Peru

Hans Kruse

Feb 28, 2009, 7:10:17 AM2/28/09
Just having returned from Lima, Peru here is a gallery giving a broad view
of the city http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/peru_2009. A city with many more
possibilities than 3 weeks of shooting could reveal. I did have police
protection a couple of times in the more rough parts of the city. For best
viewing choose original size.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
Hans Kruse www.hanskrusephotography.com

Paul Furman

Feb 28, 2009, 2:44:32 PM2/28/09
Hans Kruse wrote:
> Just having returned from Lima, Peru here is a gallery giving a broad view
> of the city http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/peru_2009. A city with many more
> possibilities than 3 weeks of shooting could reveal. I did have police
> protection a couple of times in the more rough parts of the city. For best
> viewing choose original size.

Very impressive.
The last one caught my eye:
http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109638850/original

earthquake damage? <g>
http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109637051/original

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Miguel

Feb 28, 2009, 4:09:44 PM2/28/09
"Hans Kruse" <hans....@mail.tele.dk> escribió en el mensaje

> Just having returned from Lima, Peru here is a gallery giving a broad view
> of the city http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/peru_2009. A city with many more
> possibilities than 3 weeks of shooting could reveal. I did have police
> protection a couple of times in the more rough parts of the city. For best
> viewing choose original size.

Hello, the quality of the photos is good, but I see that these photos are of
Old Lima, and not of Modern Lima; likewise there are not photos of the
different resources of Peru, like for example in the Amazon Jungle, because
in Peru is where begins the Amazon River.

In Peru there are a lot of places with different landscapes to visit and to
take photos.

--
Miguel M. Yalán
http://mmyv.com

Hans Kruse

Feb 28, 2009, 5:04:25 PM2/28/09

"Miguel" <responde...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> Hello, the quality of the photos is good, but I see that these photos are
> of Old Lima, and not of Modern Lima; likewise there are not photos of the
> different resources of Peru, like for example in the Amazon Jungle,
> because in Peru is where begins the Amazon River.

Thanks, but if you look through the gallery you will see both the old Lima
and the modern Lima. Some examples of the latter is here
http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109238796
http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109184420
http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109665161

as mentioned look through the entire gallery and you will see it.

> In Peru there are a lot of places with different landscapes to visit and
> to take photos.

Yes, I know, but this trip was dedicated to Lima. My previous trip to Peru
http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/peru_2007 was a more traditional round trip
through Lima, Arequipa, Puno, Cuzco, Machu Picchu etc. So far I did not
visit the jungle. Another time, perhaps.

Hans Kruse

Feb 28, 2009, 5:05:40 PM2/28/09

"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message

> Very impressive.
> The last one caught my eye:
> http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109638850/original
>
> earthquake damage? <g>
> http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109637051/original

Thanks very much. Regarding earth quakes, I don't know much about that
regarding Lima, but I think the old houses will have a rough time if a big
one hits the city.
Message has been deleted

Miguel

Feb 28, 2009, 9:23:47 PM2/28/09

> "Miguel" <responde...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> Hello, the quality of the photos is good, but I see that these photos are
>> of Old Lima, and not of Modern Lima; likewise there are not photos of the
>> different resources of Peru, like for example in the Amazon Jungle,
>> because in Peru is where begins the Amazon River.
>
> Thanks, but if you look through the gallery you will see both the old Lima
> and the modern Lima. Some examples of the latter is here
> http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109238796
> http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109184420
> http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109665161
>
> as mentioned look through the entire gallery and you will see it.

Hello, the Modern Lima is principally the Districts like for example San
Isidro, San Borja, and others, where are the houses, buildings, and offices
with modern constructions.

>> In Peru there are a lot of places with different landscapes to visit and
>> to take photos.
>
> Yes, I know, but this trip was dedicated to Lima. My previous trip to Peru
> http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/peru_2007 was a more traditional round trip
> through Lima, Arequipa, Puno, Cuzco, Machu Picchu etc. So far I did not
> visit the jungle. Another time, perhaps.

Ok, before that you will be returning to Lima, maybe you could write in the
newsgroup about the next trip.

Hans Kruse

Mar 1, 2009, 5:24:40 AM3/1/09

> Hello, the Modern Lima is principally the Districts like for example San
> Isidro, San Borja, and others, where are the houses, buildings, and
> offices with modern constructions.

And Miraflores, where I stayed during the 3 weeks I was in Lima. This is the
view from the apartment
http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109184420/original.
I went thorugh San Isidro many times, but did not find much of interest to
photograph there. I found it interesting to see how the modern Lima has been
developping over the last 10 years or so. Especially the parc along the
coast and the new project of extending this all the way to Callao is very
interesting and will hopefully develop the modern part further. I also hope
to see that the old Lima will be restored and kept around and not just
demolished for new high rise buildings which we can see in any city in this
world. Well almost, as I live in Copenhagen (Denmark) where there is serious
limitations on building high rise buildings so we have very few of them.

> Ok, before that you will be returning to Lima, maybe you could write in
> the newsgroup about the next trip.

Thanks for your interest and I will be happy to write again. I will most
likely go back to Lima again. The photographs of the old Lima was part of a
project that might go forward.

Nugget

Mar 1, 2009, 4:07:37 PM3/1/09
On Feb 28, 1:10 pm, "Hans Kruse" <hans.kr...@mail.tele.dk> wrote:
> Just having returned from Lima, Peru here is a gallery giving a broad view
> of the cityhttp://www.pbase.com/hkruse/peru_2009. A city with many more

> possibilities than 3 weeks of shooting could reveal. I did have police
> protection a couple of times in the more rough parts of the city. For best
> viewing choose original size.
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
> Hans Kruse  www.hanskrusephotography.com

nice fotos...I hope they were not the same Police that wanted to
examine my money belt....

Hans Kruse

Mar 1, 2009, 7:27:28 PM3/1/09

"Nugget" <michael...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Feb 28, 1:10 pm, "Hans Kruse" <hans.kr...@mail.tele.dk> wrote:

nice fotos...I hope they were not the same Police that wanted to
examine my money belt....

------------------------------

Good point! I did hear about these types of police officers too. We went to
the local police station and got an agreement for the next day and they were
there on the spot and were very reliable. They also liked the interest in
their area and the purpose of the shooting ( ... well just taking pictures
:-) ).

Terry Bull

Mar 3, 2009, 11:27:47 AM3/3/09
On Mar 2, 1:27 am, "Hans Kruse" <hans.kr...@mail.tele.dk> wrote:
> "Nugget" <michaelnewp...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Nearly took some Police with us in Venezuela....but I decided that, if
that was necessary then I didn't need to do it,
generally the higher you go up a hillside in South America, the poorer
it gets and the higher the chance of being mugged with a weapon. In
the towns you tend to meet the better dressed criminals, and they
always wear a leather jacket.

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Mar 3, 2009, 12:35:37 PM3/3/09

Ο "Hans Kruse" <hans....@mail.tele.dk> έγραψε στο μήνυμα

> "Nugget" <michael...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 28, 1:10 pm, "Hans Kruse" <hans.kr...@mail.tele.dk> wrote:
>
> nice fotos...I hope they were not the same Police that wanted to
> examine my money belt....
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Good point! I did hear about these types of police officers too. We went
> to the local police station and got an agreement for the next day and they
> were there on the spot and were very reliable. They also liked the
> interest in their area and the purpose of the shooting ( ... well just
> taking pictures :-) ).

May I ask you something, what does "den seje" mean in danish? I'm playing
world of warcraft and it's the name of my guild, obviously everyone else is
danish. I can't ask them, because it's been many months since they've been
online.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering