New digital camera-billionth of a second

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Apr 29, 2009, 2:22:34 PM4/29/09
http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
Unfortunately only in german....

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering
mechanized infantry reservist
hordad AT otenet DOT gr

Not Given

Apr 29, 2009, 2:25:39 PM4/29/09

"Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <no...@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:gta5ta$jv1$1...@mouse.otenet.gr...It's the product life, before a replacement is announced...

;)

Matt Ion

Apr 29, 2009, 3:02:14 PM4/29/09
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
> http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
> Unfortunately only in german....

That's why God invented Babelfish.

The fastest camera of the world

This camera is faster than all other, many faster: With a perfectly new
digital camera technology researchers reached exposure times of
trillionth seconds. The rapid camera is to help scientists and physicians.

London - the new camera works a thousand times faster than conventional
cameras, says Keisuke Goda of the university of California in Los
Angeles and its colleagues. Besides reach it exposure times of 440
trillionth seconds and can picture series shoot, with which the frames
in the distance of only 163 billionth seconds are shot, explain the
researchers taken part in its development.

Potential applications see the developers racing fast of the camera for
example in the medicine. With laser operations or with photographs of
shock waves the singular equipment could carry useful services out,
writes the researchers in the technical periodical �Nature� (Bd. 458,
S.1145, doi: 10.1038/nature07980).

Past digital cameras worked with the so-called CCD technology. For
information forwarding electrical loads from a CCD cell are passed on to
the next. With the new camera the scientists used however no CCD
detectors, but a technology, with which the two-dimensional picture is
time-dependently coded and strengthened optically. The signal can be
seized then by one only from a pixel existing light detector. From this
signal the picture is reconstructed digital finally.

Because the camera strengthens the optical pictures, it goes around the
compromise between a high sensitivity and a high picture speed, as it
must be entered with the usual CCD detectors. The new camera necessarily
neither cooling still another particularly bright source of light. The
authors already demonstrated, for example the function of the camera at
real time photographs of so-called laser ablations. The surface of a
material, in the medicine about fabric, is cleared away with laser pulses.

mak/strip packing

Dudley Hanks

Apr 29, 2009, 3:55:55 PM4/29/09

"Matt Ion" <soun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
>> http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
>> Unfortunately only in german....
>
> That's why God invented Babelfish.
>
> The fastest camera of the world
>
> This camera is faster than all other, many faster: With a perfectly new
> digital camera technology researchers reached exposure times of trillionth
> seconds. The rapid camera is to help scientists and physicians.
>
> London - the new camera works a thousand times faster than conventional
> cameras, says Keisuke Goda of the university of California in Los Angeles
> and its colleagues. Besides reach it exposure times of 440 trillionth
> seconds and can picture series shoot, with which the frames in the
> distance of only 163 billionth seconds are shot, explain the researchers
> taken part in its development.
>
> Potential applications see the developers racing fast of the camera for
> example in the medicine. With laser operations or with photographs of
> shock waves the singular equipment could carry useful services out, writes
> the researchers in the technical periodical �Nature� (Bd. 458, S.1145,
> doi: 10.1038/nature07980).
>
> Past digital cameras worked with the so-called CCD technology. For
> information forwarding electrical loads from a CCD cell are passed on to
> the next. With the new camera the scientists used however no CCD
> detectors, but a technology, with which the two-dimensional picture is
> time-dependently coded and strengthened optically. The signal can be
> seized then by one only from a pixel existing light detector. From this
> signal the picture is reconstructed digital finally.
>
> Because the camera strengthens the optical pictures, it goes around the
> compromise between a high sensitivity and a high picture speed, as it must
> be entered with the usual CCD detectors. The new camera necessarily
> neither cooling still another particularly bright source of light. The
> authors already demonstrated, for example the function of the camera at
> real time photographs of so-called laser ablations. The surface of a
> material, in the medicine about fabric, is cleared away with laser pulses.
>
> mak/strip packing

A camera that quick actually might have a chance of catching Mich and I in
action... :)

Take Care,
Dudley

Bigguy

Apr 30, 2009, 4:10:46 AM4/30/09
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
> http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
> Unfortunately only in german....

Another graphic artist who does not understand the difference between
bullet and cartridge case.... ;-)

Guy

bugbear

Apr 30, 2009, 4:54:07 AM4/30/09

The fewer people that need to understand that, the better.

