RF Junkie 'introduces' new SWLZ Balun using "F" Connector for use with RG6 Coax Cable

RHF

Aug 10, 2005, 9:09:02 AM8/10/05
For One and All,
.
RF Junkie 'introduces' new SWLZ Balun using "F" Connector
for use with RG6 Coax Cable
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/4245
.
.
Shortwave Longwire Antenna Matchers - by RF Junkie
http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/LM.html
.
The "SWLZ" Balun is designed to 'match' your Shortwave
Listener (SWL) Antenna (9:1 Ratio) with the very common
and easy to get RG-6 (RG6) 75 Ohm Coax Cable used in
Satellite TV and Cable TV Systems that is very low loss
and uses standard "F" connectors.
SWLZ => http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/SWLZ.html
.
SWLZ Balun {Matching Transformer} Receiving Specifications
Frequency Range: 500 kHz - 60 MHz
SWR : Less than 2:1 over Frequency Range
.
Link (URL) to Radio Shack Link "F" Adapters :
http://tinyurl.com/af9tj
.
For Shortwave Receivers using a SO-239 Jack
for the SWL Antenna Input :
* "F" Connector [Adapter] to SO-239 Connector
RadioShack Catalog # 278-258
http://tinyurl.com/b6uap
.
For 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radios using a
1/8" Mono Phone Jack for the SWL Antenna Input :
* "F" Connector [Adapter] to 1/8" Mono Phone Plug
RadioShack Catalog # 278-257
http://tinyurl.com/dw3ao
.
RF Junkie's {Erickson Engineering} webpage
http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/
.
RF Junkie's {Balun} Listings on eBay
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZrfjunkie
.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.
.
= = = In Shortwave-...@yahoogroups.com,
= = = Joe Strain <cz52_98@y...> wrote:
.
DARN ! It WASNT attached ! - try this
.
http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/LM.html
.
.

MnMikew

Aug 10, 2005, 10:09:45 AM8/10/05

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> For One and All,
> .
> Shortwave Longwire Antenna Matchers - by RF Junkie
> http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/LM.html
> .
> The "SWLZ" Balun is designed to 'match' your Shortwave
> Listener (SWL) Antenna (9:1 Ratio) with the very common
> and easy to get RG-6 (RG6) 75 Ohm Coax Cable used in
> Satellite TV and Cable TV Systems that is very low loss
> and uses standard "F" connectors.
> SWLZ => http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/SWLZ.html

Thanks RHF, might have to get one of those swlz's.

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 10, 2005, 11:14:36 AM8/10/05
Looks interesting.Where to buy one,how much do they cost?
cuhulin

Lucky

Aug 10, 2005, 12:05:16 PM8/10/05

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Hi RHF

Yes I have bought from him twice and he's good people and his products are
well made. Plus, he took lots of his personal time to explain things to me
about baluns way back when. I like him and people here shouldn't hesitate to
buy from him.

Lucky

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 10, 2005, 12:25:23 PM8/10/05
Junkies like him and home garage inventors come up with some good things
sometimes.
cuhulin

RHF

Aug 10, 2005, 3:27:56 PM8/10/05
Cuhulin,
.
The SWLZ Shortwave Listener's (SWL) "Z-Matcher"
Matching Transformer that is fitted with an "F" Connector
to use with low lose Satellite TV / Cable TV RG6 (RG-6)
or standard RG59 (RG-59) TV type Coax Cable.Recommended length of a Random Wire Antenna Element
Is approximately 75 Feet - 80 Feet.
Make it an Low Noise {John Doty} Inverted "L" Antenna
with a Vertical Up Leg of 15-25 Feet; with a Horizontal
Out Arm of 50-60 Feet.
.
READ - The Low Noise Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antenna - by Design
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/3015
.
The PRICE of the SWLZ is $17.50 Each
Plus a Shipping Cost of $2.50 (USA)
Note : International Shipping is $4.00

.
.
iane ~ RHF
. . . . .

RHF

Aug 10, 2005, 3:38:24 PM8/10/05
FO&A - I am NOT "RF Junkie" !
.
[This is not an offer For Sale by me.]
.
However, I am a a Satisfied Customer ~ RHF

RHF

Aug 10, 2005, 3:43:25 PM8/10/05
Cuhulin - Say with all your low cost "Thrift Store" Radios
. . . you could be the Thrifty Radio Junkie :o) ~ RHF

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 10, 2005, 4:20:57 PM8/10/05
Thanks for the information,RHF.I didn't think you are the Junkie.I have
a few ideas of my own,but I am not smart enough to design and develope
them.
cuhulin

dxAce

Aug 10, 2005, 4:41:15 PM8/10/05

cuh...@webtv.net wrote:

> Junkies like him and home garage inventors come up with some good things
> sometimes.

