[SI] New Mandate: Punography

Bowser

Apr 16, 2009, 1:09:11 PM4/16/09
OK, here's the challenge; produce a single shot, or series of shots that
provide a visual pun that illustrates some saying or expression. This is an
homage to an old photo book I found titled, cleverly enough, Punography.
Please keep it to 4 shots or less so the size of each image doesn't shrink
to singularity. Also, don't tell us what the pun is, let's see if we can
guess. For example, this shot http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/111230958
might provide a visual pun to the phrase "Point and Shoot."

Any, I've posted an example in the new gallery here:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/punography

Take a look, and see what you can come up with. I wanted to post this
quickly since I'm on the road again for the next two weeks. Hopefully,
something will present itself while I'm in Beaufort, St. Augustine, or Las
Vegas.

Annika1980

Apr 16, 2009, 2:16:36 PM4/16/09
On Apr 16, 1:09 pm, "Bowser" <u...@gone.now> wrote:
> Hopefully, something will present itself while I'm in Beaufort, St. Augustine, or Las Vegas.

I'm sure something will present itself in Vegas. Just make sure she's
not a cop before you pay her.

Bowser

Apr 16, 2009, 2:21:28 PM4/16/09

"Annika1980" <annik...@aol.com> wrote in message

It might present itself, but do not underestimate my cheapness. If she's
asking anything over $5, I'm out.

Savageduck

Apr 16, 2009, 4:13:11 PM4/16/09

A nickle slots man.
--
Regards,
Savageduck

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 6:35:48 PM4/16/09
Silly me.
I thought these groups were finally getting interesting, but I was reading
"pornography"... :-(

--
---
Focus

frank

Apr 16, 2009, 7:36:02 PM4/16/09
On Apr 16, 3:13 pm, Savageduck <savaged...@savage.net> wrote:
> On 2009-04-16 11:21:28 -0700, "Bowser" <u...@gone.now> said:
>

> > "Annika1980" <annika1...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > On Apr 16, 1:09 pm, "Bowser" <u...@gone.now> wrote:
> >> Hopefully, something will present itself while I'm in Beaufort, St.
> >> Augustine, or Las Vegas.
>
> >> I'm sure something will present itself in Vegas.  Just make sure she's
> >> not a cop before you pay her.
>
> > It might present itself, but do not underestimate my cheapness. If
> > she's asking anything over $5, I'm out.
>
> A nickle slots man.
> --
> Regards,
> Savageduck

In for a penny, in for a pound....

and people say the Brits had no sense of humor.

ja...@sprat.com

Apr 16, 2009, 9:18:54 PM4/16/09
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:35:48 +0100, "Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote:

>Silly me.
>I thought these groups were finally getting interesting, but I was reading
>"pornography"... :-(

Think of all the puns available in porn!

with a Cockney accent - "H'ap-py-ness is a warm gun"

frank

Apr 17, 2009, 3:33:34 AM4/17/09
On Apr 16, 8:18 pm, j...@sprat.com wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:35:48 +0100, "Focus" <d...@mail.me> wrote:
> >Silly me.
> >I thought these groups were finally getting interesting, but I was reading
> >"pornography"... :-(
>
> Think of all the puns available in porn!
>
> with a Cockney accent - "H'ap-py-ness is a warm gun"

You know how much fun in school watching Goldfinger????

Not to mention all the rest of the Bond girls. Names were priceless.

Couldn't use them for a contest though.

Stormin Mormon

Apr 17, 2009, 8:32:56 AM4/17/09

Bowser

Apr 17, 2009, 1:08:11 PM4/17/09

If you can find a slot that still takes coins. They're pretty rare.

Savageduck

Apr 17, 2009, 1:29:23 PM4/17/09

So is anything you can get for a nickle.
--
Regards,
Savageduck

Bowser

Apr 17, 2009, 8:14:48 PM4/17/09

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote in message

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Keep a stiff upper lip.

More?

Neil Ellwood

Apr 18, 2009, 6:52:51 AM4/18/09

A bird in the hand is worth getting in the bushes.

