'd better tell the ARRL that all those DXCC certificates they
> > issued for RTTY/PSK31 are meaningless.
>
> > Who'd a thunk it?
>
> > ...but thanks for the heads-up. ;-)

- It just shows how hopelessly old fashioned Ace is.  How the hell are
you
- supposed to hear a digital signal below the noise floor?
-
- He probably thinks DSP is a cleaning product.

DSP works great on cleaning-up the Noise Floor :o) ~ RHF
.

dave

Aug 1, 2010, 10:31:03 AM8/1/10
dxAce wrote:

>> It just shows how hopelessly old fashioned Ace is.
>
> Old fashioned is good. I have some of the finest receivers ever built here.

Once upon a time, Ace. The world has moved on. Drake makes cable
modulators now. The great American radios are made in Texas, Tennessee
and California.

Your evolution stopped in 1999.

dave

Aug 1, 2010, 10:32:12 AM8/1/10
RHF wrote:
> On Jul 31, 6:25 am, dave<d...@dave.dave> wrote:
>> VegasNightOwl wrote:
>>> RHF,
>>
>>> Thanks for the antenna tips. Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting. I
>>> was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would be
>>> rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
>>> reception.
>>
>>> VegasNightOwl
>
> - I can get KXNT and KDWN every night.
>
> Dave both are in Las Vegas, NV and only
> about 200 Air Miles away from you in SoCal

I was being facetious.

dave

Aug 1, 2010, 10:34:58 AM8/1/10
RHF wrote:
> On Jul 30, 1:06 pm, dave<d...@dave.dave> wrote:

> - Rural Americans deserve choice too.
>
> Dave ? Rural ? All Americans Need 'Choice'

Inside the RF cloud of a big city there is plenty of choice. 40 miles
away it can be like Siberia.

dave

Aug 1, 2010, 10:47:46 AM8/1/10
RHF wrote:
> On Jul 31, 7:22 am, Joe from Kokomo<j...@indy.net> wrote:

> Yeah - It's called Radio.
> -wrt- AM&FM Radio DXing
>
> - If you see it with your eyes, it's not DX?
>
> Yeah - It's called TV.
> -wrt- TV Station DXing

http://www.w8dc.org/grr_tech_corner/psk31.htm

If you want to be on the cutting edge of hardware you have to move
beyond 50 thousand Watt AM radio.

Joe from Kokomo

Aug 1, 2010, 10:33:16 AM8/1/10

On 8/1/2010 8:33 AM, RHF wrote:

> Yeah - It's called Radio.
> -wrt- AM&FM Radio DXing

Nah, it's called "rec.radio.SHORTWAVE", and there is lots o' stuff on
shortwave, some of it even DX, that depend on ears or eyes. A few examples:

voice [AM, FM, SSB], CW...(and yes, there is FM voice in the 3-30 MHz
range!) Shortwave radio using ears.

>> - If you see it with your eyes, it's not DX?

> Yeah - It's called TV.
> -wrt- TV Station DXing

How forgetful of you to overlook the 3-30 MHz ("shortwave") visual modes:

RTTY,PSK, SSTV...Shortwave radio using eyes.

Try broadening your horizons...there is a lot to hear -- and *SEE* on
the shortwave bands!

dxAce

Aug 1, 2010, 11:00:18 AM8/1/10

dave wrote:

You're certainly on the cutting edge of being a real 'Tard Boy.

One thing is certain Dave, you'd not know real radio, even if a Collins KW-1
made its way up your ass and spent the winter.

dave

Aug 1, 2010, 3:38:52 PM8/1/10
dxAce wrote:

> You're certainly on the cutting edge of being a real 'Tard Boy.
>
> One thing is certain Dave, you'd not know real radio, even if a Collins KW-1
> made its way up your ass and spent the winter.

The first job I had in radio was running an all Collins 5 KW station in
my hometown. Collins transmitter, Collins board, Collins limiter,
Collins turntables, etc. That would be 1964.

Again, AM radio. You can receive it on dental work.

dxAce

Aug 1, 2010, 2:41:48 PM8/1/10

dave wrote:

Get with it Dave, that's the miracle of AM radio.

RHF

Aug 2, 2010, 5:14:37 AM8/2/10
On Aug 1, 7:47 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
> > On Jul 31, 7:22 am, Joe from Kokomo<j...@indy.net>  wrote:
>
> > Yeah - It's called Radio.
> > -wrt- AM&FM Radio DXing
>
> > - If you see it with your eyes, it's not DX?
>
> > Yeah - It's called TV.
> > -wrt- TV Station DXing
>
> http://www.w8dc.org/grr_tech_corner/psk31.htm

- If you want to be on the cutting edge of hardware
- you have to move beyond 50 thousand Watt AM radio.

"be 'on' the cutting edge of hardware" is a ride on
the Razor's Edge that I don't care to take.

Dave - AM/MW DXing is just that, simply listening
to the Radio and enjoying yourself as many have
done for almost a 100 Years. ~ RHF
* You & Time
** The AM/MW Radio
*** The AM/MW Antenna
**** The AM/MW Radio Station
.

RHF

Aug 2, 2010, 5:15:40 AM8/2/10
On Aug 1, 12:38 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> dxAce wrote:
>
> > You're certainly on the cutting edge of being a real 'Tard Boy.
>
> > One thing is certain Dave, you'd not know real radio, even if a Collins KW-1
> > made its way up your ass and spent the winter.
>
> The first job I had in radio was running an all Collins 5 KW station in
> my hometown.  Collins transmitter, Collins board, Collins limiter,
> Collins turntables, etc.  That would be 1964.

- Again, AM radio. You can receive it on dental work.

Dave - Get a better Dentist ;;-}} ~ RHF
.