This type of balun has been around for some time. Nothing new.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Message has been deleted

RHF

Aug 10, 2005, 5:31:20 PM8/10/05
DX Ace,
.
Yes Nothing New - But a variation that makes getting the job
done a whole lot easier for the "Average Joe" Radio Listener.

.
What is new for the "Average Joe" Radio Listener is that
with one of these SWLZ Baluns with the "F" Connector
Feed-in-Line Connector; they can go down to a Home Depot,
Lowes, or ACE Hardware Store and buy a 50-100 Feet of
RG6 (RG-6) Satellite TV Coax Cable; an 8 Foot Ground Rod;
and 100 Feet of 14 AWG Insulated 19 Stranded Copper Wire
and put up a reasonably good Low Noise SWL Antenna.
= Voila {French for Shazam !} We now have an external
Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antenna - It's Working :o)
.
Plus a trip to RadioShack for the "F" Connector Adapter to
Hook-up the Coax Cable to your Receiver or Radio.
.
Shortwave Listener's (SWL) "Z-Matcher" Antenna Matching Transformer

.
well that is just my opinion and after all 'i ain't no elmer' (iane) ~
RHF
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/4249

.
Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !

[ Yes I Am Shamelessly Whoring My SWL Antenna Group :<]

dxAce

Aug 10, 2005, 5:41:22 PM8/10/05

RHF wrote:

> DX Ace,
> .
> Yes Nothing New - But a variation that makes getting the job
> done a whole lot easier for the "Average Joe" Radio Listener.
>
> .
> What is new for the "Average Joe" Radio Listener is that
> with one of these SWLZ Baluns with the "F" Connector
> Feed-in-Line Connector; they can go down to a Home Depot,
> Lowes, or ACE Hardware Store and buy a 50-100 Feet of
> RG6 (RG-6) Satellite TV Coax Cable; an 8 Foot Ground Rod;
> and 100 Feet of 14 AWG Insulated 19 Stranded Copper Wire
> and put up a reasonably good Low Noise SWL Antenna.
> = Voila {French for Shazam !} We now have an external
> Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antenna - It's Working :o)
> .
> Plus a trip to RadioShack for the "F" Connector Adapter to
> Hook-up the Coax Cable to your Receiver or Radio.

The 'average Joe' could do the same thing with a SO-239 or a BNC on it!

A trip to Radio Shack is a trip to Radio Shack.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 10, 2005, 6:25:54 PM8/10/05
An SO-239? Sean Connery (shaken,not stirred) laughing at that Egyptian
belly dancer in the From Russia with Love movie now on tv,couldn't do a
thing with it.
cuhulin

dxAce

Aug 10, 2005, 6:46:11 PM8/10/05

cuh...@webtv.net wrote:

> An SO-239?

Yeah, it's what a PL-259 gozinta.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

RHF

Aug 10, 2005, 7:02:11 PM8/10/05
DX Ace - Ah the "GOZINTA" { Goes-In-To (Into) }
.
Which is not to be confused with the "Gesundheit !"
And "Gesundheit !" is not to be confused with 'God Bless You'
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=16119
.
good lord - turn the radio on ~ RHF
[ Shall We All Close Our Eyes . . .
Bow Our Heads and Just Listen
Can I Get an Amen ! To That ? ]

RHF

Aug 11, 2005, 9:02:09 PM8/11/05
MnM,
.
RF Junlie Says :
.
- - - - - - - - - - -
.
Hi RHF,
.
I am working with some prototypes on this
antenna match with "F" connector.
.
I think I will stay with the 9:1 version for this match
as the losses are a little more when trying to feed
the 10:1 into 75 ohm coax rather than 50 ohm.
.
You will have a little loss converting the 75 ohm coax
to 50 ohm adapters but that is so small that the gain
you receive on the balun conversion will be dominating factor.
.
I have updated my website with the balun information
and put a link to the radio shack "F" adapters.
.
I should have working units for sale by next week.
(SWLZ Model / $17.50 each + S&H)
.
Thanks again your your advice and tips.
.
Regards, Jason [KG7RO]
.
- - - - - - - - -
.
~ RHF

MnMikew

Aug 12, 2005, 1:16:38 PM8/12/05

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
Thanks RHF, I'll be looking for them next week.

RHF

Aug 12, 2005, 6:14:23 PM8/12/05
Hello Everyone,
.
Seems that some people even with the above information are
trying to locate RF Junkie website using Google and other
Search Engines for the World-Wide-Web (WWW).
.
Finding RF Junkie's "QRP Baluns" on the Web ? and more info . . .
.

For One and All,
.
Google Search for : 'qrp' + 'baluns'
Will help you find the RF Junkie "QRP Baluns" website.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=qrp+baluns&btnG=Search
.
QRP Baluns {Erickson Engineering}
http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/index.html
.
-VIA- eHam Reviews for KG7RO Baluns
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4807
.
hope this helps ~ RHF
.
RRS Members - No More Private eMail Please !
Post Your Questions and Replies Here on the NewsGroup.
.
.