XD ior SD

bm

Nov 21, 2008, 3:53:07 AM11/21/08
I can choose either XD or SD memory cards for my camera
What are the advantages of one type over the other?
Blair

Nov 21, 2008, 5:51:47 AM11/21/08
"bm" <Dar...@aol.com> wrote in message

>I can choose either XD or SD memory cards for my camera
> What are the advantages of one type over the other?
> Blair

What card readers do you have?

Bigguy

Nov 21, 2008, 6:51:48 AM11/21/08
SD is generally cheaper and easier to get hold of...

XD are tiny and easily lost.

ray

Nov 21, 2008, 11:27:54 AM11/21/08
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:53:07 +0000, bm wrote:

> I can choose either XD or SD memory cards for my camera What are the
> advantages of one type over the other? Blair

Well, for starters: SD are a standard format produced and used by many
compaines - hence are generally among the least expensive. XD is a
proprietary format used by only a couple of companies - hence generally
among the most expensive. Difficult choice!

tomcas

Nov 21, 2008, 10:50:42 PM11/21/08
SD also has the option of a built in USB connector which work great.
http://tinyurl.com/5gezjc

XD formats are very inconsistent with loads of incompatibilities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XD_memory#Disadvantages

bm

Nov 22, 2008, 2:43:37 AM11/22/08

"bm" <Dar...@aol.com> wrote in message
>I can choose either XD or SD memory cards for my camera
> What are the advantages of one type over the other?
> Blair
Thanks to all who replied
I will use SD cards
Blair