Inspiration

PaddleHard

Jun 4, 2009, 4:25:25 PM6/4/09
Hi group,

While grateful for the rain, I'm looking for some ideas/inspiration
for shooting in rainy/overcast weather. I've found myself stuck in a
rut of only shooting in the 'right' light. Where do you get your
inspiration when your stuck in a run? Any thoughts on rainy/overcast
photography?

Paul Heslop

Jun 4, 2009, 4:55:36 PM6/4/09

low light/night stuff. something where there is a single source of
light where the rain will catch in it and be highlighted.

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look

PaddleHard

Jun 4, 2009, 4:59:47 PM6/4/09

Wow! I can see the picture already! Thanks, Paul...and I like your
signature "Stop and Look". Makes sense.

Savageduck

Jun 4, 2009, 6:09:12 PM6/4/09

Yes, use the light. Shoot in RAW if possible and your results will be
interesting.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_0498w.jpg
--
Regards,

Savageduck

Bob Larter

Jun 5, 2009, 12:58:11 AM6/5/09
Paul Heslop wrote:
> PaddleHard wrote:
>> Hi group,
>>
>> While grateful for the rain, I'm looking for some ideas/inspiration
>> for shooting in rainy/overcast weather. I've found myself stuck in a
>> rut of only shooting in the 'right' light. Where do you get your
>> inspiration when your stuck in a run? Any thoughts on rainy/overcast
>> photography?
>
> low light/night stuff. something where there is a single source of
> light where the rain will catch in it and be highlighted.

But don't bother trying to use an on-camera flash.

Paul Heslop

Jun 5, 2009, 5:25:59 AM6/5/09

thanks :O)

Paul Heslop

Jun 5, 2009, 5:26:48 AM6/5/09

I do love clouds.

Paul Heslop

Jun 5, 2009, 5:27:38 AM6/5/09
Bob Larter wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > PaddleHard wrote:
> >> Hi group,
> >>
> >> While grateful for the rain, I'm looking for some ideas/inspiration
> >> for shooting in rainy/overcast weather. I've found myself stuck in a
> >> rut of only shooting in the 'right' light. Where do you get your
> >> inspiration when your stuck in a run? Any thoughts on rainy/overcast
> >> photography?
> >
> > low light/night stuff. something where there is a single source of
> > light where the rain will catch in it and be highlighted.
>
> But don't bother trying to use an on-camera flash.

:O) no flash... and in my case definitely a tripod.

whisky-dave

Jun 5, 2009, 8:26:41 AM6/5/09

"PaddleHard" <ipadd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I used to take pictures of puddles and the reflections in them
especially in cities with lots of street lights. Light rain in puddles
produced some interesting effects.
I did get an interesting one of a friend in a thunderstorm,
with flash, but part of that was because it's the first anmd
last time he cleaned his car. It was just amusing to seem hinm with an
umbrella
in hand wiping the car down in a downpour, but not very interesting
photographically.