Help with Photoshop Elements...

samada...@yahoo.ca

Mar 10, 2009, 9:10:11 PM3/10/09
Hello,

I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Ofnuts

Mar 11, 2009, 3:56:29 AM3/11/09

You would have to remove the part of the head that can no longer be seen
(right cheek & eyeà , and add new ones which appear (back of the head on
the left). I sincerely doubt you can do that by mere geometric transforms.

Furthermore our brains are quite sensitive to facial features, get one
wrong and the result will look weird.

--
Bertrand

Mark Thomas

Mar 11, 2009, 5:28:14 AM3/11/09
The only way you could do that would be to map the 2d features onto a 3d
map of the head, and then rotate that...

I'm guessing you don't have a 3d map of the head. And you'd need 3d
software to do it anyway.

If it is a drawing, then in simple terms, you need an *artist* to do this.

Nicko

Mar 11, 2009, 6:36:20 PM3/11/09
On Mar 11, 4:28 am, Mark Thomas <mark.thoma...@gmail.com> wrote:

An artist whom some consider to be very good had a solution:

http://teachers.westport.k12.ct.us/artsmarts/Projects/Picass1.jpg

--
YOP...

Pat

Mar 11, 2009, 8:50:35 PM3/11/09

I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
see his face. Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
looked like?

Neil Ellwood

Mar 12, 2009, 7:40:37 AM3/12/09

Two slices of bread and a little english mustard.

--

Neil
reverse ra and delete l

Roy G

Mar 12, 2009, 9:26:43 AM3/12/09

"Pat" <gro...@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message

What you need is the digital imaging software which they use on CSI.

Roy G

Pat

Mar 12, 2009, 1:38:56 PM3/12/09

You mean the software that takes the old security tape and allows you
to zoom in on a clipboard across the football field and read whats on
it? Yeah, that would be slick.

David

Mar 13, 2009, 9:02:39 PM3/13/09
In article
<687ed58d-8dc1-4973...@h5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
Pat <gro...@artisticphotography.us> wrote:

snip

> I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
> see his face. Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
> looked like?

Cow? are you sure? Sound more like bull to me!

David (with a grin)