See what the RED camera can do.

Eric Stevens

Apr 29, 2009, 10:56:12 PM4/29/09

Me

Apr 30, 2009, 2:24:00 AM4/30/09
Eric Stevens wrote:
> http://www.gregfoto.com/portfolio/image.php?album_id=43&album_item_id=574

ummmm...
wow!

To be very critical, the high (full) res 4k sample is noisy. But 35mm
cine frames are much much worse at that size.

Peter Jackson (yeah I'm a kiwi too, but not a hobbit last time I checked
in the mirror) commented that Red One at 4k was like "70mm" WRT
resolution. To make it look like 35mm, his comment was that it's easy,
shoot at 2k (or convert to 2k), and add grain.

Bigguy

Apr 30, 2009, 4:06:41 AM4/30/09
> Eric Stevens
The still is very noisy - has this been shot at high ISO using available
light?

Guy

bugbear

Apr 30, 2009, 4:55:55 AM4/30/09

If you have to smooth or sub sample to get rid of the noise,
the resolution claim would become questionable.

BugBear

Not Given

Apr 30, 2009, 9:18:24 AM4/30/09

"Eric Stevens" <eric.s...@sum.co.nz> wrote in message
> http://www.gregfoto.com/portfolio/image.php?album_id=43&album_item_id=574
>

> Eric Stevens

It reminds me of 35mm Agfachrome 1000, pushed +1 stop. That sequence could
have been easily (and better image quality) with any dSLR.

Matt Clara

Apr 30, 2009, 11:29:00 AM4/30/09
"Eric Stevens" <eric.s...@sum.co.nz> wrote in message
> http://www.gregfoto.com/portfolio/image.php?album_id=43&album_item_id=574
>

> Eric Stevens

It's interesting that the high res example they offer has not a single thing
is in focus.