VOA Gone?

Jay

May 8, 2004, 11:23:52 AM5/8/04
I drifted away from sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to
have discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA frequencies.
I used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and Central America feeds
like locals, and during the day I got other feeds, generally pretty well.
Now I can't find them at all.

What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?

Jay

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:28:32 AM5/8/04

Jay wrote:

The complete VOA sked is available here:

http://www.voa.gov/index.cfm?sectionTitle=Shortwave%20Frequencies

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Jay

May 8, 2004, 11:53:57 AM5/8/04
Yes,

That's the first thing I checked, and I found the listing for Caribbean and
Central America is gone (I have on old printout). I haven't had a chance to
try daytime yet but there seem to be no nighttime signals in their current
list which I can hear here.

Any more details on VOA?

Jay
"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:56:44 AM5/8/04

Jay wrote:

> Yes,
>
> That's the first thing I checked, and I found the listing for Caribbean and
> Central America is gone (I have on old printout). I haven't had a chance to
> try daytime yet but there seem to be no nighttime signals in their current
> list which I can hear here.
>
> Any more details on VOA?

What more do you want? That's the damn schedule.

Sheeesh.... You want me to write reception reports for ya too?

Jay

May 8, 2004, 12:20:39 PM5/8/04
Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on any
signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
reasonable questions for this forum.

Jay

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 12:23:26 PM5/8/04

Jay wrote:

> Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
> tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on any
> signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
> reasonable questions for this forum.

No anger at all... I gave you the site for the schedule... what more do you
want?

The VOA is audible most anytime here.

Turn your radio on.

JOE

May 8, 2004, 12:07:32 PM5/8/04

> Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
> tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on
any
> signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
> reasonable questions for this forum.

Silly you - you clearly haven't noticed this group is about most everything
BUT
shortwave radio anymore. It's all about flame wars between 2 or 3 nutjobs
who think this is their private playground, and about political rantings -
surely
you've noticed that MOST of the posts have some stupid subject line that has
NOTHING to do with radio.

I thought you questions were fine - I'm curious myself if that in 10 years
there
will even be SW radio and Ham radio left as we know it - or will digital
modes
completely eliminate all of it?

JOE

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 12:31:44 PM5/8/04

JOE wrote:

I gave him the schedule, retard... what more could he want other than someone to
hold his hand and help him turn his radio on?

Crap, if ya can't hear the VOA you better find another hobby.

Buster

May 8, 2004, 1:11:13 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

You sound like a real gentleman!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 1:16:44 PM5/8/04

Buster wrote:

Thanks!

Mike Terry

May 8, 2004, 1:24:23 PM5/8/04
Jay,

Don't worry, what you ask is fine and someone hopefully will answer.

Usually dxers are friendly.

73s

Mike

"Jay" <jaypo...@snet.net> wrote in message

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 1:29:31 PM5/8/04

Mike Terry wrote:

> Jay,
>
> Don't worry, what you ask is fine and someone hopefully will answer.
>
> Usually dxers are friendly.

How much more friendly could I have been other than to refer him to the
schedule, retard?

> 73s

it's 73, not 73s

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 1:38:46 PM5/8/04

Mike Terry wrote:

> Jay,
>
> Don't worry, what you ask is fine and someone hopefully will answer.
>
> Usually dxers are friendly.

And you had no answer for him at all did you?

Jim Hackett

May 8, 2004, 1:39:53 PM5/8/04
Yes, there are a few A-holes here. Sorry you had to find one so quickly.
[Killfile]

Larry Ozarow

May 8, 2004, 1:48:31 PM5/8/04
Jeez, Steve, none of the broadcasts on VOA's schedule
are beamed to the Northeastern US. All Jay asked
was if anyone has good experience in this part of the
country with any of their transmissions. It was a perfectly
reasonable question and there was no call to get all
wacky on him.

Go ahead, call me a retard. That's a very clever retort
coming from a middle-aged man, and from you I'll take
it as a compliment.