--

Neil
reverse ra and delete l

Alan Browne

Apr 18, 2009, 1:41:58 PM4/18/09
frank wrote:

> Couldn't use them for a contest though.

Pussy Galore? Sure could...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Le...@here.com

Apr 18, 2009, 8:43:09 PM4/18/09
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:33:34 -0700 (PDT), frank <dhssres...@netscape.net>
wrote:

I think that "pussy galore" was so outrageous in 1963 no one believed it wasn't
just a funny name... Those were the days you couldn't even say "hell".

Now we have Carlotta Fagina...

BUT you can use cats in various puns, I once had a photo of a naked girl with a
pussy cat between her legs... a photo pun for sure...

Chris Malcolm

Apr 19, 2009, 5:51:02 AM4/19/09
In rec.photo.digital Le...@here.com wrote:

> BUT you can use cats in various puns, I once had a photo of a naked girl with a
> pussy cat between her legs... a photo pun for sure...

A photographic reference to a verbal pun. A truly photographic pun
would be language-independent.

--
Chris Malcolm

Le...@here.com

Apr 19, 2009, 9:36:03 PM4/19/09

It would be quite hard to describe a photo, or even think, without language...
and the word 'pussy' is used for the same thing even in French. I've heard the
word 'chat' used in France to describe a womans....!

Chris Malcolm

Apr 20, 2009, 6:33:37 AM4/20/09

I often see this claim that it's hard to think without words. I guess
it depends on what kind of thinking you habitually employ. For
example, when trying to think of some solution to a mechanical problem
I think purely in terms of mental images of things interacting with
one another. Not only are no words involved, but it can be quite hard
to find the words to describe what can be easily seen in the mind's
eye. It's also famously the case that musical thinking can be very
detailed and precise yet often impossible to put into words.

The paintings of Salvador Dali sometimes employ quite outrageous
purely visual puns that do not depend on words.

--
Chris Malcolm

Bob Larter

Apr 20, 2009, 9:24:16 AM4/20/09

A bird in the hand means you have one in the bush...

PS: And a big "Hello" to Lynne Lyons, AKA "Goofy",
who's watching this from Google Alerts!

Bob Larter

Apr 20, 2009, 9:59:21 AM4/20/09

Indeed. But how many of us can compete with Salvadore Dali?

Robert Coe

Apr 20, 2009, 6:10:24 PM4/20/09
On 19 Apr 2009 09:51:02 GMT, Chris Malcolm <c...@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

The concept of a language-independent pun is a challenge to the imagination.

Smartly moving even further afield ...
The unchallenged masters of puns should be the Chinese. Their language is so
full of homonyms that puns must pop up on a regular basis. Indeed, I read
somewhere that a popular Chinese word game is to see who can construct the
longest sentence that is absolutely ambiguous until the last syllable falls
into place.

Someone in this group must be fluent in Chinese. Is it really as pun-filled as
I imagine?

Bob (who wonders why this thread has to be so widely cross-posted, but is
reluctant to change it now, because he has no idea who's reading it where)

Frank ess

Apr 20, 2009, 7:08:07 PM4/20/09

I guess I need to have someone show me an example of a visual pun that
does not depend on words.

Please? More than one, if you got 'em.

Thank you.

--
Frank ess

Alan Browne

Apr 20, 2009, 7:41:35 PM4/20/09
Le...@here.com wrote:

> and the word 'pussy' is used for the same thing even in French. I've heard the
> word 'chat' used in France to describe a womans....!

Chatte, actually. (feminine of chat) or "Minou".

With Minou being the more acceptable 'slang' and
'chatte' being the obscene.

George Kerby

Apr 20, 2009, 8:24:47 PM4/20/09

On 4/20/09 6:08 PM, in article
bISdnSMPQqzGnXDU...@giganews.com, "Frank ess"
<fr...@fshe2fs.com> wrote:

<http://www.lifeisajoke.com/pictures388_html.htm>

You are welcome.

tony cooper

Apr 20, 2009, 9:26:03 PM4/20/09

All visual puns depend on words. It is the words that the visual
suggests that makes the pun.

