When Highlanders get Bored with their Sheep

Stormin Mormon

May 23, 2009, 1:24:33 PM5/23/09

RicodJour

May 23, 2009, 1:30:43 PM5/23/09
On May 23, 1:24 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

That is unbelievable! Most excellent.

Malcolm Hoar

May 23, 2009, 2:00:38 PM5/23/09
In article <gv9bhl$hru$2...@news.eternal-september.org>, "Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/dfy7vj

Actually, they're Welsh (not Highlanders).

But it's a most excellent video, thanks.

| ma...@malch.com Gary Player. |
| http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Alan Browne

May 23, 2009, 2:02:17 PM5/23/09
On 23-05-09 13:24, Stormin Mormon wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/dfy7vj
>
> It's clean. :)
>
> And funny.

Pretty old, that.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

RicodJour

May 23, 2009, 2:07:48 PM5/23/09
On May 23, 2:02 pm, Alan Browne <alan.bro...@Freelunchvideotron.ca>
wrote:

> On 23-05-09 13:24, Stormin Mormon wrote:
>
> >    http://tinyurl.com/dfy7vj
>
> > It's clean. :)
>
> > And funny.
>
> Pretty old, that.

There's nothing new about commenting that something is old.

If someone hadn't seen it before, like me, it's new.

More to the point, even if someone had seen it before, does it make it
any less remarkable?

Stormin Mormon

May 23, 2009, 2:58:02 PM5/23/09
I didn't know that. Sorry!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Malcolm Hoar" <ma...@malch.com> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 23, 2009, 2:57:40 PM5/23/09
I sat through it, not believing my eyes. I watched it all
through, and alternately amazed, and laughing.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RicodJour" <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/dfy7vj

Bill Hall

May 23, 2009, 3:23:52 PM5/23/09
To hell with the "critics"!! I had seen it before and still watched it
again, because it is remarkable.
Sure beats "my house stinks" posts.....

"RicodJour" <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote in message

RicodJour

May 23, 2009, 4:03:15 PM5/23/09
On May 23, 3:23 pm, "Bill Hall" <bhall...@verizon.net> wrote:
>  To hell with the "critics"!! I had seen it before and still watched it
> again, because it is remarkable.

At first I thought it was a CGI piece. I guess having too much time
on your hands can be quite li-baaaaa-rating! ;)

George Kerby

May 24, 2009, 11:49:08 AM5/24/09

On 5/23/09 1:07 PM, in article
ff07dff6-3c19-44d0...@f16g2000vbf.googlegroups.com,
"RicodJour" <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote:

Alan is a fuddy-dud.

Bob Larter

May 31, 2009, 4:50:32 PM5/31/09

Okay, that was hilarious.

John McWilliams

May 31, 2009, 5:13:47 PM5/31/09
Bob Larter wrote:
> Stormin Mormon wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/dfy7vj
>>
>> It's clean. :)
>>
>> And funny.
>>
>> http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1137883380?bctid=170756
>> 85001
>
> Okay, that was hilarious.

Excellent!

link for those for whom above was broken:

<http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1137883380?bctid=17075685001>

--
john mcwilliams

Deep Reset

May 31, 2009, 5:22:46 PM5/31/09

"Bob Larter" <bobby...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Stormin Mormon wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/dfy7vj
>>
>> It's clean. :)
>>
>> And funny.
>>
>> http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1137883380?bctid=170756
>> 85001
>
> Okay, that was hilarious.

What was hilarious - the sheep running around, or the fact that Stormin'
Moron thought that Welsh people were Highlanders?

Stormin Mormon

Jun 1, 2009, 8:55:42 AM6/1/09
Which is why I sent the tiny url. Less likely to break a
URL.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John McWilliams" <jp...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Stormin Mormon wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/dfy7vj
>>
>> It's clean. :)
>>
>> And funny.

Excellent!

John McWilliams

Jun 1, 2009, 9:55:41 AM6/1/09
Stormin Mormon wrote:
> Which is why I sent the tiny url. Less likely to break a
> URL.

Could you train yourself to put the reply following a trimmed post??

Many folks don't like tiny URLs and won't click on them unless they are
quite sure what the poster is up to.

--
john mcwilliams

RicodJour

Jun 1, 2009, 11:05:42 AM6/1/09
On Jun 1, 9:55 am, John McWilliams <jp...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Stormin Mormon wrote:
>
> > Which is why I sent the tiny url. Less likely to break a
> > URL.
>
> Could you train yourself to put the reply following a trimmed post??

If you're talking about the OP top-posting, he's either lazy, doesn't
understand how it makes it more difficult for people to follow the
thread and what he is replying to, or just doesn't care. The first
and last you can't do anything about, the second one, well, take him
what your objection is. Be specific, use small words and keep it
brief.

> Many folks don't like tiny URLs and won't click on them unless they are
> quite sure what the poster is up to.

While you are right in general not to blithely click on a link from an
unknown source, he did put both a Tinyurl and the direct link, so I'm
not sure what the issue is.

Bob Larter

Jun 1, 2009, 2:27:07 PM6/1/09

Fair enough, but did you know that you can switch on an option at
tinyurl to always show you the final URL & wait for your okay before
proceeding?

John McWilliams

Jun 1, 2009, 3:43:12 PM6/1/09
[alt.home.repair] out

Bob Larter wrote:
> John McWilliams wrote:
>> Stormin Mormon wrote:
>>> Which is why I sent the tiny url. Less likely to break a URL.
>>>
>> Could you train yourself to put the reply following a trimmed post??
>>
>> Many folks don't like tiny URLs and won't click on them unless they
>> are quite sure what the poster is up to.
>
> Fair enough, but did you know that you can switch on an option at
> tinyurl to always show you the final URL & wait for your okay before
> proceeding?

Yes, and one can also formulate a wee preview when arranging a t.u.

However, I don't click on any link in usenet unless I 'know' the poster.
"Rita" posted a pile of dogshit with an innocuous name in the link, so
there's one poster whose URLs I avoid.

-0-
--
john mcwilliams