Oz

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 1:52:32 PM5/8/04

Larry Ozarow wrote:

> Jeez, Steve, none of the broadcasts on VOA's schedule
> are beamed to the Northeastern US. All Jay asked
> was if anyone has good experience in this part of the
> country with any of their transmissions. It was a perfectly
> reasonable question and there was no call to get all
> wacky on him.
>
> Go ahead, call me a retard. That's a very clever retort
> coming from a middle-aged man, and from you I'll take
> it as a compliment.
>
> Oz

And I've still provided him with more info than you have...

Your point?

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 2:00:34 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 09:23 am <-0600 UTC>, Jay <jaypo...@snet.net> posted:
%MM

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
John Figliozzi writes on p 44 (summary in my words):

He called it "death by 1000 cuts".
VOA's already reduced to 19 hrs/day will soon be cut to 14. Smith-Mundt Act
(I'm not familiar with this) which means the changes are done out of public
view. The board of governors (mixture of commercial broadcasters and
political appointees) prefer spending $ on obscure commercial-sounding
propaganda outlets instead (Radio Free Asia, R. Farda, R. Sawa etc [I don't
know what the etc might be]). Other languages are also being cut. He
wondered if the funding cuts for VOA is b/c their charter maeans gov't
can't interfere and funding other outlets is subject to no such
constraints. He suggests writing to gov't representatives.

---
I'm guessing these cuts have occurred and continue. I don't generally
pursue VOA but have noticed I don't come across it as much when going after
other stations.
--
-UA

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 2:04:11 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 10:23 am <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

You're DXing too much and not sleeping enough?

Actually, there are more than American-based listeners in the world. VOA is
not available "most anytime" in many locales. And it has reduced its
schedule and number of languages.
--
-UA

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 2:07:38 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

> On Sat, 08 May 2004 10:23 am <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
> posted: %MM
>

> > Jay wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
> >> tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on
> >> any signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
> >> reasonable questions for this forum.
> >
> > No anger at all... I gave you the site for the schedule... what more do
> > you want?
> >
> > The VOA is audible most anytime here.
> >
> > Turn your radio on.
>
> You're DXing too much and not sleeping enough?

I get plenty of sleep, you need to learn to read!

> Actually, there are more than American-based listeners in the world.

No kidding!

> VOA is
> not available "most anytime" in many locales. And it has reduced its
> schedule and number of languages.

No kidding! It's all in the schedule I provided...

You better wake up!

John Doty

May 8, 2004, 2:20:41 PM5/8/04
Jay wrote:
> Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
> tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on any
> signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
> reasonable questions for this forum.

Shortwave has pretty much disappeared from this newsgroup. Nearly all
posts are by closed-minded ideologues berating each other. The best way
I know of to identify a fool is that fools like to argue with people
they consider to be fools.

In answer to your original question, many international broadcasters,
including the VOA, have judged that they get better coverage of their
intended audiences via FM, satellite, and internet broadcasting, at
least in the more developed countries. It has gotten much more difficult
to pick up international shortwave in North America because of this. So
it becomes much more of a research problem: understanding propagation,
look for a broadcast intended for somewhere else that might make it to
your location. I can't give you specifics because I haven't done the
research for the VOA, and in any case, it depends on what part of the
country you live in. It often depends on things like transmitter antenna
sidelobes. It's generally impractical to obtain this information, so you
just have to try a bunch of frequencies to see what you can get. A good
antenna is a must.

-jpd

Dan Robinson

May 8, 2004, 2:23:36 PM5/8/04
Suggested email to the House Subcommittee on Appropriations (for) Commerce,
Justice and State Department, or to your own representatives:

Dear Congressman/Senator:

I have observed, along with many Americans in recent weeks and months,
the steady decline in the availability of Voice of America (VOA) programs
using shortwave frequencies.

It is simply outrageous that American citizens, who continue to fund VOA
programs, are no longer able to hear programming that it is otherwise
provided on VOA websites such as "voanews.com" and clearly aimed
at being competitivewith other world news "portals" on the internet.

It is absurd that VOA's considerable news programming continues
to fall under the Smith-Mundt Act, and that this law remains on the books
in the 21st century.

Why hasn't Congress moved to eliminate Smith-Mundt? Does anyone
truly believe, in this day and age, that this law still serves a purpose?