If we didn't know the words associated with the visual on the link, it
would be neither a pun nor amusing.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Le...@here.com

Apr 20, 2009, 9:33:36 PM4/20/09
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:41:35 -0400, Alan Browne
<alan....@Freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:

>Le...@here.com wrote:
>
>> and the word 'pussy' is used for the same thing even in French. I've heard the
>> word 'chat' used in France to describe a womans....!
>
>Chatte, actually. (feminine of chat) or "Minou".
>
>With Minou being the more acceptable 'slang' and
>'chatte' being the obscene.

I'm afraid my French spelling is not too good!

In Quebec I've neard people refer to "castor" which I think is "beaver"...
similar meaning?

Le...@here.com

Apr 20, 2009, 9:40:26 PM4/20/09

They say we use 2 halves of our brain differently, one for language and one for
graphics. I confess I'm better at graphics than language! When someone asks me
to explain what I mean, I often grab a pencil and paper to draw what I mean. I
always thought it was because I didn't know the words!

>The paintings of Salvador Dali sometimes employ quite outrageous
>purely visual puns that do not depend on words.

I suppose... I'm a big Dali fan... but words could still be used to explain the
painting, but the image is required.

Savageduck

Apr 20, 2009, 10:07:32 PM4/20/09

Hence "Persistance of Time"
http://uofugeron.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dali-persistence-of-time.jpg

--

Regards,
Savageduck

Alan Browne

Apr 20, 2009, 10:23:21 PM4/20/09
Le...@here.com wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:41:35 -0400, Alan Browne
> <alan....@Freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:
>
>> Le...@here.com wrote:
>>
>>> and the word 'pussy' is used for the same thing even in French. I've heard the
>>> word 'chat' used in France to describe a womans....!
>> Chatte, actually. (feminine of chat) or "Minou".
>>
>> With Minou being the more acceptable 'slang' and
>> 'chatte' being the obscene.
>
> I'm afraid my French spelling is not too good!

Your spelling was fine, just that most nouns can have a gender, or be
modified according to the gender of the owner.

> In Quebec I've neard people refer to "castor" which I think is "beaver"...
> similar meaning?

Yes, castor means beaver but is not used to refer to "minou".

Alan Browne

Apr 20, 2009, 10:26:21 PM4/20/09
Le...@here.com wrote:

> They say we use 2 halves of our brain differently, one for language and one for
> graphics. I confess I'm better at graphics than language! When someone asks me
> to explain what I mean, I often grab a pencil and paper to draw what I mean. I
> always thought it was because I didn't know the words!

Paint the following words: " Red " in blue paint
" Green " in purple paint
" Yellow " in red ...
etc.

And ask people to tell you the color that the word in painted in...

Some people do it without a pause, others are so caught by the word they
have to think for a second or two to name the color.

Paul Furman

Apr 20, 2009, 10:51:22 PM4/20/09

Wiki says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pun
"A pun, or paronomasia, is a form of word play that deliberately
exploits ambiguity between similar-sounding words for humorous or
rhetorical effect.[1] Such ambiguity may arise from the intentional
misuse of homophonical, homographical, homonymic, polysemic, metonymic,
or metaphorical language."

So yeah the link should show a guy with his head buried in a pile of
ashes... or something like that...

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Paul Furman

Apr 20, 2009, 10:54:51 PM4/20/09
Alan Browne wrote:
> Le...@here.com wrote:
>
>> They say we use 2 halves of our brain differently, one for language
>> and one for
>> graphics. I confess I'm better at graphics than language! When someone
>> asks me
>> to explain what I mean, I often grab a pencil and paper to draw what I
>> mean. I
>> always thought it was because I didn't know the words!
>
> Paint the following words: " Red " in blue paint
> " Green " in purple paint
> " Yellow " in red ...
> etc.
>
> And ask people to tell you the color that the word in painted in...

What I imagined (mis-read) reading that was you have to paint with blue
paint an image describing the color red... which could be very difficult!

> Some people do it without a pause, others are so caught by the word they
> have to think for a second or two to name the color.

