Nikon D90 no light meter in LV

Focus

Apr 15, 2009, 7:56:58 PM4/15/09
I'm typing this very slow, so everyone can understand ;-)

I just noticed, that in Live view the shutterspeed is showed from the moment
LV is activated and then it freezes. But it doesn't change when you turn the
camera to lighter or darker scenes! Not even when you change from spot to CW
to matrix.
The only way to tell the shutterspeed, is after you take the shot.
So what good is that?
I just guessed at least the top LCD is showing the correct values, but that
is frozen too. After you take a shot, it's updated with the new value of
your shot.

Do you see the same?
Do I have a faulty sample or did this one really get passed the Nikon
inspector, because they were so excited about video?
If the last is the case, how did this get passed so many reviewers? I'm
really starting to question a lot of peoples competence.

If the D5000 has the same problem, it would be a deal breaker for me. A
smaller OVF wouldn't be a problem if you could use live view with a meter
indication. Without it, it would mean that you'd always have to check your
OVF before you can shoot in live view. Together with the 2 second delay for
the AF, that would be not interesting, to say the least...

--
---
Focus

Le...@here.com

Apr 15, 2009, 8:28:44 PM4/15/09
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:56:58 +0100, "Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote:

>I'm typing this very slow, so everyone can understand ;-)
>
>I just noticed, that in Live view the shutterspeed is showed from the moment
>LV is activated and then it freezes. But it doesn't change when you turn the
>camera to lighter or darker scenes! Not even when you change from spot to CW
>to matrix.

Probably because the shutter speed in live view is "open"... will have to try it
myself...

Focus

Apr 15, 2009, 8:54:59 PM4/15/09

<Le...@here.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:56:58 +0100, "Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote:
>
>>I'm typing this very slow, so everyone can understand ;-)
>>
>>I just noticed, that in Live view the shutterspeed is showed from the
>>moment
>>LV is activated and then it freezes. But it doesn't change when you turn
>>the
>>camera to lighter or darker scenes! Not even when you change from spot to
>>CW
>>to matrix.
>
> Probably because the shutter speed in live view is "open"... will have to
> try it
> myself...

Thanks. I would really appreciate it.
In comparison: I remember the Sony A350 has a liveview that even shows a
live histogram. Why didn't they include something so usefull?
It seems most camera makers should / could learn a lot from each other. Sony
could have known that the high ISO was unacceptable.

Lets hope they can/ will fix this with a firmware update.

Dudley Hanks

Apr 15, 2009, 10:42:30 PM4/15/09

<Le...@here.com> wrote in message
> [...]

I'm not sure how Nikon does the Live View thing, but the XSi implementation
of it is really quite awkward. I can't imagine a fully sighted photographer
using that mode, unless they had to put it on a really weird stationary
mounted configuration.

For one thing, if you think there's a lot of shutter lag in a
point-and-shoot, you ain't seen nothin' till you try shooting the XSi in
Live View mode. I've caught a tennis ball in mid-air with my A720, but i
wouldn't even get the kids playing, let alone the ball in flight, using the
Live View route.

Still, for me, it opens up a lot of dors, and it works quite well for
portraits, and other fairly motion-limited situations..

Take Care,
Dudley

Dimitris M

Apr 16, 2009, 11:16:23 AM4/16/09
Unfortunately is not a bug but it works like this. To measure the light, the
mirror should be down because it uses the same as normal sensor to determine
the exposure. For that when in Lv and the mirror is up, when you releases
the shutter you can hear the mirror drop, (at that time the light
measurement takes place) then up again to take the picture, down again as
long as the picture review takes place and up again ready for the next
shoot. That is. Is not a bug, it works like this. The indications of the
expected speed and aperture (and ISO if in auto) are recorded just before
the mirror up and represent the values for that scene. Do not count on that.
Same thing with D300/700 Lv.