VegasNightOwl

Aug 2, 2010, 6:43:52 AM8/2/10

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

I guess the 9 times I copied it wasn't too bad considering it was a car
radio driving home. I'm sure with a better setup, many more could be
copied.

VegasNightOwl

dave

Aug 2, 2010, 8:37:55 AM8/2/10
RHF wrote:
> On Aug 1, 7:47 am, dave<d...@dave.dave> wrote:

> - If you want to be on the cutting edge of hardware
> - you have to move beyond 50 thousand Watt AM radio.
>
> "be 'on' the cutting edge of hardware" is a ride on
> the Razor's Edge that I don't care to take.
>
> Dave - AM/MW DXing is just that, simply listening

> to the Radio and enjoying yourself...

You'll go blind.

dave

Aug 2, 2010, 8:40:41 AM8/2/10
VegasNightOwl wrote:

> I guess the 9 times I copied it wasn't too bad considering it was a car
> radio driving home. I'm sure with a better setup, many more could be
> copied.
>

> VegasNightOwl

It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the FM. Pretty much
wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9

VegasNightOwl

Aug 2, 2010, 3:28:55 PM8/2/10

"dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message

Or "All Things Considered" in the afternoon. NPR has a very high presence
in the "educational channels" of the FM band. Since it is cheap for the
stations to carry them and it's a "public service", why not.

VegasNightOwl

dave

Aug 2, 2010, 9:12:08 PM8/2/10
NPR is not cheap if you carry the news magazines. Well into 5 figures
at least.

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 2, 2010, 9:01:37 PM8/2/10

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 2, 2010, 9:38:10 PM8/2/10
CHP Patrol Car Radio History
http://www.wb6nvh.com/chpradio.htm

CHIPS.

I have three old Motorola patrol car radios.I bought them at the
Goodwill store about fifteen years ago.
cuhulin

VegasNightOwl

Aug 3, 2010, 3:57:23 AM8/3/10

"dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message

None of the Public Broadcasting System publications or DVD's are cheap.
Namely to cover publication costs and whatever is left over becomes a
"donation". However, programming as a whole is fairly cheap compared to
commercial broadcasts. That's what I was trying to say.

VegasNightOwl

RHF

Aug 3, 2010, 4:53:01 AM8/3/10
On Aug 2, 5:37 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
> > On Aug 1, 7:47 am, dave<d...@dave.dave>  wrote:
> > - If you want to be on the cutting edge of hardware
> > - you have to move beyond 50 thousand Watt AM radio.
>
> > "be 'on' the cutting edge of hardware" is a ride on
> > the Razor's Edge that I don't care to take.

- - Dave - AM/MW DXing is just that, simply listening
- - -to the Radio and enjoying yourself...

- You'll go blind.

Dave that is what is so nice about Radio even
the Blind can enjoy it to their fullest as much
as the sighted, and to the Blind a simply thing
like a Tuning-Knob is their personal 'connection'
to "Their Radio".

While they can not see the TV and enjoy it as
well as a sighted person.

un-blind yourself dave ~ RHF
.

RHF

Aug 3, 2010, 5:16:45 AM8/3/10
On Aug 2, 5:40 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> VegasNightOwl wrote:
>
> > I guess the 9 times I copied it wasn't too bad considering it was a car
> > radio driving home.  I'm sure with a better setup, many more could be
> > copied.
>
> > VegasNightOwl

- It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the
- FM. Pretty much wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9

Dave,

Yes the almost complete and total Liberal Monopoly
of so-called Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations and
NPR is well known.

NPR - Oh the Silence of the Conservatives !

Note - The Real Reason that Air America Radio FAILED
is that Liberals ans Progressives already have three-times
[3X]** as Radio Stations broadcasting the the Left-Wing
Talikng Points as Rush and the Next top 20 Right-Wing
Conservative Talkers combined.
** That Is Not Fairness That's Liberal Slant & Bias [.]

What If the so-called Fairness Doctrine* was applied
to NPR and the Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations and
each had to Air One Hours of The Top 21 Conservative
Talkers a Week @ 3-Hours a Day and 7-Days a Week
* As Liberals want to do to Conservative Talk AM Radio.

Giving less-than Equal Time {~12.5%}* for Truly All
American Conservative Voices on NPR and Pubic
{Non-Profit} Radio Stations.
* While Liberals want Equal Time [50/50] for every Hour
of Conservative Talk Radio.

What If Local Committees* from the Minority {Right}
Conservative Community where empowered to challenge
the Public Service to the Minority Conservative Radio
Listeners of each and every NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit}
Radio Stations ? ? ?
* As Liberals want to do to Conservative Talk AM Radio.

Oops "The Slant" of NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

Oops "The Bias" of NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

Oops "The Agenda" of NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

Oops "The Un-Fairness" of NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

wondering about real 'f a i r n e s s' on both
the am & fm radio bands for all ~ RHF
.

RHF

Aug 3, 2010, 5:33:34 AM8/3/10
On Aug 2, 12:28 pm, "VegasNightOwl" <joshuatreescorp...@cox.net>
wrote:
> "dave" <d...@dave.dave> wrote in message

> > VegasNightOwl wrote:
>
> >> I guess the 9 times I copied it wasn't too bad considering it was a car
> >> radio driving home.  I'm sure with a better setup, many more could be
> >> copied.
>
> >> VegasNightOwl

- - It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the FM.
- - Pretty much wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9

Wondering About Real "Fairness" on the
AM & FM Radio Bands for All . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/d649b6e6a8fc8cbb

- Or "All Things Considered" in the afternoon.
- NPR has a very high presence in the
- "educational channels" of the FM band.
- Since it is cheap for the stations to carry them
- and it's a "public service", why not.
-
- VegasNightOwl

VNO,

Cause it is Liberal Progressive Propaganda without
an honest Conservative Voice to bring 'balance' to
the Topics and View Points presented as News and
Information {Liberal Opinion}.

