Help: How convert camera's bloated Motion Jpegs to MPEG-1?

janice smith

Mar 22, 2009, 8:27:59 AM3/22/09
Is there any free software which will do a reasonable job of
compressing my bloated AVIs to MPEG-1?

They are from my little Casio Exelim still camera. It records
movie clips as AVIs containing "Motion JPEG" but these AVIs are
huge. A 100MB file plays for only 2 minutes!

I haven't tried this before, can you suggest some good settings
for a start with the software?

My Motion JPEGs are 640x480 at 30 frames/sec. I thought to go
MPEG-1 but any movie format is ok if it plays easily on most
equipment.

Bob Larter

Mar 22, 2009, 9:11:52 AM3/22/09

VirtualDub is good for this sort of conversion.
<http://www.virtualdub.org/>

Marcin

Mar 24, 2009, 7:20:22 AM3/24/09
You can use Image Ready (adobe) to make animations (frames are made from
your photos, drawings),
VirtualDub is a great tool as Bob said,
personally I use VirtualDub for video without sound,
prepare the sound with CDex (eg mp3 format) and add the soundtrack to video
with NanDub.

Best Regards
Martin
www.gorgolewski.com

Użytkownik "janice smith" <sm...@mail.com> napisał w wiadomości

Grimly Curmudgeon

Mar 26, 2009, 5:17:09 PM3/26/09
drugs began to take hold. I remember janice smith <sm...@mail.com>
saying something like:

>Is there any free software which will do a reasonable job of
>compressing my bloated AVIs to MPEG-1?

SUPER does it for free. It's one of the best all rounders.
www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
Not just that, but lots more besides.