Yesterday I was in the presentation to the press for D5000 & the 10-24mm
lens. I have used the camera for a while but I forgot to check this. But I
don’t expect to be different. Why? Because if they have found a way to
measure the exposure with the mirror up, this will be written in bold in the
presentation.

--
Dimitris M

Ο "Focus" <do...@mail.me> έγραψε στο μήνυμα

Bruce

Apr 16, 2009, 11:38:31 AM4/16/09
"Dimitris M" <som...@yahooo.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately is not a bug but it works like this. To measure the light, the
>mirror should be down because it uses the same as normal sensor to determine
>the exposure. For that when in Lv and the mirror is up, when you releases
>the shutter you can hear the mirror drop, (at that time the light
>measurement takes place) then up again to take the picture, down again as
>long as the picture review takes place and up again ready for the next
>shoot. That is. Is not a bug, it works like this

Any item on the ever-longer list of things that Focus
cannot understand is defined as "a bug".

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 6:28:37 PM4/16/09

"Bruce" <n...@nospam.net> wrote in message

Well, Bruce Allmighty, to stay in your way of speaking, I don't understand
you so you're a bug too. Besides, that would fit with the size of your
brain.

--
---
Focus

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 6:33:45 PM4/16/09

"Dimitris M" <som...@yahooo.com> wrote in message

> Unfortunately is not a bug but it works like this. To measure the light,
> the mirror should be down because it uses the same as normal sensor to
> determine the exposure. For that when in Lv and the mirror is up, when you
> releases the shutter you can hear the mirror drop, (at that time the light
> measurement takes place) then up again to take the picture, down again as
> long as the picture review takes place and up again ready for the next
> shoot. That is. Is not a bug, it works like this. The indications of the
> expected speed and aperture (and ISO if in auto) are recorded just before
> the mirror up and represent the values for that scene. Do not count on
> that. Same thing with D300/700 Lv.
>

> Yesterday I was in the presentation to the press for D5000 & the 10-24mm
> lens. I have used the camera for a while but I forgot to check this. But I
> don't expect to be different. Why? Because if they have found a way to
> measure the exposure with the mirror up, this will be written in bold in
> the presentation.
>
> --
> Dimitris M

Damn! I think you're right. Now I remember that the Sony LV had a special
extra sensor. That thing can shoot and measure just as fast as in normal
mode.
But I picked one up today and I think it's about the same OVF as the Nikon
D5000. I think I'm gonna sit this one out; it's so much smaller than I
remembered...

Still I'm curious what Nikon is going to say about this. Kind of strange
that the coordinator of the support doens't even know about this, but that's
just my opinion.
--
---
Focus

Atheist Chaplain

Apr 16, 2009, 7:37:36 PM4/16/09
"Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote in message

wow, your really good at this insult stuff aren't you

so does "insulting people at a 12 year old level" come naturally to you, or
did you have to study REAL hard ??

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 8:05:34 PM4/16/09

"Atheist Chaplain" <abu...@cia.gov> wrote in message

This asshole is stalking me, leaving all kinds of dumbshit remarks.
I really had to think hard to get down to his level.

--
---
Focus

Rob Morley

Apr 16, 2009, 8:16:28 PM4/16/09
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:38:31 +0100
Bruce <n...@nospam.net> wrote:

> Any item on the ever-longer list of things that Focus
> cannot understand is defined as "a bug".

I'm not knowledgeable about psychology, neurophysiology etc. but

I don't think it's particularly things he can't understand so much as
things that aren't as he thinks they should be - he seems to have a
very rigid world view, and has problems when reality doesn't match his
preconceptions. He has to dismiss or ignore anyone who points out his
flawed reasoning, because accepting that they may have valid views
would effectively be an admission that he doesn't have as firm a grip
on reality as he needs to believe that he does. Without any other
history I'd say autistic spectrum disorder, but as he said he's had
brain injury you'd have to consider that as at least a contributing
factor. The brain is remarkably good at recovering from injury, in
some cases it will re-task different areas to replace lost
functionality, but sometimes it simply provides "appropriate"
information without the underlying functionality, so that areas which
rely on that information have some chance of doing their job. That
can actually work quite well in simple familiar situations, but beyond
that it's a lottery whether the fabricated information will match the
actual situation that requires a response.