The so-called "Educational Channels" are in-fact
Liberal Progressive Indoctrination Lesions paid for
indirctly by all the US Tax Payers which cheat the
Ring-Wing Conservative US Citizens of an Equal
Voice in what is being presented as the Whole
Truth when selected 'half-truths' are being preached
at NPR Listeners as the only facts worth considering.

end of rant about npr's liberal bias* ~ RHF
* some would even go as far to say that
npr preaches disrespect and 'hate' against
'the-right-wing and conservatives.
.
.

RHF

Aug 3, 2010, 5:48:01 AM8/3/10
On Aug 2, 6:12 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> VegasNightOwl wrote:
> > "dave"<d...@dave.dave>  wrote in message

> >> It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the FM. Pretty much
> >> wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9
>
> > Or "All Things Considered" in the afternoon.  NPR has a very high presence
> > in the "educational channels" of the FM band.  Since it is cheap for the
> > stations to carry them and it's a "public service", why not.
>
> > VegasNightOwl

- NPR is not cheap if you carry the news magazines.
- Well into 5 figures at least.

NPR and the Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

is Fooly Funded by indirect subsidies form all
the US Tax Payers :
* US Federal Grants
* US "Charitable" Foundation Grants
* Deductible Matching Donations from US Business
* Deductible Donations from Individuals {US Citizens}
They all Grant and Donate to Pay Lower Taxes and
You Pay More/Higher Taxes to make-up the difference.

NPR Subsidizing the Liberal Progressive Agenda
at the US Tax Payer's Expense ~ RHF
.
.

RHF

Aug 3, 2010, 5:51:47 AM8/3/10
On Aug 1, 7:34 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
> > On Jul 30, 1:06 pm, dave<d...@dave.dave>  wrote:

- - - Rural Americans deserve choice too.

- - Dave ? Rural ? All Americans Need 'Choice'

- Inside the RF cloud of a big city there is plenty
- of choice.  40 miles away it can be like Siberia.

We call it Sonora, CA . . . {Twain Harte}

Living in the Land of the Blinking Blue Light

beyond the 'rf' fringe ~ RHF
.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dave

Aug 3, 2010, 10:09:18 AM8/3/10
VegasNightOwl wrote:

> None of the Public Broadcasting System publications or DVD's are cheap.
> Namely to cover publication costs and whatever is left over becomes a
> "donation". However, programming as a whole is fairly cheap compared to
> commercial broadcasts. That's what I was trying to say.
>

> VegasNightOwl

Most commercial network stuff is sustained by national ads and costs the
stations nothing.

VegasNightOwl

Aug 3, 2010, 2:39:16 PM8/3/10

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

VNO,

How true. That's why I never listen to them.

VegasNightOwl

dave

Aug 3, 2010, 3:47:16 PM8/3/10
VegasNightOwl wrote:

> How true. That's why I never listen to them.

Obviously. If you did, you'd realize what RHF said was bunk. I think
you have NPR confused with Pacifica.

D. Peter Maus

Aug 3, 2010, 3:30:17 PM8/3/10
On 8/3/10 13:39 , VegasNightOwl wrote:
> "RHF"<rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> On Aug 2, 12:28 pm, "VegasNightOwl"<joshuatreescorp...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>> "dave"<d...@dave.dave> wrote in message

> - - It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the FM.
> - - Pretty much wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9
>
> Wondering About Real "Fairness" on the
> AM& FM Radio Bands for All . . .

You can't defeat an opponent in the arena of ideas if don't
listen to what they're saying.

bpnjensen

Aug 3, 2010, 3:52:20 PM8/3/10
On Aug 3, 2:33 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> honest Conservative Voice

In this day and age, an oxymoron.

D. Peter Maus

Aug 3, 2010, 3:57:55 PM8/3/10

No, it's not Bruce. They've just been overshadowed, and in some
cases co-opted, by those who aren't.

Paul Briskette

Aug 3, 2010, 10:35:01 PM8/3/10

NPR is run by rich conservatives and funded by large republican
corporations. Only a small part is public funding. They just don't
follow the Stalin propaganda of faux and limpballs crazy foolish mantra
like you do.

Rupert thanks you for your support

RHF

Aug 4, 2010, 3:42:52 AM8/4/10
On Aug 3, 4:53 am, Bob Dobbs <chupaca...@operamail.com> wrote:
- - RHF wrote:
- - NPR Subsidizing the Liberal Progressive Agenda
- - t the US Tax Payer's Expense ~ RHF

- Money well spent, eh?
- Far better than foolish eternal war craft over oil.
-
- --
-
- Operator Bob
- Echo Charlie 42

Life in the Vacuum of Global Economics . . .
GONE WILD !
.

RHF

Aug 4, 2010, 3:48:33 AM8/4/10
On Aug 3, 4:51 am, Bob Dobbs <chupaca...@operamail.com> wrote:

> RHF wrote:
> >* some would even go as far to say that
> >npr preaches disrespect and 'hate' against
> >'the-right-wing and conservatives.
>
> No preaching needed, the attitudes and practices of those right wing
> conservatives earns all the hate and disrespect they get.
>
> --
>
> Operator Bob
> Echo Charlie 42

BD Preach That Liberal Hate !
Hate the Right Wing
Hate the Conservatives
Hate the GOP
Hate the Tea Baggers
Just Hate Anyone You Don't Agree With . . .
.

RHF

Aug 4, 2010, 3:51:19 AM8/4/10
On Aug 3, 12:47 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> VegasNightOwl wrote:
>
> > How true.  That's why I never listen to them.

