Looking for M67715 PA Module

Scott

Apr 18, 2009, 11:38:50 PM4/18/09
Anyone have a new one for sale? My usual supplier (RF Parts) says they
are all gone. Need one for my 1296 transverter project.

Scott, N0EDV
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jracepilot_W0QQ_dmdZ1QQ_in_kwZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sopZ12?_rdc=1

Eamon Skelton

Apr 19, 2009, 10:00:09 AM4/19/09

Barend Hendrikson seem to have them in stock.
Not cheap!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~barendh/Indexeng.htm

--
Remove 'X' to reply by e-mail.
Linux-2.6.26

Scott

Apr 19, 2009, 10:23:13 AM4/19/09
OEamon Skelton wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 03:38:50 +0000, Scott wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a new one for sale? My usual supplier (RF Parts) says they
>> are all gone. Need one for my 1296 transverter project.
>>
>> Scott, N0EDV
>> http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jracepilot_W0QQ_dmdZ1QQ_in_kwZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sopZ12?_rdc=1
>

> Barend Hendrikson seem to have them in stock.
> Not cheap!
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~barendh/Indexeng.htm

Ouch. VERY ouch. Guess I'll have to look at one of the MOSFET "RA"
modules....

Thanks for the link though!

geertjandegroot

Apr 19, 2009, 6:37:01 PM4/19/09
>>> Anyone have a new one for sale? My usual supplier (RF Parts) says they
>>> are all gone. Need one for my 1296 transverter project.
>> Barend Hendrikson seem to have them in stock.
>> Not cheap!
> Ouch. VERY ouch. Guess I'll have to look at one of the MOSFET "RA"
> modules....

67715's have been out of production for a number of years now,
because their MOSFET counterparts are better: more linear,
higher gain, more efficient.

I realize it hurts when you can't just plunk in a part but
in the end you'll feel better, honest..

73,

Geert Jan PE1HZG

Scott

Apr 20, 2009, 6:20:50 AM4/20/09
Geert Jan de Groot wrote:

> 67715's have been out of production for a number of years now,
> because their MOSFET counterparts are better: more linear,
> higher gain, more efficient.
>
> I realize it hurts when you can't just plunk in a part but
> in the end you'll feel better, honest..
>
> 73,
>
> Geert Jan PE1HZG

I think we are possibly talking about different MOSFET modules. The one
I specifically refer to for use at 1240-1300 MHz (RA181213G). The data
sheet says it is designed for FM (NON-linear) but can be set up for
linear use by setting Id with Vgg and controlling the output level with
the input (RF) level. http://www.rfparts.com/pdf_docs/RA/RA18H1213G.pdf

It should work...it will just require a few additional components.

Scott
N0EDV

Highland Ham

Apr 20, 2009, 3:36:55 PM4/20/09
Eamon Skelton wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 03:38:50 +0000, Scott wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a new one for sale? My usual supplier (RF Parts) says they
>> are all gone. Need one for my 1296 transverter project.
>>
>> Scott, N0EDV
>> http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/
> jracepilot_W0QQ_dmdZ1QQ_in_kwZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sopZ12?_rdc=1
>

> Barend Hendrikson seem to have them in stock.
> Not cheap!
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~barendh/Indexeng.htm
Another possible source is Mainline Electronics : PO Box 235
Leicester LE2 9SH - England ,UK
tel : +44 116 277 7648 ; Fax +44 116 247 7551
http://mainline-group.com/

They also have a 'surplus department'

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Eamon Skelton

Apr 20, 2009, 6:08:24 PM4/20/09
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:36:55 +0000, Highland Ham wrote:

> ======================================================= Another possible
> source is Mainline Electronics : PO Box 235 Leicester LE2 9SH -
> England ,UK
> tel : +44 116 277 7648 ; Fax +44 116 247 7551 http://mainline-group.com/
>
> They also have a 'surplus department'
>
> Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Or GH Engineering http://www.ghengineering.co.uk/products/Mitsubishi.htm
They list the M67715 as: "£48 - obsolete - while stocks last"

Bob

Apr 21, 2009, 1:27:59 AM4/21/09
Highland Ham wrote:

> Another possible source is Mainline Electronics : PO Box 235
> Leicester LE2 9SH - England ,UK
> tel : +44 116 277 7648 ; Fax +44 116 247 7551
> http://mainline-group.com/

They are *unbelievably* expensive! I presume that all their coil winding wire
is gold!

> They also have a 'surplus department'

... Not listed on their appalling website!

Bob