Americans should be able to hear the output of VOA other than through
internet websites, which are themselves, a work-around that effectively
renders Smith-Mundt restrictions moot. VOA should be accessible, as
well, via FM outlets across the United States.

I urge you to address these points in open congressional hearings, and
move to reverse what appears to many who continue to respect VOA's
news output, to be VOA's "death-by-a-thousand-cuts."

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 2:25:34 PM5/8/04

Dan Robinson wrote:

Good point Dan.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 2:37:33 PM5/8/04

John Doty wrote:

> Jay wrote:
> > Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
> > tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on any
> > signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
> > reasonable questions for this forum.
>
> Shortwave has pretty much disappeared from this newsgroup. Nearly all
> posts are by closed-minded ideologues berating each other. The best way
> I know of to identify a fool is that fools like to argue with people
> they consider to be fools.

I answered his question did I not? Did I not point him in the right direction
with the schedule info? Did I not tell him to turn his radio on? Did I not tell
him that the VOA is heard on a regular basis?

Once again I have to ask, should I go help him tune his radio and write reception
reports for him?

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 2:42:42 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:37 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

The thread is not about what a hero you are. Though it is becoming that.
Think twice, post once.
--
-UA

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 2:46:02 PM5/8/04

Jim Hackett wrote:

> Yes, there are a few A-holes here. Sorry you had to find one so quickly.

Get a grip retard, and try and polish up those DXing skills!

I gave the boy the info on where to find the VOA, if he can't figure out how to
utilise it then as I asked, what should I do, go turn on his radio and help him
tune it?

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 2:47:55 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

When have I ever claimed to be a 'hero', retard?

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 2:49:07 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:46 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

No.
Just stop repeating this over and over.
--
-UA

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 2:52:49 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

OK, as soon as I'm sure you understand it, shit for brains!

Michael Bryant

May 8, 2004, 3:00:42 PM5/8/04
>From: uncle arnie uncle...@mexnet.DOT

>Think twice, post once.

That's twice as much as Steve is capable of!

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 3:02:03 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:47 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

Your repeated post with the same content labels you. You're correct, your
posting behavior merits descriptions other than 'hero' for doing do.
Please recognize that your posts on this thread are repetitive. You want
recognition that you "answered his question did [you] not? ....". So it is
recognized that you're repeatedly posted this. So helpfully. So many
times. Thanks so much!

And here's another piece of what you cut:

Michael Bryant

May 8, 2004, 3:02:51 PM5/8/04
>From: uncle arnie uncle...@mexnet.DOT

>No.
>Just stop repeating this over and over.
>--

If you haven't figured it out by now, the NG's Master DX Centurion isn't
original enough to avoid his words ad infinitum.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 3:06:23 PM5/8/04

Michael 'My momma sure didn't raise me right' Bryant wrote:

> >From: uncle arnie uncle...@mexnet.DOT
>
> >Think twice, post once.
>
> That's twice as much as Steve is capable of!

And you Fat Boy... Think one, fabricate twice?

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 3:08:07 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

And you've still provided no useful info on the VOA...

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 3:09:36 PM5/8/04

Michael 'I can't even find a radio let alone listen to it' Bryant wrote:

> >From: uncle arnie uncle...@mexnet.DOT
>
> >No.
> >Just stop repeating this over and over.
> >--
>
> If you haven't figured it out by now, the NG's Master DX Centurion isn't
> original enough to avoid his words ad infinitum.

And you've provided no info on the VOA have you....

At least I provided the sked, and attempted to point him in the right
direction.

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 3:10:42 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:08 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

Yes I have. see: 109q84o...@corp.supernews.com
quoted below.

>From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
>John Figliozzi writes on p 44 (summary in my words):

> From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
> John Figliozzi writes on p 44 (summary in my words):
>
> He called it "death by 1000 cuts".
> VOA's already reduced to 19 hrs/day will soon be cut to 14. Smith-Mundt
Act
> (I'm not familiar with this) which means the changes are done out of
public
> view. The board of governors  (mixture of commercial broadcasters and
> political appointees) prefer spending $ on obscure commercial-sounding
> propaganda outlets instead (Radio Free Asia, R. Farda, R. Sawa etc [I
don't
> know what the etc might be]).  Other languages are also being cut.  He
> wondered if the funding cuts for VOA is b/c their charter maeans gov't
> can't interfere and funding other outlets is subject to no such
> constraints.  He suggests writing to gov't representatives.
>
> ---
> I'm guessing these cuts have occurred and continue.  I don't generally
> pursue VOA but have noticed I don't come across it as much when going
after
> other stations.
> He called it "death by 1000 cuts".