- Obviously. If you did,
- you'd realize what RHF said was bunk.
- I think you have NPR confused with Pacifica.

Dave one could not 'confuse' NPR with Pacifica

I am NPR and . . .

Dave 'you' are Pacifica . . .
.

RHF

Aug 4, 2010, 3:52:21 AM8/4/10
On Aug 3, 12:30 pm, "D. Peter Maus" <dpeterm...@att.net> wrote:
> On 8/3/10 13:39 , VegasNightOwl wrote:
>

> > "RHF"<rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net>  wrote in message

- You can't defeat an opponent in the arena
- of ideas if don't listen to what they're saying.

Now That Is True !
.

RHF

Aug 4, 2010, 3:53:28 AM8/4/10
On Aug 3, 12:52 pm, bpnjensen <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
- - On Aug 3, 2:33 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
- - honest Conservative Voice

- In this day and age, an oxymoron.

As 'i' say : It Goes To Bias . . .
.

RHF

Aug 4, 2010, 3:59:53 AM8/4/10
On Aug 3, 4:48 am, Bob Dobbs <chupaca...@operamail.com> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
> >Note - The Real Reason that Air America Radio FAILED
> >is that Liberals ans Progressives already have three-times
> >[3X]** as Radio Stations broadcasting the the Left-Wing
> >Talikng Points as Rush and the Next top 20 Right-Wing
> >Conservative Talkers combined.
> >** That Is Not Fairness That's Liberal Slant & Bias [.]
>
> Nope, fairness isn't a word I'd use to describe your screed,
> something more like an outright distortion of reality.
> Maybe you should take a chill pill and even run the spell check,
> you know that thing that was invented by Dan Quayle.

> --
>
> Operator Bob
> Echo Charlie 42

still . . . Wondering About Real "Fairness"
on the AM & FM Radio Bands for All . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/d649b6e6a8fc8cbb
NPR There Is Not Fairness
Just Liberal Slant & Bias [.]
.

RHF

Aug 4, 2010, 4:06:22 AM8/4/10
- NPR is run by rich conservatives and funded by large republican
- corporations.  Only a small part is public funding. They just don't
- follow the Stalin propaganda of faux and limpballs crazy foolish
mantra
- like you do.
-
- Rupert thanks you for your support

PB - The Opposite may be more truer . . .

NPR is run by rich liberals and funded by large
progressive Foundations {tax free corporations}.
Only a small part is direct public funding -while-
Most is indirect Tax Free {Deductible Donations}

They just follow the Obama Propaganda of Pelosi
and Reid like a crazy foolish mantra . . .

Soros thanks you for your support ~ RHF
.

VegasNightOwl

Aug 4, 2010, 4:28:52 AM8/4/10

"D. Peter Maus" <dpete...@att.net> wrote in message

Who's says I'm going to defeat the opponent? I'm going to watch them
annihilate themselves leading up to the election.

VegasNightOwl

VegasNightOwl

Aug 4, 2010, 4:39:05 AM8/4/10

"dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message

Not familiar with Pacifica. I've caught their shows, NPR, every once in a
while a few years back, especially All Things Considered. If the topic
wasn't about politics, religion, guns or sex, it wasn't too bad, and some
interesting information was to be had. However, if any of the above
mentioned topics were in play, very little logic or fact was used to present
the forum, just babble.

VegasNightOwl

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

RHF

Aug 7, 2010, 9:20:38 AM8/7/10
On Aug 1, 5:31 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Jul 31, 3:54 am, "VegasNightOwl" <joshuatreescorp...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>

> > "dxAce" <dx...@milestones.com> wrote in message

> > > Post the log of George Noory 'every 10 kHz'.
>
> > > I've not heard that myself.
>
> > > dxAce
> > > Michigan
> > > USA
>
> - I thought the concentration of stations carrying C2C was a bit to
> high.
> - However, one night I tuned the entire AM BCB, 530 to 1710 and copied
> 9
> - stations carrying C2C.  That works out to "every 131 kHz".  I'm sure
> others
> - have different results to to location, antennas, etc.
> -
> - VegasNightOwl

- Some where here on RRS is a Post where I Listened
- to the AM/MW Radio Band all night long and heard
- Coast-to-CoastAM on more than 50 ?80+? different
- Radio Stations with re-runs in several time slots from
- Dusk to Dawn.

> Maybe 'Syndicated' Radio Programming itself needs
> to be limited to 250 Re-Broadcasters versus the
> unlimited 500 or more now common 24&7 :
> That would bring about more Individual Unique Content
> and More Diversity on the Air too ~RHF
>  .

Friday Night / Saturday Morning 2AM~3AM PDT

Coast-to-Coast AM was talking about
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Side Show People and Side-Show-World.Com
http://www.sideshowworld.com/SSAG.html

Heard Coast-to-Coast AM on the following
AM/MW Radio Stations :
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/affiliates
560 kHz KSFO in SF Bay Area
580 kHz KMJ in Fresno, CA
590 kHz ? ? ? ?
600 kHz KOGO in San Diego, CA
640 kHz KFI in Los Angeles, CA
770 kHz KKOB in Albuquerque, NM
780kHz KKOH in Reno, NV
790kHz ? ? ? ?
* also KABC in Los Angeles, CA
830 kHz ? ? ? ?
840 kHz KXNT in Los Vegas, NV
890 kHz KDXU in Saint George, UT
990 kHz ? KTMS ?

NOTE - Stopped at 1000 kHz for the Hour and
will try 1000 kHz to 1700 kHz some other Night.

~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA
Grundig Satellit 800 Radio with a
5-Wire Horizontal Antenna & MLB
.
.

