Grundig S450DLX

dxAce

Aug 13, 2010, 3:37:51 PM8/13/10
This may interest some:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/5450.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

John Plimmer

Aug 13, 2010, 8:04:55 PM8/13/10

Looks good Ace.
Seems to be a derivative of my lovely Redsun RP2100.
Good price too
Will wait for reviews

JP

Mike

Aug 13, 2010, 11:10:50 PM8/13/10

Kind of looks and sounds like an upgrade of the analog Grundig S350DL,
making it a lot more like the RP2100. At least the Chinese seem to
be interested in improving their portables. I'm now waiting on the
Tecsun
PL660 and the RP3100 to see if their sync implementation improves
over the Grundig G3.

Mike

RHF

Aug 14, 2010, 7:27:19 AM8/14/10
On Aug 13, 8:10 pm, Mike <mwbry...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 8:04 pm, John Plimmer <johnplimme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 13, 7:37 pm, dxAce <dx...@milestones.com> wrote:
>
> > > This may interest some:
>
> > >http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/5450.html
>
> > > dxAce
> > > Michigan
> > > USA
>
> > Looks good Ace.
> > Seems to be a derivative of my lovely Redsun RP2100.
> > Good price too
> > Will wait for reviews
>
> > JP

- Kind of looks and sounds like an upgrade
- of the analog Grundig S350DL,
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0043.html
http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card/?p_ProductDbId=6150

S450DLX -v- S35DL

A little Bigger : About as Wide and ~2" Higher
and still just under 4" Thick

All Synthesized {Digital ? Analog? or PLL}
-v- Analog & Numeric Display
* Dual-Conversion Superheterodyne Circuit Design

9VDC [6Ds] -v- 6VDC [4Ds]

"F" Antenna Connectors -v- PAL

? Speaker Size ?
-per Universal-Radio.Com "Ron's remarks . . .
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/5450.html
But more importantly; the S450DLX has that
"great audio" you expect from Grundig.
-by- Ron W9WL"

What Grundig should consider in future Radios
like this is twin (2) Speakers 4" Large & 2" Small
-a-la- the GE SuperRadio III : Using Dual Mono for
AM & SW -but- for FM Stereo use the Large for
the Left & Small for the Right. Yeah it is un-balance
but it still has a better and dynamic sound then
just plain 'mono'. -or- An optional Accessory Matching
{Same Size} Speaker feature for the Right Channel
using the Radio's built-in Speaker for the Left Channel.

Some of the old Grundig Radios had this Accessory
{Detached} Matching Speaker feature for FM Stereo.

- making it a lot more like the RP2100.

Yeah sort of a 'blend' of the RP2100 & S350DL

Hopefully it has a larger built-in Ferrite Rod
Antenna for AM/MW.

- At least the Chinese seem to be interested
- in improving their portables.

There are really the only ones that are still in the
Consumer Mass-Market Radio Manufacturing
Business. And Eton [Grundig] is still into the
Marketing of Shortwave Radios to the World
outside of China.

More webpages about the Eton S450DLX -imho-
they should have used the Model # S450"DX"L ;-}

Brand New Field Radio from EtonS450DLX
http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/portable-radio/analogue-portable-radios/eton-s450dlx
* Large Built-in 5 inch Full-Range Speaker {Good}
* AM Band Features Latest PLL Technology
http://images.nevadaradio.co.uk/large/eton/eton450_web1.jpg

Dave's [N9EWO] Radio Page
http://n9ewo.angelfire.com/

HerCuLodge
http://herculodge.typepad.com/herculodge/2010/08/gadget-review-evaluates-the-jvc-kaboom-rv-nb50-boombox-for-ipod.html?cid=6a00d8341c6d1b53ef01348630833f970c#comment-6a00d8341c6d1b53ef01348630833f970c

- I'm now waiting on the Tecsun PL660 and the
- RP3100 to see if their sync implementation
- improves over the Grundig G3.
-
- Mike

MWB -read-
The Redsun RP-3100 Receiver Is Vaporware . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/c0173a9c6d2021d4

hope this helps ~ RHF
.
.

Drifter

Aug 14, 2010, 7:45:03 AM8/14/10

Mike. reading Dave's radio site, he agrees with John. it appears to
be an update of the RP2100. it looks a bit 60's-ish. i like the looks
of it. reminds me of an old Zenith, with the wave-mag ant on top, also
used as a handle. don't really need another radio here, but, if the
specs are as good as the 2100, might be worth a look. now, lets hope
it isn't vapor ware.

Drifter...