[SI] Communication is posted!

bowser

Feb 2, 2009, 7:48:10 PM2/2/09
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/communication

Not a bad collection for a mandate that was more difficult than I thought. I
must have scared some shooters away, I guess. NP. Briefly, my own (Bowser)
shots were:

1. Patrick Henry giving his famous "Give Me Liberty of Give Me Death"
speech. OK, not really Patrick Henry, but an actor performing the speech at
Colonial Williamsburg, a living museum located in Virginia, USA.

2. Yes, I actually used to type on this thing. Before I could get my hands
on the Selectric, this was what I used for some papers in high school. It
was ancient back then (ca 1972) and really old now.

3. Modern communications in my town are not interrupted bya little snow.
The mail and paper still get through.

Fire at will!

Annika1980

Feb 2, 2009, 7:59:18 PM2/2/09
On Feb 2, 7:48 pm, "bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote:
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/communication
>
> Fire at will!

What'd I tell ya? Boring pics of modems!
I did like Kramer's Macro shot of his monitor though.
When I got my MP-E lens that was the first thing I shot.

Alan Browne

Feb 2, 2009, 8:24:10 PM2/2/09
Annika1980 wrote:
> On Feb 2, 7:48 pm, "bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote:
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/communication
>>
>> Fire at will!
>

> What'd I tell ya?

We would rather have been told by your photos...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Paul Furman

Feb 2, 2009, 9:16:11 PM2/2/09

You missed mine... which is alright, the one I submitted yesterday
sucked... I just sent another which is at least interesting <g>.

Jim stole my idea for B&W with the LCD closeup... which I forgot to
submit on time last month <g>.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

tony cooper

Feb 2, 2009, 10:06:22 PM2/2/09
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:48:10 -0500, "bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote:

>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/communication
>
>Not a bad collection for a mandate that was more difficult than I thought. I
>must have scared some shooters away, I guess. NP. Briefly, my own (Bowser)
>shots were:

I thought this mandate was an easy one to pick subjects for. I
actually had more to offer, but I wanted to see which PhoneBoneYard
the group felt was better: color or black and white.

I did a similar one of your typewriter:
http://tonycooper.fileave.com/WesternUnion.jpg

and one of an old phone board:

http://tonycooper.fileave.com/phoneplugs.jpg

Good people shots in this group. I like people shots.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

bowser

Feb 3, 2009, 6:42:55 AM2/3/09

"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message

> bowser wrote:
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/communication
>>
>> Not a bad collection for a mandate that was more difficult than I
>> thought. I must have scared some shooters away, I guess. NP. Briefly, my
>> own (Bowser) shots were:
>>
>> 1. Patrick Henry giving his famous "Give Me Liberty of Give Me Death"
>> speech. OK, not really Patrick Henry, but an actor performing the speech
>> at Colonial Williamsburg, a living museum located in Virginia, USA.
>>
>> 2. Yes, I actually used to type on this thing. Before I could get my
>> hands on the Selectric, this was what I used for some papers in high
>> school. It was ancient back then (ca 1972) and really old now.
>>
>> 3. Modern communications in my town are not interrupted bya little snow.
>> The mail and paper still get through.
>>
>> Fire at will!
>
> You missed mine... which is alright, the one I submitted yesterday
> sucked... I just sent another which is at least interesting <g>.

Got them. Just forgot to download from the e-mail, sorry.

bowser

Feb 3, 2009, 6:44:14 AM2/3/09

"Annika1980" <annik...@aol.com> wrote in message

And your shot of a bird shitting off an antenna? That's why you bought the
Mark II?

Don't complain, shoot! Show us how it's done!

Annika1980

Feb 3, 2009, 11:07:23 AM2/3/09
On Feb 3, 6:44 am, "bowser" <w...@tisgoing.on> wrote:

> And your shot of a bird shitting off an antenna? That's why you bought the
> Mark II?
>
> Don't complain, shoot! Show us how it's done!

That wasn't just any bird taking a crap.
That was a red-tailed hawk showing his displeasure for the upcoming
Digital TV transition.

bowser

Feb 3, 2009, 1:00:15 PM2/3/09

"Annika1980" <annik...@aol.com> wrote in message

Doesn't that bird know that you can get a voucher for an adapter and his
antenna and TV are still good?

Stoopid bird.

Paul Furman

Feb 3, 2009, 5:26:28 PM2/3/09
bowser wrote:

> "Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message
>> bowser wrote:
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/communication
>>>
>>> Not a bad collection for a mandate that was more difficult than I
>>> thought. I must have scared some shooters away, I guess. NP. Briefly,
>>> my own (Bowser) shots were:
>>>
>>> 1. Patrick Henry giving his famous "Give Me Liberty of Give Me Death"
>>> speech. OK, not really Patrick Henry, but an actor performing the
>>> speech at Colonial Williamsburg, a living museum located in Virginia,
>>> USA.
>>>
>>> 2. Yes, I actually used to type on this thing. Before I could get my
>>> hands on the Selectric, this was what I used for some papers in high
>>> school. It was ancient back then (ca 1972) and really old now.
>>>
>>> 3. Modern communications in my town are not interrupted bya little
>>> snow. The mail and paper still get through.
>>>
>>> Fire at will!
>>
>> You missed mine... which is alright, the one I submitted yesterday
>> sucked... I just sent another which is at least interesting <g>.
>
> Got them. Just forgot to download from the e-mail, sorry.

Thanks.
You could've been more tough on me with the late one <g>.