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 7, 2010, 5:28:17 PM8/7/10
Steve McQueen's Blob has been discovered.
http://www.rense.com

We are all descended from Drakozoon, the Blob.
cuhulin

VegasNightOwl

Aug 8, 2010, 7:05:21 AM8/8/10

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

At this rate, you'll probably end up between 25 to 30 AM BCB stations
received carrying C2C. Like I stated before, I copied 9 stations, but I was
driving around and using the car radio at around 11PM Pacific time.

VegasNightOwl

RHF

Aug 8, 2010, 7:08:06 PM8/8/10
On Aug 8, 4:05 am, "VegasNightOwl" <joshuatreescorp...@cox.net> wrote:
> "RHF" <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Coast-to-Coast AM was talking abouthttp://www.coasttocoastam.com/
>
> Side Show People and Side-Show-World.Comhttp://www.sideshowworld.com/SSAG.html

VNO,

You have to first start right around 10 PM when
Coast-to-Coast AM [C2C-AM] is on more Radio
Stations as an original broadcast. After 2AM
Coast-to-Coast AM is usually a repeat re-broadcast
of the early show that night and is on far fewer
AM Radio Stations.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

I have always thought that the AM Radio Stations
should try to work-out an arrangement with Coast-
to-Coast AM to Air Tonight's C2C-AM Show from
10PM to 2AM; and the Prior Nights; an"Encore
Presentation" C2C-AM Show from 2AM to 6AM.
This would give the Radio Stations greater program
diversity and allow Radio Listeners not to repeat
the same 'content' in the same night.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Hello George Noory at Coast-to-Coast AM are
you Listening ? Talking about the Prior Nights
"Encore Presentation" C2C-AM Show from 2AM
to 6AM -versus- a Repeat of the current night's
show. --- http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

hearing coast-to-coast am [c2c-am] on-the-radio ~ RHF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s168oJyQvFY
.

VegasNightOwl

Aug 9, 2010, 3:43:12 AM8/9/10

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

VNO,

RHF,

I usually miss the first hour or so because I'm at work, that's why I'm
usually able to catch it at 11PM. I use to listen quite often but now I'm
lucky to catch it a few times a month. I get a kick out of some stations
replaying daytime talk show hosts at 2AM or 3AM for 2 ro 3 hours. I guess
if the graveyard shift misses the original broadcast during the day because
they are sleeping then they are able to catch it then.

VegasNightOwl

RHF

Aug 9, 2010, 6:26:56 AM8/9/10
On Aug 9, 12:43 am, "VegasNightOwl" <joshuatreescorp...@cox.net>
> AM Radio Stations.http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

> I have always thought that the AM Radio Stations
> should try to work-out an arrangement with Coast-
> to-Coast AM to Air Tonight's C2C-AM Show from
> 10PM to 2AM; and the Prior Nights; an"Encore
> Presentation" C2C-AM Show from 2AM to 6AM.
> This would give the Radio Stations greater program
> diversity and allow Radio Listeners not to repeat
> the same 'content' in the same night.http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

> Hello George Noory at Coast-to-Coast AM are
> you Listening ?  Talking about the Prior Nights
> "Encore Presentation" C2C-AM Show from 2AM
> to 6AM -versus- a Repeat of the current night's
> show. ---http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
>
> hearing coast-to-coast am [c2c-am] on-the-radio ~ RHFhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s168oJyQvFY

>  .
>
> RHF,
>
> I usually miss the first hour or so because I'm at work, that's why I'm
> usually able to catch it at 11PM.  I use to listen quite often but now I'm
> lucky to catch it a few times a month.  I get a kick out of some stations
> replaying daytime talk show hosts at 2AM or 3AM for 2 ro 3 hours.  I guess
> if the graveyard shift misses the original broadcast during the day because
> they are sleeping then they are able to catch it then.
>
> VegasNightOwl

VNO,

An Hour a Day is a good start and 3-Hours a Day
is all that most Radio Talk Show Hosts ask ;-}

Actually -if- the Day-Time Talk Show Hosts wanted
to reach more People they could designate One (1)
'best-of-the-best' Show Hours each Day of their
Late-Night "Encore Presentaion" Show to Nightime
Re-Broadcast by their Affiliate Radio Stations.
* Give the One-Hour "Encore" Rebroadcast to the
Radio Stations for F-R-E-E as a Bonus for Running
the Host's Day-Time Programming.

The Radio Stations work block-out One Hour each for
their Daytime & Afternoon/Evening Hosts*
12 AM -one-hour-of- Rush Limbaugh
1 AM -one-hour-of- Sean Hannity
2 AM -one-hour-of- Glen Beck
3 AM -one-hour-of- Laura Ingraham
4 AM -one-hour-of- Michael Savage
5 AM -one-hour-of- John Batchelor
* who ever their day-time line-up is . . .

Late Night Radio would be Exciting with Something
New : Each and Every Hour from Midnight 'til Dawn.

Followed at 6AM with America's Morning News
http://www.washingtontimes.com/americas-morning-news/
http://www.talkradionetwork.com/pg/jsp/general/host.jsp?chartID=3&position=1
-or-
Good Day with Doug Stephan
http://www.dougstephan.com/

1ST - This would drive some/many of the Radio
Station's Late-Night Listeners to the Station's
Day-Time Programming. {That's Good}
= More Listening Hours & Listeners for the Radio
Station {Better Ratings & Increased Revenue}

2ND - This would drive some/many of the Radio
Station's Late-Night Listeners to the Talk Show
Host's Website and "Listen" Feature. {That's Good}
= More Radio Listener & Website Subscribers
and Listeners of the Show {Better Ratings &
Increased Revenue}

3RD - The Talk Radio Networks Should Love It Too !

