[SI] Call for mandate

Bowser

Apr 14, 2009, 3:23:05 PM4/14/09
My thought for the next mandate comes from an old photo book I found in the
attic: Punography. Take a cliche/saying, and provide a photographic
representation of it using up to four consecutive photos. I'd provide the
cliches/sayings, you shoot pix to illustrate them as visual puns. I think it
might be interesting to see how different shooters present different puns.
If you want, I'll scan and post a couple of examples.

Of you can just tell me to buzz off and offer your own suggestions.

The date for submissions is pending. I need to firm up my travel schedule
prior to setting a date.Right now, the earliest date looks like may 10th.
Stay tuned.

http://www.amazon.com/Punography-Bruce-McMillan/dp/0140048391

tony cooper

Apr 14, 2009, 3:50:16 PM4/14/09

Sounds good. Let's do it. However, it gives certain people an
advantage. All Bruce, Hemi, Pat, Bill Graham, and a few others have
to do is post a photograph of themselves over the saying "You can lead
a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

I totally reject the idea of posting my photograph over the saying
"There's no fool like an old fool".
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

whisky-dave

Apr 15, 2009, 7:36:37 AM4/15/09

"tony cooper" <tony_co...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

The camera never lies ;-)

Harry Lockwood

Apr 15, 2009, 9:28:38 AM4/15/09
In article <gs4gv1$qr7$1@qmul>,
"whisky-dave" <whisk...@final.front.ear> wrote:

(ping Bowser)

I had hoped that the earlier suggestion of a self portrait would stick.
So, I prepared an entry. If "self portrait" doesn't fly, I'll post it
for your amusement anyway.

HFL

Bowser

Apr 15, 2009, 12:24:50 PM4/15/09

How about puns this month, self-portrait next month?

Harry Lockwood

Apr 15, 2009, 3:25:52 PM4/15/09
In article <mTnFl.265$X6....@bos-service2b.ext.ray.com>,
Bowser <ov...@the.rainbow> wrote:

> Harry Lockwood wrote:
> > In article <gs4gv1$qr7$1@qmul>,
> > "whisky-dave" <whisk...@final.front.ear> wrote:

SNIP

> > (ping Bowser)
> >
> > I had hoped that the earlier suggestion of a self portrait would stick.
> > So, I prepared an entry. If "self portrait" doesn't fly, I'll post it
> > for your amusement anyway.
> >
> > HFL
>
> How about puns this month, self-portrait next month?

Your call.

HFL