Freeware to make animated GIF (can Irfanview make an animated GIF?)

Annu Pai

Apr 4, 2009, 5:14:05 AM4/4/09
What is the recommended Windows freeware to create animated GIFs?

I have a few dozen GIFs that I wish to string together to make an animated
GIF.

Does Irfanview make animated GIFs?

If not, what is the recommended freeware to create animated GIFs?

Searching, I found the following potential candidate to make animated GIFs
(Unfreez http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez)

Do you recommend Unfreez or some other program to create an animated GIF
out of a series of 360 degree sequential GIF files?

John Corliss

Apr 4, 2009, 6:51:55 AM4/4/09

I use Ulead GIF Animator 2.0. It's an older version you can get here:

http://encoderx.co.uk/imageeditors/

Click on where it says "Ulead GIF Animator" above the image to obtain
the download.

There are a couple of other GIF animators listed on that page also.

--
John Corliss BS206. I use nFilter to block all Google Groups posts
because of Googlespam. No ad, cd, commercial, cripple, demo, dotnet,

Annu Pai

Apr 5, 2009, 9:27:50 AM4/5/09
On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 03:51:55 -0700, John Corliss wrote:
> http://encoderx.co.uk/imageeditors/

Hi John,
Thank you for the tip.

Your pointer URL is great because it holds GIF animation freeware that's no
longer available elsewhere!

1. Unfreez http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez

2. Ulead GIF Animator (apparently no longer available as freeware)

3. Microsoft GIF Animator (apparently no longer available as freeware)

Thank you!

Message has been deleted

jmatt

Apr 5, 2009, 8:12:48 PM4/5/09
On Apr 4, 5:14 pm, Annu Pai <annupa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Searching, I found the following potential candidate to make animated GIFs

Another way, 13 pages here.

http://primewares.com/links.php?page=1&la=en&search=animated+gif

heartsoulofra

Nov 20, 2009, 9:51:41 AM11/20/09

"If not, what is the recommended freeware to create animated GIFs?"

Why don't you try this - http://www.wegif.com

Web based gif animation tool so you don't need to download anything or
pay.

Allodoxaphobia

Nov 22, 2009, 7:52:01 PM11/22/09

heh...
The 'demo' on their home page is done with Flash.
I wonder why they don't want to *DEMO AN ANTIMATED gif!!*

Molly

Jul 12, 2010, 7:11:36 AM7/12/10

You can create animated gif using 'Video Avatar.'
(http://geovid.com/VidCrop/)Also convert video to gif. It's really cool
prog)

Rehab2

Nov 13, 2010, 7:26:51 AM11/13/10

But why don't u use 'Video Avatar' (http://geovid.com/Video_Avatar/)?You
can create animated avatar.Also convert video to gif. It's really cool
prog

Dudley Hanks

Nov 13, 2010, 1:59:40 PM11/13/10
Rehab2 <Rehab2...@no.email.invalid> wrote:

Of course, the simple way is to use perl's GD module.

Take Care,
Dudley

Bill

Nov 13, 2010, 2:02:13 PM11/13/10

"Rehab2" <Rehab2...@no.email.invalid> wrote in message

> But why don't u use 'Video Avatar' (http://geovid.com/Video_Avatar/)?You
> can create animated avatar.Also convert video to gif. It's really cool
> prog

Hi,
Just dropped in and saw this request.
Not a regular here.