Junk Yard Dog

Dudley Hanks

May 10, 2009, 2:35:20 AM5/10/09

Dudley Hanks

May 10, 2009, 3:51:53 AM5/10/09

"Dudley Hanks" <dha...@blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message news:...
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=126
>
> Comments welcome.

This is my best zoom pic to date. 50mm (80mm 35mm equiv) P&S. Not great,
but getting there.

Take Care,
Dudley

Caesar Romano

May 10, 2009, 7:28:38 AM5/10/09
On Sun, 10 May 2009 06:35:20 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
<dha...@blind-apertures.ca> wrote Re Junk Yard Dog:

>Comments welcome.

I notice that most of your shots are exposure biased +0.67EV. For most
of the front-lit shots, that looks too bright for my taste. I would
drop it to +0.33EV or even 0.0EV.

Dudley Hanks

May 10, 2009, 10:09:34 AM5/10/09

"Caesar Romano" <Sp...@uce.gov> wrote in message

Thanks, Caesar, I bumped up the EC because some folks were saying my shots
lacked detail in the shadows. But, 2/3 sounds like it is a bit too much.
I'll drop it down a third for a while and see how much difference it makes.

Thanks for the comment.

Take Care,
Dudley

whisky-dave

May 11, 2009, 8:14:21 AM5/11/09

"Dudley Hanks" <dha...@blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message

I agree, in fact I'd tend to under exposure a little in your shots as shadow
detail
in a dog shot I don;t see as important his fur and body are more important.
Most seem a little over exposed to me if anything.

Dudley Hanks

May 11, 2009, 8:56:53 AM5/11/09

"whisky-dave" <whisk...@final.front.ear> wrote in message

Thanks, Dave. Over the next week or so, I'll try a variety of EC settings
from +1/3 to -1/3 to determine just where the majority of shots come out the
best.

Take Care,
Dudley

Bob Larter

May 15, 2009, 2:29:49 PM5/15/09
Dudley, it'd be nice if you could put all your links in a single post,
rather than making a new post for each one.