Fix for CCRadio displaying broken numbers

已查看 3,225 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Bob Miller

未读,
2005年9月18日 10:41:282005/9/18
收件人
I have a Sangean/C.Crane CCRadio, a few years old. The display screen
shows only bits and pieces of numbers and letters. Any known, easy fix
I could do?

I contacted the C.Crane company, and they want $49.95 just to have
their repair guy look at it, plus shipping both ways. Might as well
get a new one, as do that -- so, looking for a home fix.

Thanks,

Bob
k5qwg

KH

未读,
2005年9月18日 11:34:172005/9/18
收件人
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:41:28 GMT, Bob Miller <NOS...@neosoft.com>
wrote:

RHF

未读,
2005年9月18日 12:37:542005/9/18
收件人
BM,
.
This is a consistantly reported build-in defect that
usually appears {LCD Disappears} after about one year
of owership and use of either of these CCRadios being
sold by the C Crane Co. => http://www.ccrane.com/
.
It is clearly a Latent Manufacturing Defect with the
both the CCRadio and CCRadioPlus+ that were built by
by the Sangean USA Corp. http://www.sangean.com/
POC => http://www.sangean.com/contact.html
SERVICE => http://www.sangean.com/contact_service.html
.
IMHO - C Crane Co. and Sangean USA Corp. the manufacture
should Repair or Replace these defective Radios for FREE !
WARRANTY => http://www.ccrane.com/help.aspx#warranty
.
CCRadio and CCRadioPlus+ Users Group on YAHOO !
.
CC Radio Plus + CC Radio Plus + CC Radio Plus +
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/am-fm-radios/ccradio-plus/index.aspx
.
.
and that's my opinion on that - yeah ~ RHF
.
.
. .

wavetrapper

未读,
2005年9月18日 12:51:012005/9/18
收件人
Nothing here you don't already know but others may find this to be of
interest.

http://www.radiointel.com/reviews.htm

Scroll down until you see Sangean CCRadio.

Russ K3Pi

RHF

未读,
2005年9月18日 13:14:362005/9/18
收件人
For One and All,
.
Go to the bottom of the CCRadio Review and Read the
http://www.radiointel.com/reviews.htm
Update August 5, 2004 - Display (LCD) Reliability
.

cuh...@webtv.net

未读,
2005年9月18日 13:43:392005/9/18
收件人
That Sangean CCRadio is just like the one I bought about eight years ago
from ccrane.It did NOT pick up any radio stations any better than my
other old radios.I tried it out for one week and I sent thay wayyyyyy
over priced piece of plastic JUNK back.Then I bought a Sangean ATS 909
Shortwave radio and I tried it for a week too.HUMP!,that radio didn't
show me dip s..t!,I sent that wayyyyyy over priced piece of plastic JUNK
back too.How does ccrane get away with it,RIPPING so many people OFF
(post a complaint about ccrane and Sangean at www.ripoffreport.com) like
that all the time? And those two Kooks,Art Bell and George Noory are
still touting that RIPP OFF artist ccrane company and those RIPP OFF
Sangean radios.Buy a Sangean radio from crane and expect to send it back
to ccrane in a year or two for digital front panel repair/replacement
and be prepared to pay at least about $50.00 plus shipping and handling
charges too,,,, What A RIPP OFF! I wonder if Art Bell and George Noory
are getting any kickbacks from ccrane repairing those Sangean radios?
cuhulin

Invader3K

未读,
2005年9月18日 14:42:572005/9/18
收件人
cuhulin, just out of curiosity...what radio would YOU recommend for
someone wanting to listen to long range AM?

Bob Miller

未读,
2005年9月18日 16:23:422005/9/18
收件人
On 18 Sep 2005 09:37:54 -0700, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

Well, my CCRadio display went bad after the warranty ran out.

In one of the other groups, someone said to just go in and clean the
panel layers and electrical contacts etcetera with isop. alcohol -- I
may try that.

You'd think, with the panels apparantly going consistently bad, they
would come up with some other readout -- oh, well...

bob
k5qwg

cuh...@webtv.net

未读,
2005年9月18日 17:38:592005/9/18
收件人
Long range AM? A good tube type radio or a car radio from about the
1970's on back.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

未读,
2005年9月18日 17:44:172005/9/18
收件人
You won't find any new modern day radios at any price nowdays that are
much ado about picking up long range AM radio stations.Some of those
little cheap hand held radios are just as good as the expensive AM
radios at picking up long range AM radio stations.The most important
thing is,Antenna Antenna Antenna no matter how expensive or inexpensive
the radios are.
cuhulin

mi...@evenlink.com

未读,
2005年9月19日 08:37:282005/9/19
收件人
Or pick up a GE Superradio for $65 . Analog read out, saves batteries
not as accurate as digital tuning. Sounds good works well.
Mike

cuh...@webtv.net

未读,
2005年9月19日 09:47:202005/9/19
收件人
I have a GE radio around here somewhere that is suppose to be good at
picking up long distance AM stations and the radio works too,it isn't a
GE Super radio though and it is sitting on the floor among a bunch of
other old radios behind my old antique pump organ, (no puns,please,I
don't go that route) that I use for my tv stand that my tv set that is
hooked up to my webtv set top box and my other tv set that is hooked up
to my DirectTV set top box.(Three Stooges is on Spike tv now) I might
get around one of these days and digging that GE radio out and looking
at what model of a model that GE long distance radio is.My best long
distance transistor radio is my old Sears Travler AM/FM/Shortwave
Radio,but the on/off/volume contol and them mechanical push button
thingys on top of the radio are worn out,they was worn out when I bought
the radio at a Goodwill store about nine years ago.I can get the radio
to working if I keep messing around with the controls long enough,but
it's kind of like fighting a loseing Battle.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

