Re: The DELL 2209WA Any good..

Message has been deleted

botox

May 16, 2009, 11:49:05 AM5/16/09
As it is a Dell it is probably made by someone else and marketed under
several brand names.
As it is a Dell its particular model number and external packaging will
disappear but the innards themselves will re-emerge as a "new" model.

Paul Furman

May 17, 2009, 12:25:39 AM5/17/09
Woger wrote:

> Seem to get some decent reviews but is it any good..?

Sounds nice but HD video needs 1920x1200(1080) and this is
1680x1050(945). That might not matter to you.

Here's some competition at 1920x1080 (wider ratio):
http://www.displayblog.com/2009/01/28/lg-display-lpl-23-e-ips-1080p-lcd-monitor-panel/
-read the geek stuff below about e-IPS

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Eric Stevens

May 17, 2009, 4:48:50 PM5/17/09
On Sat, 16 May 2009 21:25:39 -0700, Paul Furman <paul-@-edgehill.net>
wrote:

>Woger wrote:
>>
>> Seem to get some decent reviews but is it any good..?
>
>Sounds nice but HD video needs 1920x1200(1080) and this is
>1680x1050(945). That might not matter to you.
>
>Here's some competition at 1920x1080 (wider ratio):
>http://www.displayblog.com/2009/01/28/lg-display-lpl-23-e-ips-1080p-lcd-monitor-panel/
>-read the geek stuff below about e-IPS

I can't speak for the 2209 WA but I am most impressed by my 2408WFP.
In particular, my Spyder 2 says that the colour calibration is almost
dead correct.

I've compared it with Eizo screens and prefered the Dell - which did
surprise me.

Eric Stevens

Matt Clara

May 17, 2009, 4:57:35 PM5/17/09
"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message

> Woger wrote:
>>
>> Seem to get some decent reviews but is it any good..?
>
> Sounds nice but HD video needs 1920x1200(1080) and this is 1680x1050(945).
> That might not matter to you.
>
> Here's some competition at 1920x1080 (wider ratio):
> http://www.displayblog.com/2009/01/28/lg-display-lpl-23-e-ips-1080p-lcd-monitor-panel/
> -read the geek stuff below about e-IPS

I just picked up a 23" Acer X233H for $179 at TigerDirect.com. I love it,
though it was too bright right out of the box. It's so long, it's like
having two of my old monitors (not literally, but then, not that far off,
either), so there is tons of room to work in Photoshop, with my tools and
palettes not claiming 1/3 of the space. Also, as far as Tiger Direct goes,
I used their "truck" shipping (really, that was the option, USPS, UPS, Fed
Ex, Truck). Cost $1.88, and they had it to me within 4 business days
(ordered it late on a Thursday, got it Tuesday when I got home from work).