Paul Furman

Apr 20, 2009, 11:10:42 PM4/20/09
Robert Coe wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2009 09:51:02 GMT, Chris Malcolm <c...@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> : In rec.photo.digital Le...@here.com wrote:
> :
> : > BUT you can use cats in various puns, I once had a photo of a naked girl with a
> : > pussy cat between her legs... a photo pun for sure...
> :
> : A photographic reference to a verbal pun. A truly photographic pun
> : would be language-independent.
>
> The concept of a language-independent pun is a challenge to the imagination.
>
> Smartly moving even further afield ...
> The unchallenged masters of puns should be the Chinese. Their language is so
> full of homonyms that puns must pop up on a regular basis. Indeed, I read
> somewhere that a popular Chinese word game is to see who can construct the
> longest sentence that is absolutely ambiguous until the last syllable falls
> into place.
>
> Someone in this group must be fluent in Chinese. Is it really as pun-filled as
> I imagine?

I was married to a Chinese lady for 10 years though I barely speak a few
phrases. One example was making a stamp with my name translated to
Chinese... like an artist or craftsman stamps in red about an inch
square for their signature. First you start with the phonetics in
English and look for similar sounding characters in Chinese. There are
plenty to choose from! So you look for characters that describe the
person's character with a similar sound. Sometimes I think you can
choose a (pictogram) which looks similar to one that sounds like it...
that would be a true visual pun. So yes that kind of word play is very
common at least in the context of poetry & such, I'm not sure about
jokes. This is the sort of trick you might see in the name of a
restaurant... maybe it's a common name like 'Smith' but is spelled to
look like 'Fish'... just a hypothetical in English to give a sense of it..

Fish puns anyone?

tony cooper

Apr 21, 2009, 12:27:48 AM4/21/09
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:10:42 -0700, Paul Furman <paul-@-edgehill.net>
wrote:

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to
photograph a fish, and he will post under the nym of "Larry Thong".

>> Bob (who wonders why this thread has to be so widely cross-posted, but is
>> reluctant to change it now, because he has no idea who's reading it where)

Frank ess

Apr 21, 2009, 12:36:15 AM4/21/09

Ayuh. That's what I thought.

STILL guess I need to have someone show me an example of a visual pun

that
does not depend on words.

Humor is my second-favorite thing, and I'd purely admire if someone
could open up that new vista for me.

--
Frank ess

tony cooper

Apr 21, 2009, 1:09:51 AM4/21/09
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:36:15 -0700, "Frank ess" <fr...@fshe2fs.com>
wrote:

Well, wait for the Shoot-In results and see if you agree that what is
submitted is a visual pun.

Paul Furman

Apr 21, 2009, 1:53:21 AM4/21/09
tony cooper wrote:

>> Fish puns anyone?
>>
> Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.
> Teach a man to photograph a fish...

Just shoot with the fisheye for the halibut
'cause it's fun

:-|
<not even deserving a groan>

Paul Furman

Apr 21, 2009, 2:04:01 AM4/21/09

How about scenes that look like something other than the actual subject
matter in a surprising and funny way? Like a mountain range in a
landscape that looks exactly like a naked lady laying down, or a melon
field?

> Humor is my second-favorite thing, and I'd purely admire if someone
> could open up that new vista for me.

Puns are inherently bad humor though <g>. Verbal slapstick.

Chris Malcolm

Apr 21, 2009, 6:51:08 AM4/21/09

A visual pun is something that looks like something else where the
concatenation of both likenesses is funny. I wouldn't like to second
guess what kind of sense of humour you have, but looking through any
book on optical illusions should get you started.

--
Chris Malcolm

Chris Malcolm

Apr 21, 2009, 6:55:47 AM4/21/09

I argue that those are not visual puns, but verbal puns being referred
to visually.

> If we didn't know the words associated with the visual on the link, it
> would be neither a pun nor amusing.

That's why it's not a visual pun. A visual pun depends on "looks like"
rather than "there is another word which sounds like a word describing
this picture" which is a visual reference to a verbal pun.

