This news will irate the pro-DSLR and Canon enthusiasts !

anir...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2009, 10:19:31 PM3/17/09
The Meteotek team consisting of Spanish high school students managed
to take photos of the earth from high altitude balloon using a Nikon
Coolpix camera. Anyone knows which model that they used? The story and
photos are located here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1162659/Students-tie-56-camera-balloon-send-edge-space-capture-stunning-images-Earth.html
or
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/03/meteotek_highaltitude_balloon_proje.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890

Will this bring further never-ending feud between supporters of P&S
and SLR camera enthusiasts, and perhaps also between Nikon and Canon
brand?

D-Mac

Mar 17, 2009, 10:30:38 PM3/17/09

Looks to me like these guys have finally realised that P&S cameras are
indeed disposable, throw away (drop away?) crap after all!

Pat

Mar 17, 2009, 10:37:36 PM3/17/09
On Mar 17, 10:19 pm, anira...@gmail.com wrote:
> The Meteotek team consisting of Spanish high school students managed
> to take photos of the earth from high altitude balloon using a Nikon
> Coolpix camera. Anyone knows which model that they used? The story and
> photos are located herehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1162659/Students-ti...
> orhttp://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/03/meteotek_highaltitude_balloo...

> Will this bring further never-ending feud between supporters of P&S
> and SLR camera enthusiasts, and perhaps also between Nikon and Canon
> brand?

Why would that post make anyone irate?

anir...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2009, 10:48:18 PM3/17/09

Further search through the web, I found more photos and movie clips at
this site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meteotek08/2676980680/in/photostream/
It was a Nikon Coolpix L15.

Pete D

Mar 18, 2009, 2:31:37 AM3/18/09

<anir...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<<<If you had researched a bit further you would have found that this has
been already using D-SLRs and film cameras and probably every other camera
around, so bloody what?

SMS

Mar 18, 2009, 10:12:38 AM3/18/09
Sownds like sumwon don't speke no good Inglish.

Deep Reset

Mar 18, 2009, 1:21:42 PM3/18/09
Irate is a verb now?

Matt Ion

Mar 18, 2009, 2:10:51 PM3/18/09

Many many years ago, when I was into model rocketry, I SO wanted one
called the "CamRoc", which had an extended plastic nose-cone containing
a simple camera that used a 110 film cartridge.

So yeah... nothing new, and certainly nothing that "requires" a digital
P&S, Nikon or otherwise.

John McWilliams

Mar 18, 2009, 2:29:05 PM3/18/09
SMS wrote:
> Sownds like sumwon don't speke no good Inglish.

Didja get irated??

--
johnmcwilliams

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
- Albert Einstein

Nicko

Mar 18, 2009, 7:13:03 PM3/18/09
On Mar 18, 12:21 pm, "Deep Reset" <DeepRe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Irate is a verb now?

"Irate the original post as two stars out of five."

--
YOP...

bowser

Mar 18, 2009, 7:19:04 PM3/18/09

"Deep Reset" <Deep...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Irate is a verb now?

No. And remember: Don't verb nouns.

Rich

Mar 18, 2009, 7:40:30 PM3/18/09
anir...@gmail.com wrote in

P&S = weight control.
The pivoting arm was a good idea, made it possible to take shots of the
edge of Earth and straight down.

Alfred Molon

Mar 19, 2009, 6:41:16 AM3/19/09
In article <pj7wl.24195$yr3....@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com>, SMS says...

> Sownds like sumwon don't speke no good Inglish.

Änd hu cärs äbaut yor fany länguag =:p

By the way, they are not even writing in Spanish - it's Catalan. Long
live free Catalunia.
--

Alfred Molon

whisky-dave

Mar 19, 2009, 10:24:04 AM3/19/09

> Irate is a verb now?

Are sure it wasn't iRat, an alternative Apple mouse

Robert Coe

Mar 21, 2009, 8:27:00 PM3/21/09
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:19:31 -0700 (PDT), anir...@gmail.com wrote:
: The Meteotek team consisting of Spanish high school students managed

Who are you? Rich Anderson's understudy?

Bob

Message has been deleted