It's a "Win-Win" for both the Radio Stations and
the Talk Show Hosts and the Networks. ~ RHF
.
.

VegasNightOwl

Aug 9, 2010, 7:13:40 AM8/9/10

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

VNO,

Apparently the stations aren't seeing this and just letting anything go
approach. I guess they figure there aren't many listeners interested in the
programs at night and use it to fill the time between midnight and sunrise.
It's quite possible their demographics and Arbitron ratings books show
something the general public isn't seeing. However, I must say, I like your
ideas for late night programming. You would almost have to make it like a
cable TV selection in which you will be hit with multiple talents to choose
from and not get bored with just one of the for 3 or 4 hours.

VegasNightOwl

Message has been deleted

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 9, 2010, 9:21:55 AM8/9/10
Central Standard Time zone here.CTC comes WFMN 97.3 FM (Frequency
Modulated) on the air at Midnight, right after the 12:00 AM top of the
hour news spot.
I reckon so anyway, I haven't tuned in to CTC in years, doggy and I hit
the sack every night around tenish PM. (Pee Emm, Emma come first)

So, what were those Kooks on CTC squawking bout last night? I have some
recorders here, tape and digital recorders, I could record CTC and play
it back later on.But why? because CTC is over 90 percent pure undiluted
Bull Sh!t, I don't give a damn about that crap.I will never record that
crap.

WFMN 97.3 FM right now on my radio, I am listening to Real News, the
Paul Gallo radio talk show, Super Talk Mississippi.
http://www.supertalkms.com
http://www.supertalkms.fm

[Hy Heidi)
cuhulin

Free Form

Aug 9, 2010, 12:54:22 PM8/9/10
VegasNightOwl wrote:

> 3 AM -one-hour-of- Laura Ingraham
> 4 AM -one-hour-of- Michael Savage

In the San Francisco Bay Area Market,
a local station 860 A.M. carried Laura Ingraham
for a while, then changed the format to :

Sports
Talk

You know, as if there wasn't enough *sports* to go
around - the SPORTS MAFIAS have once again
decided to grab another radio outlet - especially
one that used to cater to the conservative segment
of the population. Remember when the local news
broadcasts all pushed sports "news" in a major way
in the middle and beginning of news broadcasts ?
Well, most have relegated, have shelved the sports
back to the rear, the end of the news program.
Good idea. Who ever said that playing with a ball,
silly games -------- was NEWS ?

Stanford's radio station KZSU, their news department
demands that every news program HAS TO have a
sports story.

Back to Laura Ingraham. There are no current markets
in the Bay Area for her presently......as far as I know.
I wholly enjoy her program - she is so smart and funny.
KSFO 560 A.M. should completely DITCH :

> 5 AM -one-hour-of- John Batchelor

I am sorry, but John Batchelor sounds to me like a
queen with some annoying dramatic music to play,
where the music is overbearing most of the times
.....too much music !
Bachelor ONLY deals with a few items per show.
Laura Ingraham covers it all. I miss her dearly. I will seek
her out on the internet - I guess ?

On KSFO, they ~ditched~ the Sunday Night programming
that took-over the slot for Matt Drudge ---> Bill Cunningham.
Cunningham is a patriot and deals in controversial subjects.
Mighty interesting that KSFO would get rid of Cunningham
and replace him with "music man" Joan Gay Not Married.

SO ------> I always listen to Fresno California - 580 A.M.
NOT 560 A.M.
on Sunday nights.

KSFO IS COMPLETELY IMPOTENT,
with the likes of John Batchelor and Dr. Laura.
A "doctor" who abused and neglected her mother horribly.
"Dr." Laura is an evil woman....what she did and does to
her mother and her mother's image on the radio.
Evil !

Anything would be better than a REPLAY of George Noory
and the call-in program that caters to complete ---> Loonies.
Too bizarre, and giving air-time to pagan babylonian occultic
psychic nonsense. I don't listen - generally.

_____________________
http://www.exorcist.org.nz

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 9, 2010, 1:19:33 PM8/9/10
UFOs, Chupracabra, Bigfoot, ghosts,,,,

There are little animals running around on Mars ~ George Noory.

Ohhhhh, myyyy Goddddd ~ Art Bell.

The Babe (Barbara Simpson, at least she isn't crazy) in the Bunker ~
hehehe.
cuhulin

RHF

Aug 10, 2010, 10:19:30 AM8/10/10
-    Anything would be better than a REPLAY of George Noory
-    and the call-in program that caters to complete ---> Loonies.
-    Too bizarre, and giving air-time to pagan babylonian occultic
-    psychic nonsense.  I don't listen - generally.

Yes "Anything would be better than a {Back-to-Back} REPLAY
of George Noory" Coast-to-Coast AM for 4-Hours.
-and-
Four One-Hour "Encore" Repeats of the Prior Days
3-Hour Programs would add variety at little or no cost;
and introduce your late-nite Radio Listeners to your
Day-Time Radio Talent/Programming.

Why even KGO-AM 810 kHz could replace
their late-nite host : Ray Taliaferro [1~5AM]
with One-Hour "Encores" of :
1 AM : Ronn Owens
2 AM : Len Tillem [45M] / Dr. Dean Edell [15M]
3 AM : Gil Gross
4 AM : Gene Burns

IMHO - Radio Stations running Coast-to-Coast AM
for 4-Hours 10AM~2AM and again 2AM~6AM is
just keeping their Radio Transmitter 'warm' between
2AM to 6AM. ~ RHF
.

>    _____________________
>    http://www.exorcist.org.nz

VegasNightOwl

Aug 10, 2010, 4:09:33 PM8/10/10

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

That's all it is. Killing time before the morning drive slot. They figure
over night listeners really don't "listen" to their programs, just have it
on in the background.

