Whatever happened to the "single pixel" camera idea?

Rich

Jun 15, 2009, 2:23:58 AM6/15/09
I remember reading about it a few years back.

daveFaktor

Jun 15, 2009, 3:43:33 AM6/15/09
Rich wrote:
> I remember reading about it a few years back.

Enlarging the images was a problem!

Rich the Troll Is Really Hurting For Troll Ideas Lately

Jun 15, 2009, 8:38:28 AM6/15/09
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <rande...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I remember reading about it a few years back.

The same thing that happened to the single brain-cell idea, it was given a
trademark name of "Rich the Troll".

Though in all truth, some people are quite fond of a single wall in a room
painted in a particular hue and unadorned by anything else. To them that is
their single-pixel masterpiece and it brings them a great sense of artistic
pleasure. But look at how large they were able to display it without having
any upsampling artifacts! Amazing.

Pfffft! Dull morning, I had some left-over ASCII characters that I needed
to use up, waste not want not and all that rubbish

Here's a few more left-overs that I couldn't work into the above: Q % Xx Zz
^ E F / # ` G { H I _ Jj ~~ K L ] M @ Y, I always seem to have too many of
these damn things left-over for some reason. ~~~~~ I need to find more
uses for them.

Oh, and these things too }{ I'll dump a few of them now. I'm running out of
room to store them all.
}{}{}{}{}{}{{}{{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{

Eric Stevens

Jun 15, 2009, 4:07:39 PM6/15/09
wrote:

>I remember reading about it a few years back.

Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b

The idea still seems to be alive and well.

Eric Stevens

daveFaktor

Jun 15, 2009, 6:28:13 PM6/15/09

A serious problem with Google is dates.
They never but the date of the last entry in a link and it could very
well be 2 years old if no other site has more recent info conforming to
their idea of a relevant site.

mike

Jun 15, 2009, 7:09:27 PM6/15/09
In article <nead35ll5050rrq35...@4ax.com>,
eric.s...@sum.co.nz says...
I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How the
hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?

Mike

Robert Coe

Jun 21, 2009, 9:57:28 PM6/21/09
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
: I remember reading about it a few years back.

I think you'll find that it was discredited a while back, when it was
discovered that the human eye has more than one pixel.

Bob

Robert Coe

Jun 21, 2009, 9:58:45 PM6/21/09

Didn't you once claim that you had a way of doing it?

Bob

Robert Coe

Jun 21, 2009, 10:02:38 PM6/21/09
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:09:27 +1200, mike <m....@irl.cri.replacethiswithnz>
wrote:
: In article <nead35ll5050rrq35...@4ax.com>,

They read him mind-numbing gibberish from Rich's Usenet articles.

Bob

John Turco

Jun 26, 2009, 1:30:33 AM6/26/09

Hello, Bob:

How could you abide such blatant cruelty to animals? :-)

Cordially,
John Turco <jt...@concentric.net>

Paul Furman

Jun 27, 2009, 2:06:57 PM6/27/09

Looks like they took a photo of a photo. Here's the best link I found:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081014134021.htm
-some interesting related stories there too

Seems like the advantage is high sensitivity & low cost for imaging
faint spectrum stuff similar to x-rays. I don't really get the random
pattern interferometer thingy <g>.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net