Photo of Pyrrhopterus

Miguel

Jun 27, 2009, 7:34:04 PM6/27/09
Hello:

I have just done this photo about this interesting species:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/3665899077/

Thanks to all for your comments about photography.

--
Miguel M. Yal�n
http://mmyv.com

terry andersen

Jun 27, 2009, 8:00:11 PM6/27/09
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:34:04 -0500, "Miguel"
<responde...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Hello:
>
>I have just done this photo about this interesting species:
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/3665899077/
>
>Thanks to all for your comments about photography.

Caged birds and other caged animals are not very interesting, and not just
because of the ugly cage-bar lines with no chance of any decent
composition. Some people even find caged-animal photos to be annoying, if
not disturbing. Try to get out into their native habitat and photograph
them in their natural environment. You'd be far better off by learning
photography with common sparrows on a branch or pigeons in the park than
you'll ever be by photographing caged birds.

rwalker

Jun 27, 2009, 8:20:31 PM6/27/09

Or for that matter, if he's tame enough, let him out of the cage and
try a few shots.

Miguel

Jun 27, 2009, 9:18:02 PM6/27/09
"rwalker" <rwa...@despammed.com> escribi� en el mensaje

Yes, It is a good option, as soon as, thoses parrots will have a special
processing, but now I only can take photos "as is".

Paul Furman

Jun 28, 2009, 2:01:05 AM6/28/09
Miguel wrote:
> "rwalker" <rwa...@despammed.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:00:11 -0500, terry andersen
>> <tand...@myisp.org> wrote:

>>> Caged birds and other caged animals are not very interesting, and not just
>>> because of the ugly cage-bar lines with no chance of any decent
>>> composition. Some people even find caged-animal photos to be annoying, if
>>> not disturbing. Try to get out into their native habitat and photograph
>>> them in their natural environment. You'd be far better off by learning
>>> photography with common sparrows on a branch or pigeons in the park than
>>> you'll ever be by photographing caged birds.
>> Or for that matter, if he's tame enough, let him out of the cage and
>> try a few shots.
>
> Yes, It is a good option, as soon as, thoses parrots will have a special
> processing, but now I only can take photos "as is".

Then don't take the photos, or do tell the story...

Maybe it's art, calling attention to the cruel caging of animals?
The bad composition just makes it more painful.

Seriously, do these birds have owners? Much more interesting to shoot
them interacting with their owner, otherwise I get an image of abandoned
birds in cages going insane. These are very smart, highly social creatures.

Robert Coe

Jun 28, 2009, 8:18:30 AM6/28/09

Intelligent animals get bored easily, and almost anything you do with them can
attract their interest. Remember the National Geo cover of a gorilla, Nikon in
hand, taking a picture of herself in a full-length mirror? Maybe Miguel should
show the parrot the pictures he takes of him. ;^)

Bob

Nicko

Jun 28, 2009, 10:05:20 AM6/28/09
On Jun 28, 1:01 am, Paul Furman <pa...@-edgehill.net> wrote:
> Miguel wrote:
> > "rwalker" <rwal...@despammed.com> escribió en el mensaje

The "special processing" that this retarded troll Miguel refers to
entails boxing the birds up and shipping them off to Texas and Arizona
to be sold in flea markets as either pets or fertilizer, depending
upon their condition when they arrive in the States.

--
YOP...

Miguel

Jun 28, 2009, 12:49:54 PM6/28/09
"Robert Coe" <b...@1776.COM> escribi� en el mensaje

That remember me this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/3257895183/in/set-72157613403875084/

By the way, these parrots, and other animals that I am taking photos, they
are registered and protected by The National Institute of Natural Resources
(INRENA).