VegasNightOwl

dave

Aug 10, 2010, 6:01:09 PM8/10/10
RHF wrote:

> IMHO - Radio Stations running Coast-to-Coast AM
> for 4-Hours 10AM~2AM and again 2AM~6AM is
> just keeping their Radio Transmitter 'warm' between
> 2AM to 6AM. ~ RHF
> .

Broadcast transmitters are happiest when left on 24/7. Vacuum the air
filters as required.

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 10, 2010, 6:20:54 PM8/10/10
But just think about the 18 wheeler truck drivers rolling around and
listening to their air horns blowing on CTC.
WHOMP! WHOMP!

George Noory probally,,,,,

Nawww, I better not say that.
cuhulin

Free Form

Aug 10, 2010, 7:16:36 PM8/10/10
Vegas Night Owl wrote :

> That's all it is.  Killing time before the morning drive slot.  They figure
> over night listeners really don't "listen" to their programs, just have it
> on in the background.

Greets -
People like myself, who have been in non-commercial radio,
for years, are amazed at the salaries of the Programming
Directors at radio stations. These same high-priced clowns,
are the same who make the colossal mistakes in programming :

Giving us a replay of Noory !

Michael "Weiner" Savage has stated on his program that he
does not want to have his program played again, later, on the
same radio station.

Sadly, K.S.F.O. 560 A.M. (San Francisco) is in the same
building as K.G.O. 810 A.M. Here is why that is a major
problem:

Liberal Brian Copeland (K.G.O.)
produced a spot and it was
scheduled to air during Michael Savage's
program. I heard the spot and couldn't
believe that a race-baiting N.A.A.C.P.
sadist, a cross-dressing transvestite
who
is a rabid liberal, a "roman catholic",
who is trying to start a RACE WAR
with his book:
"Not A Genuine
Black Man"

Whether Copeland scheduled it to play during Michael Savage's
show, when it was on K.S.F.O. -----> OR it was scheduled by
someone else, I cannot tell. Regardless, it was a deadly poison
intrusion of the worst liberal kind, onto and soiling Michael
Savage's conservative program.

Hardly anyone is mentioning the gentleman - Alex Jones from
Austin, Texas. There is a station in Santa Cruz, California,
@ 1080 on the dial, during the evenings. However the wattage
is low and it is hard to receive in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What is needed is Alex Jones on a Bay Area radio station.
K.S.F.O. won't offer Alex Jones, because they are, as I said
before: "impotent".
I am waiting the debut of Laura Ingraham and Alex Jones in
the San Francisco Bay Area.

_____________________
http://www.exorcist.org.nz

---> The Suppressed Truth
About The Assassination
Of Abraham Lincoln
Burke Mc Carty, Ex-Romanist
I.S.B.N. -0-879968-169-1

VegasNightOwl

Aug 11, 2010, 4:22:32 AM8/11/10

"Free Form" <joe.sixp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Vegas Night Owl wrote :

_____________________
http://www.exorcist.org.nz

Michael Savage is aired here in Las Vegas from 3pm to 6pm. The 3 to 5pm is
live wiht a repeat of the first hour from 5pm to 6m. I don't see anything
wrong with tath since most shows are 3 hours, except for his. So if alot of
peopl miss the first hour the catch it on the rebound a bit later.

VegasNightOwl

dave

Aug 11, 2010, 8:27:21 AM8/11/10
VegasNightOwl wrote:

> Michael Savage is aired here in Las Vegas from 3pm to 6pm. The 3 to 5pm is
> live wiht a repeat of the first hour from 5pm to 6m. I don't see anything
> wrong with tath since most shows are 3 hours, except for his. So if alot of
> peopl miss the first hour the catch it on the rebound a bit later.
>

> VegasNightOwl

You do realize that Michel Weiner's Savage Nation is just a radio show.
He is not a right winger. He is good pals with Gerry Brown.

RHF

Aug 11, 2010, 8:06:23 AM8/11/10
On Aug 10, 4:16 pm, Free Form <joe.sixpack.2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>    Vegas Night Owl wrote :
>
> > That's all it is.  Killing time before the morning drive slot.  They figure
> > over night listeners really don't "listen" to their programs, just have it
> > on in the background.
>
>    Greets -
>    People like myself, who have been in non-commercial radio,
>    for years, are amazed at the salaries of the Programming
>    Directors at radio stations.  These same high-priced clowns,
>    are the same who make the colossal mistakes in programming :
>
>                                   Giving us a replay of Noory !

- Michael "Weiner" Savage has stated on his program
- that he does not want to have his program played again,
- later, on the same radio station.

SAVAGE ! [The Savage Nation] is now on
KTRB-AM 860 kHz [Xtra Sports 860] in the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTRB
SF Bay Area and is Broadcast Live
1st - "Live" The Savage Nation -afternoons- 3 PM to 5 PM
* The Afternoon Drive / Commute
2nd - "Replay" The Savage Nation -mornings- 6 AM to 9 AM
* The Morning Drive / Commute
http://www.xtra860am.com/programming.html?Name=Value

NOTE - This has introduced Michael Savage and
"The Savage Nation" to a whole new group of
'Morning' Radio Listeners in the SF Bay Area.
* Yeah - SAVAGE ! now has them {you} coming
and going to Work and and home again.

Michael Savage and "The Savage Nation"
http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Savage_Nation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage_%28commentator%29

FWIW - KFBK-AM on 1530 kHz in Sacramento, CA
used to do a Rush Limbaugh Show* "Replay" at Night
but now carry Coast To Coast AM from 10 PM to 4AM.
http://www.kfbk.com/pages/schedule.html
* Rush is still on from 9 AM to Noon.

