[SI] New Mandate: Close Up, Due April 5th, 2009

bowser

Mar 12, 2009, 7:20:43 PM3/12/09
After the monthly board meeting, the Shoot-In Advisory Board Committee Team
Group has chosen Close Up as this month's photographic mandate. However,
this mandate has been Bowzerized, as usual. Here's the idea: grab a lens,
any lens, and shoot something at that lens' closet possible focus point; OR
submit a killer macro/micro shot using some dedicated macro/micro lens. This
gives those of you who do not own a macro lens a chance to submit, and those
of you who have spent for that MP-E to show us what you can do with it.
There were other mandates considered, but rejected by the Board:

Man Date: great idea, but it gave Brett a huge advantage. No fair for the
rest of us.

Self-Portrait: maybe next month, but it's been done as Rogue's Gallery, and
besides that, nobody deserves to be subjected to my face. Nobody.

It's all here:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin

This mandate, Close Up, is due April 5th, 2009. Please submit your photos by
6PM, Eastern Daylight Time.

Fire!

Atheist Chaplain

Mar 14, 2009, 7:58:19 AM3/14/09
"bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote in message

but does it have to be of your face ??

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

bowser

Mar 14, 2009, 11:20:48 AM3/14/09

"Atheist Chaplain" <abu...@cia.gov> wrote in message

> "bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote in message
>> After the monthly board meeting, the Shoot-In Advisory Board Committee
>> Team Group has chosen Close Up as this month's photographic mandate.
>> However, this mandate has been Bowzerized, as usual. Here's the idea:
>> grab a lens, any lens, and shoot something at that lens' closet possible
>> focus point; OR submit a killer macro/micro shot using some dedicated
>> macro/micro lens. This gives those of you who do not own a macro lens a
>> chance to submit, and those of you who have spent for that MP-E to show
>> us what you can do with it. There were other mandates considered, but
>> rejected by the Board:
>>
>> Man Date: great idea, but it gave Brett a huge advantage. No fair for the
>> rest of us.
>>
>> Self-Portrait: maybe next month, but it's been done as Rogue's Gallery,
>> and besides that, nobody deserves to be subjected to my face. Nobody.
>>
>> It's all here:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin
>>
>> This mandate, Close Up, is due April 5th, 2009. Please submit your photos
>> by 6PM, Eastern Daylight Time.
>>
>> Fire!
>
> but does it have to be of your face ??

No, but the alternatives are much, much worse...

Atheist Chaplain

Mar 15, 2009, 6:33:42 AM3/15/09
"bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote in message

how bad can the back of your head be ??

bowser

Mar 15, 2009, 7:18:49 PM3/15/09

"Atheist Chaplain" <abu...@cia.gov> wrote in message

Well, it is a lot better than the front, no question. But that wouldn't
work, would it?

OK, how about "self-portrait" for the next mandate? I'll be gentle.

Atheist Chaplain

Mar 15, 2009, 10:49:51 PM3/15/09
"bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote in message

I would still be easily recognizable as I have a head like a smashed cabbage
LOL
and there are ways of putting yourself in a portrait without being
recognizable ;-)

This could be a real challenge, after all once it gets bowserised with
little caveats and conditions who knows what the results might be like :-)
and you have a whole month to formulate a set of cunning rules ;-)

bowzer

Mar 16, 2009, 9:33:39 AM3/16/09

"Atheist Chaplain" <abu...@cia.gov> wrote in message

How about a self portrait with no faces? You'd need to find some other way
to show who you are. Workable?

Dudley Hanks

Mar 16, 2009, 5:18:11 PM3/16/09

"bowzer" <i...@bowzah.ukme> wrote in message

Hey, I like that idea...

bowser

Mar 16, 2009, 5:22:08 PM3/16/09

"Dudley Hanks" <photos....@dudley-hanks.com> wrote in message

>>> I would still be easily recognizable as I have a head like a smashed
>>> cabbage LOL
>>> and there are ways of putting yourself in a portrait without being
>>> recognizable ;-)
>>>
>>> This could be a real challenge, after all once it gets bowserised with
>>> little caveats and conditions who knows what the results might be like
>>> :-) and you have a whole month to formulate a set of cunning rules ;-)
>>
>> How about a self portrait with no faces? You'd need to find some other
>> way to show who you are. Workable?
>

> Hey, I like that idea...

Could be good! Let's run it up the flagpole and see if anyone protests it.

jimkramer

Mar 16, 2009, 5:38:54 PM3/16/09

"bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote in message
After all the shit I took for posting even moderately challenging mandates
you are actually considering this? To clarify, consider this a "Hell No!"
vote.
-Jim

Message has been deleted

Atheist Chaplain

Mar 17, 2009, 4:57:55 AM3/17/09
"Savageduck" <savag...@savage.net> wrote in message
> Could you mean something as silly as this:
> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Savageduck-e.jpg
> --
> Regards,
> Savageduck

too much Photo shop work, that shirt looks totally fake !!

Message has been deleted

bowzer

Mar 18, 2009, 8:50:27 AM3/18/09

"jimkramer" <Newsr...@NOFSPAMjlkramer.net> wrote in message