7th Guest Kitchen

Gordon W. Hauta

Jan 22, 1995, 8:14:09 AM1/22/95
What is this "11th Hour" where could I buy it and what are the specs for it?

R.S.V.P.

spu...@pomona.edu

Jan 23, 1995, 1:17:31 PM1/23/95
In article <128246569...@sednet.mcd.on.ca>, ghhh...@sednet.mcd.on.ca

(Gordon W. Hauta) writes:
> What is this "11th Hour" where could I buy it and what are the specs for it?

Normally, I'd reply to this by e-mail, but I'd like to make sure that
the information I have is accurate. My understanding is that release has
been delayed until March sometime. I was looking for it before Christmas, and
that is what I was told.

To answer the rest of the question, "11th Hour" is the sequel to the
Virgin Games CD-ROM game "7th Guest." I would assume that the specs are
roughly the same as the first, but I don't know that off the top of my head.

Is anyone else here hoping that this game is of better puzzle quality
than the last? I mean, it was beautifully orchestrated, but there were so
many chestnuts. The 8 queens puzzle? How tiresome can you get?

spu...@pomona.edu | What is wrong with ants?
Sco4tt "Fool" Purdy | Running around in circles is just silly.

Wei-Hwa Huang

Jan 25, 1995, 9:33:15 AM1/25/95
spu...@pomona.edu writes:

> Is anyone else here hoping that this game is of better puzzle quality
>than the last? I mean, it was beautifully orchestrated, but there were so
>many chestnuts. The 8 queens puzzle? How tiresome can you get?

"So many"? They were *all* old puzzles. I have sources for all of them
except the kitchen cupboard problem in my books. It matters not, though;
The presentation was good.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen the Attic problem either.
Fine, TWO new puzzles (actually, I suspect the kitchen cupboard problem
is old. Lemme finish my Espy and I'll get back to you on that).

Daniel Hludzinski

Jan 28, 1995, 11:17:44 AM1/28/95
Daniel Eng <Danie...@corp.wrgrace.com> writes:

>I am also playing this mindless time waster game and got stuck in the kitchen
>where there are a bunch of cans with letters on them....anyone out there
>intelligent or creative enough (at least greater than me) to solve this one?

Got the answer from the net one time but I lost it. The only clue that
I can give you is to substitute vowels for the Y's.

Shela M. Barker

Jan 28, 1995, 6:57:06 PM1/28/95

:
: >I am also playing this mindless time waster game and got stuck in the kitchen
: >where there are a bunch of cans with letters on them....anyone out there
: >intelligent or creative enough (at least greater than me) to solve this one?
:

In case you havent figured it out yet if you enter the Library and look at
the book on the table you will get clues. The first time it tells you
the goal of the puzzle. The second time it gives you a more detailed clue
to solving the puzzle. The third time the puzzle is automatically solved
for you, but you are penalized for this so be careful.

When you get the second clue for the kitchen it appears to be a riddle
but really it is all synonyms for what the cans in the cupboard spell
out.

Randy Phillips

Jan 29, 1995, 1:58:22 AM1/29/95
In rec.puzzles Daniel Hludzinski <da...@delphi.com> said:

>>I am also playing this mindless time waster game and got stuck in the
kitchen
>>where there are a bunch of cans with letters on them....anyone out there
>>intelligent or creative enough (at least greater than me) to solve this
one?

Words include: crypt, tryst, slyly, spryly, gypsy, shy.

No vowels...except y's.
--
R.A. Phillips

Aimee D. Severson

Jan 28, 1995, 1:56:00 PM1/28/95

Daniel Eng <Danie...@corp.wrgrace.com> writes:

You don't actually subsitute vowels for Y's--all of the words contain no
vowels except for Y.

(SPOILER BELOW)

The answer is: SHY GYPSY SLYLY SPRYLY TRYST BY MY CRYPT
--
Aimee Severson (ai...@gecko.ee.byu.edu)