Le...@here.com

Apr 16, 2009, 9:14:30 PM4/16/09
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 01:54:59 +0100, "Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote:

><Le...@here.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:56:58 +0100, "Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm typing this very slow, so everyone can understand ;-)
>>>
>>>I just noticed, that in Live view the shutterspeed is showed from the
>>>moment
>>>LV is activated and then it freezes. But it doesn't change when you turn
>>>the
>>>camera to lighter or darker scenes! Not even when you change from spot to
>>>CW
>>>to matrix.
>>
>> Probably because the shutter speed in live view is "open"... will have to
>> try it
>> myself...
>
>Thanks. I would really appreciate it.

The shutter AND aperture seem to lock at the point you open the live view. You
have to hold the shutter button to get it to change. I use P mode.

BTW live view focusing in the dark is a pain! The SLR mode is far better. I even
got a few 'focus on blur' shots in LV.

I don't use the LV, it came with the camera, sort of like the strap or the box,
I didn't care about it. Same as I don't take stills with my Canon Mini DV,
although they make good snapshots.

John McWilliams

Apr 17, 2009, 12:33:35 AM4/17/09

You have other choices. One is to eschew replying. Another is to stop
your incessant x-posting.
Those are but two of many.

--
lsmft

Atheist Chaplain

Apr 17, 2009, 12:55:40 AM4/17/09
"Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote in message

I honestly doubt that.

Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF

Apr 17, 2009, 1:21:33 AM4/17/09
Atheist Chaplain wrote:
> "Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote in message
>
>> I really had to think hard to get down to his level.
>
> I honestly doubt that.

LOL!

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipvdBnU8F8
- KRudd at his finest.

"The Labour Party is corrupt beyond redemption!"
- Labour hasbeen Mark Latham in a moment of honest clarity.

"This is the recession we had to have!"
- Paul Keating explaining why he gave Australia another Labour recession.

"Silly old bugger!"
- Well known ACTU pisspot and sometime Labour prime minister Bob Hawke
responding to a pensioner who dared ask for more.

"By 1990, no child will live in poverty"
- Bob Hawke again, desperate to win another election.

"A billion trees ..."
- Borke, pissed as a newt again.

"Well may we say 'God save the Queen' because nothing will save the governor
general!"
- Egotistical shithead and pompous fuckwit E.G. Whitlam whining about his
appointee for Governor General John Kerr.

Focus

Apr 17, 2009, 6:53:05 AM4/17/09
"Rob Morley" <nos...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Well, thank you Dr. Freud.
For someone who opens his post with:

" I'm not knowledgeable about psychology, neurophysiology etc."

You sure seems to "know" everything about those matters.

What I write is things I discover about hardware or software. Most people
that react in some more opr less "funny" way, are not able to graps what it
is I'm stating. When people don't understand something, combined with a low
IQ ( and for the ones blessed with less than average intelligence: I don't
mean Image Quality), they don't ask questions, but rather draw conclusions
based on their own limited view of life.
You don't know me and they don't know me. You have no idea of what I have or
may not have achieved in life, yet you and a few others think they know all
about me and even can predict what I will do next.
People that react in this matter, more often than not, don't have a real
interesting life of their own, so they get their kicks by trying to put
other people down. Most of those people seldom or never start any
interesting topic of their own, simply beacuse they don't have anything to
tell.
Intelligent people understand this and rarely react, just shaking their
heads.
I doubt very much, that any well known and busy photographer (i.o.w.: one
that has enough work) would spent his time digging in my past postings and
come up with things I stated in the past.

Perhaps a lot of people just don't understand what I mean, when I post
something. I make a statement about something I found and wait for reactions
to see if my statement is warranted or not. My final conclusions are drawn
long after I evaluated reactions.
A lot of people here don't seem to understand the difference between a
statement and a conclusion.

