Another falls victim to the horror of P&S's

RichA

Jun 22, 2009, 7:03:04 AM6/22/09

John Navas

Jun 22, 2009, 12:02:31 PM6/22/09
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 04:03:04 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rande...@gmail.com>
wrote in
<e80d5fc9-9a56-4f7d...@j12g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>:

Another lame troll.
Image is 100% crop from a poorly focused shot at reduced resolution and
quality, possibly with a dirty lens.
I could easily manufacture similar dSLR images.
Get a life and give it a rest.

--
Best regards,
John (Panasonic DMC-FZ28, and several others)

DRS

Jun 22, 2009, 4:03:00 PM6/22/09
"John Navas" <spamf...@navasgroup.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 04:03:04 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rande...@gmail.com>
> wrote in
> <e80d5fc9-9a56-4f7d...@j12g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>:
>
>> Heavy evident noise at 100 ISO.
>>
>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=32138366
>
> Another lame troll.

Not to mention cross-posted to rec.photo.digital in order to provoke the P&S
troll.

ribbit

Jun 22, 2009, 5:16:36 PM6/22/09
RichA wrote:
> Heavy evident noise at 100 ISO.
>
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=32138366

The photo he is using for a supposed example was substantially under
exposed and had the virtual ISO lifted so something like ISO 1200 by
bring up the levels to 'look' like a correctly exposed image.

The give away is the skin colour shifting to red. Try it yourself with a
DSLR image. You'll get the same thing happen... Make sure you save as
40% JPEG before you start!

--
With age come a new ability ...multi-tasking.
I can laugh, cough, sneeze, fart and pee all at the same time!

Rich

Jun 23, 2009, 1:50:57 AM6/23/09
On Jun 22, 12:02 pm, John Navas <spamfilt...@navasgroup.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 04:03:04 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3...@gmail.com>
> wrote in
> <e80d5fc9-9a56-4f7d-80f4-8d0ba06df...@j12g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>:

> >Heavy evident noise at 100 ISO.
>
> >http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=32138366
>
> Another lame troll.
> Image is 100% crop from a poorly focused shot at reduced resolution and
> quality, possibly with a dirty lens.
> I could easily manufacture similar dSLR images.
> Get a life and give it a rest.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> John            (Panasonic DMC-FZ28, and several others)

And focus effects noise...how? Not just noise, not nice, grainy film-
like noise, but ugly, blobby crappy processor noise.

Rich

Jun 23, 2009, 1:52:52 AM6/23/09
On Jun 22, 5:16 pm, ribbit <rib...@news.group> wrote:
> RichA wrote:
> > Heavy evident noise at 100 ISO.
>
> >http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=32138366
>
> The photo he is using for a supposed example was substantially under
> exposed and had the virtual ISO lifted so something like ISO 1200 by
> bring up the levels to 'look' like a correctly exposed image.

"Something like?" 3.5 stops? Rubbish.

Scott W

Jun 23, 2009, 3:23:05 AM6/23/09
On Jun 22, 1:03 am, RichA <rander3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Heavy evident noise at 100 ISO.
>
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=32138366

That looks like jpeg artifacts to me, not noise.

alvey

Jun 23, 2009, 4:55:19 AM6/23/09
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:50:57 -0700 (PDT), Rich wrote:

> And focus effects noise...how? Not just noise, not nice, grainy film-
> like noise, but ugly, blobby crappy processor noise.

That's an excellent description of your posts.

as

John Navas

Jun 23, 2009, 3:30:55 PM6/23/09
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:23:05 -0700 (PDT), Scott W <bip...@hotmail.com>
wrote in
<77da16ee-fc48-4882...@q3g2000pra.googlegroups.com>:

Rich is apparently so desperate to put down compact digital cameras that
he'll stoop to anything, no matter how absurd.

John Turco

Jun 29, 2009, 1:49:07 AM6/29/09

Hello, Rich:

Hmmm..."rubbish," you say? You should be an expert on that particular
subject -- as you haul so much of it around, during your "day job," as
one of Canada's finest "sanitation engineers." ;-)

Cordially,
John Turco <jt...@concentric.net>

John Turco

Jun 29, 2009, 1:49:03 AM6/29/09
RichA wrote:

> Heavy evident noise at 100 ISO.
>
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=32138366

Hello, Rich:

Personally, I wonder how many of this newsgroup's newcomers will "fall victim"
to your insipid trolling?