Re: Best online retailer?

Message has been deleted

sligoNo...@hotmail.com

Mar 4, 2009, 8:02:00 AM3/4/09
On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:14:08 -0600, Unglued <notr...@nunya.net>
wrote:

>Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
>for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
>retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
>
>What are the favorites in this group?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I like B&H

tony cooper

Mar 4, 2009, 8:30:02 AM3/4/09

Any of these: Adorama, Abe's of Maine, B&H, or Ritz.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

aquadiver

Mar 4, 2009, 8:52:24 AM3/4/09
On Mar 4, 7:14 am, Unglued <notro...@nunya.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
> for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
> retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
>
> What are the favorites in this group?
>
> Thanks in advance.

B&H, but starting to lean more toward Adorama lately because B&H
frequently doesn't ship till the day after the order, and Adorama
almost always ships same day. Prices and inventory are very similar.

gc

Don Stauffer

Mar 4, 2009, 10:26:42 AM3/4/09

We just read yesterday that Ritz may be going under :-(

George Kerby

Mar 4, 2009, 10:34:58 AM3/4/09

On 3/4/09 6:14 AM, in article ihrsq45rvcubbg8oe...@4ax.com,
"Unglued" <notr...@nunya.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
> for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
> retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
>
> What are the favorites in this group?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Amazon is good. And if you use their CC, you will either get extra time to
pay w/o finance charges and/or 3-5% back in coupons. Their return policy is
very favorable, as well.

Others that are positive B&H, Adaorama and KEH (Atlanta).

tony cooper

Mar 4, 2009, 10:38:56 AM3/4/09

Ritz has filed for Chapter 11. That allows them to continue to do
business. It shouldn't really affect a would-be purchaser of a
camera. Any long term warranty is a warranty of the camera's US
distributor.

In most cases, if the supplier has the camera in stock, at a good
price, and ships it...the dealer's future has little bearing on the
purchase. Actually, this would be the time to look for good deals at

Irwell

Mar 4, 2009, 11:13:38 AM3/4/09

Amazon, their return policy is great, also a good place to
safely sell your used gear.

Ron Recer

Mar 4, 2009, 11:54:41 AM3/4/09

"Unglued" <notr...@nunya.net> wrote in message

> Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
> for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
> retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
>
> What are the favorites in this group?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have used B&H for a number of years. They will sell you the item at their
posted price with no hassle or requirement to also purchase some related
items at inflated prices or pay exhorbanate shipping and handling fees.
They have always shipped within the time the told me and I have received
everything in great shape.

Ron

ASAAR

Mar 4, 2009, 12:21:13 PM3/4/09
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:13:38 -0800, Irwell wrote:

>> Others that are positive B&H, Adaorama and KEH (Atlanta).
>
> Amazon, their return policy is great, also a good place to
> safely sell your used gear.

I haven't used Amazon that much, only 4 times, but returns were
needed twice when suppliers substituted a cheaper item for the one
that was ordered. No change in price though. One was a B+W filter
that arrived as a Tiffen filter, with the glass filter element
rattling since it wasn't glued or crimped properly. I've ordered
more times from B&H and Adorama and never had a problem.

SMS

Mar 4, 2009, 2:13:12 PM3/4/09
Unglued wrote:
> Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
> for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
> retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
>
> What are the favorites in this group?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I bought my SLR from Amazon at a time when B&H was more expensive and
did not offer free shipping. Now B&H is usually the same price as Amazon
and offers free shipping, so I'd rather give the business to them. Help
them keep their brick and mortar store open so you can visit it when you
go to NYC!

One advantage of Amazon is that if you sign up for their credit card you
get a 3% rebate (in Amazon gift certificates) on Amazon purchases which
is better than any standard Visa card (I get 2% on one Visa card and
it's being discontinued at the end of March). So on the XSi kit, it'd be
$20.40 back in an Amazon gift certificate.

Bill

Mar 5, 2009, 7:43:35 AM3/5/09
wrote:

>Thanks for the replies on Broadway photo. I am leaning toward Amazon
>for my camera purchase, but I have also seen some larger camera
>retailers that also have good reviews (B&H, Abe's, etc).
>
>What are the favorites in this group?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I think that B&H Photo/Video and Adorama are probably at the top of
the heap, but as mentioned by others, Amazon is prtetty darn
dependable also. Another good on-line retailer is Butterfly Photo. I
usually go with one of the above, depending who has the best deal on
the item I'm interested in.

HTH
Bill