BugBear

Docteur Durien

Apr 30, 2009, 7:50:20 AM4/30/09
On Apr 29, 9:02 pm, Matt Ion <soundy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
> >http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
> > Unfortunately only in german....
>
> That's why God invented Babelfish.
>
> The fastest camera of the world
>
> This camera is faster than all other, many faster: With a perfectly new
> digital camera technology researchers reached exposure times of
> trillionth seconds. The rapid camera is to help scientists and physicians.
>
> London - the new camera works a thousand times faster than conventional
> cameras, says Keisuke Goda of the university of California in Los
> Angeles and its colleagues. Besides reach it exposure times of 440
> trillionth seconds and can picture series shoot, with which the frames
> in the distance of only 163 billionth seconds are shot, explain the
> researchers taken part in its development.
>
> Potential applications see the developers racing fast of the camera for
> example in the medicine. With laser operations or with photographs of
> shock waves the singular equipment could carry useful services out,
> writes the researchers in the technical periodical “Nature” (Bd. 458,

> S.1145, doi: 10.1038/nature07980).
>
> Past digital cameras worked with the so-called CCD technology. For
> information forwarding electrical loads from a CCD cell are passed on to
> the next. With the new camera the scientists used however no CCD
> detectors, but a technology, with which the two-dimensional picture is
> time-dependently coded and strengthened optically. The signal can be
> seized then by one only from a pixel existing light detector. From this
> signal the picture is reconstructed digital finally.
>
> Because the camera strengthens the optical pictures, it goes around the
> compromise between a high sensitivity and a high picture speed, as it
> must be entered with the usual CCD detectors. The new camera necessarily
> neither cooling still another particularly bright source of light. The
> authors already demonstrated, for example the function of the camera at
> real time photographs of so-called laser ablations. The surface of a
> material, in the medicine about fabric, is cleared away with laser pulses.
>
> mak/strip packing

Bertram Paul

Apr 30, 2009, 3:40:51 PM4/30/09

"Bigguy" <big...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I was thinking the same: I've shot a lot of bullets, but never seen one with
the case attached after being fired. Wonder what else is bs in this
article...
--
---
Bertram Paul

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

May 1, 2009, 2:43:38 PM5/1/09

? "Bigguy" <big...@gmail.com> ?????? ??? ??????
In german, it says"Pistolenkugel" and kugel means round, or bullet.

J. Clarke

May 1, 2009, 4:36:27 PM5/1/09
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
> ? "Bigguy" <big...@gmail.com> ?????? ??? ??????
>> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
>>> http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
>>> Unfortunately only in german....
>>>

>> Another graphic artist who does not understand the difference between
>> bullet and cartridge case.... ;-)
>>
> In german, it says"Pistolenkugel" and kugel means round, or bullet.

A "round" would be a cartridge. The "bullet" is the object inserted into
the front of the cartridge that is driven out when the powder burns,
accelerates down the barrel, and makes a hole in something.

Deep Reset

May 1, 2009, 5:31:42 PM5/1/09

"J. Clarke" <jclarke...@cox.net> wrote in message

So, when someone says "three rounds, rapid fire", you chuck three cartridges
down the range?

<plonk>

tony cooper

May 1, 2009, 6:30:59 PM5/1/09

You've never heard of a word with more than one meaning according to
context? Do you have a problem with "gun someone down" and "load your
gun"?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Peter Irwin

May 1, 2009, 9:57:27 PM5/1/09
J. Clarke <jclarke...@cox.net> wrote:

> A "round" would be a cartridge. The "bullet" is the object inserted into
> the front of the cartridge that is driven out when the powder burns,
> accelerates down the barrel, and makes a hole in something.

The use of "round" dates from the 1700s if not earlier and predates
metallic cartridges by quite a bit. It seems to mean the ammunition
needed to fire a gun once whether in a cartridge or not. If you have
10 balls and a ounce of black powder (or whatever amount is necessary)
you can call that 10 rounds of ammunition even if there are no
cartridges.

Peter.
--
pir...@ktb.net

Deep Reset

May 2, 2009, 7:34:16 AM5/2/09

"tony cooper" <tony_co...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

You mean, do I have a problem with knowing the difference between a verb and
a noun in your examples?
No, they're pretty clear to me.