>--
>-UA

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 3:14:30 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

That's nice, but hardly useful for someone trying to tune the VOA in on a
radio....

Nice try...

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 3:16:56 PM5/8/04

Michael 'I cain't DX' Bryant wrote:

> >From: uncle arnie uncle...@mexnet.DOT
>
> >No.
> >Just stop repeating this over and over.
> >--
>
> If you haven't figured it out by now, the NG's Master DX Centurion isn't
> original enough to avoid his words ad infinitum.

At least I am a Master DX Centurion... and you're not!

You're not a PhD either..!

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 3:26:20 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:14 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

> That's nice, but hardly useful for someone trying to tune the VOA in on a
> radio....
>
> Nice try...

The original post contained the following:

>What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
>transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?

I answered the first part. You repetitively answered the second, and not
nicely. Notice that the original poster's initial response about "causing
you so much anger".

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 3:28:25 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:16 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

> Michael 'I cain't DX' Bryant wrote:
>
>> >From: uncle arnie uncle...@mexnet.DOT
>>
>> >No.
>> >Just stop repeating this over and over.
>> >--
>>
>> If you haven't figured it out by now, the NG's Master DX Centurion isn't
>> original enough to avoid his words ad infinitum.
>
> At least I am a Master DX Centurion...

And my hero!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 3:30:44 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

I have absolutely no control over what his initial response was, retard. And I
was not, and am not angry... get over it fuckwad.

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 3:40:32 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:30 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

You use this sort of abusive language when you are not angry. I see.

You did not respond to the first part of my response: that I answered the
first part of the question. Just like you are not angry, you don't have
selective perception, I'm sure.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 3:43:40 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

No you don't fuckwad... I'm not angry... get over it.

David

May 8, 2004, 3:48:33 PM5/8/04
HF Broadcasting is on life-support. Prognosis is poor.

On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:23:52 GMT, "Jay" <jaypo...@snet.net> wrote:

>I drifted away from sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to
>have discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA frequencies.
>I used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and Central America feeds
>like locals, and during the day I got other feeds, generally pretty well.
>Now I can't find them at all.

>What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
>transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?
>

>Jay

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 3:51:14 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:43 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

Thou doth protest too much. You lack insight, if you can't see the anger in
your choice of language. And you snipped out the other part of my post, so
you're confirmed that you have self-centered, selective perception. This
is what makes you a hero; more completely, a hero to youself.

finis.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 3:53:52 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

Get over it fuckwad... or you got a problem?

Michael Bryant

May 8, 2004, 4:08:02 PM5/8/04
>From: N8KDV n8...@nospam.iserv.net

>Get over it fuckwad... or you got a problem?

Oh yeah, no one could ever accuse Steve Lare of having a problem!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 4:18:23 PM5/8/04

Michael 'I got shit for brains' Bryant wrote:

> >From: N8KDV n8...@nospam.iserv.net
>
> >Get over it fuckwad... or you got a problem?
>
> Oh yeah, no one could ever accuse Steve Lare of having a problem!

There's a difference between being accused of having a problem and
actually having one Mr. Communication.

Learn to comprehend!

Volker Tonn

May 8, 2004, 5:52:08 PM5/8/04

N8KDV schrieb:

> At least I provided the sked, and attempted to point him in the right
> direction.

Your "information" was worthless. Get it.

Take a bath and beware of the whales.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 5:54:51 PM5/8/04

Volker Tonn wrote:

> N8KDV schrieb:
>
> > At least I provided the sked, and attempted to point him in the right
> > direction.
> >

> Your "information" was worthless. Get it.

Really, the VOA sked is worthless? Perhaps to someone like you who doesn't
listen to shortwave. Get it?

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 5:56:55 PM5/8/04

Volker Tonn wrote:

> Take a bath and beware of the whales.

