Replacement battery brands?

Jean

May 24, 2009, 10:21:36 AM5/24/09
I need to replace the battery for my camera (Pana FZ28). I don't want to pay the exorbitant price for a "Panasonic" branded battery - besides, I found the OEM battery to be insufficient in terms of actual mAh. There seem to be a lot of off brands available. Anyone have any recommendations for brands?

Jean

David J Taylor

May 24, 2009, 10:59:11 AM5/24/09

I went for Hahnel for a number of 3rd-party batteries. I've been happy
with what I got from 7-day shop as well:

http://www.7dayshop.com

David

Message has been deleted

Marvin

May 24, 2009, 12:32:46 PM5/24/09
Jean wrote:
> I need to replace the battery for my camera (Pana FZ28). I don't want to pay the exorbitant price for a "Panasonic" branded battery - besides, I found the OEM battery to be insufficient in terms of actual mAh. There seem to be a lot of off brands available. Anyone have any recommendations for brands?
>
> Jean

My preferred source for batteries is
ThomasDistributing.com. See what they have for your camera.

Neil Harrington

May 25, 2009, 1:22:27 PM5/25/09

I bought Maxell brand for one of my Coolpix cameras and it seems just as
good as the original.

I've also tried a number of no-name Li-Ion batteries from eBay and they've
all been good, and way cheaper than the OEM. But I wouldn't put much faith
in their advertised capacities. Some are shown as having substantially
higher capacity than the OEMs but it doesn't seem to me they're actually any
better. Doesn't bother me; as long as they're about equal to OEM I'm
satisfied.

Just don't waste your money on no-name NiMH AA batteries on eBay. I tried
some of those nameless pea-green batteries a lot of sellers were offering
and found the entire batch worthless. Way overrated as to capacity and most
wouldn't hold a charge overnight anyway. Tried Tenergy brand and they stunk
too, not quite as bad as the pea-green no-names but nowhere near good enough
to bother with.