Nikon confirms D90 LV bug

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 7:18:56 AM4/16/09
As I detected earlier:
Nikon support has confirmed that the D90 has a bug.

In LV mode the shutterspeed is frozen at the value taken at the moment of
activation. It doesn't change where ever you point the camera. However, it
does meter correctly, but this new value is not seen after you shoot.

This also applies for the top level LCD and it doesn't work with Camera
Control Pro either.

A firmware update is expected anytime soon.

Nikon couldn't confirm yet if the D5000 suffers from the same bug. I'll keep
you posted.
--
---
Focus

http://nikon-box.com (launched soon)

Int´ll Digital Photography Forum:
http://atlantic-diesel.com (launched soon)

ASAAR

Apr 16, 2009, 7:34:21 AM4/16/09
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:18:56 +0100, Focus twittered:

> As I detected earlier:
> Nikon support has confirmed that the D90 has a bug.

. . .

> A firmware update is expected anytime soon.
>
> Nikon couldn't confirm yet if the D5000 suffers from the same bug. I'll keep
> you posted.

Wonderful. And do let us know when you trade your D90 in for that
hot, hot D5000, Sosumi.

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 9:02:02 AM4/16/09

"ASAAR" <cau...@22.com> wrote in message

Don't you have anything better to do, Muslim freak...

--
---
Focus

Ray Fischer

Apr 16, 2009, 1:04:51 PM4/16/09
Focus <do...@mail.me> wrote:
>"ASAAR" <cau...@22.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:18:56 +0100, Focus twittered:
>>
>>> As I detected earlier:
>>> Nikon support has confirmed that the D90 has a bug.
>> . . .
>>
>>> A firmware update is expected anytime soon.
>>>
>>> Nikon couldn't confirm yet if the D5000 suffers from the same bug. I'll
>>> keep
>>> you posted.
>>
>> Wonderful. And do let us know when you trade your D90 in for that
>> hot, hot D5000, Sosumi.
>
>Don't you have anything better to do, Muslim freak...

Another racist/religious bigot.

--
Ray Fischer
rfis...@sonic.net

ASAAR

Apr 16, 2009, 3:09:10 PM4/16/09
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:02:02 +0100, Focus wrote:

>> Wonderful. And do let us know when you trade your D90 in for that
>> hot, hot D5000, Sosumi.
>
> Don't you have anything better to do, Muslim freak...

Don't give away too much of your xenophobic streak, O little one.
What's wrong with mentioning "Sosumi"? It's the handle you used
here last year, and the one you're still using in DPR's forums.
It's also the name of one of the Mac's early system sounds.

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 6:25:08 PM4/16/09

"ASAAR" <cau...@22.com> wrote in message

Just getting tired of people that follow me around with smartass remarks.
Even when they have nothing to say.
FYI: I'm 6'1, 210 pounds so if you call that little, I'm curious what you
think is big.

--
---
Focus

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 6:26:09 PM4/16/09

"Ray Fischer" <rfis...@sonic.net> wrote in message

Get a job PWTCT...
--
---
Focus

ASAAR

Apr 16, 2009, 7:18:26 PM4/16/09
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:25:08 +0100, Focus wrote:

>> Don't give away too much of your xenophobic streak, O little one.
>> What's wrong with mentioning "Sosumi"? It's the handle you used
>> here last year, and the one you're still using in DPR's forums.
>> It's also the name of one of the Mac's early system sounds.
>
> Just getting tired of people that follow me around with smartass remarks.
> Even when they have nothing to say.

It's not that you're followed around. It's that you seem to be
everywhere. I don't recall seeing any "Sosumi" posts in DPR's
forums before yesterday, and only took a look at a thread because it
looked promising. Then I discovered someone that was leaving nasty,
insulting replies, his writing style was quite similar to yours, and
also was recognized as being a fickle DSLR owner, flitting
frequently from one to another.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=31601745

>> This kind of thinking brought us where we are now. You think about
>> buying every single toy that comes out, but how do you finance it.
>> . . .
>> Instead of buying a new camera, I would just take a good photography
>> course, to help me understand framing, light, exposures etc. That
>> would help me produce better pictures instead of a new camera.
>>
>> The people that are making a killing in this economy, are not the
>> once whom spent money on every new toy, but are the ones that
>> saved and now have the cash to purchase undervalued assets.
>
> Well, my wife has a PhD in economy. I think I trust her word more
> than some poster in DPR...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=31605083

Another lame comeback, quite similar to your response the other
day here, when you whined about your grammatical mistake
(erroneously thinking it was a spelling mistake) and saying that
"But before I post again, I'll have it checked by my sister who's a
professor in English literature." You've posted again, and again,
and yet there's nothing from your keyboard about what your sister
had to say.

If your wife is responsible for your knowledge of all things
economic, she's as competent as you are with photography, and you'd
have been much better off had you married Betty La Fea instead.

> FYI: I'm 6'1, 210 pounds so if you call that little, I'm curious what you
> think is big.