I haven't had a bath in years!

LOL!

Volker Tonn

May 8, 2004, 7:08:07 PM5/8/04

N8KDV schrieb:

> Volker Tonn wrote:
>

>>N8KDV schrieb:
>>

>>>At least I provided the sked, and attempted to point him in the right
>>>direction.
>>>

>>Your "information" was worthless. Get it.
>

> Really, the VOA sked is worthless?

So tell the originate poster which transmissin could be heard in
NE-america for some chance and what local time due to maybe grayline or
night/ daytime only reception corresponding to the frequencies and
transmitter sites.
That would really help the originate poster to get censored
"information" from his government.

> Perhaps to someone like you who doesn't
> listen to shortwave. Get it?

Listening to VOA is in fact worthless. For some bad reason I get their
hourly news from a local FM-transmitter during daytime on buisiness.
Pure propaganda for US troops travelling outside US and torture people
just for the ONLY reason to get control over raw oil reserves.
ALL other given reasons are pure lies of the US gouvernment. But most US
citicens are too stupid to realize it.
They just believe in the fabrications and lies of the gouvernment you
are supporting. So YOU are a fabricator and liar too. That's a proven fact.
I do just listen to BBC on 6195. But for sure I do not listen to
shortwave as much as you do as I am employed and having a real family
life. Get it.

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 9:29:37 PM5/8/04

> I gave him the schedule, retard... what more could he want other than
someone to
> hold his hand and help him turn his radio on?
>
> Crap, if ya can't hear the VOA you better find another hobby.

He KNOWS the schedule has changed you humorless, ill tempered twit. He's
trying to find out WHY
it changed. What happened. The schedule doesn't cover that.
NOW do you understand.
Sheeeeeesh, it's fuckwads like you that ruin usenet.
Now take a turd, suck it to a point and poke your freakin' eye out with it.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 9:21:21 PM5/8/04

Volker Tonn wrote:

> N8KDV schrieb:
>

> > Volker Tonn wrote:

> >>Your "information" was worthless. Get it.
> >

> > Really, the VOA sked is worthless?
>
> So tell the originate poster which transmissin could be heard in
> NE-america for some chance and what local time due to maybe grayline or
> night/ daytime only reception corresponding to the frequencies and
> transmitter sites.
> That would really help the originate poster to get censored
> "information" from his government.
>
> > Perhaps to someone like you who doesn't
> > listen to shortwave. Get it?
>
> Listening to VOA is in fact worthless. For some bad reason I get their
> hourly news from a local FM-transmitter during daytime on buisiness.
> Pure propaganda for US troops travelling outside US and torture people
> just for the ONLY reason to get control over raw oil reserves.

Yeah right! Is that why some Germans were making money in the Iraqi food for
oil program?

You folks don't need oil at all do you?

> ALL other given reasons are pure lies of the US gouvernment.

Just look back at your history pal, didn't the German Gov't. lie a bit too?
Just a smidgen?

> But most US
> citicens are too stupid to realize it.

Yes, we're all just stupid... stupid enough to invade your country too! And I
guess we did! It was called World War Two, guess who started it? Got a clue?

> They just believe in the fabrications and lies of the gouvernment you
> are supporting. So YOU are a fabricator and liar too. That's a proven fact.
> I do just listen to BBC on 6195. But for sure I do not listen to
> shortwave as much as you do as I am employed and having a real family
> life.

I'm sure sorry you can't listen as much as I do, but seeing as how this is a
shortwave group I'm surprised at how pissed off some folks can get because I
can listen to shortwave quite a bit.

Jealousy perhaps?

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 9:26:28 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

The sked changes twice a year, shit for brains. And it's nice to see that your
contribution offered zero in the way of advice!

Glad I'm no longer at your level of DXing!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Dan

May 8, 2004, 9:30:01 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 8 May 2004 21:29:37 -0400, "coustanis" <coust...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Now take a turd, suck it to a point and poke your freakin' eye out with it.

LOL! That's a great line! Consider it stolen.

Dan

Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440,
Grundig S650, S700, S800, YB400, YB550PE
Degen DE1102, Kaito KA1102
Hallicrafters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 9:39:30 PM5/8/04

> No you don't fuckwad... I'm not angry...