Just a few examples:
About the faulty matrix metering on the D90:
I merely stated that it doesn't work as wel on *my camera* as it did with
other camera's, like my (last ;-) Sony, D300.
Some people even pointed out, that it works less than a P&S. Yet a bunch of
people's reactions are, to make fun of me and quickly point out, that a
"real pro" knows how to get about these issues, I don't know how to get a
shot right, it's the man behind the camera and more nonsense like that.
Nobody questions the "authority" of those many self appointed reviewers,
that more often than not miss a lot of facts about camera's and some even
make completely false statements, like the well known Rob Galbraith.
About the Nikon D5000, he wrote:
"This camera isn't capable of FP High Speed Sync."
See, while I may have brain damage, I check the facts: Nikon states that it
*is* capable, up to 1/4000 sec.
Another, in my opinion, dumb remark:
"The D5000 offers pro photographers in the Nikon camp a way to try their
hand at digital SLR video, at a price that's even lower than the D90."

"Pro photographers"? Like amateurs can't buy it or wht does it mean?
Nothing! Exactly.
I can shoot holes in almost all reviews I read, yet the majority of posters
here answer to them like sheep.
Worst of the reviewers is beggar Ken Rockwell. Reading through his "reviews"
I get the idea of someone with ADHD on a mixture of cocaine, glue and
gasoline...

If I find a problem with my car and put in a newsgroup a post if anybody
else has a new Jaguar that consumes a lot of oil or the heater is defective,
they likely give me a normal answer or ask some questions.
If you put the same question here, a bunch of peoples reaction is something
like:
It's not the car, it's the driver. A professional wouldn't have that
problem, etc.

It says more about the quality and intellect of those people than it says
about me.

--
---
Focus

ASAAR

Apr 17, 2009, 7:43:02 AM4/17/09
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:53:05 +0100, Focus wrote:

> Nobody questions the "authority" of those many self appointed reviewers,
> that more often than not miss a lot of facts about camera's and some even
> make completely false statements, like the well known Rob Galbraith.
> About the Nikon D5000, he wrote:
> "This camera isn't capable of FP High Speed Sync."
> See, while I may have brain damage, I check the facts: Nikon states that it
> *is* capable, up to 1/4000 sec.

Yes, Nikon does state that, just as they stated in the D90 manual
that it has Custom Settings Banks just like the D300, for which you
criticized Nikon. You deride Nikon every chance you get for fairly
inconsequential stuff, probably for the ego boost, yet you're quick
to judge that Rob Galbraith has made "completely false statements"
based on spec's listed by Nikon for the D5000. FYI, the D90
supports FP flash and the D60 doesn't. The D5000 is supposed to be
an upgrade of the D60 with some, but not all of the D90's features.
Maybe the D5000 supports FP high-speed synch and maybe it doesn't.
We'll find out soon enough whether the D5000 supports FP or not, but
what we know for sure is that once again you've shot from the hip
with another of your shaky, premature speculations. In the
meanwhile, try to avoid mistakes or false statements of your own.

Focus

Apr 17, 2009, 9:46:52 AM4/17/09

"ASAAR" <cau...@22.com> wrote in message

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-SLR/25452/D5000.html

FP high speed sync: up to 1/4000

The rest is only your bla, bla.

--
---
Focus

jdear

Apr 17, 2009, 2:04:13 PM4/17/09

Dude, you did a wonderful job proving what Rob Morley said about you
is accurate:

"He has to dismiss or ignore anyone who points out his
flawed reasoning, because accepting that they may have valid views
would effectively be an admission that he doesn't have as firm a grip
on reality as he needs to believe that he does."

I bet you still won't see how YOU did that ( which is just more
proof ).

> --
> ---
> Focus

Focus

Apr 17, 2009, 2:11:34 PM4/17/09
"jdear" <jde...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anyone who starts his post with "Dude" is not to be taken seriously...

