APS Advantix Scanner Advice Needed

cacheandleave

Jun 21, 2009, 7:54:09 PM6/21/09
I have plenty of APS cartridges I need scanned, as well as lots of
other older film, 110, etc...

What would you purchase to work on my IMAC?

I have a Kodak FD 300, but no power cord or software. Since I can't
get one, I need to do something else.

TIA

Fred McKenzie

Jun 23, 2009, 11:11:43 PM6/23/09
In article
<bc119ca1-d041-4aa6...@g20g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
cacheandleave <cachea...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cacheand-

I have an older Minolta "Dimage Scan Dual" that uses a SCSI connection.
As I recall, the APS Advantix film holder did not come with it, but was
available separately. With any luck, you may find everything you need
on E-Bay.

I had to get a SCSI-to-FireWire adapter to work with the recent Macs. I
don't think there is Minolta software available to use it with OS X, but
VueScan works quite well with it.

If you are interested, VueScan works with every scanner I've tried. You
can download a trial version at <http://www.hamrick.com>. It may even
work with the FD 300 if you can find a power cord.

Fred

SMS

Jun 24, 2009, 2:44:44 AM6/24/09

The Canon FS-4000 Scanner included APS capability as standard. Might be
easier to find than stuff for the FD 300.

I.e. "http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pho/1235914807.html"