Then you're just an idiot.

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 9:40:07 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message
Learn to communicate.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 9:34:18 PM5/8/04

Dan wrote:

> On Sat, 8 May 2004 21:29:37 -0400, "coustanis" <coust...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Now take a turd, suck it to a point and poke your freakin' eye out with it.
>
> LOL! That's a great line! Consider it stolen.

I just wonder if he has first hand experience doing that!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 9:37:17 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

You mean like you? Say it ain't so!

I gave the poor guy more advice than you did fuckwad!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 9:37:54 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

LOL....

RHF

May 8, 2004, 9:39:22 PM5/8/04
JAY,

From: Albert P. Belle Isle (bell...@CerberusSystems.com)
Subject: 214 English-Language HF Broadcasts
That are Audible in North East USA (09-APR-04)
Posted On: Google.Rec.Radio.Shortwave
Date: 2004-04-10 03:37:52 PST
MESSAGE-LINK=> http://tinyurl.com/28yfj

SUMMER 2004 (09-APR-04) 214
English-Language Broadcasts
usually audible at 42N39, 71W09
w/65ft V-1 TFD, 45ft T2FD,
28ft trap vertical or 65ft V-1 doublet
into Ten-Tec RX340 (or RX320)
LINK=> http://www.cerberussystems.com/~belleisl/SWL2004A.TXT
©Copyright 2004, all rights reserved
Albert P. BELLE ISLE Cerberus Systems, Inc.

From: Stewart Mackenzie (wdx...@earthlink.net)
Subject: Shortwave Radio Logs from Southern California
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2004-04-28 12:50:02 PST
MESSAGE-LINK=> http://tinyurl.com/2s3eu
For Logs from the opposite end of the Country.

PLUS - Here are a few YAHOO! EGroups that have some Shortwave Info.

* Shortwave-Radio and WorldBand Radio on the HF Bands
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shortwave-radio/

* The Basics of Shortwave
A place to learn/share ideas about Shortwave Radio
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thebasicsofshortwave/

* American Shortwave Listeners' Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASWLC/

* ComAirScan - A forum for the exchange of frequencies,
logging information, equipment.

* Group interested in Shortwave Radio DX'ing and DX'ing contests.

* AM-SW-DXing · A casual Shortwave and AM Broadcast DXing Forum,
technical, theories, experiments, frequencies, propagation.

* ShortWaveRadio - A Group to freely discuss topics on
Shortwave Radio, SWL, DXing
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShortWaveRadio/

* ShortWave Listening
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shortwavelistening/

BONUS - For Shortwave Listener "SWL" Antenna Information
Check-Out the Shortwave-SWL-Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
[ The 'focus' is Shortwave Listeners (SWL) Antennas and AM/FM Antennas
]

EXTRA - Multi-Links to Shortwave Listening Information
and AM/MW DXing Information
EXTRA=> http://tinyurl.com/yuspp

hope this helps ~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Jay" <jaypo...@snet.net> wrote in message
= = = news:<cY6nc.884$jd....@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>...

> I drifted away from sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to
> have discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA frequencies.
> I used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and Central America feeds
> like locals, and during the day I got other feeds, generally pretty well.
> Now I can't find them at all.
>

> What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
> transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?
>

> Jay

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 9:52:34 PM5/8/04

> coustanis wrote:
>
> > "N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message
> > >

> > > I gave him the schedule, retard... what more could he want other than
> > someone to
> > > hold his hand and help him turn his radio on?
> > >
> > > Crap, if ya can't hear the VOA you better find another hobby.
> > >
> > He KNOWS the schedule has changed you humorless, ill tempered twit. He's
> > trying to find out WHY
> > it changed. What happened. The schedule doesn't cover that.
> > NOW do you understand.
> > Sheeeeeesh, it's fuckwads like you that ruin usenet.
> > Now take a turd, suck it to a point and poke your freakin' eye out with
it.

> The sked changes twice a year, shit for brains.

What's that got to do with you being a spastic cumsplat.

>And it's nice to see that your
> contribution offered zero in the way of advice!