--
---
Focus

ASAAR

Apr 17, 2009, 2:50:47 PM4/17/09
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:46:52 +0100, Focus bla bla blabbed:

You're blind as a bat. I already acknowledged that. Have you no
mental focus, my fine big-little man?

> The rest is only your bla, bla, dude.

Whoa, say what? Anyone who end his post with "dude" is not to be
taken seriously...

Focus

Apr 17, 2009, 3:18:13 PM4/17/09
"ASAAR" <cau...@22.com> wrote in message

Hey Achmed, your goat just called me. She misses you...

--
---
Focus

ASAAR

Apr 17, 2009, 3:36:20 PM4/17/09
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:18:13 +0100, Focus wrote:

>>> The rest is only your bla, bla, dude.
>>
>> Whoa, say what? Anyone who end his post with "dude" is not to be
>> taken seriously...
>

> Hey Achmed, your goat just called me. She misses you...

Dude! As an insult, that, like, totally eats it. Your Ho-daddy
guru, he say long time, best to go back to tossing your shoes.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ho-daddy

Focus

Apr 17, 2009, 4:49:41 PM4/17/09
"ASAAR" <cau...@22.com> wrote in message

LOL! And someone here was complaining about my bad English?
ROFLOL!

Still no job, Achmed?

--
---
Focus

ASAAR

Apr 17, 2009, 6:48:39 PM4/17/09
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:49:41 +0100, Focus wrote:

>>> Hey Achmed, your goat just called me. She misses you...
>>
>> Dude! As an insult, that, like, totally eats it. Your Ho-daddy
>> guru, he say long time, best to go back to tossing your shoes.
>>
>> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ho-daddy
>
> LOL! And someone here was complaining about my bad English?
> ROFLOL!

Your giggle's but a niggle. Aint'cha never heard of valley/surfer
speak, dude? Did'ja check the link, photo-dad wanna-be? If you
did, just ask and someone here will volunteer to explain it.

> Still no job, Achmed?

Your racist bigotry is showing. No soup for you, dude (sayeth the
soup nazi) and probably no virgins too, of whatever species. :)
More and more you sound like you should be wearing an ankle bracelet
- the monitoring type that is. Pardon me, but I must be going. I
just spied a really cute honey lamb, and she's got my goat.

Matt Clara

Apr 19, 2009, 9:10:43 AM4/19/09

"Rob Morley" <nos...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:38:31 +0100
> Bruce <n...@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> Any item on the ever-longer list of things that Focus
>> cannot understand is defined as "a bug".
>>

> I'm not knowledgeable about psychology, neurophysiology etc. but

Then shut up about it, already.

Clayton Ramsey

Apr 19, 2009, 4:26:06 PM4/19/09

Don't worry about it Focus. What is happening is that the usual pack of
full-time resident pretend-photographer role-playing newsgroup trolls have
decided to use you for their "fun" this time. The rest of the real
photographers who sometimes read this group already know who they are and
ignore them. Same stalking tactics, same armchair-photographer bullshit
advice, another lost year of their miserable wasted lives.

I surmise they are just sad and emotionally desperate agorophobics in
wheelchairs that haven't had their colostomy bags changed recently. They
have nothing better to do while living in their mommies' basements.

FYI: That's not a put-down for people in wheelchairs, mind you. I used to
volunteer for an organization that took the blind and paraplegic on 3-5
week wilderness adventures into remote areas that even some seasoned
backpackers and canoeists would hesitate to go. Portaging a wheelchair is a
bitch but I always volunteered for that job for some strange reason, mostly
because nobody else would take on that job. Those spokes and hardware will
try to latch onto any snag 100-yards away every chance they could. Those
people in wheelchairs were worth knowing. The stalking trolls living out
their imaginary lives in this newsgroup are not even worth acknowledging
their sadly self-inflicted useless existence.