--
Chris Malcolm

Chris Malcolm

Apr 21, 2009, 7:00:47 AM4/21/09
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Robert Coe <b...@1776.com> wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2009 09:51:02 GMT, Chris Malcolm <c...@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> : In rec.photo.digital Le...@here.com wrote:
> :
> : > BUT you can use cats in various puns, I once had a photo of a naked girl with a
> : > pussy cat between her legs... a photo pun for sure...
> :
> : A photographic reference to a verbal pun. A truly photographic pun
> : would be language-independent.

> The concept of a language-independent pun is a challenge to the imagination.

Try subsituting "looks like" for "sounds like" plus any other
concomitant changes from auditory to visual in your definition of pun.

--
Chris Malcolm

Bruce

Apr 21, 2009, 7:36:31 AM4/21/09
Paul Furman <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote:

>Fish puns anyone?

The only fish puns I know would be better not repeated here. ;-)

John McWilliams

Apr 21, 2009, 9:36:51 AM4/21/09
Paul Furman wrote:

> Frank ess wrote:
>
>> Humor is my second-favorite thing, and I'd purely admire if someone
>> could open up that new vista for me.

Gee, I wonder what that first thing might be?

> Puns are inherently bad humor though <g>. Verbal slapstick.

Well, there was this punster who was sure he was good at it. So he
entered a contest for the best short pun, and in fact submitted ten
entries. Did many of them prove to be winners??

No pun intended.

--
john mcwilliams

Bill Graham

Apr 21, 2009, 3:51:03 PM4/21/09

"Chris Malcolm" <c...@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote in message

> In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Le...@here.com wrote:

>>>A photographic reference to a verbal pun. A truly photographic pun
>>>would be language-independent.
>
>> It would be quite hard to describe a photo, or even think, without
>> language...
>> and the word 'pussy' is used for the same thing even in French. I've
>> heard the
>> word 'chat' used in France to describe a womans....!
>
> I often see this claim that it's hard to think without words. I guess
> it depends on what kind of thinking you habitually employ. For
> example, when trying to think of some solution to a mechanical problem
> I think purely in terms of mental images of things interacting with
> one another. Not only are no words involved, but it can be quite hard
> to find the words to describe what can be easily seen in the mind's
> eye. It's also famously the case that musical thinking can be very
> detailed and precise yet often impossible to put into words.
>
> The paintings of Salvador Dali sometimes employ quite outrageous
> purely visual puns that do not depend on words.
>
> --
> Chris Malcolm

The same is true when solving many problems in mathematics.....It's called,
"abstract thinking", and many times words just don't enter into it.

Bill Graham

Apr 21, 2009, 3:55:49 PM4/21/09

"Frank ess" <fr...@fshe2fs.com> wrote in message

> STILL guess I need to have someone show me an example of a visual pun that
> does not depend on words.

Isn't the definition of a pun a "play on words"? - If it is, then a pun that
doesn't depend on words would be impossible.

tony cooper

Apr 21, 2009, 4:25:27 PM4/21/09
On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:55:49 -0700, "Bill Graham" <we...@comcast.net>
wrote:

Yes, but I'm approaching the mandate on the basis that photo pun is a
visual scene that *suggests* a common expression. That's not truly a
pun, but I think that's what's being suggest here.

For example, a photograph of someone holding a bird would suggest the
saying "A bird in hand". A second photo of two birds perched in
vegetation would suggest the rest of the expression.

That's how I'm going to approach it, anyway.

The word "pun" seems to confuse everyone, so perhaps the mandate
should be "Photo Phun". (Which is a pun of sorts)

Le...@here.com

Apr 21, 2009, 8:54:05 PM4/21/09
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:26:21 -0400, Alan Browne
<alan....@Freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote:

>Le...@here.com wrote:
>
>> They say we use 2 halves of our brain differently, one for language and one for
>> graphics. I confess I'm better at graphics than language! When someone asks me
>> to explain what I mean, I often grab a pencil and paper to draw what I mean. I
>> always thought it was because I didn't know the words!
>
>Paint the following words: " Red " in blue paint
> " Green " in purple paint
> " Yellow " in red ...
> etc.
>
>And ask people to tell you the color that the word in painted in...
>
>Some people do it without a pause, others are so caught by the word they
>have to think for a second or two to name the color.

