truly portable charger for Nikon EN-EL4a battery (D2, D3 series)

1 view

Father Kodak

May 25, 2009, 7:29:42 PM5/25/09
Does anyone know of a truly portable charger for the EN-EL4A battery,
something a lot smaller than the 2-port MH-22 charger that comes with
the D3?

Father Kodak

Savageduck

May 25, 2009, 7:57:35 PM5/25/09

I am using the MH-21
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/300650-REG/Nikon_25278_MH_21_Quick_Charger.html
Not

particularly small, but smaller than the MH-22.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Father Kodak

May 26, 2009, 11:19:06 AM5/26/09

I was hoping that some third party (Maha?) made such a charger,
something about the same size as the battery itself, truly portable.

-Father Kodak

Message has been deleted

Paul Furman

May 26, 2009, 6:49:40 PM5/26/09
Father Kodak wrote:
> On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:57:35 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1{REMOVESPAM}@me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2009-05-25 16:29:42 -0700, Father Kodak <dont_...@IDontCare.COM> said:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a truly portable charger for the EN-EL4A battery,
>>> something a lot smaller than the 2-port MH-22 charger that comes with
>>> the D3?
>>>
>>> Father Kodak
>> I am using the MH-21
>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/300650-REG/Nikon_25278_MH_21_Quick_Charger.html
>> Not
>>
>> particularly small, but smaller than the MH-22.

I use an MH-18a for my D700 with EN-EL3e batteries.
I guess those are not compatible though.
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Battery-Charger-EN-EL3e-compatible/dp/B0009PEU3Y

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Father Kodak

May 28, 2009, 10:26:57 PM5/28/09
On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:19:59 -0400, m...@mine.net wrote:

>On Tue, 26 May 2009 11:19:06 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Father Kodak
><dont_...@IDontCare.COM> wrote:
>
>>I was hoping that some third party (Maha?) made such a charger,
>>something about the same size as the battery itself, truly portable.
>

>Lenmar would seem to imply they have one capable.
>
>http://www.lenmar.com/Web/ProductSummary.aspx?OEM=Nikon&CatID=2&Model=EN-EL4a

Uh, I'm not so sure. I checked that page, and did find the EN-EL4a
battery, which seems legit. However, I think the mis-classified the
"universal charger." I had to go to the PDF to see details, and in
the PDF it states that this charger works for most batteries 3.6-7.2
V. Only problem is that the EL4a is 11.1 V. And the contacts are so
recessed that I doubt that the charger contact pins would have worked
OK.

Thanks for the URL, though.

Father Kodak