Focus

Apr 19, 2009, 4:52:42 PM4/19/09

"Clayton Ramsey" <cra...@wherewithall.org> wrote in message

Thank you.
I admire people that do voluntary work. Usually they're are the "non-BS"
kind.
I voluntered for the fire department, but as a photographer to document the
things they do. I would like to be a firefighter but I have some limitations
that prevent me from doing that (bad back, age, fear of heights, etc.).

--
---
Focus

ASAAR

Apr 19, 2009, 8:27:51 PM4/19/09
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:52:42 +0100, Focus wrote:

>> FYI: That's not a put-down for people in wheelchairs, mind you. I used to
>> volunteer for an organization that took the blind and paraplegic on 3-5
>> week wilderness adventures into remote areas that even some seasoned
>> backpackers and canoeists would hesitate to go. Portaging a wheelchair is
>> a bitch but I always volunteered for that job for some strange reason, mostly
>> because nobody else would take on that job. Those spokes and hardware will
>> try to latch onto any snag 100-yards away every chance they could. Those
>> people in wheelchairs were worth knowing. The stalking trolls living out
>> their imaginary lives in this newsgroup are not even worth acknowledging
>> their sadly self-inflicted useless existence.
>
> Thank you.
> I admire people that do voluntary work. Usually they're are the "non-BS"
> kind.

Uh, Focus m'lad, you've been gulled by "Clayton Ramsey", another
manifestation of our Anti-DSLR sock puppet troll. Ironic because
*he* (not real volunteers) rarely offers anything but pure BS. Read
his reply one or two more times and see if you don't agree. Then
again, based on your opinions of the D90, perhaps you believe that
blind, wheelchair bound paraplegics would willingly go on 3 to 5
week wilderness adventures into remote areas so wet and wild that
portaging would be required. If you're not familiar with the word
"portage" look it up. If you are, wow, you sure are gullible.

This, by the way, is the same sock puppet troll that has said
several times that he has taken many award winning photos and that
he won't let the public see them (he despises the public too, not
just DSLR users) and claims that he will have them destroyed when he
dies to insure that the undeserving public will never be able to see
them. You don't need or want support from weevils like that.

Savageduck

Apr 19, 2009, 8:46:49 PM4/19/09

I have to agree.
A check of "Clayton Ramsey's" header does indeed reveal that he is the
lurking P&S troll.
His claims of volunteerism not withstanding , anything he posts should
be regarded with suspicion.
--
Regards,
Savageduck

Bob Larter

Apr 20, 2009, 9:51:15 AM4/20/09

I used to be scared of heights, then I had a job that required me to
climb to the top of tall buildings no a regular basis. I got over it,
but I still feel kind of weird on the top of tall buildings! ;^)

PS: And a big "Hello" to Lynne Lyons, AKA "Goofy",
who's watching this from Google Alerts!

Bruce

Apr 20, 2009, 2:52:24 PM4/20/09
Clayton Ramsey <cra...@wherewithall.org> wrote:

>Don't worry about it Focus. What is happening is that the usual pack of
>full-time resident pretend-photographer role-playing newsgroup trolls have
>decided to use you for their "fun" this time.

Funny how that is an unusually accurate description of
both Focus/Sosumi and yourself.

Have a nice day, troll.

jdear

Apr 21, 2009, 1:21:14 PM4/21/09
On Apr 17, 11:11 am, "Focus" <d...@mail.me> wrote:
> "jdear" <jdea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I was trying to reach down to your level, apparently I didn't go
down far enough. Do I need to speak ebonics to you?

And you might want to learn how to correctly usenet quote someone.