未读,
2005年9月19日 09:50:592005/9/19
收件人
If you go looking for a GE Super Radio,see if you can find one of the
first model GE Super Radios.They are much better than the later model GE
Super Radios,according to reports I have read about them on the internet
about five years ago.
cuhulin

RHF

未读,
2005年9月20日 00:28:152005/9/20
收件人
FO&A,
.
For the AM/MW and FM Radio Program Listener the GE Superadios
are better then the CCRadios - and that's a fact jack ! ~ RHF
.
If anyone is considering a GE Superadio then know this :
.
* The "FIRST" GE Superadio was not marked (Badged) as a Superadio.
= = = The Model Number was 7-2880. = The First Super Radio
GESR1 => http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/longrange/
* GE SUPERADIO I
General Electric Model # 7-2880
Speaker: Single/One 5".
Single Band Width.
Knobs: Black Body with Chrome Base Ring.
Size: 13"W - 9"H - 3.25"D
Badging 'General (GE) Electric' on the speaker grill.
Printed on the Tuning Band Scale: "Long Range" & "High Selectivity"
Made in HONG KONG and other locations
.
* GE Superadio II Model # 7-2885 = The BEST Super Radio
GESR2 => http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/longrange/
SR-II GE SUPERADIO II
General Electric Model # 7-2885
Speakers: Dual 5" and 1".
Single Band Width.
Knobs: Chrome (color) Body including the bases.
Size 13"W - 9"H - 3.25"D.
Badging: General (GE) Electric "SUPERADIO II" on the speaker grill.
Printed on the Tuning Band Scale: "Long Range" & "High Selectivity"
Made in MALAYSIA and other locations from 1987 until 1994.
.
* GE Superadio III Model # 7-2887 = The 'other' Super Radio
.
SR III GE SUPERADIO III
General Electric Model # 7-2887
Speakers: Dual 6" & 1.5".
Dual Band Widths: Wide & Normal.
Knobs: Black Body with Chrome Base Ring.
Size: 13.5"W - 9"H - 3.75"D.
Badging: "GE" Square on the speaker grill.
Printed on the Tuning Band Scale: "Long Range" & "High Selectivity"
Made In CHINA ?
.
For more details read the "GE Superadios for Dummies"
Message/Thread here on Google.Rec.radio.Shortwave
.
GE Superadios for Dummies => http://tinyurl.com/agd96
.
There are two eGroups on YAHOO!
= = = That are 'focused' on the GE Superadios (Super Radio).
.
* Here is a LINK to the "LongRange"
(GE Superadio Group for Connoisseurs) eGroup at YAHOO !
.
* Here is a LINK to the "Superadio III" eGroup at YAHOO !
.
What about a GE Superadio IV (4) ?
Then there is the Grundig S350, Tecsun BCL-2000, Eton S350DL
and Tecsun BCL-3000 Radios which may be what everyone was
'hoping' a GE-Superadio-IV was going to be.
- - - Eton Corp and Tecsun GEM may have
got the jump on GE-Thomson CE (France).
.
* Here is a LINK to the "Grundig S350" eGroup at YAHOO !
- - - The Grundig S350 will become . . .
The Next Generation of SUPER RADIO for the New Millennium.
.
.
mister know it all ~ RHF
.
.
. .

cuh...@webtv.net

未读,
2005年9月20日 01:33:352005/9/20
收件人
Let me get over there behind my old antique pump organ (no puns,please)
that I use for a stand for my two tv sets and reach around back there
where I have my old GE so-called long distance radio stashed on the
floor with about a dozen of my other old radios,I hope y'all appreciate
me doing all of this,hang on a minute,,,,,,, Ok,it's a GE model number
7-2880E and on the front of the radio it says,General Electric and on
the dial it says,Long Range High Selevtivity and also on the back of the
radio it says,Made In Hong Kong and there are three screws for FM and
GND and AM antenna.The radio works ok,just as good as new,nothing to
jump for joy about and shout it from the rooftops though,but almost all
of the chrome looking paint is gone because I used to take it to work
with me when I worked at the auto/truck/lawnmower battery factory and
that battery acid played heck on the radio.
cuhulin

justtis

未读,
2005年9月20日 06:34:592005/9/20
收件人
I've got a 7-2880B (first edition) in next to new condition for sale if
anyone's interested. These radios are great on the AM and FM bands. 6 "D"
cells to run it or AC with the original cord that came with it. I actually
have two but it's time to trim the excess. Have scanned jpgs of same.