My contribution let the OP know that he was welcome to come to this
group and ask questions. Unlike what you did.

> Glad I'm no longer at your level of DXing!

Me too. Believe me, me to.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 9:44:18 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

> "N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message
> >

> > I gave him the schedule, retard... what more could he want other than
> someone to
> > hold his hand and help him turn his radio on?
> >
> > Crap, if ya can't hear the VOA you better find another hobby.
> >
> He KNOWS the schedule has changed you humorless, ill tempered twit.

Yep, and I gave him the location of the new schedule... after that it's up to
him, is it not?

As I stated, what am I to do, come turn on his radio and tune it for him?

Some of you twits out there actualy have to put forth some effort.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 9:46:14 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

> "N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message
> >

> > coustanis wrote:
> >
> > > "N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

> > > someone to

> > > He KNOWS the schedule has changed you humorless, ill tempered twit. He's
> > > trying to find out WHY
> > > it changed. What happened. The schedule doesn't cover that.
> > > NOW do you understand.
> > > Sheeeeeesh, it's fuckwads like you that ruin usenet.
> > > Now take a turd, suck it to a point and poke your freakin' eye out with
> it.
> >
> > The sked changes twice a year, shit for brains.
>
> What's that got to do with you being a spastic cumsplat.
>
> >And it's nice to see that your
> > contribution offered zero in the way of advice!
>
> My contribution let the OP know that he was welcome to come to this
> group and ask questions.

Gee... you didn't say that at all fuckwad...

Nice try at the spin...

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 9:57:37 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

No wonder your wife left and your kids won't speak to you.

Pete & Renee Davis

May 8, 2004, 9:50:46 PM5/8/04
Monitoring Times lists then at 5995kHz and 6130kHz. I can't rmemebr which one it was, but I did catch them Friday night here in southern Maine. Fading in and out badly, but they're still heeeeeeeeeeeere.

Pete Davis

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 9:55:22 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

> "N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message
> >

> > coustanis wrote:
> >
> > > "N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

> > > Then you're just an idiot.
> >
> > You mean like you? Say it ain't so!
> >
> > I gave the poor guy more advice than you did fuckwad!
>
> No wonder your wife left and your kids won't speak to you.

LOL... are you related to Bryant?

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 10:16:02 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Well, actually I did. It just wasn't in words that you understood.

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 10:18:06 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Nope.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 10:11:26 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

Guess not!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 10:12:15 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

> "N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message
> >

> > coustanis wrote:
> >
> > > "N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

> > > No wonder your wife left and your kids won't speak to you.
> >
> > LOL... are you related to Bryant?
>
> Nope.

Sure would seem that way! He was talking about my wife leaving me some
time back!

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 10:36:58 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Err...Steve, EVERYONE is talking about your wife leaving you.

RHF

May 8, 2004, 10:29:54 PM5/8/04
JAY,

Here are two more Links to Explore:

Glenn Hauser's World of Radio <http://www.worldofradio.com/>
http://www.w4uvh.net/dxlatest.txt

World Radio Network <http://new.wrn.org/index.html>
http://new.wrn.org/listeners/stations/station.php?StationID=50
http://new.wrn.org/listeners/schedules/schedule.php?ScheduleID=2

hth ~ RHF

.
.
= = = "Jay" <jaypo...@snet.net> wrote in message
= = = news:<cY6nc.884$jd....@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>...

> I drifted away from sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to
> have discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA frequencies.
> I used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and Central America feeds
> like locals, and during the day I got other feeds, generally pretty well.
> Now I can't find them at all.
>
> What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
> transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?
>
> Jay

.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 10:32:13 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

That's pretty funny, retard! Because if EVERYONE is talking about that then
EVERYONE is pretty well screwed up because I've never been married!

Now stuff a wee bit more in that pipe and smoke yourself into oblivion!

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 10:42:31 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Exactly.

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 10:48:51 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

You're 50 years old and never been married.
Not too hard to see why.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 10:47:32 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

If anyone wants to find out how much fun this guy really is check out his posts
as

twofish asc...@yahoo.com

Pretty good Aaron!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 10:48:44 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

Is there something in the US Constitution or Bill of Rights that states I must
get married, retard?