Your tunnel vision is amazing, my good little man. It's not about
size, it's about stature, about being big in wisdom, maturity, and
common sense, about being willing to admit when you're wrong, not
about having an ego so large that you treat these photo newsgroups
and DPReview's forums as your personal blog, thinking that we're all
interested in every thought that rattles around in your skull. Save
it for twitter.

Focus

Apr 16, 2009, 8:01:51 PM4/16/09

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:25:08 +0100, Focus wrote:

<SNIP, long story and investigation>

>thinking that we're all
> interested in every thought that rattles around in your skull.

You seem to be over interested, since you jump on every bloody post I do.
Like something that sticks to your shoe and you just can't get rid of.

Even for a stalker you've got way too much time on your hands.
Go find a job.

--
---
Focus

Rob Morley

Apr 16, 2009, 8:21:58 PM4/16/09
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 19:18:26 -0400
ASAAR <cau...@22.com> wrote:

> about having an ego so large that you treat these photo newsgroups
> and DPReview's forums as your personal blog, thinking that we're all
> interested in every thought that rattles around in your skull.

You gotta love the way he announces stuff, like we're all waiting for
his next pronouncement on some issue or other, while actually nobody
gives a toss about what he thinks but just wonders what sort of
stupidity he's going to come up with next.

ASAAR

Apr 16, 2009, 10:24:58 PM4/16/09
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 01:21:58 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

>> about having an ego so large that you treat these photo newsgroups
>> and DPReview's forums as your personal blog, thinking that we're all
>> interested in every thought that rattles around in your skull.
>
> You gotta love the way he announces stuff, like we're all waiting for
> his next pronouncement on some issue or other, while actually nobody
> gives a toss about what he thinks but just wonders what sort of
> stupidity he's going to come up with next.

Yep, and last year when he appeared here as "Sosumi", while trying
to learn how to use his D300, and thinking that he discovered a bug,
he petitioned the newsgroup to complain to Nikon for a fix, just as
he's now done with his D90. Over in DPR's forums he proclaimed that
he was going to trade in his D90 for the new D5000, but then changed
his mind after thinking that it has a bug that's serious enough to
be considered as a "deal killer". Many photographers here and at
DPR aspire to be very good photographers. Focus/Sosumi aspires to
be the ultimate consumer, and he's claimed that his spending will
help ameliorate the worldwide financial crisis.

Nobel Alert! :)

Bruce

Apr 17, 2009, 10:50:04 AM4/17/09
ASAAR <cau...@22.com> wrote:

>Nobel Alert! :)

Should be "Darwin Alert" surely?

;-)

Savageduck

Apr 17, 2009, 10:58:18 AM4/17/09

Only if the DSLR is used to capture "unique" perspective shots of the
underside of Portugese Firetrucks as the roll on a call out.
--
Regards,
Savageduck

Bruce

Apr 17, 2009, 11:31:57 AM4/17/09
Savageduck <savag...@savage.net> wrote:

One can only hope. ;-)

ASAAR

Apr 17, 2009, 3:24:19 PM4/17/09
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:50:04 +0100, Bruce wrote:

>> Nobel Alert! :)
>

> Should be "Darwin Alert" surely?
>
> ;-)

Ah, I see what you mean. My alert was for Focus's mother-in-law,
who is a professor specializing it abnormal psychology and who
happens to be on the Nobel's screening committee. Rumor has it that
she's heard of the Darwin Award and may be secretly contacting
Portuguese arsonists in order to hasten its happening.

Focus

Apr 17, 2009, 4:46:10 PM4/17/09
"ASAAR" <cau...@22.com> wrote in message

The camel is called the ship of the desert.

But what is the virgin of the desert?
A goat that can run faster than a muslim....

--
---
Focus

Savageduck

Apr 17, 2009, 5:14:10 PM4/17/09

That's like the old one;
"where does virgin wool come from? -- The sheep which run the fastest."
--
Regards,
Savageduck

The Bobert

Apr 17, 2009, 5:25:03 PM4/17/09
In article <YJCdnQlhp8AJd3XU...@novis.pt>,
"Focus" <do...@mail.me> wrote:

> "ASAAR" <cau...@22.com> wrote in message

> >> Should be "Darwin Alert" surely?
> >>
> >> ;-)
> >
> > Ah, I see what you mean. My alert was for Focus's mother-in-law,
> > who is a professor specializing it abnormal psychology and who
> > happens to be on the Nobel's screening committee. Rumor has it that
> > she's heard of the Darwin Award and may be secretly contacting
> > Portuguese arsonists in order to hasten its happening.
>

> The camel is called the ship of the desert.

Because they are full of Arab Seamen

> But what is the virgin of the desert?
> A goat that can run faster than a muslim....
--

Flame on. I have a good plonker

Bobert in Central CA

Focus

Apr 17, 2009, 5:45:27 PM4/17/09
"Savageduck" <savag...@savage.net> wrote in message

That triggers another old one:

Two friends are camping in Africa when they see an angry lion, ready to
attack them.
One of them takes of his boots and starts putting on his running shoes.

The other said:" What are you doing? You can never outrun a lion!"

"I don't have to. As long as I can run faster than you, I'll be OK"

--
---
Focus