HCJB's ANDEAN HERALD 95/8

ENGLISH_DEPARTMENT

Jul 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/4/95
>>>>> HCJB's ANDEAN HERALD 95/8 <<<<<

Welcome to the ANDEAN HERALD, the Program Update from HCJB's
English Language Service! This update is being released from
Quito, Ecuador, 4 July 1995.

Our Verse for the Week:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who +
+ bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good +
+ tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion "Your God +
+ reigns!" Isaiah 52:7 +

Following is what you can look forward to hearing on the Voice
of the Andes during the next three days:

Daily programs:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STUDIO NINE is the foundation of our program lineup and is your
window to life in Latin America. Fasten your shortwave seatbelt
and travel Latin America with the STUDIO NINE travel team.

Daily features on STUDIO NINE include:
Monday - Medicine Thursday - Mystery of Mysteries
Tuesday - History Friday - Travel Latin America
Wednesday - EarthWatch

MORNING IN THE MOUNTAINS is our daily "wake-up" program with
Allen Graham. Weekdays, it's a 90-minute, live, inspirational
program of music, news and commentaries. Our daily themes on
MIM include sports on Monday, the family on Tuesdays, listener
letters on Wednesdays, prayer on Thursdays and world missions on
Fridays. And Tania Manners keeps us informed with the news.

Wednesday, July 5:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now that you have a wonderful circuit that works, what will you
place it in? HAM RADIO TODAY explains it's own version of
Boxing Day - in July! Also, it's the doldrums for the HF bands,
but sporadic-E may be coming your way. We'll explain that is.
Plus, the latest news from the Mir and Space Shuttle Atlantis.
All that plus a lot more on this edition of HAM RADIO TODAY.

STUDIO NINE - The EARTHWATCH topic for Wednesday's program is
"Birds and Music." Included is interesting information about
the Andean and the California Condor.

On INSIGHT FOR LIVING, Dr. Chuck Swindoll proceeds with his
series "The Continuation of Something Great". Wednesday's and
Thursday's topic is "Plain Talk to All in Ministry".

In THE BOOK NOOK, your hostess, Lisa McVicar, is presently
reading "When Comes the Spring" by Jeanette Oke.

Thursday, July 6:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On WHAT'S COOKING today, take a trip to Guyana, a little known
South American country with a polyglot of peoples, all of whom
influence the cuisine of that country. You'll hear about
pepperpot, channa and other delights of Guyanese cuisine. Join
Karen Mace as your hostess for WHAT'S COOKING.

On STUDIO NINE listen to MYSTERY OF MYSTERIES, a program hosted
and produced by Gillian Brown. She explores the question: Where
do we come from? The topic on MYSTERY OF MYSTERIES today is
"The Death of God".

Friday, July 7:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join Chuck Swindoll for INSIGHT FOR LIVING. Today he'll talk
about "Joyful Reunion - Insightful Response".

STUDIO NINE today features TRAVEL LATIN AMERICA. Join hostess
Fiona Cline on a special program on transportation. Topics are
traveling Latin America by bus and the dangerous Combi-Vans in
Peru.

On MUSICA DEL ECUADOR, host Jorge Zambrano presents songs from
his own family. Join Jorge Zambrano and the Zambrano family for
half an hour of Ecuadorian music.

NEWS -- "With the latest from Latin America and around the
world..." Those words are a part of the opening of almost all
HCJB newscasts. And they reflect HCJB's commitment to provide
high-quality, accurate, unbiased, non-sensational news to our
listeners. We begin each and every newscast with a wrap-up of
what is happening around Latin America, and then present a wide
summary of important events around the world. Join us around
the clock for globally-focused newscasts from The Voice of the
Andes.

DAILY NEWSCASTS (All times UTC and one minute earlier on
weekends)
0101 to the Americas
0501 to the Americas
0731 to Europe
0901 to the South Pacific
1701 to Europe and the Andean region

WEEKDAYS
1204 to the Americas (followed by sports scores)
1230 to the Americas (Latin American news only)
1325 to the Americas
1334 to the Americas (Saturday only)
1424 to the Americas and the Andean region (Mon to Fri)

1604 to the Andean region (followed by sports scores Monday
thru Friday. There is no newscast on Sunday.)
1630 to the Andean region (Latin American news only. There
is no newscast at this time on Saturday or Sunday.)

ENGLISH FREQUENCY SCHEDULE : Effective 9 May 1995 at 1600 UTC

THE AMERICAS: 0030-0500 UTC on 9745 kHz eastern North America
0500-0700 UTC on 9745 kHz western North America
1100-1500 UTC on 12005 kHz to The Caribbean
1130-1430 UTC on 15115 kHz to North America
1130-1600 UTC on 15115 kHz to South America
1330-2100 UTC on 6080 kHz to the Andean Region

EUROPE: 0700-0830 UTC on 11615 kHz
1700-2000 UTC on 15490 kHz

SOUTH PACIFIC: 0700-1130 UTC on 6135 kHz

GENERAL NOTES: All English releases are also carried on 21455
kHz USB in 13 meters. English is also broadcast on the USB
frequency of 15540 kHz in 19 meters at the following times:
0030-0500, 0700-0930, 1000-1130, 1200-1600, and 1800-1830 UTC.

If you are receiving this update through one of the computer
online services and would like to receive it directly, or if you
would like a complete program schedule, just drop us a line at
this eMAIL address: Eng...@mhs.hcjb.com.ec

We also have program schedules available for the German, French
and Spanish Language Services as well as an International
Program schedule.

Thanks for listening to the Voice of the Andes. Please let us
know if at any time you wish to discontinue receiving these
updates. Our desire is to provide you with useful information,
not bother you with needless data. We are open to suggestions
and comments about what can be included and not included in
these updates, so please let us know what will serve you best.

TO CONTACT HCJB'S ENGLISH LANGUAGE SERVICE, YOU MAY...
...write to us at English Language Service
Radio HCJB
Casilla 17-17-691
Quito, Ecuador
South America
...or by INTERNET at ENG...@MHS.HCJB.COM.EC
...or by FAX at 593-2-447-263
...or by phone at 593-2-466-808 Ext. 441

Our anonymous FTP site address is: nw311.hcjb.com.ec
or numerical address: 200.7.69.35
Logon as anonymous and the password is your eMAIL address

HCJB: The Voice of the Andes
Heralding Christ Jesus' Blessings
from Quito, Ecuador since December 25, 1931

*** End of English Language Service Update.