Small Shielded Loop Antenna-Matching to 50 ohms?

Reg Edwards

Jun 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/17/98

You will have to learn to live with a narrow bandwidth. Its a fundamental
property of >ALL< high-efficiency antennas which are very small in
comparison with the free-space wavelength.

Download programs RJELOOP1 and RJELOOP2 from my website to obtain an idea
of what happens inside tuned loops on both receive and transmit. In the
first instance, don't bother with screened loops. Use the outer coax
conductor for the loop conductor because it has a larger diameter. Use the
programs to investigate how efficiency varies with diameter. And how it
depends on loop diameter. It also depends on how far away a loop is from
other objects such as the soil in your back garden.

Download in a few seconds. Not zipped up. Can be run immediately.
--
Reg G4FGQ
http://www.btinternet.com/~g4fgq.regp

Chip Owens <ow...@ale.atd.ucar.edu> wrote in article