SoShinethTheIdiotASSAR

Apr 22, 2009, 2:50:57 AM4/22/09
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:27:51 -0400, ASAAR <cau...@22.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:52:42 +0100, Focus wrote:
>
>>> FYI: That's not a put-down for people in wheelchairs, mind you. I used to
>>> volunteer for an organization that took the blind and paraplegic on 3-5
>>> week wilderness adventures into remote areas that even some seasoned
>>> backpackers and canoeists would hesitate to go. Portaging a wheelchair is
>>> a bitch but I always volunteered for that job for some strange reason, mostly
>>> because nobody else would take on that job. Those spokes and hardware will
>>> try to latch onto any snag 100-yards away every chance they could. Those
>>> people in wheelchairs were worth knowing. The stalking trolls living out
>>> their imaginary lives in this newsgroup are not even worth acknowledging
>>> their sadly self-inflicted useless existence.
>>
>> Thank you.
>> I admire people that do voluntary work. Usually they're are the "non-BS"
>> kind.
>
> Uh, Focus m'lad, you've been gulled by "Clayton Ramsey", another
>manifestation of our Anti-DSLR sock puppet troll. Ironic because
>*he* (not real volunteers) rarely offers anything but pure BS. Read
>his reply one or two more times and see if you don't agree. Then
>again, based on your opinions of the D90, perhaps you believe that
>blind, wheelchair bound paraplegics would willingly go on 3 to 5
>week wilderness adventures into remote areas so wet and wild that
>portaging would be required. If you're not familiar with the word
>"portage" look it up. If you are, wow, you sure are gullible.

You really need to get out of your basement and sad mistake of a life
someday, as should the rest of the resident trolls just like yourself. But
we won't hold our collective breath waiting for that to ever happen.

http://www.wildernessinquiry.org/

And in case you are so disabled and lame that you can't find the right page
there, http://www.wildernessinquiry.org/register/integrated_adventure.php

Do read the list on that page, of disabilities of people that have gone on
their extensive wilderness adventures. Something that you would never do,
you really are THAT lame. You have less incentive and life than someone who
is paraplegic or blind. You've just proved that.

Go ahead, kill yourself. You know it's the right thing to do. Your life is
already dead and over with. You just have to admit it to yourself. It's
already glaringly obvious to everyone else.

Bruce

Apr 22, 2009, 6:55:41 AM4/22/09
SoShinethTheIdiotASSAR <replying...@youreafool.net> wrote:

>You really need to get out of your basement

Perhaps you should just crawl back under your stone, and stay there.

Have a nice day.

D. Peter Maus

Apr 30, 2009, 12:38:46 PM4/30/09
On 04/17/09 17:48, ASAAR wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:49:41 +0100, Focus wrote:
>:::um, yes....well...let's just say 'content stipuluated'::::

This thread is a scream. It's like someone shouted 'Fragile' at a
Baggage Handler's Convention at O'Hare.

I"ve been forever amazed at the vitriol that can develop among
people who come together with common interests. I saw it in Radio
clubs. I saw it in Auto clubs. (Just MENTION Chapman at a Ferrari
Club meeting....I dare you.) Pilots are nearly as bad, though they
tend to remain a lot calmer about things when they're at the airport.

And it always starts the same way: Someone offers a contrary
opinion, and tags it with a personal dismissal. Usually over some
choice of language. And then the shooting war starts. And the
usefulness of the group ends.

C'mon, folks. There's a lot of useful knowledge and experience,
here. I've been shooting since grammar school. Only recently have I
done anything with it, and have found the opinions and experience in
this group useful in turning what was once a take-it-or-leave-it
hobby into a nice sideline business doing something I really enjoy.
If someone's experience is different than mine, great. I've missed
something. I can turn that into a new skill, and ultimately new
revenue. The need for bitterness doesn't apply. If I can pass along
something of my own, great again. More photographers, as in most
freelance businesses, ultimately creates more work.

And if someone gets pissy and a thread like this erupts with
accusations flying, name calling sprayed, and abject dismissals
scattered like dog droppings on a lawn, that's even better. Not only
can I be amused, but while you're hammering each other over who's
called who 'dude,' and who or who isn't the Nikon Whore, you're
spraying the screen with tiny details about how you're better than
the next guy, and WHY you're better than the next guy, and I'm
walking away with all the tricks and techniques that come up on the
screen, and applying them to my photography, and then going after
YOUR clients with a much more fun attitude, using your own signature
styles.

Carry on. You're going to make me rich.

Like I said...a scream.