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 11:06:22 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

You're starting to sweat, I can tell.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:01:31 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

Really? What am I sweating about, retard?

uncle arnie

May 8, 2004, 11:09:35 PM5/8/04
On Sat, 08 May 2004 08:48 pm <-0600 UTC>, N8KDV <n8...@nospam.iserv.net>
posted: %MM

If you got a little bump once in a while, maybe you'd be able to lighten up
the defensiveness and name calling.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:15:35 PM5/8/04

uncle arnie wrote:

Huh? I gotta get married to get a little bump? I'll be damned. Didn't know
that!

Thanks for the tip!

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 11:33:19 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

In your own words:
""I haven't had a bath in years!"

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 11:35:58 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

I didn't say there was something in the Constitution or BOR. I just said
that
I can see why no woman would have you.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:26:40 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

But I shower at least twice a day, retard!

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 11:36:58 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Your dick won't get hard, will it?

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:31:08 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

Obviously your vision is as bad as Bryant claims his to be!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:32:14 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

I'm sure you'd like to find out!

LOL!

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 11:49:12 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

So you want a fucking attaboy cookie?
Besides, don't you think twice a day is a bit obsessive? Maybe if you learn
to wipe your
ass after you shit, you could cut it back to once a day like normal people
and quit wasting water.

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 11:51:24 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Having gay fantasies again? No wonder your wife left you.

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:45:26 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

Got a whole big lake full of water here! Got springs in the ravine out back...
got plenty of water.

Can't waste water anyway... it gets recycled!

coustanis

May 8, 2004, 11:53:39 PM5/8/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Where the fuck did that come from?
HELLOOO. Try to stay focused here, ok?

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:46:22 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

Gee, I thought the gay fantasies were yours!

N8KDV

May 8, 2004, 11:50:21 PM5/8/04

coustanis wrote:

I am focused, retard! You stated: I can see why no woman would have you.

I replied: Obviously your vision is as bad as Bryant claims his to be!

What the fuck don't you understand, shithead?

coustanis

May 9, 2004, 12:04:05 AM5/9/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Awww hell. Can't say much to that.
Mmmmmm recycle, good.

coustanis

May 9, 2004, 12:06:12 AM5/9/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

There ya' go, thinking again.

N8KDV

May 9, 2004, 12:05:33 AM5/9/04

N8KDV wrote:

And they are, are they not? Your ads in the md.personals tell the sad tale!

N8KDV

May 9, 2004, 12:08:18 AM5/9/04

coustanis wrote:

Is your name Jon or Aaron?... seems to be some question about that.

twofish (asc...@yahoo.com)

ascus4 (ascu...@yahoo.com)

sasquatch (mo...@yahoo.com)

Yoshi (yo...@pickrell.com)

Nunoo Quarco (asc...@yahoo.com)

margera (coust...@yahoo.com)

dances_with_ferrets (coust...@yahoo.com)

coustanis (coust...@yahoo.com)

twofish (north...@yahoo.com)

No one special (no....@address.com)

John Barnard

May 9, 2004, 12:13:37 AM5/9/04
There was nothing wrong with the information concerning the schedule
information. I would think that just about everyone on here checks out
schedule information at one point or another.

There are a number of spoilers that schedule information can't accomodate.
Propagation, receiver differences, antenna differences, local noise etc.,
etc. can render even the most up-to-date schedule information as seemingly
useless. In other words, without knowing everything that Jay tried, the
information was useful.

The follow-up on the other hand........

John Barnard

Volker Tonn wrote:

> N8KDV schrieb:
>
> > At least I provided the sked, and attempted to point him in the right
> > direction.
> >

> Your "information" was worthless. Get it.
>
> Take a bath and beware of the whales.

coustanis

May 9, 2004, 12:23:07 AM5/9/04

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

I don't understand why you're such a pantywasted dicksplat. I don't
understand why
you have no wife and no life. I don't understand the meaning of life or the
answer to the universe.
I don't understand why you're sitting up there in the middle of a freakin'
lightning storm with your
delicate electronics running just so you can try to have the last word in an
innane exchange of
flames with someone that you've never met.
I guess that about covers it.

It is loading more messages.