AC chargers

Miles

Mar 15, 2009, 11:19:02 AM3/15/09
I have 2 chargers for my Nokia phone: One is a Nokia that charges 500
mA and the other is a BS that charges at 800 mA. FYI, the batteries
being charged are Samya BL-4C which is rated at 550mAh and a Nokia BL-4C
which doesn't provide the info, however I have another old Nokia charger
(European style plug) that reads 800mAh.

Presumably the BS charging rate is slower. Difference in battery wear
and tear? Is there any harm in using a higher mAh rate, and if so, up
to what rate?

Miles

tn...@mucks.net

Mar 15, 2009, 11:58:47 AM3/15/09

The Nokia BL-4C is a 720mah battery. You can use either charger.
The battery being charged will only take the current it needs as the
voltage between the two chargers is the same.

Message has been deleted

Bob Larter

Mar 16, 2009, 5:05:20 AM3/16/09

Um, no, it doesn't work like that. Chargers wind up the terminal voltage
to whatever it takes to generate the rated charging current. The 800mA
charger will be faster (& hotter) than the 550mA unit.

To the OP: No, there shouldn't be any problem with using the 800mA charger.