-as-they-say- Things Change . . . ~ RHF
.

- I am waiting the debut of Laura Ingraham and
- Alex Jones in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I trust that you have already bought Burial Insurance ;-}

RHF

Aug 11, 2010, 8:27:38 AM8/11/10
On Aug 10, 3:20 pm, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
- But just think about the 18 wheeler truck drivers
- rolling around and listening to their air horns blowing
- on CTC.
- WHOMP! WHOMP!
-
- George Noory probally,,,,,
-
- Nawww, I better not say that.
- cuhulin

KXL-AM 750 kHz Portland, OR @ 2:25 AM PST
http://www.kxl.com/
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?sr=Y&s=C&call=kXL&x=0&y=0

KXL Program Schedule
http://www.kxl.com/pages/5960256.php

The "Midnight 'Trucking' Radio Network" Show
http://www.midnighttrucking.com/
Featuring a whole lot of Trucker ADZ
and Truck Talk too.

truck-on good buddies ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA
.

RHF

Aug 11, 2010, 5:28:22 PM8/11/10
On Aug 10, 4:16 pm, Free Form <joe.sixpack.2...@gmail.com> wrote:
- Hardly anyone is mentioning the gentleman - Alex Jones from
- Austin, Texas.  There is a station in Santa Cruz, California,
- @ 1080 on the dial, during the evenings.  However the wattage
- is low and it is hard to receive in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Heard "Rosie' on KSCO-AM on 1080 kHz from
Santa Cruz at 6:40 AM PDT here in Twain Harte,
CA around 100 Over-the-Air Miles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KSCO
http://www.radio-locator.com/info/KSCO-AM
-tip- Get a Hula-Hoop and make a 1-Metre
Loop Antenna so that you can RF Dial-in
and rotate to Aim-for KSCO in Santa Cruz.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/432180b40e5a8feb
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/8e363c0ac86fac66
-build- a Triangle Loop Antenna on the back
of a Door 2-Ft Base with 3-Foot Arms to the
Top Point : The Door can Rotate 90*~180*
and be moved to Aim the Antenna. Takes up
no room and you can cover the Antenna.

Alex Jones is on KSCO Nights 7 PM to 10 PM
http://www.ksco.com/program
http://www.infowars.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_%28radio_host%29

it's radio - so just listen ~ RHF

VegasNightOwl

Aug 11, 2010, 6:14:27 PM8/11/10

"dave" <da...@dave.dave> wrote in message

Friends with Jerry Brown? I was under the impression every politician in
California is his enemy.

VegasNightOwl

VegasNightOwl

Aug 11, 2010, 6:16:47 PM8/11/10

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Though I haven't tried to listne for them, is the Truckin' Bozo radio show
still on the air? I recall tuning them in once in a while and though it
wasn't my field of expertise, I did find alot of the information provided
interesting and didn't know how much truckers have to abide by.

VegasNightOwl

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 11, 2010, 9:59:17 PM8/11/10
Dale Summers, you mean?
He IS a BOZO! Looka here, he said New Orleans wasen't worth rebuilding.
He and I emailed back and forth with each other a couple of times, right
after Katrina.He started getting pissed off at me when I told him New
Orleans is worth rebuilding.
Dennis Hastert also said New Orleans wasen't worth rebuilding.

Gulf Blue Flu is Evolving
http://www.stevequayle.com/index1.html
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 11, 2010, 11:13:15 PM8/11/10
U.S.Census to visit 1 in 700 homes
http://www.rense.com

To Hell with them! (''them!'')
cuhulin

RHF

Aug 12, 2010, 4:22:35 AM8/12/10
> Heard "Rosie' onKSCO-AM on 1080 kHz from

> Santa Cruz at 6:40 AM PDT here in Twain Harte,
> CA around 100 Over-the-Air Mileshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KSCOhttp://www.radio-locator.com/info/KSCO-AM

> -tip- Get a Hula-Hoop and make a 1-Metre
> Loop Antenna so that you can RF Dial-in
> and rotate  to Aim-forKSCOin Santa Cruz.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/432180b40e5a8febhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/8e363c0ac86fac66

> -build- a Triangle Loop Antenna on the back
> of a Door 2-Ft Base with 3-Foot Arms to the
> Top Point : The Door can Rotate 90*~180*
> and be moved to Aim the Antenna. Takes up
> no room and you can cover the Antenna.

- Alex Jones is on KSCO Nights 7 PM to 10 PM
- http://www.ksco.com/program
- http://www.infowars.com/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_%28radio_host%29
-
- it's radio - so just listen ~ RHF
- .

Hearing Alex Jones on KSCO-AM 1080 kHz
at 9:25~9:40 PM PDT

Hey - I am also hearing the BBC-WS News
on 550 kHz -wow-

~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA
Grundig Satellit 800 Radio with a

5-Wire Horizontal Antenna* & MLB
.
* The Rotor Cable 5-Bander a Mid-Size Multi-Element
Antenna for Shortwave Radio Listeners (SWL)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/1d28310b93a26ff8

* A Not So Simple 5-Bander+Plus
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/aea23fa41d6f5241
-more- DIY SWL Antennas in this thread.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/browse_frm/thread/0977d96f51aaa45c/7332309d2eacf536?#7332309d2eacf536
.

dave

Aug 12, 2010, 9:13:14 AM8/12/10

New Orleans is the soul of America. As she goes, so goes the nation.

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 12, 2010, 9:56:52 AM8/12/10
Art Bell and George Noory are Good guys.They run an entertaining show
for late night people to listen to and also to call in and talk about
whatever.

I don't stay awake late nights anymore.I have to get my beauty sleep.
cuhulin

It is loading more messages.