Question about Nikon D40

shal...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2009, 12:55:29 PM2/8/09
Easy question: how do you get the monitor to work as the view
finder? I assumed this was possible, but maybe I am wrong. I'm
trying to use my D40 with a telescope and using the view finder is
very difficult. Thanks,

Jeff

Alex Singleton

Feb 8, 2009, 1:03:46 PM2/8/09

The viewfinder isn't designed to provide a live view, I'm afraid.
However, if the problem is that the viewfinder appears to be giving
out of focus images, there's something to adjust it with just to its
right.

--
Alex Singleton
http://www.alexsingleton.co.uk/

Jürgen Exner

Feb 8, 2009, 2:59:11 PM2/8/09
shal...@gmail.com wrote:
>Easy question: how do you get the monitor to work as the view
>finder?

You don't.

>I assumed this was possible, but maybe I am wrong.

Indeed.

jue

Jürgen Exner

Feb 8, 2009, 3:01:02 PM2/8/09
Alex Singleton <alex.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 8 Feb, 17:55, shalom...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Easy question:  how do you get the monitor to work as the view
>> finder?  I assumed this was possible, but maybe I am wrong.  I'm
>> trying to use my D40 with a telescope and using the view finder is
>> very difficult.  Thanks,
>
>The viewfinder isn't designed to provide a live view,

Actually it is. The viewfinder is a direct optical view through the lens
without any electronic interference or detour.

jue

mianileng

Feb 8, 2009, 4:32:47 PM2/8/09
Except for a few recent models which does not include the Nikon
D40, the LCD monitor on DSLRs do not provide a live display of
what's in front of the lens. You *have* to use the optical
viewfinder for that.

Alex Singleton

Feb 8, 2009, 4:49:53 PM2/8/09
On 2009-02-08 20:01:02 +0000, Jürgen Exner <jurg...@hotmail.com> said:

> Actually it is. The viewfinder is a direct optical view through the lens
> without any electronic interference or detour.

Indeed. I was meaning to say the LCD monitor.