I have a copy of that test here somewhere, I can do iit but it's hard for me!

Chris Malcolm

Apr 22, 2009, 5:15:50 AM4/22/09

I think you're missing that important feature of human natural
language which allows the meanings of words to be extended. That's why
for example we can talk of cameras having a family resemblance even
though cameras don't have families, why we can talk of high contrast
even though it's no higher off the ground than low contrast, and so
on. And why we can talk of visual puns.

--
Chris Malcolm

whisky-dave

Apr 22, 2009, 6:50:39 AM4/22/09

"tony cooper" <tony_co...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

But we should have some f'in fun, but no f'in photos.

If I had a picture of a pair of womens breasts with a mouse trap (without
cheese)
on them, would that be a booby trap ?

whisky-dave

Apr 22, 2009, 6:57:32 AM4/22/09

"Alan Browne" <alan....@Freelunchvideotron.ca> wrote in message

> Le...@here.com wrote:
>
>> and the word 'pussy' is used for the same thing even in French. I've
>> heard the
>> word 'chat' used in France to describe a womans....!
>
> Chatte, actually. (feminine of chat) or "Minou".
>
> With Minou being the more acceptable 'slang' and
> 'chatte' being the obscene.

I thought it was chat because French women can't stop talking :)

Although that's rather unfair, I mean isn't it that all women can;t stop
talking ;-)

whisky-dave

Apr 22, 2009, 7:02:14 AM4/22/09

"Bruce" <n...@nospam.net> wrote in message

> Paul Furman <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote:
>>
>>Fish puns anyone?
>

> The only fish puns I know would be better not repeated here. ;-)

you, mean this isn't the write plaice.

Savageduck

Apr 22, 2009, 10:51:16 AM4/22/09

You poor soul, you are solely without sole.
--
Regards,
Savageduck

Alan Browne

Apr 22, 2009, 2:41:41 PM4/22/09

When I took the test I blew (not blue) the first word. Got 'it' and
then "reprogrammed" my response and went through the rest with only a
little delay on each color.

People who read by taking in several words at a time seem to have the
most difficulty with this. The word just swamps their attention and
overrides the interpretation of the colour.

Frank ess

Apr 22, 2009, 3:34:18 PM4/22/09

WTF is "human natural language"? Language is not natural. It's an
artefact of natural processes.

My Philosophy of Science professor, Dr Harrah, used to speak of "The
largest glacier in Riverside (California) County. There am no such
animal.

That's cool, talking of visual puns.

I need someone to show me one.

--
Frank ess

Frank ess

Apr 22, 2009, 3:35:50 PM4/22/09

I think they can, just don't know when to.

(Shut UP, he explained)

--
Frank ess

Message has been deleted

Chris Malcolm

Apr 22, 2009, 7:37:47 PM4/22/09
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Frank ess <fr...@fshe2fs.com> wrote:
> Chris Malcolm wrote:
>> In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bill Graham <we...@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Frank ess" <fr...@fshe2fs.com> wrote in message

>>> Isn't the definition of a pun a "play on words"? - If it is, then
>>> a pun that doesn't depend on words would be impossible.
>>
>> I think you're missing that important feature of human natural
>> language which allows the meanings of words to be extended. That's
>> why for example we can talk of cameras having a family resemblance
>> even though cameras don't have families, why we can talk of high
>> contrast even though it's no higher off the ground than low
>> contrast, and so on. And why we can talk of visual puns.

> WTF is "human natural language"? Language is not natural. It's an
> artefact of natural processes.

In linguistics and cognitive science "human natural language" is used
to describe those human languages which have been naturally developed
as opposed to those specifically invented languages such as Esperanto,
algebra, and Fortran.

--
Chris Malcolm

Alan Browne

Apr 23, 2009, 6:20:26 PM4/23/09
whisky-dave wrote:

> Although that's rather unfair, I mean isn't it that all women can;t stop
> talking ;-)

"" FOR SALE. Encyclopedia. Wife knows Everything. ""

(Hmm, maybe Hemingway would have liked that...).